PDA

View Full Version : My neighbor SHOT MY CAT!!!

Da Dark Jedi
08-04-2010, 06:07 AM
Well lt finally happen, after being THREATEN by him about my cat in his front yard, HE DID IT. At 4am this morning I let Ninja (a Black female) out for some air. I watch as she ran across the street to play with another neighbors male cat, so before I closed the door I see Charles Cooper come out to his front porch under cover of darkness and fire a weapon of sorts in her direction. His front yard is not fenced in so it's open to all. Cooper lives across the street.

It's no secret that my pet (4 cats) are let out between 2-5am for fresh air. In Chicago with the violence I would never expect a Insurance broker who in his late fifties to act in such a manner. Chicago Police informed me that " Since I only saw his shadow and did not see him point the weapon and the cat go down their hands is tied. The LEO looked at the area and saw what I saw but could not arrest him. Heck I watched the guy come out and go back in!

I will have to take Cooper to civil court over this and sue for damage to property but I was warned that he'll lie about the whole incident even tho I SAW HIM. Show now I decided when I see talking to other people I will tell them that he SHOT & KILLED my pet. That is the only thing I can think of right now that's within the law. I sure want to kick his arse, but that's a assult charge. Me and the wife (Sabrina) seen the man hire drug addicts and set FIRE up and down the alleys with gas. The guy watches me and the wife come and go. His living room, bedroom and bath overlooks my place.

Any Legal guys please advise. Please admins don't delete. Thanks

CBT
08-04-2010, 06:19 AM
You should have called the police and said someone firing a gun ran into that house. I think the response would have a little different.

babbage
08-04-2010, 06:21 AM
IR Camera with zoom, remote display. Get another cat or two from rescue mission. Bait him. Tape him.

Egon Spengler
08-04-2010, 06:22 AM
You should have called the police and said someone firing a gun ran into that house. I think the response would have a little different.
+1... I like that! That would have worked!

Any idea what the object was that gave the final blow?

Sorry for your loss. I have 3 cats myself and would definitely have words with my neighbor...

fastblackmerc
08-04-2010, 06:39 AM
Well lt finally happen, after being THREATEN by him about my cat in his front yard, HE DID IT. At 4am this morning I let Ninja (a Black female) out for some air. I watch as she ran across the street to play with another neighbors male cat, so before I closed the door I see Charles Cooper come out to his front porch under cover of darkness and fire a weapon of sorts in her direction. His front yard is not fenced in so it's open to all. Cooper lives across the street.

It's no secret that my pet (4 cats) are let out between 2-5am for fresh air. In Chicago with the violence I would never expect a Insurance broker who in his late fifties to act in such a manner. Chicago Police informed me that " Since I only saw his shadow and did not see him point the weapon and the cat go down their hands is tied. The LEO looked at the area and saw what I saw but could not arrest him. Heck I watched the guy come out and go back in!

I will have to take Cooper to civil court over this and sue for damage to property but I was warned that he'll lie about the whole incident even tho I SAW HIM. Show now I decided when I see talking to other people I will tell them that he SHOT & KILLED my pet. That is the only thing I can think of right now that's within the law. I sure want to kick his arse, but that's a assult charge. Me and the wife (Sabrina) seen the man hire drug addicts and set FIRE up and down the alleys with gas. The guy watches me and the wife come and go. His living room, bedroom and bath overlooks my place.

Sorry that your cat was killed, but.............

Cats don't need to be let out "for air". If you cared about your pets you'd keep them under control. I have the same issue in my neighborhood, I catch cats that are on my property and turn them over to animal control. If people cared about their pets they would take care of them. Free roaming cats are in constant danger from being hit by cars, contracting diseases and parasites, or being attacked by other animals or people. Cats can transmit diseases to humans such as rabies, toxoplasmosis and cat scratch fever. In the U.S., cats are the top carrier of rabies in domestic animals. And lets not forget the destruction of wildlife, birds, rabbits, etc.

I'm surprised that the police didn't say anything about firing a weapon within city limits, most towns & cities have laws prohibiting that.

Da Dark Jedi
08-04-2010, 06:42 AM
+1... I like that! That would have worked!

Any idea what the object was that gave the final blow?

Sorry for your loss. I have 3 cats myself and would definitely have words with my neighbor...

No idea what he used, but it was not a large cal weapon. It sounded like a 22 cal or smaller. I was naked in the doorway, I had no idea Cooper would act in such a manner (at his muture age, late 50's). Ninja caught it in the back of the head, left there on his front lawn. As far as havin' words, I would have to watch what I say.

djv5150
08-04-2010, 06:47 AM
Buy a Toyota and run him down and say the car just accelerated on its own.

LIGHTNIN1
08-04-2010, 06:48 AM
I would get a camera system and point it toward him. This not any ordinary neighbor and sounds dangerous. Watch out. Why is he up at that hour with a gun watching for your cat to come his way? You bound to catch him doing something at some point.

GAMike
08-04-2010, 07:11 AM
Sorry for your loss Jedi

My wife and I are very active in the rescue community here in GA. and have to many pets, but I must say I based on the laws here in GA. I have to agree with FastBlack on this. Your pets are your responsibility as per our leash laws, and must be under your control or in a controlled area.....

Still no reason for a neighbor to shoot your animal tho. I dread to think what I would do, if someone harmed one of my pets..... Not trying to bow up or anything, its just that I have such a connection to them that it would be like someone shooting my child (if I had one).

I would find a way...... Good luck finding yours Jedi...

Cats don't need to be let out "for air". If you cared about your pets you'd keep them under control. I have the same issue in my neighborhood, I catch cats that are on my property and turn them over to animal control. If people cared about their pets they would take care of them. Free roaming cats are in constant danger from being hit by cars, contracting diseases and parasites, or being attacked by other animals or people. Cats can transmit diseases to humans such as rabies, toxoplasmosis and cat scratch fever. In the U.S., cats are the top carrier of rabies in domestic animals. And lets not forget the destruction of wildlife, birds, rabbits, etc.

I'm surprised that the police didn't say anything about firing a weapon within city limits, most towns & cities have laws prohibiting that.

gdmjoe
08-04-2010, 07:15 AM
fastblackmerc ... Cats don't need to be let out "for air". If you cared about your pets you'd keep them under control. I have the same issue in my neighborhood, I catch cats that are on my property and turn them over to animal control. If people cared about their pets they would take care of them. Free roaming cats are in constant danger from being hit by cars, contracting diseases and parasites, or being attacked by other animals or people. Cats can transmit diseases to humans such as rabies, toxoplasmosis and cat scratch fever. In the U.S., cats are the top carrier of rabies in domestic animals. And lets not forget the destruction of wildlife, birds, rabbits, etc.
+1

Unfortunately pets are the victims of irresponsible owners. http://www.gdmjoe.com/nonono.gif
*They're the ones that need to be shot.

justbob
08-04-2010, 07:19 AM
Dang Leon, how can you not kick him in the teeth??? Sorry for your loss. Can't they hold him accountable for a weapon discharge on his property? Here is the suburbs this would have made news! The LEO's here would have busted down his door, then asked questions!

Joe Walsh
08-04-2010, 07:22 AM

Sorry for your loss Jedi

My wife and I are very active in the rescue community here in GA. and have to many pets, but I must say I based on the laws here in GA. I have to agree with FastBlack on this. Your pets are your responsibility as per our leash laws, and must be under your control or in a controlled area.....

Still no reason for a neighbor to shoot your animal tho. I dread to think what I would do, if someone harmed one of my pets..... Not trying to bow up or anything, its just that I have such a connection to them that it would be like someone shooting my child (if I had one).

I would find a way...... Good luck finding yours Jedi...

+1
Unfortunately pets are the victims of irresponsible owners.

+2

I'm sorry to hear that your pet was killed by a moron neighbor.
That is horrible and not the right way to handle a perceived pet problem.

I will chime in and note that owning pets means that you are responsible for them.
Most neighborhoods and towns do NOT allow free roaming pets.
I am more than a little sensitive to this subject as my next door neighbor has 5 little 'rat' dogs that they allow out, unsupervised, all the time.
They bark at anything and everything and they bark constantly.
I tried to reason with my neighbor that they should do something about their dogs barking.
They wouldn't listen to reason, so I took them to court via the County Animal Control Office.
The court 'convinced' them to be responsible pet owners and to quiet the dogs.
I hardly ever hear them barking anymore, and if I do....I can cause some significant fines to levied against them.
It sucks that it had to get this far, and I will never talk to my neighbor again, but they were the ones who felt that their pets were free to do whatever they wanted to.

*Sorry to any owners of very small dogs, but I like bigger breeds of dogs and I feel that if your dog gets beat up by squirrels....
then it's not a dog....it's a nervous, annoying, yapping rat.

Haggis
08-04-2010, 07:22 AM
You should have fired back.

Pat
08-04-2010, 07:37 AM

That's probably the best response yet. :D

Egon Spengler
08-04-2010, 07:40 AM
I have seven words for you...

Bang bang bang bang bangin' on fools!

Vortex
08-04-2010, 08:02 AM
Sorry to hear you lost your cat.

"Letting a cat out for air" translates to "I dont want him to pee/poop in my house, let him do it someplace else, and if its my neighbors yard, well thats ok". I clean up after my dog and I get more than upset when someone thinks its ok to let their dog/cat poop all over someone elses yard.

Ill add discharging a firearm in city limits is generally illegal anywhere you go so report it to the local police.

Joe Walsh
08-04-2010, 08:09 AM
Sorry to hear you lost your cat.

"Letting a cat out for air" translates to "I dont want him to pee/poop in my house, let him do it someplace else, and if its my neighbors yard, well thats ok". I clean up after my dog and I get more than upset when someone thinks its ok to let their dog/cat poop all over someone elses yard.

Thank you!

I get so enraged by neighbors who walk their dogs down the front sidewalk, then let them drop a deuce on MY front lawn and then walk away, as if this is perfectly acceptable.

My previously mentioned neighbor with 5 dogs, does not clean up after their pets and we now have a rat problem in our nice suburban neighborhood.
I just found out from the County Health Dept. that rats eat dog turds like candy.
Gross, I know...but it happens and I've poisoned 4 rats in my backyard in the last year....:shake:
I put the poison under my deck and under my shed where the wandering neighborhood pets cannot get to it.
(I did knock off one stupid rabbit though.)

PonyUP
08-04-2010, 08:42 AM
This is just terrible, Everyone chiming in that the owner needs to be responsible, I get that the pets shouldn't roam free. But it almost sounds like your justifying what this idiot did. It's a cat, not a Pitbull, and it's a housecat, there is no justification for shooting a cat running across your lawn.

If you're looking for legal recourse, you might see if you can file a restraining order against him since he discharged a gun upon a bet of yours, you ahve reasonable fear that the aggression could escalate towards you. Not sure if it would hold water, but I'd look into it.

Or by the LEO's standards, I would warn your neighbor if he walks on your lawn, you are going to shoot him, then hide in the shadows and wait for retribution.

Joe Walsh
08-04-2010, 08:51 AM
This is just terrible, Everyone chiming in that the owner needs to be responsible, I get that the pets shouldn't roam free. But it almost sounds like your justifying what this idiot did. It's a cat, not a Pitbull, and it's a housecat, there is no justification for shooting a cat running across your lawn.

If you're looking for legal recourse, you might see if you can file a restraining order against him since he discharged a gun upon a bet of yours, you ahve reasonable fear that the aggression could escalate towards you. Not sure if it would hold water, but I'd look into it.

Or by the LEO's standards, I would warn your neighbor if he walks on your lawn, you are going to shoot him, then hide in the shadows and wait for retribution.

I am sorry for the loss of his pet,

Someone already noted the best thing to do:

Call the Police and report that your neighbor SHOT your cat with a firearm.
Let the Police handle it from there.
The cat would still be lying in the yard with an obvious bullet wound....hard for the az$ hole neighbor to deny what happened.
The moron neighbor has violated plenty of laws.

tbone
08-04-2010, 09:07 AM
My cat LOVES to go outside and cries and cries until we let her out. We love our cat and take wonderful care of her. We have a fenced back yard but she hops the fence. You people that say it is irresponsible to let a cat outside are just plain wrong. Some animals refuse to be couped up in a house for their entire lives. And you can't tie up a cat.

fastblackmerc
08-04-2010, 09:14 AM
My cat LOVES to go outside and cries and cries until we let her out. We love our cat and take wonderful care of her. We have a fenced back yard but she hops the fence. You people that say it is irresponsible to let a cat outside are just plain wrong. Some animals refuse to be couped up in a house for their entire lives. And you can't tie up a cat.

Does your city / town have a leash law? If so, your breaking the law and endangering your pet.

fastblackmerc
08-04-2010, 09:20 AM

Nobody is justifying what the idiot neighbor did. But if the cat wasn't outside then the neighbor wouldn't have shot him would he?

I can't believe the Chicago PD didn't do a thing about discharging a firearm inside the city limits. I'd be calling the newspaper, police department and animal control. What happened was "cruelty to an animal" and I'm sure even Chicago has laws against that. There was a N.C. State trooper that shoot his neighbors cat.... notice I said was....

There are two things here....

Be a responsible pet owner and take care of your pets.
It's illegal to discharge a firearm in most cities and it's illegal to be cruel to an animal so the Chicago PD should have dealt with the neighbor accordingly.

We are only hearing one side of the story......................... ...

ctrlraven
08-04-2010, 09:28 AM
Sorry for your loss Jedi.

Dragcity
08-04-2010, 10:43 AM
Sorry man. That was VERY rude of your neighbor. He knew it was your pet...

Did you call the ASCPA. They have a LOT of pull these days. That was an act of cruelty to animals. A serious offense these days.

Wild or ferrel cats is another story altogether, but this was your pet. A true shame it happened.

Call your local SPCA.....

Haggis
08-04-2010, 10:48 AM

What is that suppose to mean? I had a pit for 15yrs, it was one of the sweetest dogs you would ever know. It is not the dog (breed) that is evil, it is the owners.

ctrlraven
08-04-2010, 10:54 AM
That's a great idea also, good thinking Joe.

a_d_a_m
08-04-2010, 11:02 AM
At 4am this morning I let Ninja (a Black female) out for some air. Why are you and your neighbor both awake at 4am, and what's wrong with the air inside your house?

Also, what neighborhood in Chicago is this?

We are only hearing one side of the story......................... ... +1

Egon Spengler
08-04-2010, 11:15 AM
I don't give a flying f*** how the guy handles his cats etc. There is no need for ANYONE to shoot a person's pet! There are other ways this could have been handled. Give the guy a f***ing break!

I had a cat that was an outdoor cat and it was with us for a long time! The cat loved being outside and catching animals and bringing them back to the house and strutting her stuff proud of her kill. We have 3 cats now that are all in door cats and I feel bad that they have to be cooped up in the house.

Don't even start the pit bull debate! I am so sick of hearing about it!

ledzilla
08-04-2010, 11:17 AM
A similar thing happened to my grandparents about 15-20 years ago. They, and another resident in their small town, owned a collie. My grandparents' collie never left the yard, and couldn't get out anyway, but the other resident let theirs out to roam the town constantly. Well, this other collie kept doing stuff to this one persons lawn, and they threatened my grandparents over it. They were confused since their dog never roamed. Well, being friendly like she was, and the alley that came behind their yard, we all think that jerk poisoned the dog. And I was the one who found the dead dog, too. I can only hope that the guy felt like a complete azz once he realized there was no more collie ever in that yard but a collie kept ruining his lawn. The big difference, which was quite noticeable even to a kid, was that the trespassing dog had a thick white fur collar, normal with collies, and my grandparents' collie did not, hers was black.

Linkin
08-04-2010, 11:21 AM

I saw this on a movie, go up to his yard and wait till he sees you and comes out, then when he does, stick your hand in your jacket real aggressively and pull out a lighter, while saying "You need a light?". Then he in turn pops you a few times and you will save your cats from torment.

But seriously I am sorry to hear that people act like this, It is perfectly legal to put cameras pointing at other peoples houses as long as its in your yard. Just put a few cameras in obvious spots and it might deter him, put one hidden one watching the others in case he decides to solve the problem himself.

There isnt much you can do with out doing something illegal yourself.:flamer:

Egon Spengler
08-04-2010, 11:24 AM
I saw this on a movie, go up to his yard and wait till he sees you and comes out, then when he does, stick your hand in your jacket real aggressively and pull out a lighter, while saying "You need a light?". Then he in turn pops you a few times and you will save your cats from torment.
Grand Torino? hahaha

mcb26
08-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss. We have several Ferrules we take care of. Don't know what I would do if I saw a neighbor shoot one.

Joe Walsh
08-04-2010, 11:45 AM
I guess maybe it is legal to shoot pets...this just happened a few miles from my house.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/anne-arundel/bs-md-ar-dog-fight-shooting-20100803,0,7786058.story

Because he is a Federal Police officer....he will get the "Senator treatment" and nothing will be done about it.

ledzilla
08-04-2010, 11:45 AM

Gran Torino with Clint Eastwood, am I right?

Egon Spengler
08-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Grand Torino? hahaha

Gran Torino with Clint Eastwood, am I right?
I already asked!

chicago_cop
08-04-2010, 11:54 AM

Surprised they would blow you off like that. How many people in his house look like him. As a former Chicago Det. You may think of these alternatives. Is it worth starting a war with your neighbor ? You live there and are coming and going every day. You could write a letter to the Mayor. This may go to the Detectives or the police Commanders office. They have to take reasonable action. Thats not true their hands are tied. You got the wrong guy. tact. officers in any police dist. are more than willing to make an arrest. Is it worth it though ? A fewd may start. Cats arround anyones house should be considered a good thing as they kill rats and mice. If he's an ignoramis he will never understand. Sorry for your loss.

kernie
08-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Surprised they would blow you off like that. How many people in his house look like him. As a former Chicago Det. You may think of these alternatives. Is it worth starting a war with your neighbor ? You live there and are coming and going every day. You could write a letter to the Mayor. This may go to the Detectives or the police Commanders office. They have to take reasonable action. Thats not true their hands are tied. You got the wrong guy. tact. officers in any police dist. are more than willing to make an arrest. Is it worth it though ? A fewd may start. Cats arround anyones house should be considered a good thing as they kill rats and mice. If he's an ignoramis he will never understand. Sorry for your loss.
I think this is great advice. Go the legal route to the max, take steps to protect your other cats and never look in his direction again.

Sorry for your loss.

kartherma
08-04-2010, 12:47 PM
I can't believe this.

The other persective really hasn't been discussed...why not?

You have a yard, and you happen to take (what you feel) care of it. This ******* neighboor thinks that his "right" to own cats means YOUR yard is a fair playground for his cats.
It is YOUR yard and YOU have to just live with it. Sorry dude! MY cat decided it was time to XXX (insert ANYTHING here, it doesnt matter the activity- destructive or not) in your yard and you can't do anything about it!
Even going to this cat owner and eplaining you dont like it doesnt work.

Hey guys, I like cats. In soup especially, they taste like chicken!

So, to test my theory...
I live across the street from you.
I like to walk across the street and lay in your lawn.
Every now and then I chase the birds in your trees. I sometimes even catch one and leave its half eaten corpse on your lawn.
I dont destry stuff really, I just use your lawn for my recreation, lounging, and entertainment.

You tell me to stop doing that...
And I don't.

You look outside one morning and see me on your lawn. You are fed up. You:
a. get a gun and shoot me?
b. Call the police and lodge a trespassing complaint? (equivalent was suggested- call animal control)
c. Kick the ever-livin-snot out of me?
d. go back inside and just let me get one over on you?

How many here would vote for C?
Step outside, convey your message in a physical fashion, and DRIVE the point home.

I personally vote for C.

Walk out and kick the dang cat hard enough so he lands outside the boundaries of the property line. Enough kicks in the ... will teach MOST animals where they can and cannot go. (and if it doesnt...its just that much funner to kick the same cat twice)

Seriously, I think this fellow took it too far too soon. I'd vote he should have called animal control.
While I do pity the loss of an animal like that, I have no pity or sympathy for the owners who failed their pet like that. You were warned, but you failed to heed. Your "right" to own a pet did not (and still does not) trump the property rights other have nor their reasonable expectation of privacy on their private property.

That guy who shot the cat could probably benefit from an evaluation of mental state.
The owner of the cat should have his "right to own a cat" be evaluated also.

FordNut
08-04-2010, 12:51 PM
It sucks that your cat got smoked, but I agree with several others who commented. It is your animal and you are responsible for it. It was on his property so you were obviously not taking proper care of the animal. If you really cared that much about it you would have kept it on your own property. If it won't stay in your yard, you should keep it in your house.

I don't currently have any pets, and it irritates me to no end when neighbors let their animals run loose, leaving cat pawprints and scratches on my cars or dog landmines in my yard.

kartherma
08-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Cats arround anyones house should be considered a good thing as they kill rats and mice.

Are you SERIOUS???
Cats around my house are considered a nuisance because I hate the things. I dont care if they krap gold turds that I can sell at market value.

Remember- Just because you love cats...doesnt mean I have to also... And don't be surprised when others don't share your attitude towards those long tailed rats.

FordNut
08-04-2010, 12:59 PM
If people cared about their pets they would take care of them. Free roaming cats are in constant danger from being hit by cars, contracting diseases and parasites, or being attacked by other animals or people. Cats can transmit diseases to humans such as rabies, toxoplasmosis and cat scratch fever. In the U.S., cats are the top carrier of rabies in domestic animals. And lets not forget the destruction of wildlife, birds, rabbits, etc..

Cats arround anyones house should be considered a good thing as they kill rats and mice. .

I hate cats, I used to fill bird feeders around my house and cats would kill the birds that came to eat at the feeders. And I don't even have any cats. And they killed the chipmunks too.

CBT
08-04-2010, 01:07 PM
I'm sticking with my advice. Just think, it could have went like this:
"911, what is your emergency?"
"Oh my God, there is gunfire at my neighbors house, I hope they are okay"!
"What's the adress?"
"It's (whatever it is)! Oh no, something is lying in thier front yard after the shootingOHMYGODthe shooter just ran into my neighbors house! Ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod, should I go see if they are okay?!"
"NO!"
"I'm going to see if they are okay! Hurry!"

Then, when police and maybe even SWAT arrive, they see a dead cat and think some homocidal maniac just killed these peoples pet and now he is in the house, possibly killing everyone in it. After all, you didn't lie, you were just a concerned citizen. Oh, it was the neighbor after all? My bad. Oh he got arrested for firing a gun within city limits? Oops. Oh crap, PETA is going to protest outside his house now? Geesh, that sucks.

Egon Spengler
08-04-2010, 01:21 PM
"What's the adress?"
"It's (whatever it is)! Oh no, something is lying in thier front yard after the shootingOHMYGODthe shooter just ran into my neighbors house! Ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod, should I go see if they are okay?!"
"NO!"

Then, when police and maybe even SWAT arrive, they see a dead cat and think some homocidal maniac just killed these peoples pet and now he is in the house, possibly killing everyone in it. After all, you didn't lie, you were just a concerned citizen. Oh, it was the neighbor after all? My bad. Oh he got arrested for firing a gun within city limits? Oops. Oh crap, PETA is going to protest outside his house now? Geesh, that sucks.
Definitely going to keep this in mind should someone bust caps in one of my pets... or hommies

Seneca
08-04-2010, 01:31 PM
My neighbors cats going to go for a one way ride after scratching my MM. the last thing you wanna see is a cat setting ontop your car. and getting into our trash cans making a mess... I have a (HOUSE CAT) Sorry for your loss...

Krytin
08-04-2010, 01:32 PM
leaving cat pawprints and scratches on my cars or dog landmines in my yard.

Thank You for hitting this one!

I know another cat that is going to get shot if I find it on my car again!!

My dog would "love to roam free and be outside in the fresh air" but she's an 80 lb Malinois and would probably be bringing home dead cats and "strutting her stuff" and all and....
.....heeeeeey wait a minute. I guess I wont have to shoot that cat after all!!!

kartherma
08-04-2010, 01:41 PM
"What's the adress?"
"NO!"

Yeah, maybe we should make a new thread about this whole thing:
"Ways to infringe on the rights of others and screw them over in inventive ways when they react in a manner that reflects their level of frustration"

Brilliant.

I do not condone the breaking of any laws...I do not condone the shooting of this cat at that stage (I reserve judgment however as I do not know the whole story...)

I SPECIFICALLY take exception to the concept that it is ok for people to let their cats, dogs, pets, kids, wives, etc. to violate other peoples privacy, ESPECIALLY privacy concerning the home.

Had that cat been properly cared for, it would have never been in that person's yard. Had that persons privacy not been violated in such a disrepectful manner (in that he complained for it to stop, but it didn't stop), that person would have never had the cause (or opportunity) to react in the inappropriate manner he did.

But then where's the fun in that? Because if it didn't happen...
We wouldn't have all this fun dreaming up potential ways to respond to his inappropriate behavior such that we could royaly screw him over.

Leadfoot281
08-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Are you SERIOUS???
Cats around my house are considered a nuisance because I hate the things. I dont care if they krap gold turds that I can sell at market value.

Remember- Just because you love cats...doesnt mean I have to also... And don't be surprised when others don't share your attitude towards those long tailed rats.

I agree. This is why I shoot any and all stray dogs that get in my yard.

Living on a farm I have lots of mice in and around my buildings and wood pile. Cats help a lot. When a stray dog shows up and the cats jump up on the roof of my Jeep to hide, you ought to see the scratches dogs leave behind.

Cats sleep on the roof of my Marauder 5 months out of the year when it's in storage in my hay barn. Never had a single scratch because of them or any mice damage.

Dogs are generally very useless critters. Stray dogs here will be shot. Twice.

Of course I don't live in Chicago. What are the laws on shooting dogs in Chicago? Is it rifle only or can you use a pistol?

Da Dark Jedi
08-04-2010, 02:05 PM
The LEO said file a small claim against Cooper also the cop said he been over to the guys house a couple of times for beating up on his wife. I'm tring to ruin the guys image since he's an Ins broker. I told the mailman the incident and now I have to call my younger brother. The mail person said he's up for renewal and since I told him this he won't renew. My brother will probably cancel his too. I forgot to mention I told his wife also. I will call the local ASPCA to get their take on this.

Oh... the LEO wouldn't arrest him because "I did not see the cat go down", even tho I seen Cooper open the door arm come up heard the shots.

To answer the question about what neighborhood this is, Southside Chicago. If you seen the news in the past two months people are killing LEO's now two were in uniform one was a family friend about to retire. Everybody is shooting at something or someone.

kartherma
08-04-2010, 02:08 PM
Hehe,
Nice try, but it doesn't get me all riled up when you say you like to shoot dogs...

It's not about cats and dogs.

What I am concerned with:
People acting like they are victims (pretty popular thing now in this country- sadly) when in fact they were the villians.

We have so many people scrambling to claim "victim status" and an equally large number of people struggling to protect the victims.

A pet owner allowed his pet to violate the privacy of another person and victimize him. This actual victim acted out. And now the facilitator of the crimes want to claim victim status for himself.
And not to be out done, others are stepping in to champion the pseudo-victim...
Here on the Marauder car forum, a place one would *suspect* might be filled with plenty of people who generally focus on the traditional 'dont tread on me' outlook on life.

tbone
08-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Does your city / town have a leash law? If so, your breaking the law and endangering your pet.

I don't give a rat's ass about any leash law and the cat will be fine.

musclemerc
08-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Once I had a neighbor that had a cat that would crap on my concrete front portch. I had color night vision camera's and invited her over to show her how often it happened. She apologized and continued to let her cat destroy my lawn and my cars. Notice I said had... I did'nt kill him but she never saw him again. Hopefully the cat got a better owner.

lastdaze04
08-04-2010, 02:34 PM
I'm not really against cats. However I live out in the middle of nowhere. And my closest neighbor has a house full cats. Every now and then I see one sitting on top of the MM.:mad2:. So I will not kill the cat but I will ake my Co2 psitol and pop him one. (boy do they jump). I however, did get some Satisfaction one night. My windows are tinted (to make a long story short) I chased the cat around the corner of my yard and then it took off straight for the MM and I guess he thought the windows were open, and the cat took a flying leap and slammed into the window (priceless). I will make the cats around here miserable but I refuse to kill them.:twocents:
RICK

My neighbors cats going to go for a one way ride after scratching my MM. the last thing you wanna see is a cat setting ontop your car. and getting into our trash cans making a mess... I have a (HOUSE CAT) Sorry for your loss...

