PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know a good place for a show board?

LeoVampire
06-23-2010, 12:15 PM
I am looking in the Connecticut area for a place to have a show board made for my Marauder.

I enjoy walking around seeing the other cars and taking pictures of them but I always seem to have a croud around her and people with a lot of questions and I find the more I talk about her the better chance I have @ winning in an event trophy wise.

But also ending up very horse when all is said and done so I think a show board is the best way to go as a compramise.

So does anyone in the area have an idea who I should talk to about doing this?

PonyUP
06-23-2010, 12:28 PM
Depends on how much money you want to spend, but you can design your own via PowerPoint and take it to any Fed/Ex Kinkos have it printed on foamcore and framed, and then you can pick up a stand or Easel at any Target. Foamcore will give it a nice glossy finish so if you wanted to use a photo as a backdrop with the lettering on top, that usually turns out nice.

Mr. Man
06-23-2010, 01:36 PM
Think you can do something similar^^^^^ at Staples.

Bluerauder
06-23-2010, 02:17 PM
Depends on how much money you want to spend, but you can design your own via PowerPoint and take it to any Fed/Ex Kinkos have it printed on foamcore and framed, and then you can pick up a stand or Easel at any Target. Foamcore will give it a nice glossy finish so if you wanted to use a photo as a backdrop with the lettering on top, that usually turns out nice.

That ^^^^ is exactly how I had mine done. As I recall, the cost is about $10 per square foot. So my 18" by 24" board was right around $30. I picked up 2 smaller boards as well so the total was only $60.

I have had pretty good success with mine .....

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/3/BluerauderDisplayBoard2May08.j pg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/13912)

jdando
06-23-2010, 02:18 PM
http://www.customshowboards.com/

Good stuff here.

MMBLUE
06-23-2010, 04:49 PM
If BC4E doesn't mind, I have a word one that I'll send ya. It's 11x17 and you can print it yourself. PM me if interested.

TooManyFords
06-23-2010, 07:05 PM
http://www.customshowboards.com/

Good stuff here.

Yes, they did the ProRauder board I had at Carlisle, Leo.

Highly recommended.

:banana:

Pat
06-23-2010, 07:12 PM
You can hire a graphic artist, supply any photo's you want, take the resulting CD to a print shop and they can print it out on most any size. Cost $400+

Or you an live next door to a graphic artist and mow her lawn a few times, cost $125.00 for a 3X4 foot board.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/21/medium/silverback2.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:;)

I'm just an exhibitionist.

Whatever you decide, make the script large, people don't want to squint. Make the colors bold enough so the script doesn't blend in with any background. Keep the script simple and convey your message. People could care less about cam timing degrees.
Have a central theme, in mine it's "Silverback the Marauder Gorilla".

Have fun.

LeoVampire
06-24-2010, 11:53 AM
I was thinking of starting with:

The 2004 Mercury Marauder
"The Mistress"
#9,024 out of 11,052 Produced

Mercury Was the Messenger of the god's and
known as the god of speed in Greek and Roman
Mythology and the god's head used by Mercury @ one time and brought back to life in our Marauder's once again.

In 1963 1/2 the Mercury Monterey/Marauder was born through the
Marauder performance package and was a 2 door using a fastback roofline, rather than the reverse-slant Breezeway roof that had been introduced in 1963. Available with the 390, 406 & 427 cubic-inch Thunderbird V8s.

{insert a print of the 427 engine picture}
21398 21403

But in 1964 & 1965 Parnelli Jones made the Mercury Marauder famous
with his #15 Marauder and wins on the early circuit tracks which
became the Nascar races we all know now.

{Right here I would insert a picture of the Parnelli Marauder Car}

1970 was the last year the Mercury Marauder was made and known as the X-100 Marauder which sported an optional 429 v8 and gave way to the Mercury Cougars and the Mercury Cyclone's.

{insert the related pictures}

21402 21404

In 2002 Mercury introduced the 2 door convertable supercharged Marauder @ the Auto shows for a concept car but decieded it was too expensive to produce for the general public.

{right here a picture of the convertable concept car}

So in 2003 The Marauder was introduced using the already Present Panther platform which includes the Crown Victoria, Grand Marquies and Lincoln Town Car.

This car was ment to be both an aniversary car as well as a full size performance car to compete with the SS Impalla that Chevrolet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Impala#1994.E2.80.93 1996)produced.

These cars were made during the years of 2003 - 2004.
In 2003 / 7,839 were made: They were available in Black 7,094, 328 Dark Blue Pearl & 417 Silver Birch.
In 2004 / 3,213 were made: The Blue Pearl was droped and 981 Dark Toreador Red's were introduced along with 987 Silver Birch and 1,245 in Black.

{insert a picture of the cars by the golden gate bridge in all the colors side by side}

Then list the tech info on the car as it was produced from the factory.

