PDA

View Full Version : Carlisle weather.

DOOM
06-03-2010, 11:41 AM
Anybody have a weather report for Carlisle???

Hoping for some :sunshine: :D

SMOKE
06-03-2010, 12:16 PM
I just looked and the temps are up a few ticks from a few days ago (said upper 70's the other day....now looking like mid-upper 80's)....

Isolated T-Storms Fri/Sat (I think it changes to "scattered" which seems more certain) for Sunday. Pretty low % chance (I think it said something like 30%) on Fri/Sat....

I don't really see any difference from last year other than less of a chance to drive to PA in a Hurricane like I felt like I did on the Friday....

Water and shade look to be in order as usual!

Best,
Jonathan

jonroe
06-03-2010, 12:23 PM
From my employer...............

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Carlisle&state=PA&site=CTP&textField1=40.2009&textField2=-77.2042&e=1

DOOM
06-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Looks like I'm out guys.

ImpalaSlayer
06-03-2010, 02:22 PM
Looks like I'm out guys.

seriously? hope all is well

DOOM
06-03-2010, 02:31 PM
seriously? hope all is well

I'm fine bro. Thanks for asking.

It's not me it's this damn weather!!! :mad2:

I can't even pick up my marauder from the detailer today because of all the damn rain we are getting right now!!!

$40.00 (pre registration) down the drain! :shake:

LeoVampire
06-03-2010, 02:36 PM

I can't even pick up my marauder from the detailer today because of all the damn rain we are getting right now!!!

Doom she is not old enough to be a trailer Queen why don't you come anyways? I don't like the idea either now that I have a garage to use and all the work I put into her but this is a once in a year thing.

I have to admit I would like to meet you and see your car as well so I do have selfish reasons as well. :beer:

It is not going to be steady rain every day just a chance of thunder showers each day and that might not even happen with how fast the storms are moving.

Joe Walsh
06-03-2010, 03:08 PM
C'mon Jake!

I was trying to clean my engine compartment and the sky just opened up on me...:(
I don't know if I will even be able to wash it tonight...:dunno:
I know that I will get dumped on by at least one more T-storm by Sunday morning.
Everybody's Marauder will get messed up!
Maybe we can have a mudslide competition in the infield!

Ms. Denmark
06-03-2010, 03:33 PM
We'll be there rain or shine. Paul has put way too much effort into this years show and I wouldn't want to miss a chance to be part of the first year we have our own Marauder class.

Blackened300a
06-03-2010, 03:59 PM

Why not bring your new Vic out for the weekend? Im stuck having to bring my daily driver as well. Cmon Jake!! You know you wanna come!

jabird56
06-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Come on Jake, that's what the wax is for to keep the rain off of the finish....

DOOM
06-03-2010, 04:48 PM
Come on Jake, that's what the wax is for to keep the rain off of the finish....

You guys are NOT understanding what im saying.

Its NOT the carlisle rain im complaining about.

Its the rain were getting NOW!!!

My car is an hour and a half away from here!

We are having SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS RIGHT NOW!

I am NOT driving over an hour through SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS

Either you get it or you dont.

LeoVampire
06-03-2010, 04:51 PM
You guys are NOT understanding what im saying.

Its NOT the carlisle rain im complaining about.

Its the rain were getting NOW!!!

My car is an hour and a half away from here!

We are having SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS RIGHT NOW!

I am NOT driving over an hour through SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS

Either you get it or you dont.

It's cool Doom what about Saturday?

breeze
06-03-2010, 04:55 PM
its now raining now, and its ONLY A CAR.

DOOM
06-03-2010, 05:00 PM
its now raining now, and its ONLY A CAR.

YOUR car is only a car.

Not mine bro.

DOOM
06-03-2010, 05:02 PM
It's cool Doom what about Saturday?

Wont have enough time to go get my car AND make carlisle.

Plus im working a double tomorrow. (no more falling asleep behind the wheel for me)! :D

breeze
06-03-2010, 05:10 PM
YOUR car is only a car.

Not mine bro.

ANYBODY with money can do what u did to your car.

LeoVampire
06-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Wont have enough time to go get my car AND make carlisle.

Plus im working a double tomorrow. (no more falling asleep behind the wheel for me)! :D

Yes now that I can totaly understand and make's total sence to me! No falling asleep @ the wheel and being that tired is just unacceptable!

No worry's stay home and safe!

vtwoodsman
06-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Well, I hope to see as many Marauder cars and owners as possible this weekend. Mine isn't a "show" car, its primarily a weekend driver, just not in the winter. I'll clean it up best I can when I get to Carlisle.

Ms. Denmark
06-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Yes now that I can totaly understand and make's total sence to me! No falling asleep @ the wheel and being that tired is just unacceptable!

No worry's stay home and safe!+1 Safe and sane is much better than the alternative. Carlisle will be there again next year.

Loco1234
06-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Well one less person to compete for the top trophy's lol
Nah seriously hope everyone makes it...

I'm getting in car for the 3 hours drive down now... see everyone soon...

jonroe
06-04-2010, 05:44 PM
It is depressing to see the weather forecast continue to go downhill. It happens so often. Now the rain chance is 80% both Saturday and Sunday. If there weren't so many Marauders coming, I would just bag it. It's no fun sitting around in thunderstorms.

Just cleaned the car up tonight and will hit the road about 6:30 - be there about 8:30am.

I HATE rain for a car show!

Jon

justbob
06-04-2010, 06:15 PM
If any of you actually believe Jake then.......... I have personally seen that car get wet more than once in Kentucky. He probably will beat ALL of you there just like when he said he wasn't coming to KY because of rain!

PonyUP
06-04-2010, 06:20 PM
If any of you actually believe Jake then.......... I have personally seen that car get wet more than once in Kentucky. He probably will beat ALL of you there just like when he said he wasn't coming to KY because of rain!
+1 I've seen it with my own eyes. Rain cannot stop the might Doom. But work on the other hand, and a double, it's cool. I'll see you in Ky next year though bro, nothing can keep you from your canopy.

Loco1234
06-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Well I'm in a hotel in carisle right now and there's heat lightinging but not much rain atm...

Loco1234
06-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Nm.... Wow now its pooring down buckets in carisle.... fyi

ImpalaSlayer
06-04-2010, 08:07 PM
Wow now its pooring down buckets in carisle.... fyi
hmm no rain here

pacammer
06-05-2010, 06:05 AM
ya it down poured for about 20-30min then stopped completely... its really nice out now.... So everyone get here...

ImpalaSlayer
06-06-2010, 07:30 AM
shoulda rolled up saturday, it was pretty nice!

Bluerauder
06-06-2010, 03:32 PM
shoulda rolled up saturday, it was pretty nice!
Yep, Saturday was a very nice day for a car show and Sunday was fine too. The weather held off for us at Carlisle and didn't affect the activities except for a rather quick shut down on Friday around 3:00 PM.

Mr. Man
06-06-2010, 07:48 PM
The rain actually made Fri nite fun as a few of us gathered out under the canopy and shot the bull drinkin some beers.:beer: