PDA

View Full Version : The Damage Done...

vaderv
12-03-2003, 02:25 PM
I've finally had enough. Most will understand some wont. It doesnt matter. Some say that Logan and his cronies can do what they want with their websight and we can argue the semantics of that all day but I for one have had more than enough of he and one of his modereratetors bellittling of people with what I think most of us consider legitimate concerns with certain vendors. These vendors only happen to be the paying ones. This point is important. by that I mean that if Mercury wanted to get rid of any negative posts on the MM all theyd have to do is pay him some cash. That is not how this site is marketed. I'm also quite fed up with the few people on this board who feel the need to suck his a** everytime he or they go off on one of their holier than thou diatribes. The man preaches respect but gives none unless hes paid to. To put is simply Logan is a pimp, a liar and a contemptuousy rude son of a canine. Please ban me from this farce. It was nice meeting most of ya! se ya around...

Ross
12-03-2003, 02:41 PM
Hmmm, I can only assume that Logan has pulled a couple of Vader's posts. All I can say is, I have expressed some good and some bad things here, and none of my posts has ever been pulled, so I can't imagine Logan would take down posts without some legitimate cause.

martyo
12-03-2003, 02:42 PM
What did I miss????

DEW34
12-03-2003, 02:47 PM
yeah ditto on that martyo

bob35222
12-03-2003, 02:48 PM
Well, there are other forums if anyone doesn't like this one. If it should ever happen that something here is not to my liking I'll leave. I don't know as I have too many "rights" here as I haven't paid one penny for reading or posting but certainly have derived a lot of value from the discussions. quite abit negative and useful about the Marauder like the wiring chafing thing which reminds me to leave work early (now) and finish what i started on that little problem this weekend. All the best to the great posters here and thanks for the site Logan.

vaderv
12-03-2003, 02:49 PM
Here comes the brown nosin. I am not mad for myself.

MAD-3R
12-03-2003, 02:52 PM
Ok Vaderv, What happened. I don't miss much, But I seem to have missed this.

bob35222
12-03-2003, 02:54 PM
yeah, what's up, I haven't been around long enough to see many posts pulled but they seemed to have more to do with style and tone than substance?

Macon Marauder
12-03-2003, 02:59 PM
dayum!
Only thing I've seen recently was that little skirmish regarding the SS inserts. That can't be it, can it?

I musta missed something too...

Ross
12-03-2003, 03:03 PM
I must have missed the skirmish about SS Inserts. Vader, instead of posting something which we can't understand (and therefore can't possibly agree with), why don't you calmly explain what happened, give your side of the story, and let us all decide for ourselves. I've never seen Logan pull down a post which was posted in that way, no matter what the person's opinion is. Just my .02.

vaderv
12-03-2003, 03:04 PM
I have never personally had any prob with vendors. I'm tired of the childish way people who do are treated. also I have had one post pulled had to do with texas oil politics....go figure.

Smokie
12-03-2003, 03:11 PM
vaderv. I don't know what made you angry, and some points you made I agree with, Logan can be rude, Logan can be arbitrary and Logan also has made it possible for this site to exist and I am grateful for that, First and foremost it is his WEBSITE and this is not a democracy it is a dictatorship of sorts.
There are people that back up Logan no matter what he does or says and yes that can be construed as ass kissing or it could also be that they are grateful for the fact this GREAT forum exist. Logan is a human being; not everything he says is right or I agree with. Try to work thru your anger and resolve this. This is a good solid valuable forum worth being a part of.
Logan calls the shots right or wrong. However it does not give him the right to insult or ridicule it's members. Don't expect Logan to be perfect, no one is. I have been a member for almost 1 1/2 years, most of the time he does the right thing and I am grateful for that... do not confuse this with ass kissing, if you do you have missed the point.

vaderv
12-03-2003, 03:16 PM
Smokie this site was and is "marketed" as an ethusiasts forum. The only reason I personally have not had problems with any vendors is that I dont do business with one that you ladies and gents have had probs with. As for this dictatorship Ive voiced my opinion and thats that. One should not type what one would not say in person. Its childish.

Ross
12-03-2003, 03:25 PM
Vader, once again I (and maybe others) can't tell what this is all about. You are obviously mad about something Logan has done on this board, but we can't tell what it is. Tell us so we can either get mad, too, or tell you that we disagree with you. If you consider it to be a$$ kissing just because someone disagrees with you, sorry about that, my friend.

Bigdogjim
12-03-2003, 03:48 PM
Well what ever it was it sure ticked him off:mad:

See Ya!

Petrograde
12-03-2003, 04:01 PM
.....sigh,.....

here we go again.

Marauderer
12-03-2003, 04:05 PM
It is hard sometimes to deal with the whole "if you don't like it you can change the channel" routine and the constant this is his, he can do what he wants" theme. And yes, I have seen my fair share of mistreatment and later it did get better; it is the Internet you know and it leaves a lot of room for misunderstanding.

However, with every endeavor there is a point at which the creation outgrows the person that started it. This site has become one of those things and while someone has to "own" it and "run" it, it "in a way" also belongs to the community that makes it possible. A community, which by the way doesn't need an appointed leader defacto or not; just a place to be. I think things have gotten better than they were in the past, but there are times that I would still like to see a little less ego in what is said and done around here as frankly I didn't come here in the first place, nor do I stay because of one man or his toys; I stay and enjoy the "community".

On a lighter note, it is a tough job keeping things civil and he does a good job of that, but I have to imagine it also comes with a ton of stress that would get the best of us. Every man has his good days and his bad!

I say, take a day or two off, then come back and look at things again once you have cooled down and it might not be so bad.

Edited:

And hey, since this is the Internet, don't take this post the wrong way. Whether it sounds it or not I mean it to be constructive to some and helpful to others.

Logan
12-03-2003, 04:33 PM
On second thought...

All I really have to say is...

You're entitled to your opinion. Sorry to see you go.

Some people can't handle the civility I demand on the forums. That's ok.

As for being rude, a dictator, doing stuff for money, etc etc...

Well, yes. I'm arrogant, I'm arbitrary and I like to make money. Can't argue with any of that.

Seems to me, some of the most powerful and smartest people on the planet fit that same description. So I guess I'm at least in good company.

Honestly, folks, I can't possibly please everyone so I all I can do is say, "Sorry, see ya later."

Thread, completed.

Edit: Ummm, for the record though, I don't consider myself a liar and honestly have never been involved in prostitution. That was uncalled for. I'm hurt. :alone: