PDA

View Full Version : Announcement- Dennis Reinhart's New Installment- Signature # 7 Supercharger-Oh Yeah!

Marauderman
12-03-2003, 05:39 PM
SECRET IS OUT-MARAUDERMAN TO RECEIVE THE SIGNATURE # 7

Originally, I had planned to make this announcement after taking delivery on the 17th of Dec., but a significant tranny discovery in my old tranny caused me to consider my fellow board members modded cars and thus inform you all sooner--so --without further a'do.....

Like a proud PaPa, I am please to announce that I will be taking delivery on the 17th of Dec. of Dennis Reinhardt's Signature # 7 Vortec Supercharger. My package will come with the S/C, large tranny cooler, complete tranny upgrade to handle the upgraded power , MMTX Driveshaft, Viper Alarm, Remote Starter, and Certified Dino results stipulating it's " NEW POWERPLANT" results.

Excited-- How do you explain in words what I've been waiting for for 35 years-- I'll let your own minds conclude that answer!!!

All this culmulated in Atlanta during the "Dino with Jerry" on Nov.14-15. I was always leaning towards and working up to a S/C but wasn't sure when nor what would make me dive over the point--well, I was very fortuniate to not only meet so many wonderful people but also drive sevaral S/C MM's--anyway-

I decided to go with Dennis Reinhardt's package for many reasons--besides all the ones most all know Dennis, his most meaningful to me is his consistant preseance of wanting to make the customer satisfied, willingness to talk on any subject at any time and to produce a package to your particular wants--and of course his complete willingness to do what is necessary for the customer. In addition, he backs up everything he does and sells and seems to always answer the phone when you call him--and THAT SECREET TOO IS OUT BELOW-- which further explains / shows his desire to " not miss a call"== Ms. marauderman and I were able to tour his shop in Fla, and see his Dino , meet his staff. They were also curteous and helpful. I also noticed customers arriving for "quick" info answers from Dennis who walks in and out of his shop with his cell phone hanging off his wrist practically--it nevers seems to stop ringing while we were there--it is most dificult to maintain a conversation with all you folks calling--good for Dennis!!-- More later-- now the Tranny--

Dennis called me( see what I mean) to explain that the oem tranny he took out was all apart inside and would not have lasted probably another 30 days--there were parts broken--and loose in the tranny and --well--- this tranny is not the best that Ford could have installed --so take it from there--the purpose of me reporting this is to aleart all that you may want to consider a biopsy check of yours--My tranny did not nor had not indicated any problems prior to it's removal for the S/C upgrade-- I only had a stage I for the most part and only 9100 clicks on her--go figure and it was not run hard--- so let your concious be your guide--just want to get the message out FYI-

Meanwhile--Timing is everything they say also and I am so fortuniate that my timing was on cue--don't care whose cue either---so my count down is now at 14 days--I just cannot stand the waiting--

PS- I'm hopeing for about 430-440 RHP with about 8 to 9.5 boost-- Like I said---It's been a long wait-----and that ain't whistling Dixie either !!

Tom

CRUZTAKER
12-03-2003, 05:46 PM
OH MY! That sounds....how do I say...pricey? I'm jealous!:P

I figured Dennis would be the first to design a tranny mod....you folks are pumping mass quanities of torque thru these factory trannys, and we all know that they just weren't designed with that in mind.

Bravo! Kudos! ....and touche'!

I just like saying touche! :)

BTW: get a couple jars of ponds, and oil of olay......cause all that smiling is gonna cause premature wrinkling:D

Agent M79
12-03-2003, 05:50 PM
This is the first Carolina Marauder with a supercharger, yes?

Congrats Marauderman! Can't wait to see it! January 10th at the latest!

P.S.: I never would have guessed!

Bigdogjim
12-03-2003, 05:50 PM
Good job! Enjoy the new found power..................

Now we'll never get the simle off your face:):):):):)

Marauderman
12-03-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Agent M79
This is the first Carolina Marauder with a supercharger, yes?

Congrats Marauderman! Can't wait to see it! January 10th at the latest!

P.S.: I never would have guessed!

1st -not sure- but maybe- Jan 10th--you betcha!!-- guess my hints got out of control!!!!!

Help me count down---can you say 14!!!

martyo
Originally posted by marauderman
I was very fortuniate to not only meet so many wonderful people

For those of you that don;t know, that would be me that he is talking about! :D

Just kidding! Congrats Tom!!!

Logan
VERY cool! Congrats!!!

SergntMac
Bravo! I can't wait! Pretty soon, there's going to be more supercharged MMs here than not. Congrats, Tom, I'm very happy for you.

