PDA

View Full Version : Marauderville maintenance

DOOM
07-14-2010, 03:42 PM
Fastblackmerc & SC Cheesehead would you guys consider working on members cars at MV-8?

Fastblack you can do lcm repairs for $25.00 a car! Think about it. For every 4 cars you do thats $100.00 bucks in your pocket (tax free) :D

Cheesehead you can do the wacky wiper fix.

I would be first in line to have both of you guys do these mods on my car. :2thumbs:

Easy money. :cool:

DOOM
07-14-2010, 04:02 PM
Theres nothing wrong with my lcm or wipers but i would like to do both of these mods before anything happens.

Cant think of a better opportunity. :beer:

fastblackmerc
07-14-2010, 07:02 PM
I can do the LCM & EATC fixes.

Already been thinking bout it.

DOOM
07-14-2010, 07:05 PM
Great news!
I want as much done as possible. :2thumbs:

Put me FIRST on the list!

LANDY
07-14-2010, 07:27 PM
excuse me here but what does LCM EATC means?

RF Overlord
07-14-2010, 11:16 PM
LCM = Lighting Control Module
EATC = Electronic Automatic Temperature Control

These modules have known failure points. With the LCM, it's the headlight relay. With the EATC, it's the vacuum solenoid o-rings.

Since I've done both repairs, I'd be happy to assist fastblackmerc and SC Cheesehead (Rex doesn't fit under the dashboard... :eek: )

CBT
07-15-2010, 03:44 AM
Great news!
I want as much done as possible. :2thumbs:

Put me FIRST on the list!

That's what she said! :beer:

SC Cheesehead
07-15-2010, 06:25 PM
LCM = Lighting Control Module
EATC = Electronic Automatic Temperature Control

These modules have known failure points. With the LCM, it's the headlight relay. With the EATC, it's the vacuum solenoid o-rings.

Since I've done both repairs, I'd be happy to assist fastblackmerc and SC Cheesehead (Rex doesn't fit under the dashboard... :eek: )

Heck, I barely fit under the durn hood...;)

SC Cheesehead
07-15-2010, 06:27 PM
Doomie, does your car sit outside much? If not, may not need the wacky wiper fix, although we could prolly clean out build up under the rubber flap.

Mr. Man
07-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Clean out the crap from the rubber flappy thingy. We'd be up for that mod:banana:

CBT
07-16-2010, 05:26 AM
I'd pay someone to change the burnt out bulbs in my dash. Not that I particularly care how fast I'm going, but I do wonder when I'm near empty at night.

fastblackmerc
07-16-2010, 05:55 AM
I'd pay someone to change the burnt out bulbs in my dash. Not that I particularly care how fast I'm going, but I do wonder when I'm near empty at night.

I can help you with that.

Marauderman
07-16-2010, 06:20 AM
Doomie, does your car sit outside much? If not, may not need the wacky wiper fix, although we could prolly clean out build up under the rubber flap.

Humm..excuse me.....but Cheese.....wasn't it you that said one of our members always sits under a canopy at hotels............well, MVVIII may pose a problem..........ya think...:lol:

Marauderman
07-16-2010, 06:22 AM
I can do the LCM & EATC fixes.

Already been thinking bout it.

........like maybe in alph bet order.......putting me.....................oh yeah..........1st.:lol:.that would be cool!!!!!!!!!

fastblackmerc
07-16-2010, 06:30 AM
........like maybe in alph bet order.......putting me.....................oh yeah..........1st.:lol:.that would be cool!!!!!!!!!

I'll do yours next time I'm down there... might be there for the entire last week of this month..... will let you know.

Marauderman
08-05-2010, 07:29 AM
Announcement for MVVIII-- for all who register thru our main page--

for those not keeping up to date on those new items we were announcing earlier--we are now adding this announcement to draw attention to MVVIII and to hopefully have you as one of the receipants----

actually--if you come , with a car and register on the web page --you will get one of these

one 10 #ABC fire extinguisher to take back home.--free---yes free--just for enjoying ----us --all---thank you very much

so get those registrants in now--you want one don't you--

See all at MVIII

Motorhead350
08-10-2010, 04:45 PM
If anyone needs their O-Rings done I will do them free of charge of course. Just supply the rings. I have the tools. ;)

MMBLUE
08-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Okay, so whats up with the wacky wiper thingy. I'm stumped?:dunno:

fastblackmerc
08-10-2010, 05:40 PM
If anyone needs their O-Rings done I will do them free of charge of course. Just supply the rings. I have the tools. ;)

I'll have the tools and the o-rings and I'll also be doing the LCM repair if needed.

Mr. Man
08-10-2010, 06:41 PM
I'll have the tools and the o-rings and I'll also be doing the LCM repair if needed.
Do you recommend the fix even if it ain't broke? If you look at the LCM can you discern if its a good one or one that is prone to fail? Might have you look at ours and see what you think. So far its working fine.:)

Brian H
08-10-2010, 06:50 PM
Can i get someone to flash my Cats? my "check eng." lite is still glowing britely

Motorhead350
08-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Okay, so whats up with the wacky wiper thingy. I'm stumped?:dunno:

You might need to replace the motor. I can do that for you.

Do you recommend the fix even if it ain't broke? If you look at the LCM can you discern if its a good one or one that is prone to fail? Might have you look at ours and see what you think. So far its working fine.:)

I would leave it alone until it breaks, but age is age and it'll probably have to be done soon. I will do it if you wish.

Can i get someone to flash my Cats? my "check eng." lite is still glowing britely

Disconnect your battery for at least 30 min and the light will go away. If it comes back on your have a bigger issue than I can handle at MV.

SC Cheesehead
08-10-2010, 07:25 PM

If the LCM is from a SB, prolly beyond repair...

;)

For what FBM charges for the HD relay upgrade, it's well worth it just for future peace of mind as at some point in time, the OEM relay WILL fail.

fastblackmerc
08-10-2010, 08:04 PM

I'd do the repair even if it's not broken. It will break, just a matter of time. You don't want to get stuck on the Jersey Turnpike without headlights......

fastblackmerc
08-10-2010, 08:09 PM

;)

For what FBM charges for the HD relay upgrade, it's well worth it just for future peace of mind as at some point in time, the OEM relay WILL fail.

Since there is no shipping involved the repair will be less expensive.

fastblackmerc
08-10-2010, 08:10 PM
Any one else looking to get any kind of work done?

We have:

LCM

EATC

Wipers

Instrument cluster lights

1stMerc
08-10-2010, 08:30 PM
You can add me to the list for the EATC.

Mr. Man
08-10-2010, 09:58 PM

;)

Hey there Bubba, seems to me someone would still be hoofin it in Muncie if it wasn't for some nice Silver Birch people who gave him a ride.:P:D

Mr. Man
08-10-2010, 10:01 PM
I'd do the repair even if it's not broken. It will break, just a matter of time. You don't want to get stuck on the Jersey Turnpike without headlights......
Haven't been on the Turnpike in years but I get your drift. Pencil us in for a fix.

Motorhead350
08-11-2010, 01:45 AM
I just realized the maintenance was supposed to be $25 a car to fastblackmerc. If that is the case I will step down so I do not cause him to lose any income, unless he doesn't mind me working on peoples cars. Maybe I'll step in if there are more cars that need service than he can handle for the event... or I'll just pretend I didn't read the first post and do whatever to whoever needs it.

Just let me know guys. If I make it, I'll do whatever for whoever. Money isn't important, but if you insist I will take or take a meal. :)

rayjay
08-11-2010, 02:39 AM
Hmm, my EATC is now acting up. May take you up on this offer. Thanks :up:

Bigdogjim
08-11-2010, 03:34 AM
WOW! This is great! Thank gang for the offers I sure I be some "upgrades" while I am in town:)

:up: :up:

Marauderman
08-11-2010, 04:16 AM
:bump::bump::bump:

Just want to remind those who didn't hear about this yet---

Announcement for MVVIII-- for all who register thru our main page--

for those not keeping up to date on those new items we were announcing earlier--we are now adding this announcement to draw attention to MVVIII and to hopefully have you as one of the receipants----

actually--if you come , with a car and register on the web page --you will get one of these

one 10 #ABC fire extinguisher to take back home.--free---yes free--just for enjoying ----us --all---thank you very much

so get those registrants in now--you want one don't you--

See all at MVIII

SC Cheesehead
08-11-2010, 05:22 AM
WOW! This is great! Thank gang for the offers I sure I be some "upgrades" while I am in town:)

:up: :up:

Now if we could just set up somebody to do blower installations....;)

Motorhead350
08-11-2010, 06:20 AM

Ask and he shall come.

fastblackmerc
08-11-2010, 06:47 AM
Hmm, my EATC is now acting up. May take you up on this offer. Thanks :up:

Be glad to help you out.

fastblackmerc
08-11-2010, 06:48 AM

Will need a shop to do those.

Motorhead350
08-11-2010, 06:55 AM
Fastblackmerc, should I help out or step aside? You were the one called out in the first place, so I am leaving this up to you.

fastblackmerc
08-11-2010, 07:04 AM
Fastblackmerc, should I help out or step aside? You were the one called out in the first place, so I am leaving this up to you.

I thought your appearance was not a sure thing??

Motorhead350
08-11-2010, 12:25 PM
I thought your appearance was not a sure thing??

It isn't. Today just made things more confusing. :shake:

As of now things are looking better. I will gladly tell all if I get there.

ctrlraven
08-11-2010, 12:35 PM
DOOM if you don't get your cowl cleaned out I can take care of that for you. I've had mine off so many times trying to fix the wacky wiper issue and I cleaned mine out every 6 months. Though since your car doesn't stay parked outside it shouldn't have any debris in the cowl and since the car never sees rain you should just remove your wipers. lol

Mr. Man
08-11-2010, 02:40 PM
DOOM if you don't get your cowl cleaned out I can take care of that for you. I've had mine off so many times trying to fix the wacky wiper issue and I cleaned mine out every 6 months. Though since your car doesn't stay parked outside it shouldn't have any debris in the cowl and since the car never sees rain you should just remove your wipers. lol
Ours sits outside all the time so if Doomie is good to go we'll take you up on a clean-out. Wouldn't hurt me to watch either so as to learn what's involved.:)

ctrlraven
08-12-2010, 05:50 AM
Ours sits outside all the time so if Doomie is good to go we'll take you up on a clean-out. Wouldn't hurt me to watch either so as to learn what's involved.:)
I won't be at Marauderville though, DOOM is like 25 mins away from me. That's why I threw out the offer. lol

Daily 03
08-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Jim,

I would like to get on the list for the LCM and EATC fix. Mine are working fine at present but sure would like the insurance against failure in the future.

Dale

fastblackmerc
08-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Jim,

I would like to get on the list for the LCM and EATC fix. Mine are working fine at present but sure would like the insurance against failure in the future.

Dale

I'm not keeping a list but I'll be bring tools and parts. See you there.

Mr. Man
08-13-2010, 08:03 PM
I won't be at Marauderville though, DOOM is like 25 mins away from me. That's why I threw out the offer. lol
We'll catch you at a CAM meet then.:)

Motorhead350
08-14-2010, 01:01 AM
Looks like I can make it...... for now. :shake:

I know things keep changing for me like the weather right now.

Sorry. :o

Marauderman
08-17-2010, 11:38 AM
Only 7 more days to register and get the big discount YOU are getting--so hurry up for those on the fence--

register here now and at the hotel-- get on board!!!