PDA

View Full Version : Machete (the movie)

Go2GuyFL
09-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Don't miss it!!! The most fun you'll have with your clothes still on. Just don't bring anyone under 21. Can't wait to the soundtrack is available.

W8cCzltPD6Y

tbone
09-07-2010, 05:20 AM
lmao...............

sailsmen
09-07-2010, 05:42 AM
Most movies I watch spew hate against white male conservatives.

The Other Guys shows a photo of Justice Scalia and tells us the crook hangs out with him. The crook gives a speech at the American Capitalism Institute.

In Witch Mountain the evil guy holds the stars of the movie indefinitily and with out charges under the Patriot Act.

The remake of the Manchurian Candidate Cpaitalism is the enemy. In the original it was Communisim.

In a Disney movie we are told the Indian is one with the horse and the white man forces the horse to work for him. The Spainards brought the horse to North America.

How were white male conservatives portrayed in this movie?

LANDY
09-07-2010, 05:53 AM
Hmmm.... its just a movie.

sailsmen
09-07-2010, 05:57 AM
Answers my question.

Is Propaganda just Propaganda?

If these are just movies then why the political messages? What relevance did showing a pic of Justice Scalia possibly have to the movie the Other Guys?

PonyUP
09-07-2010, 06:15 AM
Not everything is a conspiracy to depict either liberals or conservatives as evil doers. Most the time things like a picture are just a joke. Since Hollywood is mostly liberal, conservatives become the butt of the joke. But I highly doubt there is some deeper message in a comedy like "the other guys" although to be fair I haven't seen. I think most movies depict politicians as a whole as evil, you always have to have a white hat and a dark hat. Just my opinion

sailsmen
09-07-2010, 06:21 AM
Not a conspiracy. Many in Hollywood are inserting anti Conservative messages and portray white male conservatives as evil in their movies, movies that are comedy, drama, spoofs and childrens movies.

Nobody laughed at the pic of Justice Scalia.

I pay to go to a movie to be entertained. I can get all the political stuff for free. Looks like I will not be seeing Machetee.

RF Overlord
09-07-2010, 06:33 AM
Fun trivia fact: Danny Trejo, who plays the lead character, is also the voice of Enrique on "King of the Hill".

J-MAN
09-07-2010, 06:58 AM
I'll have to see this one! Looks more like a comedy! Don't think I'll be sitting near any Poly Si majors. :D

rayjay
09-07-2010, 07:38 AM
I think seeing Lindsey Lohan aunataural would be worth the price of admission. But, I'm a dirty old man :D

CBT
09-07-2010, 07:39 AM
I think seeing Lindsey Lohan aunataural would be worth the price of admission. But, I'm a dirty old man :D
You can google that stuff for free. So I've heard.

Go2GuyFL
09-07-2010, 07:52 AM
I hope not to give any spoilers; however, it's half-way thru the movie you realize it is a total SPOOF!!! Everybody's hands are dirty ... politicians clearing way for illegals to make it into country to traffic drugs for profit to build electric super-fence to keep illegals out to limit drug trafficking to keep price on street high for increased profit to back politicians.

Some of the fight scenes are not unlike Canon Ball Run, Any Which Way But Loose or Blazing Saddles. Just a more modern version of what could be in East LA!!!

It seems to me the days of "America vs descendants of Arabs" is over. The good guys are still American mercenaries only now they going up against drug lords in underprivileged countries, hence The Expendables.

PonyUP
09-07-2010, 07:55 AM
I hope not to give any spoilers; however, it's half-way thru the movie you realize it is a total SPOOF!!! Everybody's hands are dirty ... politicians clearing way for illegals to make it into country to traffic drugs for profit to build electric super-fence to keep illegals out to limit drug trafficking to keep price on street high for increased profit to back politicians.

Some of the fight scenes are not unlike Canon Ball Run, Any Which Way But Loose or Blazing Saddles. Just a more modern version of what could be in East LA!!!

It seems to me the days of "America vs descendants of Arabs" is over. The good guys are still American mercenaries only now they going up against drug lords in underprivileged countries, hence The Expendables.

Thats a pretty good and accurate summary of Hollywood today. The early part of the decade was about how evil the arabs were, and now it seems to be the trend of making mercenaries the hero's. These things always come in cycles, next will be a flurry of stories about beating the system, then back to internet terror, then chemical warfare, then back to vietnam, then back to mob movies. The one constant, is that politicians are always evil.

BTW, just saw "The Expendables" and I thought it was awesome. Made in foundations of BS, but still fun none the less

tbone
09-07-2010, 09:32 AM
And the King of political statement, anti-whitey, anti-capitalism, bleeding heart, Hollywood liberal, make me projectile vomit movies is, drumroll please.........

Go2GuyFL
09-07-2010, 10:17 AM
Machete quote:
"There's the law ... and then, there's what's right. I'm going to do what's right."

Haggis
09-07-2010, 10:32 AM
And the King of political statement, anti-whitey, anti-capitalism, bleeding heart, Hollywood liberal, make me projectile vomit movies is, drumroll please.........

Was not the hero a white Marine.(?)

CBT
09-07-2010, 10:34 AM
I thought it was a tree.

MM2004
09-07-2010, 10:35 AM

Yep!

And a very good movie IMO.

Mike.

Blackened300a
09-07-2010, 10:57 AM

She used a body double and strategic ways of covering up. Google can find better pics.

tbone
09-07-2010, 12:03 PM

Yeah, a liberal one.:lol:

Hello!?

ctrlraven
09-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Fun trivia fact: Danny Trejo, who plays the lead character, is also the voice of Enrique on "King of the Hill".
Hmmm, didn't know that. I've always liked Danny Trejo as an actor.

Mac-MerC
09-08-2010, 11:27 AM
its a good ass movie, i would see it again
hilarious and over the top action packed

tbone
09-08-2010, 12:55 PM
The movie was good. Just sappy.

Blackmobile
09-09-2010, 08:31 PM
I'd say it was a better version of "Kill Bill". I like at the end the say ""Watch for the sequel "Machete Kills", and then the next sequel is "Machete Kills Again"". This movie was great entertainment.....Blood & Guts (and he really uses some guys guts) Guns, Girls with guns & in heels, Modified cars & bikes, well known cast, comedy, not to mention nudity :P, Chivalry, and stupidity. This movie is Testosterone at it's best. :beer: