PDA

View Full Version : Time to Meet up again

SID210SA
06-15-2010, 07:55 PM
Well, its getting to be that time again....I am talking about our yearly Texas Panther meet....It has been held in Centerville, Tx the last three years....and hope to have another great turn out this year.

Although MV is in the time frame of when we usually have our meet, we have still had some good numbers all three years. I dont think we have had any less than 25 cars at our event.

I will get with Wes and we will hash this thing out....in the mean time you can put in your input as to what you would like to have...such as a bring your own lunch or we can BBQ at the park and so on....

Just putting up a feeler for those of you who maybe cant make it to MV this year or just want to head to two Marauder events.

Thanks,

Mike

Pat
06-15-2010, 09:55 PM
Mike/Wes

Last year, you may recall, we had a conflict with the hunting season and the park was closed. Whomever heads this up can coordinate with the park before selecting a date. I recommend October, cooler and doesn't conflict with previous scheduled activities.

Also, the event is too short IMO, in by 11 out by 3. Let's plan on 10-5.

Could we not have a cross country timed run? About an hour or less, for a prize; gas coupon, or cash donated by the attendee's. Two intermediate check points, pick up a flag and off you go on the local country roads. Start and finish at the park, two minute spacing. (input?)

Grill or BBQ from the local shop is OK with me. Folks can bring desert or sides.

I recommend October, a little cooler and hopefully no scheduling conflicts. Again meet on a Sunday.

I lost my graphic artist from years past but I'll look around for another to do a decal.
(folks can print their own from a digital image)

I'm assuming Centerville as the location but other sites can work as well, Lake Limestone comes to mind.

Oop's! I just noticed this is the Alamo Area Marauders Forum, not the North Texas Marauder Forum. So.......is this a closed event?

Regards,

SID210SA
06-17-2010, 08:54 PM
No Pat....but in the past some have complained about duplicate information in different threads....I can put it in the NTM thread as well....but it is open to anyone who wishes to attend as in years past....

Mike

-Matt-
06-17-2010, 10:30 PM
Just make sure its open this time around..... how about a track meet?

SID210SA
06-29-2010, 06:01 PM
Matt,

Unfortunately the fact that the park was closed was neither Wes' nor my fault. We called the park to make sure there was nothing else going on and went on the Texas Parks web site to reserve the pavillion....unfortunately the pavillion was already reserved, however there no one mentioned the park was closed for a hunt. We checked and double checked well before our scheduled event.

Mike

ludwigvan968
07-11-2010, 08:29 PM
I will most likely go. Hopefully my 400+rwhp MGM will be done by then :)

I am fine with October and the place and the BBQ situation. I have had fun every time I have gone and I like the short schedule, if it is planned to be longer I will still come, I just might leave early.

As for the track idea, maybe we should do San Antonio Raceway sometime on a test and tune night. I know once I get my car done I will be going there anyway.