Da Dark Jedi
08-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Well I did warn other who also has cats outside, 3 houses all around Coopers. One man in his 60's said he'll pump (Mossberg 590A1) round into the mans house if one of his come up dead. So I guess Cooper will get "His"! I won't use a gun I respect life (I know I eat meat of animals), but I'll do it the right way if there is such a thing.

FordNut
08-04-2010, 02:46 PM
Live catch trap and an opened can of tunafish. Then a nice long drive.

kartherma
08-04-2010, 02:54 PM
I just re-read this and had an alarming realization...

Well lt finally happen, after being THREATEN This guy communicated in a way that you received it as a THREAT by him about my cat in his front yard, HE DID IT Then he acted out on this threat, and this action included DEADLY FORCE. At 4am this morning I let Ninja (a Black female) out for some air. I watch as she ran across the street to play with another neighbors male cat, so before I closed the door I see Charles Cooper come out to his front porch under cover of darkness and fire a weapon of sorts in her direction. His front yard is not fenced in so it's open to all. Cooper lives across the street.

It's no secret that my pet (4 cats) are let out between 2-5am for fresh air. In Chicago with the violence You recognize violence is prevalent in this areaI would never expect a Insurance broker who in his late fifties to act in such a manner. Chicago Police informed me that " Since I only saw his shadow and did not see him point the weapon and the cat go down their hands is tied. The LEO looked at the area and saw what I saw but could not arrest him. Heck I watched the guy come out and go back in!

I will have to take Cooper to civil court over this and sue for damage to property but I was warned that he'll lie about the whole incident even tho I SAW HIM. Show now I decided when I see talking to other people I will tell them that he SHOT & KILLED my pet.This will only add to this dude's aggrivation. Aggrivation that he has DEMONSTRATED (through the use of deadly force) the inability to deal with. Please, for the love of life- Don't set out on a daily mission to embarrass this guy in front of others in a personal way... That is the only thing I can think of right now that's within the law. I sure want to kick his arse, but that's a assult charge. Me and the wife (Sabrina) seen the man hire drug addicts and set FIRE up and down the alleys with gas. The guy watches me and the wife come and go. His living room, bedroom and bath overlooks my place. If you feel like he is actively watching you, and you know of the prevalence of violence in the areas, and you witnessed his use of deadly force...

Any Legal guys please advise. Not legal advice- life skills advice- Dont poke that sleeping bear!!!Please admins don't delete. Thanks

ChiTownMaraud3r
08-04-2010, 02:55 PM
Hehe,
Nice try, but it doesn't get me all riled up when you say you like to shoot dogs...

It's not about cats and dogs.

What I am concerned with:
People acting like they are victims (pretty popular thing now in this country- sadly) when in fact they were the villians.

We have so many people scrambling to claim "victim status" and an equally large number of people struggling to protect the victims.

A pet owner allowed his pet to violate the privacy of another person and victimize him. This actual victim acted out. And now the facilitator of the crimes want to claim victim status for himself.
And not to be out done, others are stepping in to champion the pseudo-victim...
Here on the Marauder car forum, a place one would *suspect* might be filled with plenty of people who generally focus on the traditional 'dont tread on me' outlook on life.

Really?? You're going to sit there and defend the crazy neighbor that just shoots things he doesn't like to alleviate the problem? I guess we are just the weirdos that don't think it is right to bring a gun into a situation like this...:shake:

The fact that this guy shot a firearm in public in a residential area and no one has done anything about it is just ridiculous itself.

captain
08-04-2010, 03:02 PM
Hopefully you take better care of your children.

Ps Catch and release.... "hav a hart" trap... a garden hose.... and done!
They remember things like that. Forever.

a_d_a_m
08-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss. We have several Ferrules we take care of. Don't know what I would do if I saw a neighbor shoot one.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrule

gdmjoe
08-04-2010, 03:34 PM
First of all ... Love dogs. Love cats. And like "most" critters, HOWEVER ... Have culled ALL forms of animals using firearms, traps, poison, and combinations thereof.

Da Dark Jedi - Well lt finally happen, after being THREATEN by him about my cat in his front yard, HE DID IT.
Let me guess ... You're one on those "Don't make me count to three or you'll get a time-out" kinda people. Right ?

There are those that say what they mean and mean what they say.

BTW ... It wasn't a threat; it was a notice of consequences should you not properly control your "pet". *Done there, been that myself.

tbone ... And you can't tie up a cat.
Beg to differ ... Both my grandparents and my cousin have outdoor cats that are 100% "chained-up" in the back yard, complete with their own cathouses.

Who owns who in your world ?

Dragcity ... He knew it was your pet...
And he also warned about the consequences.

Somehow unleased, left-to-roam "pets" are special ? NOT!

Egon Spengler ... There is no need for ANYONE to shoot a person's pet!
Even after they're slaudered your caged rabbits / fenced-in chickens / corralled geese ?

Not to mention the wildlife animals.

Have actually called animal control on several occasions after taking a shotgun and killing "pet" dogs and "pet" cats ( with collars and tags ) so that we could recoup some token for the damage as well as getting the owners a hefty fine.

PonyUp ... But it almost sounds like your justifying what this idiot did. It's a cat, not a Pitbull, and it's a housecat, there is no justification for shooting a cat running across your lawn.
To be forwarned is to be forarmed.

The only mistake the shooter made was in the selection of ammo'. Should have used a CB short. No sound. And follow the 3 S rule ... Shoot. Shovel. Shutup.

Joe Walsh - I guess maybe it is legal to shoot pets...
Has been in every neck of the woods that I've lived in.

Actual experience: Neighbor's cat kept using my kids sandbox as it litterbox as well as howling under the bedroom window at 3AM. Told the owner about the issues AND the lease laws AND the consequences. Next night/morning the howling was silenced with a shotgun. Owner called the MI State police and they showed-up at 4AM. Explained the situation and the officer left to tell the owner that he would be fined.

Tbone - I don't give a rat's ass about any leash law and the cat will be fine.
Not around my place it wouldn't. Cull fodder.

FordNut - Live catch trap and an opened can of tunafish. Then a nice long drive.
Have used the live-trap ( Hav-A-Heart - ironic ) and empty tuna fish can. Don't waste the tuna fish or gas. 22cal rounds are cheaper.

gdmjoe
08-04-2010, 03:38 PM
captain - Hopefully you take better care of your children.
ROT ... NOBODY wants someone elses univited pets or kids.

Ps Catch and release.... "hav a hart" trap... a garden hose.... and done!
They remember things like that. Forever.
You forgot the bucket.

Da Dark Jedi
08-04-2010, 03:42 PM
I just got in and did some checking around, since I grew up in this area. I found out the guy is a former gang banger from the late 60's (The Blackstone Rangers). He chose to run with this group out of fear because of the dirt he did. I found this out because I use to ball with these guys in H.S. & College. My Bro just called and he's cancelling his Ins policy with the guy. So thats 2 thats cancelled!

gdmjoe... The other neighbors around him (3) with their cats out side (15 total) have said their cats have been in his yard and he said nothing to them. I just moved back here 16 months ago. So since they are home owners way back before he even came around, he decides to set his sights on me.

tbone
08-04-2010, 03:52 PM
gdmjoe: Beg to differ ... Both my grandparents and my cousin have outdoor cats that are 100% "chained-up" in the back yard, complete with their own cathouses.

