PDA

View Full Version : Different Rear Tire Tread

sailsmen
11-27-2003, 07:25 AM
For every day driving I would be concerned about haveing different tire tread on the rear vs the front. The traction properties will be different resulting in handling problems.

In the muscle car days of yore it was common, but we knew those cars were for only going in a straight line and drove very slow in the rain.

I would assume those that are running a different rear tread pattern are doing so for the 1/4 track only.

My question is does anyone have experience driving a modern car everyday with different tread pattern on the rear and if so how has it changed the wet/dry handling?

When it rains are you driving at funeral procession speeds?

joflewbyu2
11-27-2003, 08:38 AM
Check with 2003marauder. He said his 03 marauder came with BfGoodrich's ultra high performance G-Force KDW (dry & wet) tires than the stock all season KDWS (dry, wet & snow). Those kdw tires are a lot stickier than the all season kdws tires and still give great wet handling too. These would give you traction properties you are looking and you can get the matching front set too.

john egan
06-22-2012, 06:46 PM
I was told by a expert that having a differant tread on the rear than the front makes no differance.

SC Cheesehead
06-22-2012, 07:43 PM
I was told by a expert that having a differant tread on the rear than the front makes no differance.

Ummm, did you notice the original post date of this thread? :rolleyes:

FWIW, your expert is correct...