PDA

View Full Version : Carlisle BBQ supplies.

Blackened300a
05-30-2010, 12:38 PM
Tom (ts-pa) is bring his grill to Carlisle this year for a Saturday afternoon BBQ under the tent.

Miss Denmark is bring all kinds of goodies for us as far as desserts, drinks and supplies, Dereck is also kicking in some food items as well as myself, but we could also use a hand from the rest of the attending members with food supplies or a few extra coolers to make sure we have enough food for the close to 80 people that will be under the tent.

Soda, ice, BBQ food like hot dogs, burgers and buns, chips, would be greatly appreciated. :beer:

Ms. Denmark
05-30-2010, 01:25 PM
A couple of suggestions only ( not manadatory at all) if you are attending......and we hope you are.....:cool4:....consider bringing along a cooler with a 6 pack or two of your favorite beverages/water and ice and even a package of brats or hot dogs and buns.

In addition, if you can, why not bring a bag of snacks /chips, or paper/plastic goods, or your boom box and batteries/converter and some tunes? We can always use garbage bags, wet naps, paper plates/napkins and plastic utensils and large drink cups too.

Extra folding chairs and tents also come in handy. It's a great big picnic so if possible, bring along anything you think will add to your (and the groups )enjoyment. But don't worry if you can't!! Looking forward to another great time at Carlisle. It really gets better every year!

Let me say thanks to Blackened300a for spear -heading this effort, and for all his hard work to provide us with T-shirts, trophies and so much more! Thanks as well to Smoke for his work to ensure we have name placards for the event and more! Last but not least, a big thanks to ts-pa (Tom) who so generously provides his grill and grilling expertise to keep us all fed! Thanks guys, it's really appreciated! See you all next weekend!

johnnyrauder
05-30-2010, 03:12 PM
I will gladly pick up some said items once i get there. Instead of trying to keep things cold during the ride up. It should take me at least 4 1/2 hrs. I was never there but i'm sure there are supermarkets around...
Looking forward to meeting everyone..

LeoVampire
05-30-2010, 04:23 PM
I will do what I can to bring some stuff. I have to ask Ron exactly what I need for the room first to determin what I may have to play with leway wise.

Maybe get a cooler and fill it with drinks or something. I will try to let you know ahead of time.

Bluerauder
05-30-2010, 04:37 PM
A couple of suggestions if you are attending......and we hope you are.....:cool4:....consider bringing along a cooler with a 6 pack or two of your favorite beverages/water and ice and even a package of brats or hot dogs and buns.!
I'll have a cooler with drinks and ice. Will pick up dogs, buns and snacks on Friday evening. :up:

Ms. Denmark
05-30-2010, 05:19 PM
I will do what I can to bring some stuff. I have to ask Ron exactly what I need for the room first to determin what I may have to play with leway wise.

Maybe get a cooler and fill it with drinks or something. I will try to let you know ahead of time.Don't feel that you have to bring stuff if it will make the budget too tight. It's not mandatory by any means.....just a suggestion for anyone who can. There will be plenty to share with everyone. The important thing is to come and have a great time! Don't be concerned about anything else. :beer:

FreddieH
05-30-2010, 07:14 PM
I will have some burgers, buns, and beverages on board.

Blackened300a
05-30-2010, 07:19 PM
Don't feel that you have to bring stuff if it will make the budget too tight. It's not mandatory by any means.....just a suggestion for anyone who can.

Exactly. Not mandatory at all, just a suggestion to make sure we have plenty to go around for everyone.

Mr. Man
05-30-2010, 07:45 PM
I will have some burgers, buns, and beverages on board.Bring some broads and you may be party central.;):beer:

DOOM
05-30-2010, 07:47 PM
Is there a grocery store near the fair grounds?

Mr. Man
05-30-2010, 07:50 PM
Your not bringing some of your secret recipe ribs:bigcry:

Bluerauder
05-30-2010, 07:55 PM
There is a shopping center (with a Quik Mart and a Shure Fine Grocery Story) at Carlisle Springs Road and Cavalry Road. Go out Gate #3 and make a right. Just about 1/2 to 3/4 miles. That is the way that I head back to Route 11 and the hotel. The BP station at Route 11 & I-81 also has a food store.

Ladyhawke
05-30-2010, 08:23 PM
We can always use garbage bags, wet naps, paper plates/napkins and plastic utensils and large drink cups too.

We will bring the items above along with our tent.

Red91LX
05-30-2010, 11:00 PM
Tom (ts-pa) is bring his grill to Carlisle this year for a Saturday afternoon BBQ under the tent.

Miss Denmark is bring all kinds of goodies...and supplies, Dereck is also kicking in some food items as well as myself, but we could also use a hand from the rest of the attending members with food supplies or a few extra coolers to make sure we have enough food for the close to 80 people that will be under the tent.

Soda, ice, BBQ food like hot dogs, burgers and buns, chips, would be greatly appreciated. :beer:Close to 80 people is quite possible if most of us bring a spouse or friend. The usual Carlisle tent probably won't come close to having enough room for that many. It would be good to have a few smaller canopies to handle the overflow.

TooManyFords
05-31-2010, 05:32 AM
I'll volunteer to make frequent runs into town for supplies so others can ride in ProRauder.

J-MAN
05-31-2010, 06:17 AM
I'll volunteer to make frequent runs into town for supplies so others can ride in ProRauder.

A Prince among men!

vtwoodsman
05-31-2010, 06:23 AM
I'll bring the canopy, two camping chairs, a small butane camping grill, and a cooler.
Ms. VTwoodsman will pack some other stuff that I usually forget.

Blackened300a
05-31-2010, 08:07 AM

Ill make the list and be sure help you carry it all out. :D

vtwoodsman
05-31-2010, 08:20 AM
Since Mrs. VTwoodsman cannot make the trip to Carlilse....I asked permission to have a substitute in her place. She asked "..and whom may that be ?" I calmly stated a Mercury Marauder representative...a person that would bring attention to the Marauder display and capable of educating those that are not aware of the vehicle and its history. She followed with another question...with a bit of suspicious tone..."What is this representatives name..?" I excitedly replied..."HEIDI HOOTERS" !!
SSooooooooooooo.....I will be traveling ALONE to Carlilise....without my testiculars.

Blackened300a
05-31-2010, 08:25 AM
Since Mrs. VTwoodsman cannot make the trip to Carlilse....I asked permission to have a substitute in her place. She asked "..and whom may that be ?" I calmly stated a Mercury Marauder representative...a person that would bring attention to the Marauder display and capable of educating those that are not aware of the vehicle and its history. She followed with another question...with a bit of suspicious tone..."What is this representatives name..?" I excitedly replied..."HEIDI HOOTERS" !!
SSooooooooooooo.....I will be traveling ALONE to Carlilise....without my testiculars.

:lol:
Yeah a quick google search of Heidi Hooters most likely squashed those plans.

jonroe
05-31-2010, 09:11 AM
:lol:
Yeah a quick google search of Heidi Hooters most likely squashed those plans.
Wow, age 49!

jonroe
05-31-2010, 09:12 AM
I will bring a cooler with drinks and dogs and probably some chips or peanuts.

Jon

LeoVampire
05-31-2010, 10:23 AM
Don't feel that you have to bring stuff if it will make the budget too tight. It's not mandatory by any means.....just a suggestion for anyone who can. There will be plenty to share with everyone. The important thing is to come and have a great time! Don't be concerned about anything else. :beer:

I belong to the BJ's whole sale club and was thinking I could grab some stuff from there pretty cheap enough. Fran isn't going to Puerto Rico to visit family as originaly planed so I should be able to get some stuff and bring it along. The family size boneless pork and or beef ribs should be cheap enough and a double pack of Sweet Baby rays BBQ sauce to cook them with plus some soda and water is what I had in mind.
I think my neighbor has a cooler I can barrow I am going to ask them today.

rayjay
05-31-2010, 01:09 PM
I'll have a cooler, chairs and we will buy some stuff down there. That is provided to we don't come across another flying giant horned forest rat while enroute... :(

Krytin
05-31-2010, 03:29 PM
I'll have a cooler and some Johnsonville Bratts!!!

