PDA

View Full Version : Android phones

SID210SA
09-09-2010, 10:45 AM
So I am new to the android phones....I just got a Galaxy S phone, its a Samsung Captivate...First of all I love this phone...So I am just getting into the apps and finding lots of cool ones, like:

Scanner Radio (listen to police, fire, ems all over the country), Lightsaber (StarWars), Barcode scanner (scan anything with a barcode and get product information) , Compass (self expl.), Ilighter (looks and functions like a real lighter), Instant Heart Rate (Check your heart rate), Radar Now (check your local radar), Espn Sports Center (get scores for your favorite teams) and quite a few others....

My favorite so far is the TiKL....its a touch to talk...like a walkie talkie...pretty freggin cool...

yall found any that you like??

Mike

TiTo35
09-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Advance Task Killer
Astro
Bump
Fring (kinda shaky though)
Layar
Trapster
Wheres my droid (my fave right now)
Handcent

illwood
09-09-2010, 11:41 AM
I also got into Android phones recently. I have the HTC EVO myself.

I like a lot of the Google apps:

Earth
Goggles
Google Sky Map
Places

I like Shazam for audio tagging and Trapster for speed trap locating. Oh yeah, Pandora is a great app for streaming audio.

I'm hoping that Skype gets released for all carriers soon because that would make my front facing camera and kickstand more useful.

illwood
09-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Oh, I forgot that I was going to try out "Remote Notifier." It made the front page of Android Central and it is a free app that links your phone to your PC so that you can get notification of battery status, phone calls, and text messages from the taskbar.

RocsMerc
09-09-2010, 12:04 PM
Tapatalk Pro for going on MM.net :cool:

PurdueRifleman
09-09-2010, 01:13 PM
I have an HTC Eris. It worked really well when I first got it, but when they updated the OS for it last May, it got slow and has had small, nagging problems ever since.

sd8683
09-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Check out shazam, its my favorite, Pandora is cool too.

DJCV
09-09-2010, 02:17 PM
I have an HTC Eris. It worked really well when I first got it, but when they updated the OS for it last May, it got slow and has had small, nagging problems ever since.

Same here.

TooManyFords
09-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Droid X and I like it a lot better than my old iPhone.

a_d_a_m
09-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Guitar tuner
Game show buzzer (fun for when this annoying chick at work WON'T SHUT UP)
Air horn (also fun w/annoying chick)

My most-used app is Retro Camera...
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs412.snc4/47558_563553916661_39003984_32 862116_8368972_n.jpg

TAKEDOWN
09-09-2010, 09:09 PM
Wow Mike, you got to keep the MARAUDER and now you got an Android phone! Hmmm... someone's spoiled!

SHERIFF
09-13-2010, 05:25 AM
I have the Motorola Droid X. One of the best entertainment apps I have loaded is a vehicle game called Traffic Jam. You have 5,000 levels in which you have to maneuver a yellow sedan out of a crowded parking lot. You have to move other cars and trucks around before you can get out. Some of the levels get pretty hard.

RocsMerc
09-13-2010, 09:31 AM
You should probably root you phone and install your own version of the OS. The service carriers in general are very slow to update their devices software, if ever. They tend to make a lot of changes to the underlying system which can introduce new bugs/glitches and they don't go through the same level of testing as it does from Google. Verizon would rather your issues with this phone convince you that your phone is too old/slow and buy a better phone than dedicate resources to releasing an update. I recommend installing this version after you root the phone. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=723263 I'm running Android 2.2 on my G1 without problems and that's a much older and slower phone than the Eris. It's HTC's Sense overlay and Verizon's modifications that slow down the phone. Also, free wifi tether is a nice feature as well.

SID210SA
09-13-2010, 10:43 AM
Wow Mike, you got to keep the MARAUDER and now you got an Android phone! Hmmm... someone's spoiled!

Yes...well I was able to stay afloat with my savings, didnt want to put up the Marauder for sale....it took me almost to the brink....I did it kind of hastely, but not knowing what my future job situation was I didnt want to take any chances and not mess up my credit.

As far as the spoiled part goes...I guess I am....My Better Half got me the phone for our Anniv......:)

BAD FIVE O
09-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Try these
Bluff my call. it allows you to call with some one else number and you can change your voice also.

Ringdroid. allows you to make ring tones from specific parts of in the song.

Shazam is a must.

Pandora. is a cool app

Where app. is helpful to find cheap gas, food and stuff in your area.