PDA

View Full Version : building up mm tranny

Blancosmarauder
05-29-2010, 07:49 AM
I am in search of some ideas as to how i can really put some serious power to the pavement.. any ideas let me know im ready to rip into the tranny

musclemerc
05-29-2010, 01:42 PM
Do a search on the J mod, get a deep pan, and a PI 3000 single disc stall.... DONE!

Darrin
05-29-2010, 06:48 PM
Personally I disagree with the deep pan and I think that 3000 isn't nearly enough stall considering that the factory converter is rated to stall more than 2700 rpm. I also always follow the advice that you will find right on the PI website where it says very specifically "***Note the multi-disc converters are a MUST for applications that are locking-up the torque converter under WOT."

Here is the link for those who will still not believe me.

http://www.converter.com/stallion.htm

Look right below the descriptions of the converters and right above the pictures.

Now, I follow that advice on PI converters specifically and do so specifically because they know that it's important enough to post it clearly on their website. On the converters that I sell we use different components that perform and hold up differently in certain situations.

PI makes a great product as long as it is used as intended. But, that goes for everything I guess.

If you want more info or ideas please feel free to give me a call at 317-514-0816 and I will be happy to help you out. No purchase necessary.

Take care and have a great holiday weekend!

Darrin