PDA

View Full Version : So which dealer has a tech you trust

Mr Johnson
11-26-2003, 03:48 PM
Well I thought it was just bad gas the dealership put in when I bought it but I think I might have the dreaded ticking problem. Is there a dealership in the area (and specifically a tech there) that you would trust with your car?

Figured I'd check here before trying hit-or-miss tactics.

Mr Johnson
11-28-2003, 10:49 AM
No-one? :confused: :help:

I see there are some in Indiana that folks trust but I guess I'll try the dealer I bought it from first.

ADE 1000
12-20-2003, 08:36 AM
I'd really like to know the answer to this as well. :help:

Its unfortunate no one has responded. All the dealers in Chitown must suck.

Mr. Johnson, be weary of Westgate. They tried to charge me $57 for an oil change when I took it in. See my post for details:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6805

67435animal
12-20-2003, 09:41 AM
I'd suggest you contact SergntMac on the forum. He may be able to make some suggestions.

Based on my experience, the most capable techs are located in the SVT dealerships. And, these techs are sometimes more mod-tolerant and will work with you on warranty related items.

Bob

CRUZTAKER
12-20-2003, 10:32 AM
I found a highly professional speed shop in Avon, Ohio. Very,very, recommended by the likes of the owner of Dynotech in Eastlake, Ohio....and Jerry makes special visits there as well. :up:

2003_MM_FYRE49
12-20-2003, 10:52 AM
Hello all,

I take my car to Zimmerman Ford in St. Charles, IL. I have my buddy Clyde Whal (pronounced Wall) work on my car. He is very meticulous and cares about the work he does. He's been with Zimmerman for over 20 years that I know of.

Tim :fire: 49

chapel1
12-20-2003, 11:55 AM
I take my car to my dealership,but that doesn't mean I trust them!I just think that make's them responsable in case of a warrenty issue?My only other concerns are convience and timing.And making sure they know it's not a Grand Marquis?

Mr Johnson
12-21-2003, 12:19 PM
Sigh... I was going to give Westgate a crack at it too.:shake:

I guess I'll just have to see how others do. One "local" SVT authorized dealer I might try.