PDA

View Full Version : MV8 Car Show

MM03MOK
08-20-2010, 11:08 AM
Attached you'll find the judging sheet, which will be very helpful in your car preparation for the show.

Blackened300a
08-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Who are our judges for this year?

SC Cheesehead
08-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Who are our judges for this year?

http://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:7hH8zCHoCyk5HM::x trvaluedvds.com/images/the-three-stooges-2.bmp&h=94&w=128&usg=__vF3fGIku9jml1mK6Jip5aQQU UhA= (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://xtrvaluedvds.com/images/the-three-stooges-2.bmp&imgrefurl=http://xtrvaluedvds.com/the-three-stooges.html&h=469&w=640&sz=880&tbnid=7hH8zCHoCyk5HM:&tbnh=100&tbnw=137&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dthree%2Bstooges%2 Bphotos&zoom=1&hl=en&usg=__e8aQ8odcLpnuv522LbwEw61K TWg=&sa=X&ei=Os9uTKrgPNCJnQf1jLGsCA&ved=0CBgQ9QEwAQ)

J/K

Actually, we'r getting some knowledgeable Ford gearheads from the greater Charlotte area, along with our (former) resident MM guru to do the judging.

Will be very fair and impartial, guaranteed.

Bluerauder
08-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Attached you'll find the judging sheet, which will be very helpful in your car preparation for the show.

I may just pass on the car show. Certainly hope that this is not going to be another 20-30 minutes white glove inspection of each car like at MV 7. And I don't want ANYONE poking s#!* under my hood with a stick. Some of these cars are travelling 600, 700, up to 1,200 miles on the highway. Probably in the rain for half the trip.

Personally, I think that the checklist is way too much overkill. The Carlisle format seems to work well.

JMHO.

Blackened300a
08-20-2010, 12:01 PM
Personally, I think that the checklist is way too much overkill. The Carlisle format seems to work well.

JMHO.

Thats how my local car shows judge. Peoples choice. Nothing beats the opinion of a Marauder then from a fellow Marauder owner.

Mr. Man
08-20-2010, 12:45 PM
Our car was a daily driver for 6 years no way we can compete with the likes of Doom and the rest of the show queens. We'll join you Charlie from the sidelines.

merc
08-20-2010, 02:23 PM
Our car was a daily driver for 6 years no way we can compete with the likes of Doom and the rest of the show queens. We'll join you Charlie from the sidelines.

I think show Kings is a better choice. :) You been hanging around too many Gay bars :beer: Mr Man.

fastblackmerc
08-20-2010, 02:27 PM

I may just pass on the car show. Certainly hope that this is not going to be another 20-30 minutes white glove inspection of each car like at MV 7. And I don't want ANYONE poking s#!* under my hood with a stick. Some of these cars are travelling 600, 700, up to 1,200 miles on the highway. Probably in the rain for half the trip.

JMHO.

Everyone should show their MM. Mine's a daily driver and I won Best of Show at Marauderville V in Hagerstown.

Going out on a limb here...... but I'm sure 2 or 3 people will not win all the awards.

Joe Walsh
08-20-2010, 02:33 PM

JMHO.

I agree with Charlie, and I won't be able to attend, so....just my 2 cents:

That sheet reads almost like a 'Concours' Car Show.

I keep my Marauder super clean, but I'm afraid of that judging sheet.
Not enough time or energy to clean everything on my car.

Mr. Man
08-20-2010, 02:46 PM
I think show Kings is a better choice. :) You been hanging around too many Gay bars :beer: Mr Man.
Aw come-on you said you had a good time last time we went out:lovies:

breeze
08-20-2010, 03:06 PM

i drove my car thru the snowstorms, in the rain, sat thru halestorms, sits in the sun aswell as a tree everyday. I doubt the Beauty Queens have put there cars thru that! My car is to look good and haul ass, beauty padgents are nice but not for me! :P

Blackened300a
08-20-2010, 03:19 PM
Is there a SC and NA class?

SC Cheesehead
08-20-2010, 06:20 PM
Is there a SC and NA class?

Best N/A 1st & 2nd place
Best S/C 1st & 2nd place
Best of Show 1st & 2nd place
People's Choice Award 1st & 2nd place

Plus a non-Marauder class as well.

FWIW, the judging format that's being used is one borrowed from the Impala SS guys, they've used it for years with success.

As for judging based on the format we're using, NOBODY is going to be able to max out on score, no sense worrying about that. The intent is to make an equal, objective tool for the judges to use. We also wanted something we can use for judging that will be fairly quick; it can't take all day, as we need to head to CMS right after lunch, so the judging will go fast.

I watched Paul, Jake, James, and a couple other guys prepping their cars for last year's show, my guess is that if you put the same effort in to prepping for the show this year as you did last year, you'll be very competitive.

If you don't want to participate in the car show, that's of course up to you, but it will be a darn shame if you don't. MY :twocents: worth. ;)

Ladyhawke
08-20-2010, 06:44 PM
Everyone should show their MM. Mine's a daily driver and I won Best of Show at Marauderville V in Hagerstown.

FYI, MV5 was participate voting not judges.

Ms. Denmark
08-21-2010, 06:22 AM
Mary, thank you for posting the car show judging criteria. We had intended to participate not knowing it would be judged as a bona-fide car show. (You'd think I would have remembered last year in Indy! LOL) There is no way our well driven daily driver can, or should, be placed on the same show field as those who truely maintain their cars for serious shows. It wouldn't be fair to them (or us). Too much road rash, needs new brakes and windshield not to mention a paint job! Although we have retired it and plan to fix the cosmetic issues, it won't be ready for this event. For now, we'll just enjoy showing it at our local cruise nights. Best of luck to all who really are able to compete! :beer:

fastblackmerc
08-21-2010, 06:29 AM
Mary, thank you for posting the car show judging criteria. We had intended to participate not knowing it would be judged as a bona-fide car show. (You'd think I would have remembered last year in Indy! LOL) There is no way our well driven daily driver can, or should, be placed on the same show field as those who truely maintain their cars for serious shows. It wouldn't be fair to them (or us). Too much road rash, needs new brakes and windshield not to mention a paint job! Although we have retired it and plan to fix the cosmetic issues, it won't be ready for this event. For now, we'll just enjoy showing it at our local cruise nights. Best of luck to all who really are able to compete! :beer:

Oh, Come on......

I'll even help you detail it. Check with Marauderman on my detailing.

Show it anyway, you never know.......................

dakslim
08-21-2010, 07:05 AM
Oh, Come on......

I'll even help you detail it. Check with Marauderman on my detailing.

Show it anyway, you never know.......................

Ya gonna help me too?:confused:

TooManyFords
08-21-2010, 07:08 AM
I don't think *anyone* will get points for the rear window wiper cowl area!

:P

SC Cheesehead
08-21-2010, 09:05 AM

JMHO.

I agree with Charlie, and I won't be able to attend, so....just my 2 cents:

That sheet reads almost like a 'Concours' Car Show.

I keep my Marauder super clean, but I'm afraid of that judging sheet.
Not enough time or energy to clean everything on my car.

i drove my car thru the snowstorms, in the rain, sat thru halestorms, sits in the sun aswell as a tree everyday. I doubt the Beauty Queens have put there cars thru that! My car is to look good and haul ass, beauty padgents are nice but not for me! :P

FYI, MV5 was participate voting not judges.

Folks, I think you're really over-reacting to this.

1. This is a judging format. It's being used to provide an objective evaluation that is quick and easy to apply. It's being used so that we DON'T have a repeat of last year's "marathon" judging exercise.

2. We're not looking for and don't expect to be judging 'Concours' show cars! That's not the intent of the judging format. To repeat: The judging format that's being used is intended to provide an objective evaluation that is quick and easy to apply. If all the cars being shown have some scratches or swirls, or other cosmetic items, they'll all be in the same relative scoring range, much like our teachers used to do when they graded tests "on a curve."

3. If your car isn't 100% spotless in some areas, that doesn't mean you're out of contention. Not hardly. NOBODY is going to be able to max out on the score sheets, nor do we expect them to. With the exception of two guys, everybody's going to be driving at least 100 miles to attend, and as far as I know, we all drive our cars on a regular basis; that means we're all going to be judged under the same conditions. I'm not aware of any "trailer queens" that are coming in specifically for the car show, so what's the worry?

4. Anybody that's competed in past MV car shows knows the routine as far as cleaning and detailing, and the same holds true for this year. Like any other show, attention to detail is important; and we're using a judging format that enables judges to OBJECTIVELY evaluate that attention to detail. Look at it this way: Would you prefer a judge evaulating you car as "really clean" or one that can assign points to quantify how clean it really is?

5. There is a People's Choice award, as in the past. The attendees will get to vote on their favorite car, just as we've done at past events. Also, there will be a "Best Display" category, so those folks that have a great overall presentation will have that taken into consideration, just as we've done in the past.

6. One last thing (then I will get off my soap box). MV car shows used to be about getting together, showing off your car, meeting and talking to fellow Marauder owners. Are we now getting to the point that all that stuff is no longer important, and it's only the awards that we attend for? If that's where we've really gone, then IMO, it's a pretty sad statement for the MM community.

Ms. Denmark
08-21-2010, 09:36 AM
With all due respect Rex, this "car show" as outlined, means critical judging against specific criteria, as well it should. It is a competition. I simply know my car is unworthy of being "shown' and I will not waste the judge's time (or frankly mine). It's not about the trophies per se, but clearly the point is to award trophy's to the cars that can score points. Mine cannot. I realized I was waaaaaay out of my league at last years car show. :o Had I been smart enough to figure that out in time, I would not have embarrassed myself LOL! Those who can compete should do so and let the best Marauder win! I'll be cheering from the sidelines. Not over reacting........just being realistic!:D We are certainly looking forward to the best part of Marauderville.......seeing everyone again.......that is for sure!!!!

fastblackmerc
08-21-2010, 09:59 AM
Ya gonna help me too?:confused:

Sure.

fastblackmerc
08-21-2010, 10:00 AM
folks, i think you're really over-reacting to this.

1. This is a judging format. It's being used to provide an objective evaluation that is quick and easy to apply. It's being used so that we don't have a repeat of last year's "marathon" judging exercise.

2. We're not looking for and don't expect to be judging 'concours' show cars! That's not the intent of the judging format. To repeat: The judging format that's being used is intended to provide an objective evaluation that is quick and easy to apply. If all the cars being shown have some scratches or swirls, or other cosmetic items, they'll all be in the same relative scoring range, much like our teachers used to do when they graded tests "on a curve."

3. If your car isn't 100% spotless in some areas, that doesn't mean you're out of contention. Not hardly. Nobody is going to be able to max out on the score sheets, nor do we expect them to. With the exception of two guys, everybody's going to be driving at least 100 miles to attend, and as far as i know, we all drive our cars on a regular basis; that means we're all going to be judged under the same conditions. I'm not aware of any "trailer queens" that are coming in specifically for the car show, so what's the worry?

4. Anybody that's competed in past mv car shows knows the routine as far as cleaning and detailing, and the same holds true for this year. Like any other show, attention to detail is important; and we're using a judging format that enables judges to objectively evaluate that attention to detail. Look at it this way: Would you prefer a judge evaulating you car as "really clean" or one that can assign points to quantify how clean it really is?

5. There is a people's choice award, as in the past. The attendees will get to vote on their favorite car, just as we've done at past events. Also, there will be a "best display" category, so those folks that have a great overall presentation will have that taken into consideration, just as we've done in the past.

6. One last thing (then i will get off my soap box). Mv car shows used to be about getting together, showing off your car, meeting and talking to fellow marauder owners. Are we now getting to the point that all that stuff is no longer important, and it's only the awards that we attend for? If that's where we've really gone, then imo, it's a pretty sad statement for the mm community.

+1!!

I don't do car shows for the trophies, I've been to many many shows where I didn't win a thing. I go to show off my Marauder and to meet others that have a passion for their cars. I also get some good tips & ideas.

Bigdogjim
08-21-2010, 12:13 PM
I think we should have a "dirty" marauder award that way I can win:)

Pat
08-21-2010, 12:54 PM
Although I won't be able to come this year, I have participated in various car shows that were participant judged or with dedicated judges.

While I did win occasionally, I enjoyed prepping my car and looking, discussing the science/secret of detailing with the other entries. It was fun if you just put it in perspective.

Bluerauder has a worthy car so I would encourage him and others to participate in support of our club functions.

Drag racing is a little different since mechanical breakage car occur. In a car show there really is no down side, your car gets a beauty treatment regardless.

We're all Doom's tools anyway, so let's get out there and show the colors, Silver Birtch, Black, Deep Toredor Red, and Blue (the least of all colors).

Maybe Louisville?

Bluerauder
08-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Although I won't be able to come this year ...

Sorry to hear this Pat. Was looking forward to seeing you and Patricia again. Understand that you gotta take care of things on the home front.

DOOM
08-21-2010, 01:48 PM
You guys are waaaayyyyy over thinking this!

Enter your cars and have some fun!

That's the whole point of this!

fastblackmerc
08-21-2010, 02:13 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Exactly!

Ms. Denmark
08-21-2010, 04:09 PM
Sorry to hear this Pat. Was looking forward to seeing you and Patricia again. Understand that you gotta take care of things on the home front.^^^Ditto Pat! We'll miss you.

guspech750
08-21-2010, 05:08 PM
I remember when I used to take my Camaro SS to ChevyVette Fest, I was docked point for having dust on the top of the rear leather seats. I was told it did not come from the factory like that. And they tried to tell me my oil filter was wrong too and I had to prove to them that my mobile oil filter was correct since my car was ordered with the oil cooler and synthetic oil package which was an option for the SS in 1997. Some judging is a complete joke.

frdwrnch
08-21-2010, 06:49 PM

Spot on Dude!

Bluerauder
08-22-2010, 04:21 AM

Are you planning on being there at MV8? Time is running out to get booked at the hotel and registered for the events.

J-MAN
08-22-2010, 05:58 AM

I gotta agree with DOOM here. Forget the judging sheets and just enjoy spending some quality time cleaning up your Marauder. You'll be judged against cars from our family so don't get stressed out, enjoy. So what if you don't win a trophy, just enjoy the experience.

Sorry I won't be able to make it to MV8, guess I'll have to apply another coat of wax to the trophy I won at Carlisle. :D

Charlie, I just used the judging sheets and applied them to how I remember your BLUE and you got 837 points! Added points for you being a nice guy.

Ms. Denmark
08-22-2010, 07:13 AM

That's the whole point of this!Well Jake, I will be there to enjoy my fellow members cars......and you know I always have fun! :P :D

Marauderman
08-22-2010, 09:14 AM
We are down to 3 days --after that any registrants will lose out on our HUGE discount at the HILTON---..So for those on the fence--

Hurry and fall our way and quickly..........

SC Cheesehead
08-22-2010, 09:15 AM
Well Jake, I will be there to enjoy my fellow members cars......and you know I always have fun! :P :D

What, Doomie gonna be a "no-show TiTo" for MV8??? :eek:

Marauderman
08-23-2010, 04:16 AM
:bump::bump::bump:

We are down to 3 days --after that any registrants will lose out on our HUGE discount at the HILTON---..So for those on the fence--

Hurry and fall our way and quickly..........

Bigdogjim
08-23-2010, 10:12 AM
What, Doomie gonna be a "no-show TiTo" for MV8??? :eek:

Don't worry Rex more cookies and ribs for us:) :drool:

Ms. Denmark
08-23-2010, 02:06 PM
Don't worry Rex more cookies and ribs for us:) :drool:Chocolate chip OK with you boys? :)

Bigdogjim
08-23-2010, 03:07 PM
:bows:
Chocolate chip OK with you boys? :)

:up:

COOKIES

SC Cheesehead
08-23-2010, 03:13 PM
Chocolate chip OK with you boys? :)

Chocolate Chip??!! WOOT!! :bounce: :banana2::bounce: :food: :banana:

Marauderman
08-25-2010, 04:22 PM
OK folks......

Cause some of you are dragging your whatever to make a decision....

We have wonderful news...........

We have been successful in extending the registration to save you big bucks

till 9/3/10--------

SO.....we did our part------come on --do it--MVVIII cannot be repeated!!

Motorhead350
08-31-2010, 06:55 AM
If I win best of show at anytime in my life, it's a wakeup call to drive the car more.

dakslim
08-31-2010, 07:53 AM
If I win best of show at anytime in my life, it's a wakeup call to drive the car more.

Hey, Motorhead...what's a Ramble?????

CBT
08-31-2010, 07:59 AM
#42 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showpost.php?p=951462&postcount=42) http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/buttons/report.gif (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/report.php?p=951462)
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/statusicon/post_old.gif 08-31-2010, 06:55 AM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/image.php?u=858&dateline=1273730570 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=858)Motorhead350 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=858) http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif
It's Still Rock N' Roll To Me
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/ranks/star.gifhttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/ranks/star.gifhttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/ranks/star.gifhttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/ranks/star.gifhttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/ranks/star.gif

(http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/itrader_feedback.php?u=858)
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/misc/im_aim.gif

What do you drive, an Echo?

Motorhead350
08-31-2010, 08:20 AM
Fixed.........

fastblackmerc
09-05-2010, 06:58 AM

#42 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showpost.php?p=951462&postcount=42) http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/buttons/report.gif (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/report.php?p=951462)
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/statusicon/post_old.gif 08-31-2010, 06:55 AM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/image.php?u=858&dateline=1273730570 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=858)Motorhead350 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=858) http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif
It's Still Rock N' Roll To Me
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/ranks/star.gifhttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/ranks/star.gifhttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/ranks/star.gifhttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/ranks/star.gifhttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/ranks/star.gif

(http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/itrader_feedback.php?u=858)
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/misc/im_aim.gif

What do you drive, an Echo?

No, you just have to spend more time detailing it.

1stMerc
09-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Chocolate chip cookies!!!! Yummmiie for my Tummmmie....

thathotrodlincn
09-07-2010, 03:30 AM
Chocolate chip cookies!!!! Yummmiie for my Tummmmie....

:D Got milk?

SC Cheesehead
09-07-2010, 04:52 AM
:D Got beer?

Fixed it for ya! :D ------> :beer:

CBT
09-07-2010, 04:54 AM
Beer AND cookies?! I may have to show up to this MV gathering!

SC Cheesehead
09-07-2010, 04:55 AM
Beer AND cookies?! I may have to show up to this MV gathering!

From past experience, show up early if you want cookies...:D

thathotrodlincn
09-07-2010, 04:59 AM

Thanks!!! I need all the help I can get, and then some

SC Cheesehead
09-07-2010, 05:01 AM
Thanks!!! I need all the help I can get, and then some

Wait til you get to MV, all kinds of "help" available.... ;) -----> :D

CBT
09-07-2010, 05:02 AM
From past experience, show up early if you want cookies...:D

MAPQUEST says 5 hrs 44 mins. I don't think so. :burnout:

Bluerauder
09-07-2010, 05:13 AM
MAPQUEST says 5 hrs 44 mins. I don't think so. :burnout:

Are you taking US 58 to I-85 at South Hill, VA? I think that FreddieH is coming that way from Delaware and through the Chesapeake Bay Bridge/Tunnel.

We will probably stop at the Cracker Barrel at the intersection of US 58 and I-85 between 12:00 and 1:00 PM for lunch.

CBT
09-07-2010, 05:20 AM
Are you taking US 58 to I-85 at South Hill, VA? I think that FreddieH is coming that way from Delaware and through the Chesapeake Bay Bridge/Tunnel.

We will probably stop at the Cracker Barrel at the intersection of US 58 and I-85 between 12:00 and 1:00 PM for lunch.

That will be my route, you are correct, but i'm not leaving work till 2 so you will be ahead of me by an hour or two. Maybe. :cool:

Bluerauder
09-07-2010, 05:29 AM
That will be my route, you are correct, but i'm not leaving work till 2 so you will be ahead of me by an hour or two. Maybe. :cool:
Think I will be about 4 hours ahead of you when you get to South Hill, VA and I'll already be checked in at the hotel and sipping cold ones near the pool. :D

CBT
09-07-2010, 05:30 AM
Think I will be about 4 hours ahead of you when you get to South Hill, VA and I'll already be checked in at the hotel and sipping cold ones near the pool. :D

There's a pool?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!!?!?!? Oh it's on, sailors love water!!!!!!!!

Bluerauder
09-07-2010, 05:45 AM
There's a pool?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!!?!?!? Oh it's on, sailors love water!!!!!!!!

Pic #15 of the hotel tour >>>> http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/CLTHUHF-Hilton-Charlotte-University-Place-North-Carolina/photoGallery.do?ctyhocn=CLTHUH F

Ms. Denmark
09-07-2010, 06:18 AM
Chocolate chip cookies!!!! Yummmiie for my Tummmmie....I've got some with your name on them, Waymon!

:D Got milk? No, but we've got Rebel Red. ;) And someone mentioned beer....

Beer AND cookies?! I may have to show up to this MV gathering! Won't be a party without you, Casey.

From past experience, show up early if you want cookies...:D Baked several dozen and they're packed and ready to go.......that is if I can keep Mr. Man's mitts off of them. LOL!

SC Cheesehead
09-07-2010, 06:29 AM
I've got some with your name on them, Waymon!

No, but we've got Rebel Red. ;) And someone mentioned beer....

Won't be a party without you, Casey.

Baked several dozen and they're packed and ready to go.......that is if I can keep Mr. Man's mitts off of them. LOL!

Uh-oh, I better stop at the store on the way up and pick up a couple packages of Chips A'Hoy.....;)

Ms. Denmark
09-07-2010, 06:42 AM
Uh-oh, I better stop at the store on the way up and pick up a couple packages of Chips A'Hoy.....;)Don't worry Rex....I packed you up your own cookie tin full and hid them. But you better come see me as soon as we arrive to take custody or I can't be responsible for their continued safety.;)

rayjay
09-07-2010, 07:47 AM
I'll be throwing a 3-0 on ice at 0300 eh. :D

Ken
09-07-2010, 08:34 AM
Pic #15 of the hotel tour >>>> http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/CLTHUHF-Hilton-Charlotte-University-Place-North-Carolina/photoGallery.do?ctyhocn=CLTHUH F Pic #19 shows our LCR table already set up...:woohoo:

Ken

Ms. Denmark
09-07-2010, 09:01 AM
FYI Was just on the phone with the hotel and was able to upgrade to the Executive level with a lake view room which includes breakfast daily, appetizers in the evening and all day access to water/soda/snacks for an extra $20/night. Thought it was too good to pass up! Anyone else upgrade? We're silver HiltonsHonors.

fastblackmerc
09-07-2010, 09:54 AM
FYI Was just on the phone with the hotel and was able to upgrade to the Executive level with a lake view room which includes breakfast daily, appetizers in the evening and all day access to water/soda/snacks for an extra $20/night. Thought it was to good too pass up! Anyone else upgrade?

I'll be there... $9.00 per night.... I'm a Hilton Honors Gold Member.