PDA

View Full Version : marauder exhaust systems

NOTMYBOAT
12-03-2003, 11:23 PM
Does anyone have a preferred exhaust system for the marauder?

clark

BillyGman
12-03-2003, 11:31 PM
I just installed on my Marauder, as did other members on this board, which I described in the thread that's also located in this same forum("Kook's exhaust"). Ckeck it out. That isn't your only option, but it is my choice, and that of some other members(however not all of them). But for increased HP, you will NOT beat this system that I refer to in that other thread, unless you run open headers which ofcourse isn't adviseable for the street.

Ross
12-04-2003, 08:34 AM
NOTMYBOAT, there is the Kook's system like Billy said, and Dennis Reinhart also has a ported exhaust which some members have used, and which also is far better than the factory system. I'm about one inch away from buying the Kook's system, just waiting to see if I get that Christmas bonus or not!

TripleG
12-04-2003, 09:55 AM
I purchased Dennis system. I'm getting install hopefully next week. Going over to my machanic tonight to discuss the system. Kooks are headers, Dennis System uses coated Cobra manifolds. I been told Dennis's system is much easier to install and should produce about 35 hp. So that is why I purchased it. I'm looking at changing mufflers. Has anyone heard of Aero-Turbine mufflers? http://www.aero-turbine.com/index.html

BillyGman
12-04-2003, 11:14 PM
will always be easier to install than long tube headers are. That's just the way it is. But the only reason why some guys put up w/the extra hassle of the header installation is because of the greater HP gain that you get w/headers.

Bigdogjim
12-04-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by NOTMYBOAT
Does anyone have a preferred exhaust system for the marauder?

clark

Depens on what your looking to gain:):)

There are many threads just do a search:)

Ross
12-05-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by BillyGman
will always be easier to install than long tube headers are. That's just the way it is. But the only reason why some guys put up w/the extra hassle of the header installation is because of the greater HP gain that you get w/headers.

Not only the greater HP, there is the "cool" factor involved. I've never had a car with headers, and one way or the other, this is going to be the one! OK, if that's a little childish, I admit to being in my second childhood with this car!