PDA

View Full Version : Small world stories

Marauder_Santa
07-29-2010, 06:39 AM
I was reading a thread earlier that mentioned something about a small world and made me think of starting this one.

Post your small world stories. Here is one of mine.

A few years ago I was selling something on eBay and had it listed as "Make an Offer". The offers that come in will show the username and zip code of the person making the offer.

I noticed that this one offer came from zip code 11702 - Babylon LI NY. This is where I was born - raised - and conceived (not necessarily in that order). I lived in this house for 18 years before leaving in 1976 to join the USAF. My Mother sold the house in 1984 and moved to Fla (Southern NY).

I responded to this offer on eBay that I was originally from Babylon and grew up at 40 Sumpwams Ave.

The response I received - I'm living in your old house.

I have since become good friends with the people in the house and we correspond regularly and I visit them whenever I'm on LI.

What's your story?

CBT
07-29-2010, 06:44 AM
I was golfing with a buddy and we were closing in on two gals playing ahead. I said "JT, go ask if we can play through." He says okay, gets about half way to them, turns around and says "Case your not going to believe this but I'm pretty damn sure that's my wife AND my booty call up there! You go ask, I'll hide in the rough." I said okay, walk about half way there, then turn around and jog back to JT. I looked at him and said: "Small world."

Bluerauder
07-29-2010, 06:49 AM
:laugh: :laugh:

I looked at him and said: "Small world."

There goes my keyboard. :rofl:

CBT
07-29-2010, 06:50 AM
:laugh: :laugh:

There goes my keyboard. :rofl:

Hey, the man asked! :D

Egon Spengler
07-29-2010, 07:00 AM
Hey, the man asked! :D
His wife and jump off were golfing together???

CBT
07-29-2010, 07:12 AM

BOTH of ours.

dakslim
07-29-2010, 07:14 AM

Nothing gets by you!:stupid: WTF!:P

Egon Spengler
07-29-2010, 07:15 AM
BOTH of ours.
I am confused... your wife is your buddy's jump off?

Cheeseheadbob
07-29-2010, 07:17 AM
That must have been some pretty tall muff... uh, I mean rough!:D
"I'll hide in the rough."

CBT
07-29-2010, 07:17 AM

And vice versa. Ka-pow?

Bluerauder
07-29-2010, 07:37 AM

And vice versa. Ka-pow?

Don't cha just hate it when you HAVE to EXPLAIN the punchline to some folks? :rolleyes:

Egon Spengler
07-29-2010, 07:40 AM
Got it... thanks... bye...