{@ the end the best couple of pictures I have of my Car or stock pictures like these}

21406 21405 21407

Anyways you get the general idea of what I had in mind for the show board.

LeoVampire
06-26-2010, 12:55 PM
I talked to a kinko's rep and they said a full color lamintated print on Gatorboard

24" x 36" is $100.69 plus tax
or
36" x 48" is $180.19 plus tax

They can go larger of course but those are pretty good sizes if you ask me.

this is the best outdoor long lasting material they have according to them.

they accept PDF / Photo Shop and Illistrator formats to work with without having to convert them.

I thought some of you might be interested in the info if your looking to get one done for yourself and your car.

TooManyFords
06-26-2010, 02:39 PM
Mercury Was the Messenger of the god's and
known as the god of speed in Greek and Roman

FYI the Greek equivalent to Mercury is Hermes.

LeoVampire
06-28-2010, 12:33 PM

Thanks I did see that in the write up I was looking @ but decieded to leave it out seeing it was not related to what I wanted in the show board.
I just might leave out the greek reference and stick with the roman.

SMOKE
06-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Check your Inbox....I think its straightened out...

Mercury and Hermes are associated and span Roman to Greek...both a
messenger while one a god of trade the other a guide; the patron of boundaries
and of the travelers who travel across them....

Our "god of speed" is more along the lines of Nike (a
goddess).....personifying strength/speed/victory.....and not Mercury or
Hermes....

Little lessons I suppose :D

Best,
Jonathan

sailsmen
06-28-2010, 03:00 PM
I made mine using word and then converted to a PDF. Put it on a jump drive and brought it to Kinko's to print to the size of a frame I picked out.

A stand cost more then the poster and frame. I hang it from the open hood, attached to the latch via a hook with the bottom resting on the radiator cover.

When not in use it hangs like a picture on my garage wall.

Bluerauder
06-28-2010, 04:01 PM
I made mine using word and then converted to a PDF. Put it on a jump drive and brought it to Kinko's to print to the size of a frame I picked out.

A stand cost more then the poster and frame. I hang it from the open hood, attached to the latch via a hook with the bottom resting on the radiator cover.

When not in use it hangs like a picture on my garage wall.

Sounds alot like my set up. :up: Mine rides in the trunk on top of the spare cover so I am always ready for a show if the mood strikes.

LeoVampire
06-28-2010, 05:45 PM

Use this as an image I used my Hood Linner for the image and just enhanced it then turned it into a negative.

21627 21628

And then add this little story about it.

Mercury, is inspired by the Greek and Roman deity who is known as the "great messenger of the gods". Mercury's swift flights inspired the brand to use his portrait as its trademark image. When Mercury brought the Marauder back to life in 2003-2004 they reintroduced this gods head again for a truly Iconic Vehicle and the last of it's kind.

LeoVampire
06-29-2010, 10:58 AM
Jonathan AKA Smoke sent me this today to see if I like it!

I plan to get the show board made by the end of the week I HOPE!

it looks better in PDF form but don't know how to make that work on here.

I plan to make a photo album to show all the work and talk about the changes and mod's I did
instead of listing them on the show board. I would rather tell the history of the car and give some
stock info about it and then let people see the photo's and explinations of the whys and hows
and end results.

CBT
06-29-2010, 11:05 AM
Jonathan AKA Smoke sent me this today to see if I like it!

I plan to get the show board made by the end of the week I HOPE!

it looks better in PDF form but don't know how to make that work on here.
That's badazz! How much to make me one!

LeoVampire
06-29-2010, 11:15 AM
That's badazz! How much to make me one!

I don't know the total cost of it all yet CBT but for a 3 foot by 2 foot outdoor board print @ kinko's that will cost me about $110.00

Then I want to frame it and have a uv glass in front plus a tripod stand for it.

So bit by bit little by little each part first the actual show board.

LeoVampire
06-30-2010, 10:19 AM
Here is a fairly cheap way to display your show boards on the ground.
This is a metal fully adjustable tripod that holds paintings, posters and more just like a tripod for a camera. Only $26.00 and comes in silver or black.

http://www.displays2go.com/product.wide2.asp?ID=10981

I saw one of these used @ the show Sunday for the 2 Rousch Mustangs show boards very sturdy to say the least.

21664 21665

I thought some of you might be interested in the find.

And on a finaly note this is what will be printed and set up for my new show board thanks again Smoke - Jonathan for all the time and work and helping to make what I wanted come to life.

If all goes well it should be ready for the weekend.

SMOKE
07-01-2010, 05:46 AM
Get it printed and enjoy!

Best,
J

LeoVampire
07-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Get it printed and enjoy!

Best,
J

I went and checked out the gator board @ Kinko's and gave them a go on making it.

