PDA

View Full Version : SSHS10 (Fat car shootout) is ON!

stumpy
08-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Nov. 6th 2010 at Atlanta Dragway... http://www.atlantadragway.com/apcm/templates/schedule.asp?articleid=34414&zoneid=38

The website should be up soon to take registration and fees. In the mean time, same format as last year, except no Pro Street class. So it's just the brackets and the Big Bog classes this year.

Let the bench racing and smack talking begin!

Who's in?

boatmangc
08-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Yeah baby, wonder what I'll break this year?

LANDY
08-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Oh yeah, I can't wait, I'm trailering my car up there this year. Thanks to john Nero now I have slicks. Let's see about high 11's.

GAMike
08-09-2010, 08:38 PM
Gary.... I think you have broke enough for all of us :P No more of that ya hear:lol:

Very much looking forward to this year. Hopefully we have as diverse a crowd as we did last year..... Maybe a couple SHO's will join us, now that they are out there too:burnout:

DOOM
08-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Is this the same as SSHS10?

boatmangc
08-10-2010, 03:36 AM
Is this the same as SSHS10?
That's it. You coming?

03mmmonroe
08-10-2010, 04:42 AM
That's it. You coming?

This will be my 7th year in a row. This year it does not fall on my wedding anniversary better for me. Will be great to see everyone again and just tying to see if I will go for the most runs or best ET for my 03 marauder. Best run to date Z-Max 4/2009, 13.89 @ 99 mph. Russ.

LeadSSled
08-10-2010, 06:01 PM
LeadSSled is in for year #9! Looking forward to seeing my MM friends again!

martyo
08-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Been there, won that!

I may have to poke the fat girl and wake her up!!!

FordNut
08-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Been there, won that!

I may have to poke the fat girl and wake her up!!!

I was planning to hit you up for a class sponsorship this year since you've got a new performance shop and all...

martyo
08-11-2010, 05:36 AM
I was planning to hit you up for a class sponsorship this year since you've got a new performance shop and all...

Remember, the new shops are always tight on money! :P

Send me a PM with the information.

Pops
08-11-2010, 06:41 AM
remember, the new shops are always tight on money! :p

send me a pm with the information.

:d :d :d :d :d

prchrman
08-11-2010, 07:21 AM
Love the event. If you have not been you need to make plans to attend. Great banter between the FOMOCO, Chebby and Pentagon crowds. It is just amazing what some on here have done with a 281 ci motor in a 2 ton car.

jowhite77
08-12-2010, 11:10 AM
If my vic has it's new motor and converter in by then I will so be there.. Hoping to break into the mid to low 14's..

stumpy
08-18-2010, 03:17 PM
Bracket classes have been re-defined, and pre-registration for racing is now open! Take a look... http://www.sshs10.com/about-sshs.html

Also, we have a very generous offer by Impala racer Don L, who said he will refund the race fee's for one lucky racer who qualifies for either of the two heads up classes. So don't be afraid to step up and run with the big dogs. You never know what might happen at these things, parts break, and the fastest car does not always win.

So who's in?

MM03MOK
08-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Updated the subforum header to SSHS10 and moved the current threads from Events to the SSHS10 forum.

:D

FordNut
08-18-2010, 03:46 PM
Updated the subforum header to SSHS10 and moved the current threads from Events to the SSHS10 forum.

:D

Thanks Mary...

And a great big THANK YOU to MercuryMarauder.net for supporting SSHS10 by being a sponsor!

GAMike
08-18-2010, 05:49 PM
Thanks Mary...

And a great big THANK YOU to MercuryMarauder.net for supporting SSHS10 by being a sponsor!

+2 Brian..... Even in these difficult economic times mm.net is steadfast in their support.:bows: Thank you guys:banana2: Now all you jokers better bring your "A" game:burnout::burnout:(:Pnot that I have anything for ya..... Just tryin to stir the pot is all)

stumpy
08-18-2010, 06:25 PM
Just to clarify about the refund of the entry fee noted above.

