PDA

View Full Version : Today's Armchair Racing

Vortex
08-29-2010, 08:26 PM
A great day to watch racing on the tube, first I watched F1 at Spa (my very favorite F1 track) and it was a heck of a race with on and off raining. Love watching those cars fly down then up thru Eau Rouge. The I watched the Nationwide race in Canada, I think Montreal, man a heck of a race at the end. I was pulling for Robby Gordon but he ran out of gas and then it was a duel between Mad Max Papis (a nice guy) and Boris Said (a guy who has taught most NASCAR regulars how to drive a road course). Anyway, Boris pulled it out after a couple of wild passes by him and Papis. I always liked Boris too, been around a long time now and it was his first Nationwide win. Almost makes up for that fine performance yesterday by my Cowboys.

Blk Mamba
08-30-2010, 05:05 AM
Boris also did well in the Rolex series, the day before.

Black Dynamite
08-30-2010, 01:03 PM
I'm right there with ya, I accomplished absolutely nothing on Sunday.

I think Jenson Button showed some pretty good composure in the interviews after Vettel's stupidity.

Then MotoGP which was actually a pretty boring race.

The ALMS race at Mosport was pretty friggin awesome too. I don't like that they had to end the race early but the action up until that last wreck was excellent.

de minimus
08-30-2010, 05:14 PM
The nationwide race was indeed in Montreal. I was hoping for Villeneuve - would of been a nice win for him on his hometown track and the one named for his father. Great race nevertheless. Nascar is so much more interesting (IMO) on tracks where they have to turn the wheel both ways.