PDA

View Full Version : ... yet another chip question...

Petrograde
11-29-2003, 07:09 AM
Thanks to Dennis' sale I've pretty much decided it's time for a chip. Here's my question. Do I have to get the chip re-flashed if I later decide to get underdrive pulleys, headers and exhaust, etc.

Thanks!

Tom

SergntMac
11-29-2003, 07:46 AM
Not for those three mods, Tom, but once you do add them, a dyno tune from Jerry will get you dialed in very nicely.

RF Overlord
11-29-2003, 07:50 AM
Petro:

The chip doesn't need to be re-flashed when you add U/D pulleys. I'm not sure about the headers and exhaust, but they might change your A/F ratio by virtue of the improved scavenging, so "maybe"...

As far as your "etc" goes, well, that would depend: if "etc" means a blower, yes...if it means gears, yes...if it means transmission mods, no...

what Sarge said ^^^ about the dyno-tune

TAF
11-29-2003, 07:52 AM
What these two said^^^

but...if you can find the scratch...spend the $170 on the pullies!!!

No downside and a documented, pure 10-12 RWHP gain from them.

RF Overlord
11-29-2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by TAF
spend the $170 on the pullies!!!

Agreed, but you must have missed the post about Dennis's sale; U/D pulleys are $160 through Dec 31... ;)

They would make an excellent stocking-stuffer...drop a few hints to your wife or girlfriend (or both)...

Petrograde
11-29-2003, 09:04 AM
thanks guys! I'm giving the chip and U/D pulleys some serious thought. Also,.. I'm thinking about a whole exhaust swap come spring.

as far as dropping hints RF: I said this to my wife,... " see that? that's what I want!" :lol:

Where can I get a dyno tune in Texas?

Thanks again!

Tom