Eat **** jerkoff!
You, your grandparents and your cousin should be charged with animal cruelty!

It's cruel to tie up a cat.

Bluerauder
08-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Just an observation but I sense no remorse, sorrow or sadness expressed by the owner in this incident at the loss of his pet, Ninja. As written, this cat was just "property". How sad. :(

It appears that the shooter had warned the owner that this might be the outcome (i.e. threatened). The poor cat probably didn't even see it coming. There's probably enough blame to go around for everyone in this case.

There is no way that I condone the actions of the shooter although he may have been frustrated by the lack of concern and control exercised by the owner.

The cat paid the price for the inability of two adults to work out their differences in a reasonable and responsible manner.

I am not a cat person; but I do feel a certain amount of sadness over the sudden loss of Ninja the black cat. :cry: My condolences on the loss.

Hope they are able to work this out before it escalates even further and possibly several folks are headed to jail.

BTW --- new information posted ^^^^ indicates that this "shooter" may have had to deal with up to 15 cats invading his property from a variety of other neighbors. :mad: Hope someone learned their lesson in this incident. Otherwise, I can foresee other pets headed off to feline heaven.

a_d_a_m
08-04-2010, 04:11 PM
The cat paid the price for the inability of two adults to work out their differences in a reasonable and responsible manner. This sums up all 5 pages rather nicely...

Black_Out
08-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Beat his ass to a bloody pulp. As long as no one sees you do it then the laws "hands are tied". That is a cowardly thing to do, he needs to get his **** kicked in.

Rocknthehawk
08-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Put a billboard in your front yard.

Giant arrow pointed towards his house.

"this man SHOT my pet cat"

rayjay
08-04-2010, 06:28 PM
Fireworks do wonders with nusiance cats rather than just croaking them.

Joe Walsh
08-04-2010, 06:40 PM
"Joe Walsh - I guess maybe it is legal to shoot pets..."

Has been in every neck of the woods that I've lived in.

Actual experience: Neighbor's cat kept using my kids sandbox as it litterbox as well as howling under the bedroom window at 3AM. Told the owner about the issues AND the lease laws AND the consequences. Next night/morning the howling was silenced with a shotgun. Owner called the MI State police and they showed-up at 4AM. Explained the situation and the officer left to tell the owner that he would be fined.

I don't think that you read the link that I had in my post...

guspech750
08-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Just keep the cats inside man. Problem solved. They are pets. They belong at home. not running around the neighborhood. I have seem a few cats running around our area. I am hoping a coyote gets them before I really get tired of them. Keep fish in a bowl. Keep dogs and cats the owners yard. Keep birds in a cage. Etc. Or expect others to get pissed off beyond belief after a while.

Paul T. Casey
08-04-2010, 06:58 PM
Jedi, sorry for your loss, and I won't go into the rest of the stuff here. Just an idea here. You know this man's name and address. Go to your doctor/dentist, or any other place that has a waiting room. Grab every post card for magizine subscriptions in the place. Fill them out for your neighbor, and check the "Bill Me" box. Mail them in (they all are postage prepaid). When you do this, let me know, and I'll teach you another "dirty trick." He'll have the hassle of cancelling all the orders, and perhaps even get a black mark on his credit report. Not that I've ever done anything like that to a jerk who deserved the trouble.....

RacerX
08-04-2010, 07:17 PM
The guy watches me and the wife come and go. His living room, bedroom and bath overlooks my place.

www.wickedlasers.com (http://www.wickedlasers.com)

BLIND HIM! If you don't have it in you to do that, hire those drug dealers to break into his house with about thirty cans of black spray paint. Have them tape all the nozzles down in all the rooms... He has problems that need taking care of. I'm sure he used a pellet gun which can be fired in city limits. People and police make more of an issue if it's a dog. Cats don't mean as much, just a fact.

W4LTD
08-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Back in February, a renter around the block from me decided to allow his 2 pitbulls to roam free. Well, actually, his fencing was sub-par and completely inadequate as they simply dug under it to escape. He knowingly neglected to fill the holes. As I was leaving my front door to "water" my 14-pound dachshund, Oscar, we were approached by these 2 vicious dogs and one managed to nip Oscar on the rear. I quickly shoo-ed them away and put Oscar in the house. Both the pitbulls then proceeded to ***** in my yard, almost with a "can't touch this" attitude. I called animal control and they showed up, but could do nothing but write a complaint, as both dogs were back in their yard by this point in time. A week later, same thing, but this time I was on guard and Oscar had not left the doorway. I lunged at the pitbulls and they winced, but then retreated slowly, all while growling and barking with their tail's between their legs. Animal control was called again, and they showed up on a Sunday no less. The officer was able to spot the dogs and she offered them a treat but they wouldn't come near her as they were growling. Knowing exactly where the dogs' owner resided, she went over to his house, but only his kids (both minors) were home. This had been one of a number of times these dogs got loose. No ticket was issued, just a verbal warning. The animal control officer, knowing me through my job, came back to my house and told me of the situation. I told her, quite seriously, that next time they accosted myself and/or my dog, they'd be shot.
It would be completely within my rights to protect myself and my property (Oscar, my dachshund, is considered "property" in the courts). Thankfully, they have not been seen since and I didn't have to resort to using my firearm. Oh, the paperwork that would entail! Anyway, I think another neighbor may have taken care of the situation...

*sniffles* those poor pitbulls. :eek:

Vortex
08-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Blackstone Rangers/El Rukns = wrong yard to let can poop in. He probably learned to hate cats at Cook County or Joliet.

kartherma
08-04-2010, 08:14 PM
So, the consensus here is:
Take extra steps to go out of your way to further aggravate a guy who:
1. Communicates "threats" (or provides accurate descriptions of what his intentions are)
2. Follows through on those "threats" (or does what he says)
3. Has displayed a propensity for violence
4. Has displayed a willingness to use force deadly enough to kill a cat
5. Has probably been pushed by the unwanted visits of not one but up to 15 cats
6. Lives in an area known for its violence
7. Is supposedly an ex-member of some sort of street gang
8. Did things in the past that causes him to want to "hide" those things
9. Watches through the windows

I'll bet this dude is at the tipping point. He was pushed to the point of killing a cat, and now the geniuses on this board are suggesting things like:

1. publicly humiliate him
2. affect his job/customer base in a legitimate endeavor
3. Post signs in the yard in an attempt to draw further attention to him, and in the hopes of further humiliating him.
4. confront him, and "kick his ass"

What is with people here?
Have most of you lost your mind?

People who mess with animals they dont know have historically been bitten by them.

This dude sounds like an animal to me-
Tempt fate, follow the brilliant "aggravate the already aggravated violent guy with the history of street gang membership who has also recently used deadly force as an expression of his aggravation" suggestions and see what happens.

Good luck.

Selling your marauder soon? Might want to sell it before this dude figures out your love for your car and turns his attention on it...

kartherma
08-04-2010, 08:27 PM
gdmjoe: Beg to differ ... Both my grandparents and my cousin have outdoor cats that are 100% "chained-up" in the back yard, complete with their own cathouses.

Eat **** jerkoff!
You, your grandparents and your cousin should be charged with animal cruelty!

