PDA

View Full Version : Kook's Stainless Header Kit!!! Limited time offer!

Logan
11-28-2003, 09:23 AM
Just in time for the holidays!

Can't think of what to buy yourself for Christmas? Here's the answer!

Kook's has upgraded their Header kit to T304 Stainless Steel! If you purchase their entire bolt-in kit, including cats, X pipe, and 18" Magnaflows, The ENTIRE setup can be had for $1,399.80!!

After December 15th, Pricing for the entire kit will be $1629.

So save your self a few hundred clams and give the folks at Kook's a call, you'll be glad you did!!

nitrovic
11-28-2003, 10:22 AM
Ive written emails and posted about the crown vic applicatoins and have not gotten a response. A lot of us are interested in different kits, longtube, shorties, x pipes etc. Does your marauder kits fit the vic? Thanks.

SergntMac
11-28-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by nitrovic
Does your marauder kits fit the vic? Thanks.

Ummm...If your Vic has a 4V DOHC engine.

Kelly
11-28-2003, 03:57 PM
Now my list is done!
Thanks Logan :P

MAD-3R
11-28-2003, 04:35 PM
Hmm morgage or headers....

Zack
11-28-2003, 04:48 PM
Are the headers alone discounted??
I would be interested if so.

Logan
11-28-2003, 05:09 PM
Yes, absolutely. If you want specific components, they'll certainly do that. Give Nick a call...

nitrovic
11-28-2003, 05:37 PM
(Ummm...If your Vic has a 4V DOHC engine.)

I realize that, i just heard that Kooks is fabricating a 2valve flange that would be a bolt on. In theory it makes sense, who knows. The only long tube for the vic is about $1,000 for the headers alone, not good.:mad2:

Logan
11-28-2003, 05:51 PM
Call Nick at Kook's, I know he's looking for a guinea pig. :D

beemer
11-28-2003, 07:45 PM
Kook's has upgraded their Header kit to T304 Stainless Steel! If you purchase their entire bolt-in kit, including cats, X pipe, and 18" Magnaflows, The ENTIRE setup can be had for $1,399.80!!

Is this the MM.net member discounted price? I'm about ready to bite on this, wouldn't mind if there was a little more off for members!

Best,

Paul:D

greyghost
12-04-2003, 04:31 PM
I ordered my complete kit today. I want to thank Logan for talking to me and making the recomendation. George Sr. was all alone taking orders because the rest of the shop hauled ass to some show and wouldn't be back till Monday. I wanted to save a few bucks so I can get the Tranny done next month. Will have to baby it till then

mungce
05-05-2004, 12:07 PM
Just spoke with George at Kook's Headers, and he tells me that the price for the " full kit " will be $1399 + shipping, after your MMnet discount. I was also surprised to learn that cermac coating, in his opinion, isn't as good as the stainless steel. The coating chips and flakes off! Sure glad he was being honest with me, as I was going to order the coated pipes, as to cut back on under hood heat.
Downside: it will take about 2 - 3 weeks to get them to Texas.........well worth the wait, considering what your buying. Complete from engine to tail pipes, and now there isn't any welding to do as in the first few they made.

Jim Williams
Ft.Worth, Tx

Logan
05-05-2004, 12:42 PM
That is such a load of baloney. Ceramic coatings do not flake off. I've had so many pairs of ceramic coated headers it ain't funny. The one common point to all? They all look as great a year later as they did when new. Uncoated headers don't. Plain and simple.

Come to the show this weekend. Dan has Kook's uncoated headers on his car, I have coated headers on mine. You can make up your own mind as to what looks and works better. :)

merc
05-05-2004, 01:20 PM
That is such a load of baloney. Ceramic coatings do not flake off. I've had so many pairs of ceramic coated headers it ain't funny. The one common point to all? They all look as great a year later as they did when new. Uncoated headers don't. Plain and simple.

Come to the show this weekend. Dan has Kook's uncoated headers on his car, I have coated headers on mine. You can make up your own mind as to what looks and works better. :)

Post a picture in your garage so the world could see. I found the install pics in the gallary, but sure would like to see what rain and snow has done to uncoated headers.
:rasta:

Logan
05-05-2004, 01:51 PM
Mine are coated. They still look brand new. Stainless Headers that do not get coated turn brown/petina almost immediately once exposed to the heat...Dan or I will take a picture of his uncoated headers...

mungce
05-05-2004, 02:49 PM
As I said, I spoke with George, who works there. I was wanted to get coated pipes, but he talked me out of it. Chipping from under hood wrenching, was the main problem as explained to me. From what I could gather on the phone, Kook's dosn't do the coating and subs it out. Since it costs them and the buyer more for coating, why would he recommend stainless ? I will phone him tomorrow and get an answer, and post it to the net.

Jim Williams
Ft.Worth, Tx

Jim Williams
Ft.Worth

Logan
05-05-2004, 02:53 PM
Jim, I know who George is. Chipping from under hood wrenching? I've never chipped ceramic coating off a header in many years. You're right, they sub it out. Why they're making them in stainless is because stainless is alot less prone to breaking down under the harsh condition's headers operate under, as opposed to mild steel.

Regardless, if only for aethetics alone, coating them is worth the money. If you don't show and could care less how your engine bay looks, then by all means, don't coat them.

teamrope
05-05-2004, 03:06 PM
Even if they do get sctatched on the install, they will still look better after a few years than without. I know, I scratched my Right side header in the Chevelle durring the install. They havn't started flaking yet after 4 years. :rock: