PDA

View Full Version : Special Marauderville Guest

SC Cheesehead
08-25-2010, 04:36 AM
Steve Babcock's coming to MV8!

Just received word this morning that Steve Babcock and his lovely wife will be joining us again this year for Marauderville.

For the newer members not familar with him, Steve was the Project Engineer for the Marauder program and is considered the "Father of the Marauder".

We're not going to put Steve to work this year, so he'll be available for photo ops, to sign autographs, or just to hang out and "talk Marauder" with everyone.

For anybody sitting on the fence about attending MV8, take Steve's appearance into consideration and get yourself registered, today! 15 -20 minutes talking with Steve on the Marauder backstory is worth the price of admission alone!

GAMike
08-25-2010, 04:42 AM
:banana2:This great news SC....... I had the pleasure of meeting Steve at the 2007 Woodward Dream Cruise. You are absolutely right. Speaking with Steve at Woodward was a fantastic experience. I learned alot, and I am sure others will as well.

Ms. Denmark
08-25-2010, 04:43 AM
That's good news Rex! Would Steve be willing to do a presentation on the Marauder project as part of our scheduled activities? It was nice to meet him last year, but I had hoped for an informational Q&A session. I bet others would also find it interesting. JMHO.

SC Cheesehead
08-25-2010, 05:18 AM
That's good news Rex! Would Steve be willing to do a presentation on the Marauder project as part of our scheduled activities? It was nice to meet him last year, but I had hoped for an informational Q&A session. I bet others would also find it interesting. JMHO.

We don't have anything formal planned with him, but if I'll bet if a couple of us got together and asked him to sit down with us for a Q&A session, he'd be pleased to do so.

If there's interest, we'll get something going, and we can post up a notice or make an announcement as an "event update" during the weekend.

MM2004
08-25-2010, 05:57 AM
I was fortunate enough to meet Steve and his wife ay MV7, and having a sit down chat with Steve about the MM was very interesting to say the least.

Very popular with the group to have Steve sign the fuse box cover.

Remove the cover, find Steve, have a silver paint marker in hand.

Nextel. Done.

:D

BTW...

The 'lighter' color MM's came to fruition for the people out west and black cars not being very popular due to climate/heat.

True story.

Mike.

Vortex
08-25-2010, 06:43 AM
Great news!

Bluerauder
08-25-2010, 08:12 AM
That's good news Rex! Would Steve be willing to do a presentation on the Marauder project as part of our scheduled activities?
Steve Babcock provided his take on the "Marauder Story" and handled a Q&A during the Breakfast Banquet at Marauderville III in August 2005. I found it to be very informative.

RF Overlord
08-25-2010, 10:21 AM
Rex, that's fantastic news. :woohoo:

I've been fortunate enough to meet Steve a couple of times, most recently at MV7, and he is not only hugely informative, he's an all-around nice guy. This really is the "icing on the cake"... :D

Mr. Man
08-25-2010, 10:35 AM
Rex, If it's possible to have Steve do a Q/A at some point I think that would be a great idea. I never got the chance to talk with him last year at MV 7 as he was mobbed. I'd be willing to bet if he did a short 10 minute talk he could answer most questions he will be answering 20 or 30 times otherwise. Then if he took some Q/A to answer the more ubiquitous questions he might have more time to enjoy the sites w/o everyone constantly pestering him. JMHO:)

Marauderman
08-25-2010, 04:15 PM
Rex, If it's possible to have Steve do a Q/A at some point I think that would be a great idea. I never got the chance to talk with him last year at MV 7 as he was mobbed. I'd be willing to bet if he did a short 10 minute talk he could answer most questions he will be answering 20 or 30 times otherwise. Then if he took some Q/A to answer the more ubiquitous questions he might have more time to enjoy the sites w/o everyone constantly pestering him. JMHO:)

Not sure at this point if he will be going to the Friday night Drags -but if not he might be available for those hanging around............and surely for Saturday evening--when most of all will be socializing in the lot--for sure---

Motorhead350
08-26-2010, 02:17 PM
The day he signed my car was the day I found out the law couldn't catch me that night! :)

Taemian
08-27-2010, 09:32 PM
Could somebody video any chat session he may give? I thought he had his own forum here but never answered any questions?!:(:bigcry:

MM03MOK
08-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Could somebody video any chat session he may give? I thought he had his own forum here but never answered any questions?!:(:bigcry:
That's on the Motor City Marauders website.

FastMerc
08-28-2010, 05:35 AM
Steve Babcock provided his take on the "Marauder Story" and handled a Q&A during the Breakfast Banquet at Marauderville III in August 2005. I found it to be very informative.
Yes I was there for that,lots of fun and informative a great guy to talk to.Unfortunantly I will miss this year due to work.I am greatly upset over this :mad2:

Bluerauder
08-28-2010, 06:01 AM
Unfortunately I will miss this year due to work.I am greatly upset over this :mad2:

Sorry to hear this Mark. :( Knew that you were trying to work the issue through your work. Guess it didn't pan out in your favor. See ya at Carlisle or maybe Louisville too.

FastMerc
08-28-2010, 06:37 AM
Sorry to hear this Mark. :( Knew that you were trying to work the issue through your work. Guess it didn't pan out in your favor. See ya at Carlisle or maybe Louisville too.
OH you know it already planning it! :)

Taemian
08-28-2010, 06:39 AM
That's on the Motor City Marauders website.
Geez, that's how long I've been away from MM sites. I'm so confused.:o