PDA

View Full Version : Denton Dragway

cruzer
11-30-2003, 09:38 PM
Well , I checked out the Denton Dragway on Fri afternoon--I got there at 2 PM and found out they didn't race til 6PM--came back at 6PM and found out racing was cancelled for high winds. Got to talk to track personnel---the owner OWNS A 2003 MARAUDER !!!!!!They have a well maintained concrete pad and a 1/8 mile NHRA sanctioned blacktop strip.all lighting standard NHRA with digital display boards and time sheets. They will be racing all winter. Track personnel were very friendly and invited us to "come on up". If we get enough Marauders active, we could probably have our own division. The web site is www.dentondragway.com powered by vBulletin like ours---check it out. I posted in the "Blue Oval "forum. Let me know what you think. Maury

BUCKWHEAT
12-07-2003, 07:17 PM
Well, I went up to Denton Dragway a week ago Friday night about 10:30pm with my son & two grandkids. Arrgh, the track in Denton was closed, but the grandkids just had to have breakfast at the Waffle House in Roanoak. Now that I know the track has a website, I won't have to rely on the prerecorded message that said the track was open. I like to go up on Friday nights for their Midnight Madness running till 2am, but haven't ever had another Marauder show up. Anyone want to go sometime? Are they really going to be open all year?

cruzer
12-07-2003, 09:32 PM
Buckwheat, sorry I haven't done any follow up, but I got the flu !!!! Took the shot but still got it --recent meds have weakened my immune system--feeling better every day. The web site shows a Dec --Jan schedule--so we'll have to wait and see. Check the new thread on Hallsville 1/4 mile track here and in the Marauder Community forum--trying to put together a group for Dec 20th---Everyone interested , please check in. Maury

BUCKWHEAT
12-08-2003, 07:01 PM
Maury, thanks for all the info and sorry to hear you are under the weather. I skipped the flu shot just because it doesn't seem effective for the flu this season. I won't make the 12/20 drags-out of town. But count on me for January!!! Hope you're better. PS: The Mrs & I may be taking flying lessons.

cruzer
12-08-2003, 09:55 PM
BUCKWHEAT, thanks ---I foundout I had the flu strain that wasn't covered by the shot (just my luck)--recovery is slow but sure---looks like we are getting a quorum for the 20th--pray for good ,clear 40's. We'll keep you posted....hope you and the Mrs. enjoy flying as much as I have. Give me a call and we will talk flying. Merry Christmas, Maury