PDA

View Full Version : "Crown Vic losing throne" article in local paper

Go2GuyFL
09-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Flagler/Volusia County Police Departments discuss swapping out Crown Vics with Blues Brothers quote and factual history:
http://www.news-journalonline.com/news/local/flagler/2010/09/07/crown-vic-losing-throne.html

Krytin
09-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Now that they can't have it any more people are saying nice things about it.
Too late.

Hacklemerc
09-07-2010, 01:30 PM
I know I'm sad to see the Vic go. My first squad car was a beat to crap 05 Vic. The car looked like it had been put through hell but ran better than the depts two wImpalas and the Dodge Intrepid we had.

tbone
09-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Not only the most dependable, but definitely the meanest/nicest looking squad car in history!

Jeronimojc
09-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Too bad. It was because I liked my Crown Vic so much that I ended up with a Marauder.

FordNut
09-08-2010, 06:57 AM
Title is all wrong

Crown Vic "losing" throne?

No, Ford is stepping down from the throne and giving it away.

kernie
09-08-2010, 07:15 AM
Title is all wrong

Crown Vic "losing" throne?

No, Ford is stepping down from the throne and giving it away.

I agree, there is room for the only remaining big rear wheel drive sedan that the police and cab companies want. Jeez you can't even buy a crown vic or GM here in Canada, why the heck not? They get better gas mileage that the zillion monster pickups everyone wants to push out the door, the plant makes money, the workforce and plant are in place, i just don't get it.

Can anyone tell me why this move makes sense? If you want this car but can't have it you probably switch to another car maker, fusion?, taurus?, yuck imo.

:beer:

FordNut
09-08-2010, 08:07 AM
I see another big jump in pickup truck sales soon. Heavy duty, full frame, rear drive, live axle, V-8 power.

kernie
09-08-2010, 08:34 AM
I see another big jump in pickup truck sales soon. Heavy duty, full frame, rear drive, live axle, V-8 power.

Yes i guess the big pick-ups and SUV's is where you go if you don't care for the compact "full size" sedans out there. I'm just not into trucks.

Lucky for me i'm set for a long time with my MM. :banana:

LSp8
09-08-2010, 09:15 AM
When It comes to the Big Body car game all we can look forward to now is the Charger/300 and the 2012 Chevy Caprice, and believe it or not the Hyundai Genesis. At least they have to balls to build RWD cars unlike Ford who just wants to sell POS Fiesta's and BS all day and piss people like us off. Ford is more than capable of producing a CV with the new 5.0 and a redesign of the panthers but what do they do.....Replace our beloved cars with the Taurus and MKS lol. Looks like the Marauder is the last (newest) Ford car I'd buy.