It's cruel to tie up a cat.

What's this all about?
Champion of the animals are we?

Who says its "ok" to tie up a dog but "cruel" to tie up a cat?
What definition from what book do you get that from?

Unfortunately this country has all too many people jumping at the chance to defend someone/something they know nothing of...
I guess, in their twisted thinking, they feel better for "defending" things...things that dont need the help.

Do you realize that your concept of cruelty and the need to levy charges for this cruelty (that you perceive) are a projection of YOUR OPINION and NOT LAWS?

You perceive an injustice, based on your opinions, and you are going to be the hero here...Defend those poor little creatures which you have never seen or interacted with. SURELY they need you HERO. I mean, hey, you were offended by the concept of a cat on a leash- so go ahead and stamp your feet and scream of the injustice. Add to the B.S. this country suffers from.

Were you on the jury that awarded that lady MILLIONS from McDonalds when she dumped her coffee on herself and got burned? Did you feel better for defending that poor little defenseless woman against big bad McDonalds?

PonyUP
08-04-2010, 08:35 PM
What is that suppose to mean? I had a pit for 15yrs, it was one of the sweetest dogs you would ever know. It is not the dog (breed) that is evil, it is the owners.

You're right, it's unfair to single out Pit Bulls (Spuds McKenzie was a Pitt) they just have become the symbol for violent dogs, so I used it as symbolism, but it was not fair to do so.

kartherma
08-04-2010, 08:42 PM
You're right, it's unfair to single out Pit Bulls (Spuds McKenzie was a Pitt) they just have become the symbol for violent dogs, so I used it as symbolism, but it was not fair to do so.

Umm, NO...

Spuds (AKA: Honey Tree Evil Eye) was a Bull Terrier, NOT a pit bull

PonyUP
08-04-2010, 08:52 PM
Umm, NO...

Spuds (AKA: Honey Tree Evil Eye) was a Bull Terrier, NOT a pit bull

Really??? I always thought he was a Pitt, oh well

dirtybird82
08-05-2010, 02:10 AM
Someone has alot of anger inside. They like to capatilize words to try and make a point, not sure who it could be though:rolleyes:. I really hate people who do that :flamer:.

CBT
08-05-2010, 04:43 AM
I'm thinking a couple people who posted here got ***** by a cat or something. Such anger.

Spectragod
08-05-2010, 05:14 AM
Back in February, a renter around the block from me decided to allow his 2 pitbulls to roam free. Well, actually, his fencing was sub-par and completely inadequate as they simply dug under it to escape. He knowingly neglected to fill the holes. As I was leaving my front door to "water" my 14-pound dachshund, Oscar, we were approached by these 2 vicious dogs and one managed to nip Oscar on the rear. I quickly shoo-ed them away and put Oscar in the house. Both the pitbulls then proceeded to ***** in my yard, almost with a "can't touch this" attitude. I called animal control and they showed up, but could do nothing but write a complaint, as both dogs were back in their yard by this point in time. A week later, same thing, but this time I was on guard and Oscar had not left the doorway. I lunged at the pitbulls and they winced, but then retreated slowly, all while growling and barking with their tail's between their legs. Animal control was called again, and they showed up on a Sunday no less. The officer was able to spot the dogs and she offered them a treat but they wouldn't come near her as they were growling. Knowing exactly where the dogs' owner resided, she went over to his house, but only his kids (both minors) were home. This had been one of a number of times these dogs got loose. No ticket was issued, just a verbal warning. The animal control officer, knowing me through my job, came back to my house and told me of the situation. I told her, quite seriously, that next time they accosted myself and/or my dog, they'd be shot.
It would be completely within my rights to protect myself and my property (Oscar, my dachshund, is considered "property" in the courts). Thankfully, they have not been seen since and I didn't have to resort to using my firearm. Oh, the paperwork that would entail! Anyway, I think another neighbor may have taken care of the situation...

*sniffles* those poor pitbulls. :eek:

Handguns are not especially effictive when dealing with an enraged Canine. Shot a couple of boxers that were let loose on an entry team, .45 and .40 were through and through, 12 GA. on the other hand.....

Felt bad for the animals, POS homeowner cooking crack is the one to blame, although the touchy feely types didn't see it that way, they thought that we should have taken some bites before defending ourselves.

To the OP, sorry about your pet, that sucks, your neighbors a kook, if he will sneak and shoot at a cat, he will sneak and shoot at you potentially. Watch your 6 and keep your animals in.

Egon Spengler
08-05-2010, 05:23 AM
I'm thinking a couple people who posted here got ***** by a cat or something. Such anger.
I agree! A little kitty rape goes a long way I guess!

Although this thread has made a lot of things clear to me about a few people...

Haggis
08-05-2010, 05:52 AM

Talking from experience, Casey?

Egon Spengler
08-05-2010, 05:56 AM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:eek: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :run:

RacerX
08-05-2010, 06:26 AM
Big cats are dangerous! But, a little p***y never hurt anyone. :D

GAMike
08-05-2010, 09:01 AM
http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/man-shot-by-neighbor-585487.html

Just sayin......:coolman:

Joe Walsh
08-05-2010, 09:04 AM

He did say that it was a big black cat....:eek:

Egon Spengler
08-05-2010, 09:13 AM
Didn't you have one swinging from your junk at some point? I figured if anyone would hate cats, it would be you! haha

CBT
08-05-2010, 09:31 AM
Didn't you have one swinging from your junk at some point? I figured if anyone would hate cats, it would be you! haha

Yeah, that jackass latched onto me, lol. I DO hate cats, but not to the point of blasting them for running through my yard.

Joe Walsh
08-05-2010, 09:36 AM

Yeah, that jackass latched onto me, lol. I DO hate cats, but not to the point of blasting them for running through my yard.

Reminds me of this famous video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KFUImd6z5k

Don't mess with 'Pinky'.....he is a badazz cat!

I'd be a mean SOB too if they named me 'Pinky'.

Bluerauder
08-05-2010, 10:03 AM
I'd be a mean SOB too if they named me 'Pinky'.

Do I sense a screenname change in the making?? Better grab it before Egon jumps on it. ;)

Egon Spengler
08-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Do I sense a screenname change in the making?? Better grab it before Egon jumps on it. ;)
PM sent to Mary...

massacre
08-05-2010, 10:50 AM
I love these threads......so much entertainment.
They're even better on SVTP.
From time to time someone gets their SVT vehicle scratched by an errant cat and starts a thread about it.
Personally I hate cats and recommended leaving bowls of antifreeze outside for them to drink. ZOMFG the drama.......
Some of those people are just pathetic.....but full of lulz...

tbone
08-05-2010, 01:27 PM
What's this all about?
Champion of the animals are we?

Who says its "ok" to tie up a dog but "cruel" to tie up a cat?
What definition from what book do you get that from?

Unfortunately this country has all too many people jumping at the chance to defend someone/something they know nothing of...
I guess, in their twisted thinking, they feel better for "defending" things...things that dont need the help.

Do you realize that your concept of cruelty and the need to levy charges for this cruelty (that you perceive) are a projection of YOUR OPINION and NOT LAWS?

You perceive an injustice, based on your opinions, and you are going to be the hero here...Defend those poor little creatures which you have never seen or interacted with. SURELY they need you HERO. I mean, hey, you were offended by the concept of a cat on a leash- so go ahead and stamp your feet and scream of the injustice. Add to the B.S. this country suffers from.

Were you on the jury that awarded that lady MILLIONS from McDonalds when she dumped her coffee on herself and got burned? Did you feel better for defending that poor little defenseless woman against big bad McDonalds?

Take a deep breath and push it out. There, feel better now?

Go2GuyFL
08-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread ... thought this post was in similar thought:

Had to say goodbye to my friend and companion of 15 years today. Developed adult diabetes earlier this year and then, urinary infection. Lost 10% of his body weight in one week on penicillin.

RIP Casper.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs127.ash2/39694_1459710464597_1588490074 _1048418_5137027_n.jpg

Egon Spengler
08-05-2010, 01:56 PM
How can you not love my cat Winston (named after the black Ghostbuster) that smokes swisher sweets???
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/81/l_9e684555fdc5cb3db9567840fefe 06cb.jpg

boatmangc
08-05-2010, 04:09 PM
I had 2 cats that lived for 20+ years, they were great companions, they were both fixed early in their lives so they didn't spray on anything. They lived in and out with cat doors to come and go as they pleased.

If I catch the @#$% cat that is spraying on my MM wheels he is DEAD!

mcb26
08-06-2010, 03:30 AM
Sorry to hijack the thread ... thought this post was in similar thought:

Had to say goodbye to my friend and companion of 15 years today. Developed adult diabetes earlier this year and then, urinary infection. Lost 10% of his body weight in one week on penicillin.

RIP Casper.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs127.ash2/39694_1459710464597_1588490074 _1048418_5137027_n.jpg

Sorry to hear about you losing your companion. We have an 8 year old that got diabetes early this year. Got to where I had to use a shallow pan for a litter box,because he couldn't climb in a regular one. After giving him shots twice a day and putting him on a diabetic diet he's almost recovered. Originally weighted 20lbs, went down to 12 now back up to 15.

Blackened300a
08-06-2010, 07:40 AM
Sorry about your loss, but you were warned. He was clear with his intention that if he saw your cat on his property he will kill it. You then ignored the warning and sent your cat out anyway. Now you are shaking your head and pissed off that he kept his word and followed through? Yeah it was extreme blasting off a round and killing a cat but guess what? He solved the problem because Im pretty damn sure you won't be letting your cats out again!

J-MAN
08-06-2010, 08:47 AM
I have just read all seven(7)pages of postings on this thread and have come to the most determinative conclusion. I am willing to post my reasoning's subject to a reasonable fee and yes my post would be influenced by the highest bidder. No, this doesn't mean that I swing both ways.

Hey, I figure someone should come out ahead on this.

Egon Spengler
08-06-2010, 08:54 AM
[QUOTE=POPPAJ;943661Hey, I figure someone should come out ahead on this.[/QUOTE]
That's what she said!

Joe Walsh
08-06-2010, 09:48 AM
I have just read all seven(7)pages of postings on this thread and have come to the most determinative conclusion. I am willing to post my reasoning's subject to a reasonable fee and yes my post would be influenced by the highest bidder. No, this doesn't mean that I swing both ways.

Hey, I figure someone should come out ahead on this.

Perhaps we should start a poll:

o I'll shoot and kill any friggin' animal in my yard!
o I'll only shoot and kill varmints in my yard!
o I'll only shoot and kill cats in my yard!
o I'll only shoot and kill animals that leave prints on my Marauder!
o I'll only shoot and 'sting' animals in my yard with a pellet gun!
o I'll only use firecrackers to scare the SOBs!
o I won't shoot anything, but I will poison them!
o I won't shoot any animal in my yard!
o I will trap any animals in my yard and have them removed by the Animal Control board.
o I won't trap any animal in my yard!
o I'll pet and feed any animal in my yard!
o I'll adopt any animal in my yard!

That about covers the gamut of options.

Egon Spengler
08-06-2010, 10:13 AM

Last three for me!

fastblackmerc
08-06-2010, 10:53 AM

Add - Trap the animal(s) and turn them over to your local animal control officer.

Joe Walsh
08-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Add - Trap the animal(s) and turn them over to your local animal control officer.

Done!......

CBT
08-06-2010, 11:05 AM

o I will trap any animals in my yard and have them removed by the Animal Control board.
o I won't trap any animal in my yard!

*sigh* That's how I ended up with Halas.

RacerX
08-06-2010, 11:42 AM
I didn't see an option such as:

I will capture any animal found in my yard and sell it for the sole purpose of scientific testing for the betterment of mankind and to fatten my wallet. Anyone know where I can find chimps? They bring top dolla!!! :D

Spectragod
08-06-2010, 01:14 PM
I must have missed the part on dispatching the owner of said pets.

BLACKMARAUDER04
08-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Call the SPCTA and your local tv station (WGN?). Get the story out.
Force the police to file cruelty charges.

dakslim
08-07-2010, 06:56 AM
Let me begin by saying I like cats and dogs. My neighbor has two little, I'll just call them yappers. She will put them in the back yard and, wait just a minute, stop the presses! Dog owners can't hear their own dogs barking? I think I saw that on "Ripley's Believe it or not". But, I digress. She also has two cats that run freely in the neigborhood and love to lie on my porch furniture and leave behind copious amounts of fur that I have to brush off before I can sit on them. I know, the cat people will say that it's my responsibility to take in my cushions every night and put them back out when I want to sit on them again, right? What about the swing cushion that is atached to my front porch swing...hmmm, sounds like a song in the making...but again, I digress. I never saw them do it but the swing cushion has claw marks on it from something sharpening it's claws. I know, it could have been a Grizzly or some such animal but there aren't too many in Pinehurst, NC. I also feed the birds in my backyard but didn't know I'd set up cat feeders too. Bottom line, a pet is your responsibility and if you want them keep them in your yard or your home 'cause if your neighbors wanted a pet they would have gotten one!!!!!!!!!!

rayjay
08-07-2010, 07:08 AM
Joe you forgot: Trap any cat in my yard and sell same to the local Chinese takeout. One of these in the next county over was fined for "unidentifiable meat" in its cooler a couple months ago.

fastblackmerc
08-07-2010, 07:10 AM
Let me begin by saying I like cats and dogs. My neighbor has two little, I'll just call them yappers. She will put them in the back yard and, wait just a minute, stop the presses! Dog owners can't hear their own dogs barking? I think I saw that on "Ripley's Believe it or not". But, I digress. She also has two cats that run freely in the neigborhood and love to lie on my porch furniture and leave behind copious amounts of fur that I have to brush off before I can sit on them. I know, the cat people will say that it's my responsibility to take in my cushions every night and put them back out when I want to sit on them again, right? What about the swing cushion that is atached to my front porch swing...hmmm, sounds like a song in the making...but again, I digress. I never saw them do it but the swing cushion has claw marks on it from something sharpening it's claws. I know, it could have been a Grizzly or some such animal but there aren't too many in Pinehurst, NC. I also feed the birds in my backyard but didn't know I'd set up cat feeders too. Bottom line, a pet is your responsibility and if you want them keep them in your yard or your home 'cause if your neighbors wanted a pet they would have gotten one!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly!

It all boils down to responsibility.