Predator-Racing.com is sponsoring a RAFFLE to reimburse one lucky racer's entry fee providing he or she qualifies for either of the two heads up classes. The names of all those that qualify to be in the PS and BD heads up classes will go into a hat, one name will be drawn, and that persons race entry fee will be reimbursed.

We really hope to see a full field of 16 cars for each of the heads up classes this year. For anyone that has not been to an SSHS, the heads up classes are a lot of fun to enter and to watch. It's also infinitely better when there is a full field of cars!

Donny Carlson
08-23-2010, 06:11 PM
My leave for November 6 was approved today, so I will be attending, AND racing my Challenger! Brian, I don't know if you were kidding about the Mopar liason thing, but I would be happy to promote this across Mopar boards to draw in SRT Challengers, Chargers, Grand Cherokees, 300C's and Magnums. Magnums are some fast sumbiches.

I can probably bring over two members from the Birmingham Mopar club, maybe I can get it made into an official BMOC event.

In any event, I'm there!

Brian, do you have my email address?

FordNut
08-23-2010, 06:46 PM
My leave for November 6 was approved today, so I will be attending, AND racing my Challenger! Brian, I don't know if you were kidding about the Mopar liason thing, but I would be happy to promote this across Mopar boards to draw in SRT Challengers, Chargers, Grand Cherokees, 300C's and Magnums. Magnums are some fast sumbiches.

I can probably bring over two members from the Birmingham Mopar club, maybe I can get it made into an official BMOC event.

In any event, I'm there!

Brian, do you have my email address?

I was very serious, and it's great that you can bring in some more attendees from the Mopar enthusiasts.

I don't have it, shoot me an email and I'll pass on your addy to the committee.

Midlifecrisis
08-24-2010, 04:41 PM
Man i was sure hoping they'd drop the bracket racing and go for more of a "Run what ya brung" type of event. Oh well, i'll be there. Hopefully in a CV.

FordNut
08-24-2010, 05:08 PM
Man i was sure hoping they'd drop the bracket racing and go for more of a "Run what ya brung" type of event. Oh well, i'll be there. Hopefully in a CV.

Run Big Dog class!

Paul T. Casey
08-24-2010, 05:15 PM

You can set up any "grudge match" you want in the run all day lanes. Call anyone out you want here, or on the impala site. I'm sure someone will take you up. You can also race folks for "certificates of performance" if you like.

cougar9150
08-26-2010, 10:33 AM
I'll definitely be there but I'm not sure about racing yet. I'm planning on hit Sunshine and Bradenton to pop my cherry so I can get some time behind the wheel at the tracks. I don't want to embarrass myself because I don't know what I'm doing at an official event.

Brakes and suspension will be done soon and I'll be ready to roll. Just will need to get the tune tweaked a little to make sure everything is ready.

Pops
08-26-2010, 10:44 AM
No need to worry about being embarrassed at this one! Just come and race plus have a good time. Plenty of us will goof up. If you get lose you can play in the run all day lanes plus do some grudge racing.:)

cougar9150
08-26-2010, 03:06 PM
No need to worry about being embarrassed at this one! Just come and race plus have a good time. Plenty of us will goof up. If you get lose you can play in the run all day lanes plus do some grudge racing.:)

Oh the losing part I don't mind, I just don't want my virgin trip down the 1320 to be at an event such as this where I know some big dogs will be out to play. :bows:

I'm sure I'll still be figuring things out by then but I know launching on a prepped track is much different than the street and want to have a little practice ahead of time. Never been down the 1/4 mile behind the wheel and want to make a decent showing 1st time I meet up with you guys outside of Florida.

I may even have a set of slicks at that time but need to find some 17"x9" rims for the Mickey Thompsons my buddy is going to lend me off his Vette. I also see I'll need a helmet along w/a few other odds and ends to meet the safety inspection requirements.

I'm almost ready to start racing :banana:

LANDY
08-26-2010, 04:20 PM
Oh the losing part I don't mind, I just don't want my virgin trip down the 1320 to be at an event such as this where I know some big dogs will be out to play. :bows:

I'm sure I'll still be figuring things out by then but I know launching on a prepped track is much different than the street and want to have a little practice ahead of time. Never been down the 1/4 mile behind the wheel and want to make a decent showing 1st time I meet up with you guys outside of Florida.

