PDA

View Full Version : Beware valet parkers!

MERCMAN
07-29-2010, 04:42 PM
http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/1484/confessions-of-a-parking-valet/

fastblackmerc
07-29-2010, 05:12 PM
Drove my MM to downtown Charlotte on a business trip. Stayed at the Holiday Inn, valet asked me if I wanted him to park the MM. I looked at him and said "What do you thinK" He said "No??" I said "Your right".

babbage
07-29-2010, 06:54 PM
^^ ^^ Nice!

justbob
07-29-2010, 07:14 PM
I've had mine parked several times over the years, I try to not think about it.

My boss had a one month old fully loaded ranger and came back to a mangled mess because it was involved in a head on colision with another valet tenant on a corner in the parking garage. That was a bad day at work for us as he wasn't too happy at that point.

Pat
07-30-2010, 12:55 AM
My daughter had her beautiful Trans-Am stolen by valet's in New Orleans a few years back. Both her and my son-in-law are police Officers. Car wasn't gone but a couple of hours when they reported it stolen. Fortunately my daughter called for the car to retrieve something she forgot an hour or so after the valet's "parked" it. The drama then unfolded. The N.O. police got right on it and the car was found parked by itself in an industrial part of the city on the street. No damage. This hotel dismissed the valet crew and police arrested them for running a car theft enterprise. The valet lot was off site and no security. Just like parking in a vacant lot. Hotel guests just don't know.

I've visited N.O. since and made sure valet parking is on site, because in downtown N.O. valet parking is all you have, unless you want to walk a long distance.

Marauderman
07-30-2010, 04:03 AM
Drove my MM to downtown Charlotte on a business trip. Stayed at the Holiday Inn, valet asked me if I wanted him to park the MM. I looked at him and said "What do you thinK" He said "No??" I said "Your right".

My sentiments exactly........ain't gonna happen!!

RoyLPita
07-30-2010, 04:25 AM
The late Richard Jeni stated this:
"Valet is a french word meaning 'Drunken teenager'."

CBT
07-30-2010, 04:49 AM
"Valet is a french word meaning 'Drunken teenager'."
Holy crap, I was a valet from 1983 to 1989 and didn't even realize it. :beer:

Haggis
07-30-2010, 05:22 AM