PDA

View Full Version : Not Happy 2

harryo
12-02-2003, 09:02 AM
I am not sure why the thread was closed before i could respond, but i did send a email to the Vendor and did not recieve a reply. If i had i would not have posted, they choose not to respond.

67435animal
12-02-2003, 09:15 AM
The inserts are expensive. I installed mine in 50 degree temperatures (in the sun) on Sunday. They look great! I have pressed them every evening this week and I am certain that they will adhere just fine. If you are concerned about cold temperatures, you might try using a hair dryer to warm up the bumper surface.

BTW, I had the vinyl letters for around 20 dollars and the SS inserts look at least 4 times as good.

I'm glad I bought them.

Bob

harryo
12-02-2003, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the feedback, I really like them and can't wait to install them. I just don't like feeling like a vendor is ripping me off, if they need to make another $10 on the product add it to the price not the shipping.

Directedby
12-02-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by harryo
I am not sure why the thread was closed before i could respond, but i did send a email to the Vendor and did not recieve a reply. If i had i would not have posted, they choose not to respond.

This forum is to share the good and bad about the Marauder. Looks like you used it to bad mouth a vendor.

It is always better to keep vendor issues private - 2 sides to every story.

Logan runs a tight ship here and all the vendors seem to be stand up folks.

We once had a vendor who proved to be a jerk and he was quickly and rightfully booted.

DetGeno
12-02-2003, 09:29 AM
Who cole... that be??? Gee......let me think??? I guess I better watch my buttoms!

67435animal
12-02-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by harryo
Thanks for the feedback, I really like them and can't wait to install them. I just don't like feeling like a vendor is ripping me off, if they need to make another $10 on the product add it to the price not the shipping.

I see shipping and handling all the time when I order from Jegs. I'm just used to it. No big deal anymore.

I forgot to mention that my wife noticed the SS inserts right away and commented on how great they looked (and how lousy the red vinyl letters looked before).

Bob

2003Marauder
12-02-2003, 10:34 AM
Well, red vinyl might have looked lousy; however, the Chrome Vinyl looks excellent and is highly refective at night.

Logan
12-02-2003, 05:27 PM
Directed by, words right out of my mouth.

Email, in my opinion, does NOT qualify as contacting a vendor. For gods sakes, pick up a phone and call them at 480-614-3986!! It takes two seconds and 100% of the time resolves the issue BEFORE it gets blown out of proportion.

Please, if you're STILL not happy after actually making the effort to PHONE them, I'll personally send you $10.

Being in IT for a living, I can tell you email isn't anywhere near as effective as 2 minutes spent on the phone.

The reason it was closed the first time, is because this is a private issue between YOU and THEM.

Don't open a third thread on the subject.

barry
12-02-2003, 05:31 PM
I am sorry that you are not happy with the temperature that the inserts must be installed in. All automotive parts need somewhere close to room temp. I have been in the inserts business for around 2 1/2 years and this has never been a problem. Alot of people like them under the Christmas tree. As far as the shipping goes it cost money to do it, we hire a fullfillment center to process all our orders. They get the order, pull the order, fill the order, they label the order, and they insure the order. We promise all orders to shipped in less than 24 hours and we do it. As far as the price goes, it is published when you bought the inserts, not a surprise later. You will NOT find a better price on this quality of inserts anywhere. We do what we say and deliver quickly as promised! If you are not happy with the temperature part, call me and return them and I will refund your money 100%. Thank You, Barry