Krytin
05-31-2010, 03:31 PM
Oh Yeah, I'll have to go and pick up the buns after I get there...;)

Mr. Man
05-31-2010, 03:32 PM
I'll have a cooler, chairs and we will buy some stuff down there. That is provided to we don't come across another flying giant horned forest rat while enroute... :(
If you do, bring it along. Forest rat is tasty BBQ:D

Haggis
06-01-2010, 03:57 AM

If you do not see any, I can bring you one from my yard on Saturday. :D

Mr. Man
06-01-2010, 08:13 PM
mmmmmm... Maryland forest rat BBQ:drool::food::2thumbs:

rayjay
06-02-2010, 04:45 AM

I have some frozen. I'll see what is worth bringing.

Dark_Knight7096
06-02-2010, 07:02 PM
I'll bring the beer leftover from my bbq this weekend, I may also be able to bring burgers or dogs unless all were given away already. I'll check when I get home.

LeoVampire
06-03-2010, 01:49 PM
15 lbs of pork ribs I deboned and feleitd and now marinating in BBQ sause.

1 case of Coke

1 case of Sprite

1 Case of Water

Also bringing some 13 gallon garbage bags as well.

That's it folk's I hope it helps us all out with having a good time together.

Ms. Denmark
06-03-2010, 03:39 PM

1 case of Coke

1 case of Sprite

1 Case of Water

That's it folk's I hope it helps us all out with having a good time together.WOW!! :beer:

Blackened300a
06-03-2010, 03:57 PM

1 case of Coke

1 case of Sprite

1 Case of Water

That's it folk's I hope it helps us all out with having a good time together.

:bows::bows: More then enough sir! Thanks!

SMOKE
06-03-2010, 04:01 PM
Thank you LV!

Best,
Jonathan

LeoVampire
06-03-2010, 04:05 PM
No thank you for inviting me and having me along with all of you!

This is my way of doing a little contribution beside's the flags.

You all have been nice to me and welcoming dispite never meeting me in person and allowing me into the fold @ Carlisle means a lot to me in more ways than one.

So thanks everyone and your very welcome!

Dark_Knight7096
06-03-2010, 04:52 PM
I have a bunch of burgers and dogs I'm bringing

Krytin
06-03-2010, 06:11 PM
Now I feel small - I only picked up 5 packs of Brats.

Blackened300a
06-03-2010, 06:15 PM
I may have to call all the surrounding car clubs over to eat all this extra food we will have. :D

Krytin
06-03-2010, 06:20 PM
I may have to call all the surrounding car clubs over to eat all this extra food we will have. :D

Let's not jump the gun there - Martin may want to try to make up for his performance at JR's:lol:

Plus, I plan to eat continuously Saturday once the grill starts up!

LeoVampire
06-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Now I feel small - I only picked up 5 packs of Brats.

I did not do this to show anyone up so no worries okay?!

They said for us all to share and I did not want to leave anyone out of some ribs and what not.

Those consesion stands can be expensive @ events andI have no idea who is ruffing it on money so while I have the cash why not share.

Blackened300a
06-03-2010, 06:26 PM
Those consesion stands can be expensive @ events andI have no idea who is ruffing it on money so while I have the cash why not share.

Those burgers are made of dog meat. I bought a burger and threw it out after 2 bites. Thats why we BBQ for ourselves.

Bluerauder
06-03-2010, 06:30 PM
I have a case of water, coke, iced tea, and some beer. Will ice it all down enroute tomorrow morning. Will pick up BBQ items (dogs, buns, and snacks) tomorrow night.

Ms. Denmark
06-03-2010, 06:40 PM
We will definately be well fed! Thanks everyone!

Krytin
06-03-2010, 06:47 PM
I did not do this to show anyone up so no worries okay?!

They said for us all to share and I did not want to leave anyone out of some ribs and what not.

Dude - not to worry!!!
I'm looking forward to eating some of those ribs if I can get them away from Doom!!:lol:
Once you get to know me you'll understand me!

LeoVampire
06-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Dude - not to worry!!!
I'm looking forward to eating some of those ribs if I can get them away from Doom!!:lol:
Once you get to know me you'll understand me!

Doom is not going so you have no problem that way :depress:

As I said I haven't met anyone from here in person so it's hard to tell what anyone is like in real life. On-line is one thing in person is another that I realize.

I am just nervous and excited about the whole ordeal. It's been 15 years since I have been anywhere for more than a day except being stuck in hospitals so this is a big ordeal for me and more of a vacation than anything.

My Marauder has never been next to another one @ any event I have gone to so there is a lot going on here for me this weekend.

Fran got me a cell phone for the trip another thing I have never had.

Ladyhawke
06-03-2010, 08:53 PM
We can always use garbage bags, wet naps, paper plates/napkins and plastic utensils and large drink cups too.

We will bring the items above along with our tent.

Picked up the garage bags, plates, napkins, utensils, and cups today. Will get the wet naps tomorrow, hopefully another grocery store will have them.

Haggis
06-04-2010, 03:49 AM
Let's not jump the gun there - Martin may want to try to make up for his performance at JR's:lol:

Plus, I plan to eat continuously Saturday once the grill starts up!

I can eat quite a lot of food so do not worry about left overs. :food:

Loco1234
06-04-2010, 03:00 PM
Ill be there soon... hit a lot of traffic.... 40min Ill be there... is anyone still gonna be on the show field? Are we gonna try and make a bar getg together tonight...? If so where? How about breakfast...?

Loco1234
06-04-2010, 07:51 PM
Well I got the hot dog buns & hamburger buns... plus some party mix & beer.... fyi. I think we still need ketchup etc....

Dereck
06-05-2010, 03:14 AM
We I think we still need ketchup etc....

Hi Loco1234

I got mustard|!!

Regards

Dereck

pacammer
06-05-2010, 05:52 AM
sounds good. I am about to leave the hotel & head on over... so the Buns are on the way... See everyone in a lil bit...

P.S. I'll need help mounting the MM.net banner It came out to be 36" tall but 108" long... I think its great...
everyone let me know...

SMOKE
06-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the banner and thanks for the awesome food everyone!

Best,
Jonathan

LeoVampire
06-07-2010, 12:59 PM
Everything was awsome to say the least!

The food the cooks and everyone there!

Some ate so much they could not help but fall asleep in their chairs and cars once it was done.

I felt so sorry for the cooks between the smoke and heat you guys and galls had it hard to say the least but you stuck with it and did a hell of a job for us all! :beer:

Ms. Denmark
06-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Well I got the hot dog buns & hamburger buns... plus some party mix & beer.... fyi. I think we still need ketchup etc....That was a minor crisis! LOL All those burgers and no ketchup!:eek: But one of our really brilliant members made a run on the concession stand and came back with a ton of little ketchup packets! We really do have the smartest members anywhere!! BTW who gets the credit for that great idea? I can't remember. Too much rib smoke in my eyes.;)

sounds good. I am about to leave the hotel & head on over... so the Buns are on the way... See everyone in a lil bit...

P.S. I'll need help mounting the MM.net banner It came out to be 36" tall but 108" long... I think its great...
everyone let me know... That banner was awesome!! We had quite a few members helping.........and helping...........and helping.......! I remember Paul, and Paul, and Tommy and Gordon and even me, and another member from NJ with the Silver Birch made attempts at securing it!
it was wonderful. Thanks for providing it for us!

Blackened300a
06-07-2010, 03:17 PM
BTW who gets the credit for that great idea? I can't remember. Too much rib smoke in my eyes.;)!

I wanted to run down and pick up the giant bottle of ketchup they have at the food court. The packets were a better idea. :beer:

Ms. Denmark
06-07-2010, 03:38 PM
I wanted to run down and pick up the giant bottle of ketchup they have at the food court. The packets were a better idea. :beer:That's right! I remember you saying that! LOL!! We could have sent Paul and Tommy......or Gordon!:eek:

FastMerc
06-07-2010, 03:49 PM
I just want to convey my thanks to Paul for his efforts towards this event,and to the others who did there part as well. It was a good time.As for the weather it was so so and the real men and women showed up. So you know next year the weather will be better,thats usually how it goes there. By the way Paul very creative on the shirts very very good job...

Blackened300a
06-07-2010, 03:54 PM
I just want to convey my thanks to Paul for his efforts towards this event,and to the others who did there part as well. It was a good time.As for the weather it was so so and the real men and women showed up. So you know next year the weather will be better,thats usually how it goes there. By the way Paul very creative on the shirts very very good job...

No prob! Smoke designed the back logo for the shirt.

I see the famous BBQ grill building contest pics. :D

FastMerc
06-07-2010, 03:57 PM
My bad didnt know great job smoke...