Smokie
12-03-2003, 06:20 PM
I can only imagine how excited you must feel, this may be the best Christmas you have ever had, enjoy it in good health.:beer:

Marauderman
12-03-2003, 06:44 PM
Thank you all -- Actually it was each of you and many others that has helped me thru to this point--(remember --this was the car that came back from the grave )---I truly appreciate each and every one of you as friends --and to think, a car has caused this to happed to bring us all together and have such a bond--thanks-
it's great to know you all-

I want to especially thank my good friend who really got me going unknowlingly--Todd (TAF) -- Can't wait to share my new smile ride with you driving-- Tom

cyclone03
12-03-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by marauderman
SECRET IS OUT-MARAUDERMAN TO RECEIVE THE SIGNATURE # 7
- now the Tranny--

Dennis called me( see what I mean) to explain that the oem tranny he took out was all apart inside and would not have lasted probably another 30 days--there were parts broken--and loose in the tranny and --well--- this tranny is not the best that Ford could have installed --so take it from there--the purpose of me reporting this is to aleart all that you may want to consider a biopsy check of yours--My tranny did not nor had not indicated any problems prior to it's removal for the S/C upgrade-- I only had a stage I for the most part and only 9100 clicks on her--go figure and it was not run hard--- so let your concious be your guide--just want to get the message out FYI-

Tom

This really bothers me.
You had no problems you could detect while driving,but had broken pieces in the transmission?
I hope Dennis can shed a lot more light on this.

dok
12-03-2003, 07:58 PM
Tom

Way to go. I also am looking forward to seeing it on the 10th of January.

BTW, you didn't hide your secret very well, I told my wife last night exactly what you were going to do (other than the tranny-didn't know about that).

Bob Mathis
12-03-2003, 08:12 PM
Great Tom, I'm glad for you on the kit and glad that Dennis found the trans. issue also. I know you will sleep better knowing that it will be fixed.

TAF
12-03-2003, 08:31 PM
You ARE the man, Tom!!!

I can't wait to see her!!!:up:

jgc61sr2002
12-03-2003, 08:35 PM
Tom - Congrats on the DR install. You will probably have the fastest Marauder in N.C.:D :coolman: :up:

Marauderman
12-03-2003, 09:32 PM
Will get specifics from DR and post tranny finding he found for all -hopefull tomorrow--just couldn't remember the specifics he call out to me this morning ....unless he should read this and post before me--

Marauderman
12-03-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by cyclone03
This really bothers me.
You had no problems you could detect while driving,but had broken pieces in the transmission?
I hope Dennis can shed a lot more light on this.

DR identified broken conditions--don't know if he can say one way or another what caused or causes it but it just may have been that lemon in so many 1,000 that decided to do it's thing--it's been mentioned that the OEM is not Fords best tranny from others--so --still I'll see what specs I can get ----Tom

Dennis Reinhart
12-03-2003, 09:47 PM
I will take pictures of the old parts, the snap ring came off the Mechanical Diode assembly and it also burn up the clutches, now this was a N/A car till Tom brought it to me, now you see why I say no matter who's kit you buy you better up grade the transmission. So what started out as a upgrade became a full blown rebuild, with in 30 days I will have replacement Transmissions for sale witha 1 for 1 swap, and Jim O'Niel will have two built motors for me, that I am going to have for sale as well.

DetGeno
12-03-2003, 09:54 PM
Congrats on the S/C! Anyone who can one afford it, and two the luxury to drive all year long w/o snow I am very jealous of. The Trans issue doesn't sound like a lot of fun, I am now at 8,300 clicks and if the trans goes out I guess I'll be getting a new one with my 6yr/100,000 warrantee, maybe they'll upgrade it to the 4W75 like the 04's instead of the 4W70 like the one's we currently have.

Marauderman
12-04-2003, 04:01 AM
See folks--Dennis's reply just re-inforces the comfort level you get with dealing with him-- not guessing with him when he says something-- if he's seen it, felt it or experienced it--- you'll know about it---

SO again-- all may want to re-think again your position on getting your tranny looked "into"...hopefully this incident will help you in your decision process and it further explains why I'll be drvinging # 7 in my announcement.

Tom

kurly
12-04-2003, 11:46 AM
Tom, congrats!
:up:

Ross
12-04-2003, 12:19 PM
1. Super congratulations on your SC!

2. Dennis, should there be any signs we should watch for in case something weird like that is going on inside our trannies?

Is a tear down the only way to check for this problem, or are there any diagnostic tools to use?

ChuckB
12-04-2003, 12:26 PM
Tom,

as the owner of the #2 kit i'm sure you'll enjoy it. not to bad for a christmas present.

one thing of recommendation brake upgrade is essential if you intend to drive it with spirit. 4200lbs just doesn't stop well with the current setup from speeds.

deerejoe
12-04-2003, 12:32 PM
This revelation regarding marauderman's transmission condition is not so surprising when you look at the mods he had to date prior to the present rework being done to the vehicle.

ANY (power train) modification potentially jeopardizes the OEM parts.
FOMOCO is not altogether biased toward modifications...their engineers understand design limitations and therefore place the onus upon the owner for compliance to Warranty terms and conditions.
The Warranty can also be viewed as the "catch-all" of design/assembly anomoly's within the scope of their (Ford's) perusal.

The vehicle owner has a narrow path by which to modify or otherwise re-design 'his' vehicle to personal whim's.

Marauderman
12-04-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by ChuckB
Tom,

as the owner of the #2 kit i'm sure you'll enjoy it. not to bad for a christmas present.

one thing of recommendation brake upgrade is essential if you intend to drive it with spirit. 4200lbs just doesn't stop well with the current setup from speeds.

ChuckB-- See my sig--have installed the Baer Claws--Thanks for the heads up though-- must talk to you some more --since we have similar --later--Tom

TAF
12-04-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by deerejoe
This revelation regarding marauderman's transmission condition is not so surprising when you look at the mods he had to date prior to the present rework being done to the vehicle.

FOMOCO is not altogether biased toward modifications...their engineers understand design limitations and therefore place the onus upon the owner for compliance to Warranty terms and conditions.
The Warranty can also be viewed as the "catch-all" of design/assembly anomoly's within the scope of their (Ford's) perusal.

The vehicle owner has a narrow path by which to modify or otherwise re-design 'his' vehicle to personal whim's.

I would tend to agree with you if there hadn't been a change in tranny for the '04 model. Obviously...a concern was identified and the remedy was to "beef-up" the tranny for '04.

Marauderman
12-04-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by deerejoe

My mods were basic stage 1 which significant owners here have
also installed on their MMs--- thus my reference to point out the tranny reference--just the same---the tranny was not abused in my case and could have developed without the mods--in any case I understand your point-- and I choose to go "mod" and ignore the warranty due to no car value after it's wreck---there are others here who have experienced problems unrelated as well and not has a result of any mods --so being mechanical in nature--anything can break for any reason regardless ---Yes - it's an Owners choice--but should be done with due regard of his intentions with the car and events surrounding his car...

I personally have abused tranny far worst than this one and w/o problems- the mods should have had no effect in my opinion-

Tom

TripleTransAm
12-04-2003, 01:20 PM
I guess the question that everyone's really trying to formulate here is: has anyone with a completely bone-stock Marauder come in for first time work and noticed this kind of damage?

or...

Has anyone with no mods at all ever have tranny failure in this manner?

I also am interested in knowing if there are any symptoms that can indicate impending doom before things actually fail, without having to tear down the tranny.

Smokie
12-04-2003, 02:24 PM
Burnt clutches should release particles that you can find in the fluid, the color and odor of the fluid should offer some clues with this type of damage, I can't account for this much damage and no driving symptoms, I don't repair transmissions for a living; I am expressing an opinion.

Hemlock
12-04-2003, 03:31 PM
SANTA REALLY DID HEAR YOUR NEEDS , CHEERS!!

Marauderman
12-04-2003, 03:46 PM
And from what has been discovered( tranny) not to soon either---Thanks for the congrats--All of you--

As already mentioned-- I've always wanted this --but the car actually got it on its own-- in a way--the other insurance ( from wreck) help give this car back a life it deserves from all the wreck abuse it got--BTW--frame and engine and tranny was un damaged in wreck--so can't go there--anyway

The car is getting it's just reward in other words---I'm just there to help it enjoy it's own pleasure in the reward---ya'll believed that don't ya???-Tom

gonzo50
12-04-2003, 03:53 PM
marauderman (Tom), congrats on your new found joy, hope everything works out the way you expect it to.

I'm at 9550 miles now and all is good, but I've noticed since the MMX driveshaft install that I hear this high pitch tone when the tranny shifts from gear to gear, real noticeable from first to second shifts at moderate accelerations. Maybe it's due to the smoother operation of the driveshaft. :confused:

Marauderman
12-04-2003, 04:13 PM
gonzo50-

Great to meet you while in Alt in Nov during the "Tune" event--

I wish I knew more about trannys but I'm clearing my throat so to speak and it should not be on my problem list any longer--however-- from all this I can only say that if Iwas reading all this from the other side, I would try and see what it would take to have a tranny looked at--$$ wise--just to be safe--check around--go shopping for this cost activity--I was lucky with my timing--

And thanks for the congrats---Hope to meet again--maybe in Alt again.............Tom

Marauderman
12-04-2003, 06:10 PM
Ok --you knew this was coming-didn't you---today is 13

TripleTransAm
12-04-2003, 07:30 PM
Good point on the tranny fluid, Smokie. I wonder if there's a place that analyzes tranny fluid as they do engine oil?

sailsmen
12-04-2003, 07:43 PM
Do you know if the clip in the trans came unclipped?

Zack
12-04-2003, 07:46 PM
Its about time!!!
Congrats and feel free to call me anytime with questions.
Zack

Marauderman
12-05-2003, 04:59 AM
Zack--Believe me--you are among those I've got listed if I have questions--Thanks for the congrats--

BigMerc
12-05-2003, 05:34 PM
I got a question, how did you come up with signature #7? how are they being numbered? i think I know of like 11-12 kits so far, so fill me in I missed some information somewhere

Marauderman
12-05-2003, 06:24 PM
Signature means "He" installed them--he can sell ( mail/ship) a lot of kits--as you say--but this is his installment at his shop, by him and will be signed as such. --Tom

BigMerc
12-05-2003, 07:34 PM
AAAH ok now I'm with you!!!, mine is there now. Sounds like we're getting pretty close to the same stuff installed. If you get a chance see if you can get a look at the marbled black finish he's putting on the metal, looks very nice, he also had one in a blue color too. I went with black because it looks so good.
I got the trans overhaul too, get the trans cooler too if you can it'll be a life extender. got the "real gauges trio too.

Marauderman
12-05-2003, 07:45 PM
BigMerc--

AAAH so yours and mine is there together!! Cool- Will pick up mine on Dec 17th--- maybe yours is the 6th or the 8th--???hummmm..when will yours be ready for pickup ? and BTW --got tranny overhaul w/cooler-(have you not been reading) , with gaudes, lights, shaft, auto start , and Viper alarm---got a week and a half left--may call him for more--hummmm...

BigMerc
12-05-2003, 08:38 PM
Mines been there since Oct 7th, did you have red SSinserts if so saw them working on it today. I got billet oil gears and a HD triggerwheel along with exhaust, the gears gave a problem as they were on backorder had to wait, should move along quickly now, mine should be done the 12th-14th

Marauderman
12-05-2003, 09:37 PM
BigMerc-

Yes-- mine has the Red Inserts--be nice if we could meet same day--17th-- anyway-- pm me with you installs and pkg your getting-- --seems now I remember you mentioning stopping by for our meet on the 13th--now I now why/how--FYI-- Use to live in Manassas- was a member of local VFD there-- Tom

BigMerc
12-05-2003, 10:11 PM
I don't think that was me, but your setup looks good, you got the black marble finish too, they were doing the wiring on it today, the whole package looks like its a factory job under the hood.
total items I am getting are: the S/C kit, billet oil pump gears, HD triggerwheel, ceramic manifolds and exhaust system w/ X pipe. the trans overhaul, MM driveshaft, trans cooler, brake upgrade and the 3 "real" gauge set up, already had the 4:10s.

Like I said there were no billet gears available for a while so I have been waiting, Dennis was getting it back together today.
He should be finishing it up, end of next week (hopefully)

I also got the front engine cover and valve covers done in that marble finish too, should be a good looker.

I don't believe you can beat the setup Dennis puts on our cars, just too much research put into it.

Marauderman
12-06-2003, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by BigMerc
I don't think that was me, but your setup looks good, it today, the whole package.

Your right---I was thinking of "merc" who is from Manassas--Sorry

Dennis Reinhart
12-10-2003, 04:23 PM
Well Toms car is done I will dyno it tomorrow, and have the viper alarm installed and the remote start, This is Steven's Motor I pulled it and installed the Billet oil pump gears and trigger wheel and crank shaft gear, so while the motor was out I sent the valve covers out and had them powder coated Silver Vain black, Toms car has the intake pipe and after cooler done in this paint scheme also I think it looks good, tell me what you think

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/lf.jpg.jpg

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/front.jpg.jpg

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/rf.jpg.jpg

Dr Caleb
12-10-2003, 04:27 PM
IMHO :up: :rock:

jgc61sr2002
12-10-2003, 04:34 PM
Dennis - Sure looks good.:up:

CRUZTAKER
12-10-2003, 04:41 PM
Wowww! Wait till Petro sees this. Very nice Dennis.

gonzo50
12-10-2003, 05:01 PM
Dennis, I like that Silver Vain Black powder coat scheme you've done, it's different. :up:

Marauderman
12-10-2003, 05:47 PM
I don't suppose my charger's look is still a secret anymore--huh--still different -but hey--there is still more not told by Dennis---yep-not gonna tell ya either--enuff has been said already for goodness sakes!!!

Bigdogjim
12-10-2003, 05:51 PM
Nice touch sets it apart from the others :):):)

BigMerc
12-10-2003, 06:05 PM
I like it, I also saw the pieces in blue with that marbled look to it looked pretty nice too, i'm betting thats magazine material sooner or later.

frdwrnch
12-12-2003, 02:17 PM
Looks good, and better yet, looks easy to maintain a nice finish!