PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Center Caps

Rat
11-25-2003, 02:49 PM
I've ran two or three Searches and can't find anything on how the wheel center caps come off. The manual says there should be a notch to pry them off but mine don't have a visible notch. Going to have the tires balanced tomorrow and it's not at a Ford dealer and I know that they won't know other than using a big hammer.

Bob

Marauderjack
11-25-2003, 03:20 PM
I think you just poke 'em out after you remove the wheel?? :confused:

My CV wheels had center inserts and that's what I did with them....;)

Good Luck and let us know how it goes!!:)

Marauderjack:cool:

MMdriver03
11-25-2003, 03:23 PM
I did not think you would of had to remove them to take rims off????????????????

Rat
11-25-2003, 03:44 PM
The Center Caps have to come off for them to mount on the balancer. No place in this part of the world has a strobe balancer where they can be balanced on the car which is the proper way to do it. We live so far back in the hills that the Hoot Owls make love to the chickens. I would have phrased that differently but I figured Logan was watching

johnjamis
11-25-2003, 07:08 PM
I know this one. They are held in by a ring that is pressed out towards the wheel hub by the center cap. You can push it out after the wheel is off or pry it out carefully with a screwdriver.

Rat
11-26-2003, 05:32 PM
Tire balance went off without a hitch the Center Caps just pop out with a Hammer Handle or the plastic end of a screwdrive. I had been told that a Snap Ring held them in and was difficult to remove. Must have been one of Ford's Elite that told me that. However upon inspection I found that the Front end is in need of alignment like so many others have. I took it to the Ford dealership to have it aligned and they were afraid to try it because I had told them that I wanted no Scratches. I called the dealership where I bought the car and they said if Hunter made an adapter that they would purchase it if that is what it took.

Thanks for the Comeback:

Bob