I may even have a set of slicks at that time but need to find some 17"x9" rims for the Mickey Thompsons my buddy is going to lend me off his Vette. I also see I'll need a helmet along w/a few other odds and ends to meet the safety inspection requirements.

I'm almost ready to start racing :banana: i got you on the helmet, and the slicks can always be swaped.:burnout:

cougar9150
08-27-2010, 10:08 AM
i got you on the helmet, and the slicks can always be swaped.:burnout:

The slicks I might take you up on but it looks like I need a helmet for the local 1/8 mile track. My buddy Kevin is really sure I'll be faster than the 8.80 requirements and said I should pick one up.

GAMike
08-27-2010, 06:00 PM

+2 Its a good time and the experienced folks are very informative...... I took my first formal runs at this event, and got alot of advice from Paul Casey. Pops et al. + You will make more horsepower in early November as our cars love the weather this time of the year.:burnout:

LANDY
08-28-2010, 01:18 AM
W
The slicks I might take you up on but it looks like I need a helmet for the local 1/8 mile track. My buddy Kevin is really sure I'll be faster than the 8.80 requirements and said I should pick one up.
Well, they are both at your will as you know.
We are going to have some fun in the fall.

stumpy
09-13-2010, 06:05 PM
Hey, are any of you Marauder guys and gals going to race this year? So far the Impala crowd has you all outnumbered, big time... http://sshs10.com/roser.html

If you can't figure out how to register at the site (about as easy as falling off a log), then post here and I'll update the roster. Just read the instructions, I need car, best time and race class info.

MarauderTJA
09-13-2010, 06:55 PM
I am working on it. Just wish there were more heads-up classes besides big dog. Not a bracket guy. If I can go, it will have to be big dog where I will not have a prayer except to better my personal best.

stumpy
09-13-2010, 07:31 PM
I am working on it. Just wish there were more heads-up classes besides big dog. Not a bracket guy. If I can go, it will have to be big dog where I will not have a prayer except to better my personal best.

We tried a 10.90 index last year, just no interest. You could run the 12.0 Index. It's heads up on a pro tree, but you can break out if you run under 12.0.

That said, don't think you can't win the Big Dog. The faster they are, the faster they fall. There's one guy that comes every year and runs mid 9's during qualifying, but almost never survives breakage to make round 1 of eliminations. I'm running the BD class, and who knows, it could be me and you in the finals, and you'd be going down! :nos:

MarauderTJA
09-13-2010, 07:38 PM
We tried a 10.90 index last year, just no interest. You could run the 12.0 Index. It's heads up on a pro tree, but you can break out if you run under 12.0.

That said, don't think you can't win the Big Dog. The faster they are, the faster they fall. There's one guy that comes every year and runs mid 9's during qualifying, but almost never survives breakage to make round 1 of eliminations. I'm running the BD class, and who knows, it could be me and you in the finals, and you'd be going down! :nos:

Oh I hear ya. You never know what can happen. Thats drag racing. I was there and did well in SSHS8. Have personally lost 65 lbs, so "I" am lighter. And the car has had a couple of slight improvements:rolleyes:. I WILL beat my personal best, but going down to a Chevy, naw......:lol:

youngrauderlvr
09-24-2010, 02:42 PM
It says it is a "Private event". What does that mean? I would like to go, not to race but to watch.

martyo
09-24-2010, 02:52 PM
who knows, it could be me and you in the finals, and you'd be going down! :nos:

There ya go dreaming again Glenn!

MarauderTJA
09-24-2010, 03:28 PM
There ya go dreaming again Glenn!

:laugh:

Ya man, you'd be dreaming for sure ^^^^^^^listen to the man:D

FordNut
09-24-2010, 03:47 PM
It says it is a "Private event". What does that mean? I would like to go, not to race but to watch.

Spectator tickets available at the gate.