It should be done on Tuesday if all goes well. I just don't have the cash yet for the tri pod holder for it as it is comming up with the $100.00 for this was not easy right now. They knocked a little off the price for me so that was cool. Instead of $108.00 it was $95.00 seeing it was the first show board they ever made for a customer.

LeoVampire
07-06-2010, 12:26 PM

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/croped_show_board.jpg (javascript:;)

SMOKE
07-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Wowwww...pretty awesome man! Looks nice and sharp (thank God!)...

Best,
J

Bluerauder
07-06-2010, 04:31 PM
Not sure why you elected to put the MM Convertible Concept car on the poster board. :dunno: Be prepared for lots of questions on that. Never made it to production. Not a real convertible (just a chopped top) simulator and carried an experimental/concept VIN that can't be registered.

LeoVampire
07-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Not sure why you elected to put the MM Convertible Concept car on the poster board. :dunno: Be prepared for lots of questions on that. Never made it to production. Not a real convertible (just a chopped top) simulator and carried an experimental/concept VIN that can't be registered.

The whole board @ the top is a little history of the Marauder from 1963 1/2 to the 2001 convertable.

In the part where it shows the Convertable it says.

Mercury Introduced the supercharged Marauder concept at various auto shows and in 2002 at the Chicago auto show included a convertable 2 door (but was lator decided it was too expensive to produce for the general public.)

So those questions and answers are taken care of.

Then it leads into our cars for 2003 - 2004

I wanted a history on the board because so many I talk to do not remeber the god's head that Mercury used nor the Marauder in the first place. So I thought the haritage behind our cars was a good idea for something differnt seeing it is the last of it's kind as far as Mercury Muscle goes.

Bluerauder
07-06-2010, 05:21 PM
The whole board @ the top is a little history of the Marauder from 1963 1/2 to the 2001 convertible.

Didn't see that. :o The print was a little too small on the JPG pop-up.

LeoVampire
07-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Didn't see that. :o The print was a little too small on the JPG pop-up.

No problem I should take some close up pics of the show board so people can each part of it easily.

CBT
07-08-2010, 08:11 AM
No problem I should take some close up pics of the show board so people can each part of it easily.

That looks great, love the write ups on it :beer:

LeoVampire
07-08-2010, 12:26 PM
That looks great, love the write ups on it :beer:

Thanks CBT

I really needed a board that explained more about the Marauder because so few now a days know or remeber it in the first place.

And I needed a Mercury highlight because most do not recognize the God's head symbol either.

If they want to know about my car and all the work I have done all they have to do is look through the photo album and it shows and explains almost every thing I have done to her and an explination on why I went with the gold and silver engine work as well. Which is a trace back to the original T-Bird / Marauder engine without the chrome package came with gold valve covers and air cleaner.

Embassy
07-14-2010, 04:33 PM

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/croped_show_board.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:;)

Looks very professional.

LeoVampire
07-15-2010, 10:08 AM
Thanks Embassy for being cool about the croped photo of your car in motion on the show board! :beer:

LeoVampire
07-16-2010, 11:16 AM
BTW this is what the tripod metal stand looks like and the frame I put the show board inside of incase you wonderd if it was a good idea to get one or not here is how it looks and works and I can make it sit high or as low as you see in the pictures.

$25.00 for the tripod and $20.00 for the poster frame. $94.00 @ kinko's for the show board.

Embassy
07-20-2010, 05:47 PM
You're welcome.

Coming from experience, be sure to anchor or weigh down that tripod for outdoor shows.

bobsawyer7
07-20-2010, 06:14 PM
Board looks great in person. I know, I was there.:burnout:

LeoVampire
07-21-2010, 11:38 AM
You're welcome.

Coming from experience, be sure to anchor or weigh down that tripod for outdoor shows.

Yep I found that out Sunday a good breeze knocked it over so I have to make some kind of light sand bag for it to keep it in place on the center suport for the legs.

Thanks for the heads up though!

LeoVampire
07-21-2010, 11:39 AM
Board looks great in person. I know, I was there.:burnout:

BTW Bob I posted the pictures of our cars @ the show on the Cougar thread for New England check it out.

SMOKE
07-21-2010, 04:11 PM
Glad to hear the board made it through its maiden voyage. And kudos to Embassy for an AWESOME photo - I had no idea it was from one of our own!!!!!!!!!!!

Best,
Jonathan

Embassy
07-26-2010, 09:47 AM
Yep I found that out Sunday a good breeze knocked it over so I have to make some kind of light sand bag for it to keep it in place on the center suport for the legs.

Thanks for the heads up though!

I bought a 45lb weight at Wallyword and used rope to tie the weight to the three stanchion supports.

Embassy
07-26-2010, 09:47 AM
Glad to hear the board made it through its maiden voyage. And kudos to Embassy for an AWESOME photo - I had no idea it was from one of our own!!!!!!!!!!!

Best,
Jonathan

Thanks. :beer: