PDA

View Full Version : Police officer talks trash

MMarauder03
09-10-2010, 06:52 AM
First off, let me tell you that i have the most respect for what police officers do keeping the streets safe having many of my own family in law enforcement. Now I was on my way home from work driving one of my employees home, when I'm going down a pretty steep hill, a pi was headed up the hill and flipped around because she visually estimated my speed at 42 in a 30 and I have a headlight out (bad ballast, new one's ordered and on it's way to my house as I write this) I pulled over and She came out and asked for my license and asked me what she pulled me over for. I let her know that I have a headlight out. She said she also visually estimated my speed at 42. She then went back to her car. While she was in her car, more cars from the same department pull up behind me. I had 4 cars in total behind me. An undercover parked a block away overseeing everything, one parked directly to my left in oncoming, and one kept driving around the same block passing by about every 3 or so minutes. A police officer pulls up in the undercover mustang GT which I had seen about 10-15 minutes before doing burnouts in front of the Hess gas station. The officer gets out and walks around my car. He then walks up tonhis buddies and says "this car gets sh*^ier every time I see it ever since this kid owns it.". I didn't even know what to say. I pride myself on taking great care of all of my cars and I couldn't get this off my mind today. The lady officer let me go on my speed and wrote me a ticket for my headlight being out. Was courteous and told her thank you and to stay safe. Now I understand that with 95k miles and 2003 paint is not near showroom quality, but that was a little harsh to say just loud enough so I could hear. And I think it was a little overkill to have that many of my city's officers to backup a fellow officer pulling me over for my headlight being out. What do you guys think?

ctrlraven
09-10-2010, 07:03 AM
The reason why there was several cops around was A they thought something might be up with you and your car or B they just had nothing better to. Don't take the one D-bags comments to heart. Some can be very cool while others are just power trips while thinking they are above everyone.

Egon Spengler
09-10-2010, 07:21 AM
Some can be very cool while others are just power trips while thinking they are above everyone.
There seems to be more and more of these types popping up as the older police officers start to retire. It is sad because a lot of people are losing respect for police officers because of these officers that think they are above everyone.

I would appeal the ticket for the headlight and mention the negative comment and the officers use of profanity and how you didn't appreciate how un-professional the officer was. When I am in uniform working as an FF/EMT, I am nothing but professional and always watch my language because I don't want to give a bad impression about our services.

SID210SA
09-10-2010, 07:25 AM
Yeah...well he is prolly just bitter becuase his ex wife took the nice car, the house, and the kids in the divorce and wishes he had a car like yours....thats why he was doing burn outs in a city owned vehicle....doesnt get the pleasure you do out of driving his P.O.V. Just a thought....

Egon Spengler
09-10-2010, 07:27 AM
thats why he was doing burn outs in a city owned vehicle.
I would mention this little tidbit of information as well and ask the court "Is the money from my ticket going towards new tires for the undercover mustang doing the burnouts?"

Pat
09-10-2010, 07:31 AM
the officer gets out and walks around my car then walks up to his buddies and says "this car gets sh*^ier every time I see it ever since this kid owns it.". What do you guys think?

This is maybe the first negative evaluation by an LEO that I have read about. It's obvious that your car has been observed for a period of time before and since you purchased it.

LEO's are experienced in observation (ask me how I know) and their opinions carry weight. So, to see what the LEO has seen, post up some pics of your car. Front, aft, both sides. Interior and engine bay are optional. Then we can better let you know what we think, as you have asked.

Regards,

MMarauder03
09-10-2010, 07:37 AM
This is maybe the first negative evaluation by an LEO that I have read about. It's obvious that your car has been observed for a period of time before and since you purchased it.

LEO's are experienced in observation (ask me how I know) and their opinions carry weight. So, to see what the LEO has seen, post up some pics of your car. Front, aft, both sides. Interior and engine bay are optional. Then we can better let you know what we think, as you have asked.

Regards,

I'll post pics of the day I bought it, and as it is now tonight when I get home as I'm on my iPhone right now and can't upload.

MMarauder03
09-10-2010, 07:43 AM
There seems to be more and more of these types popping up as the older police officers start to retire. It is sad because a lot of people are losing respect for police officers because of these officers that think they are above everyone.

I would appeal the ticket for the headlight and mention the negative comment and the officers use of profanity and how you didn't appreciate how un-professional the officer was. When I am in uniform working as an FF/EMT, I am nothing but professional and always watch my language because I don't want to give a bad impression about our services.

I've always had great interactions with officers aside from one instance I was choked out at a traffic stop when the officer thought I was reaching for something after i already got patted down and was simply wiping sweat off my hands because I was nervous. And I know I wasn't in the right for speeding. Hopefully my ballast will come in today so I can get my headlights operational to get the ticket dismissed. If all else fails I'll track down my stock bulbs and put those in till I can get my hid's back up.

Ozark Marauder
09-10-2010, 07:44 AM
As a retired Supervisory LEO I am sad and disgusted by the attitudes and the actions of these Officers, There is no excuse for the conduct of these Officers, it's Officers like these that give LEO a bad name, and this thing about, "She said she also visually estimated my speed at 42." Estimated my speed?, my *ss, I sense ticket quotas here. If one of my Officers had the audacity to turn in a ticket with an " estimated speed" I think I would have to have her do some desk time and school community service speeches to re-enforce that we work for the people, not against them. A verbal warning for both the down hill speed and the headlight, since you were aware, yes, Visually estimated my speed, give me a break.

MMarauder03
09-10-2010, 07:45 AM
Yeah...well he is prolly just bitter becuase his ex wife took the nice car, the house, and the kids in the divorce and wishes he had a car like yours....thats why he was doing burn outs in a city owned vehicle....doesnt get the pleasure you do out of driving his P.O.V. Just a thought....

Haha, well I could show him a thing or 2 about a burnout. That's for sure

sergio442
09-10-2010, 09:01 AM
I had my marauder parked in mudelien Il . Two police officers told me if i did not remove the Police Interceptor badge from the car i be would arrested for impersonating a Police officer. I asked a state trooper if it was true he said false. Two cops giving me hard time. Not enough good police officers.

Master
09-10-2010, 09:57 AM
I would think that having a badge on a Police Interceptor that says "Police Interceptor" would be pretty acceptable. They take them off here before they sell them, though.
I agree about the generational comment, too. I find the older fellows (and ladies) are generally better educated, more down to earth, more aproachable and a LOT wiser.
I got a ticket from an old-timer a few years ago that I could easily have fought but he was so friggin easy to get along with - asking about the car, talking about his day, being a real human being, that I took the ticket and thanked him for his time. I knew he was right that I was speeding even if he couldn't prove it, and just didn't want to be an ass to a nice guy.
On the other hand, I went to court to fight a truly bogus ticket issued by an inept, incompetant, over-steroided young schmuck who used lies and intimidation to try to cover up his lack of ability. These types are becoming WAY too common.
Where are the old "gentleman" cops we all grew up believing were out there keeping us safe? What has happened?

MMarauder03
09-10-2010, 10:21 AM
As a retired Supervisory LEO I am sad and disgusted by the attitudes and the actions of these Officers, There is no excuse for the conduct of these Officers, it's Officers like these that give LEO a bad name, and this thing about, "She said she also visually estimated my speed at 42." Estimated my speed?, my *ss, I sense ticket quotas here. If one of my Officers had the audacity to turn in a ticket with an " estimated speed" I think I would have to have her do some desk time and school community service speeches to re-enforce that we work for the people, not against them. A verbal warning for both the down hill speed and the headlight, since you were aware, yes, Visually estimated my speed, give me a break.

Thank you for your input. I'm glad that she didn't issue a ticket for the speed even though I may have been speeding, the road is not normally patrolled and it was a little after midnight, not a lot going on in my part of town. Troy police department don't have radars from what I've heard (not 100% positive) but they have better things to worry about (high crime rates and gang related violence) But this traffic stop I will never forget, that's for sure. As for this thread, I don't want to see people bashing the officers keeping our streets safe.

FormulaMarauder
09-10-2010, 10:41 AM
Honestly? Who the HELL cares what they said? Did it hurt your feelings? Christ almighty, he gave his opinion to someone else and you run to your keyboard to cry about it. He wasn't even talking to you. As far as more cars pulling up, when she pulled you over she told dispatch the car description and registration plate. They probably came by to see the car. Stop getting your panties in a bunch.

RacerX
09-10-2010, 11:14 AM
At first read, I thought "sh*^ier " was for shinier! :D Let's just pretend he said "shinier!"

P.S. Have you been speeding or doing burnouts around town? Sometimes you may think you got clean away with something not realizing an offduty officer somewhere out there takes note and tells his/her fellow officers at the station. Just sayin! Maybe she's new and they were all just backin her up? I got pulled over years ago by a half dozen cruisers, marked and unmarked. An hour, car search and 20 questions later, it turned out there was a burglary in the area and the neighbors identified a car that looked like mine.

Hacklemerc
09-10-2010, 11:16 AM
I try to treat everyone I come across as I would like to be treated until they prove to me that they dont deserve it. Most times being cool and approachable will get you farther than being an a$$ to people. If I can end a negative contact with people on a positive note and shake thier hand at the end its a good day.
Unfortunatly the "gentlemen" officers are slowly dying away and being replaced by the "ME" generation. I think that hiring young guys (21) who are right out of college is fine, but thier attitude (in my experience ) is piss poor. It also doesn't help that society a good portion of our society is embracing the "thug" lifestyle. The media seems to be able to portray two types of police officer, the completely inept dumb officer, or the dirty crooked police. That fosters a bad image of police to the general public. I stopped to talk to little kids who were out after curfew one night and when asked his name one of the kids (8 years old) said "My momma don't like the police and said I shouldn't talk to you" and refused to give me his name or address. When Mom came to the station to get him she was mad at usbecause we picked her son up for being out after curfew. Curfew is at 11pm and it was 330am.
And if I arrested or ticketed every car with a "POLICE INTERCEPTOR" sticker on it I wouldn't have time to do anything else. Retired CV and Wimpalas are a dime adozen around here.
Sorry about your negative contact with a LEO. We're not all tools.

MMarauder03
09-10-2010, 12:12 PM
i'll post pics of the day i bought it, and as it is now tonight when i get home as i'm on my iphone right now and can't upload.

The day I bought my MM, parked at my mom's (gotta show it off)

On the lot still

About a week ago, right after my HID install

Day after HID install

Not too long ago, Black box is awesome!

Of course, after 2 days of rain, my MM doesn't look this good, but I don't think it looks bad

4drcbra
09-10-2010, 12:18 PM
you have to remember most of the motoring public (police included) and even most car guys dont really know what our Marauders are. Most either think they are being driven by a gang banger that put some chrome wheels on his crown vic or they think it is Grand Marquee with a police interceptor motor in it. Dont take it to heart there are jealous deuche bags in law enforcement just like anywhere else. As long as you have pride in your ride thats all that matters

MMarauder03
09-10-2010, 12:22 PM
I try to treat everyone I come across as I would like to be treated until they prove to me that they dont deserve it. Most times being cool and approachable will get you farther than being an a$$ to people. If I can end a negative contact with people on a positive note and shake thier hand at the end its a good day.
Unfortunatly the "gentlemen" officers are slowly dying away and being replaced by the "ME" generation. I think that hiring young guys (21) who are right out of college is fine, but thier attitude (in my experience ) is piss poor. It also doesn't help that society a good portion of our society is embracing the "thug" lifestyle. The media seems to be able to portray two types of police officer, the completely inept dumb officer, or the dirty crooked police. That fosters a bad image of police to the general public. I stopped to talk to little kids who were out after curfew one night and when asked his name one of the kids (8 years old) said "My momma don't like the police and said I shouldn't talk to you" and refused to give me his name or address. When Mom came to the station to get him she was mad at usbecause we picked her son up for being out after curfew. Curfew is at 11pm and it was 330am.
And if I arrested or ticketed every car with a "POLICE INTERCEPTOR" sticker on it I wouldn't have time to do anything else. Retired CV and Wimpalas are a dime adozen around here.
Sorry about your negative contact with a LEO. We're not all tools.

I couldn't even imagine saying that to an officer. To your tool statement, I know that all officers aren't, actually the first time I've ever encountered it. Thought I'd share and see if others have encountered similar.

MMarauder03
09-10-2010, 12:25 PM
At first read, I thought "sh*^ier " was for shinier! :D Let's just pretend he said "shinier!"

P.S. Have you been speeding or doing burnouts around town? Sometimes you may think you got clean away with something not realizing an offduty officer somewhere out there takes note and tells his/her fellow officers at the station. Just sayin! Maybe she's new and they were all just backin her up? I got pulled over years ago by a half dozen cruisers, marked and unmarked. An hour, car search and 20 questions later, it turned out there was a burglary in the area and the neighbors identified a car that looked like mine.

I'm not sure the circumstances, nahh, I only do burnouts at the track and on private property when OK'd by the owner. As for speeding, every once in a while, but not around town, normally just on the highway. With the strict noise violation policy I can't afford to get a ticket for my exhaust, or speeding for that matter.

Mac-MerC
09-10-2010, 12:28 PM
not to down play your incident with the police... but it wasnt nothing major.
i wish most of the occcasions i have with "officers of the law" went like that.

first question... is the car registered to u?... are u on probation or parole?.... do u have any warrants out for your arrest?....
then when they get u out the car, sit u on the curb and let their mutt search the vehicle.... cause "supposedly" your car looks like a car that they believe was linked to a robbery or some other criminal activity.

they (officers) can talk mess about my car all day if it makes the stop quicker. on average my "routine stops" end up like 45mins to a hour.

sorry for rambling on

MMarauder03
09-10-2010, 12:50 PM
not to down play your incident with the police... but it wasnt nothing major.
i wish most of the occcasions i have with "officers of the law" went like that.

first question... is the car registered to u?... are u on probation or parole?.... do u have any warrants out for your arrest?....
then when they get u out the car, sit u on the curb and let their mutt search the vehicle.... cause "supposedly" your car looks like a car that they believe was linked to a robbery or some other criminal activity.

they (officers) can talk mess about my car all day if it makes the stop quicker. on average my "routine stops" end up like 45mins to a hour.

sorry for rambling on

The car is in my name, no warrants, no probation, no parole. I didn't have to get out of the car, nor was it searched. Just an ordinary kid. I was there for probably 45 minutes or so. Routine stops seem to take about that long.

Mac-MerC
09-10-2010, 01:43 PM
i ment thats how mine usually goes. my vehicle has been searched twice
ive gotten stopped before and sat there for a hour and a half before they were through
1 time i sat there for like 15 minutes before dude came upto the car, he was waiting for back up. and im no fool, if i would have exited the vehicle im sure i would have been face down with pistol drawn on me

AConvertedChevy
09-10-2010, 01:54 PM
dude we should just go to the local station and introduce ourselves.
That way my shenanigans wont be confused for your shenanigans :lol:

I'm expecting to be stopped today lol

MMarauder03
09-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Nah, u should be fine with ur wheels. The lady cop was pleasant, the white undercover mustang is the guy u gotta be worried about

steve fox
09-10-2010, 02:44 PM
you probably didn't notice the krispy kreme nearby. They were all waiting for the light to come on

281MERC
09-10-2010, 03:00 PM

Regards,

i thinkyou missed the point

tbone
09-10-2010, 05:07 PM
Maybe if you can prove with the receipt that you had the part ordered before the ticket, they will drop it.

MMarauder03
09-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Maybe if you can prove with the receipt that you had the part ordered before the ticket, they will drop it.

Good call, now if that check would ever go through I'd have 2 of either set of lights working!:D

burtreynolds
09-10-2010, 05:41 PM

You must know Dana Carrington?

tbone
09-10-2010, 05:49 PM
Honestly? Who the HELL cares what they said? Did it hurt your feelings? Christ almighty, he gave his opinion to someone else and you run to your keyboard to cry about it. He wasn't even talking to you. As far as more cars pulling up, when she pulled you over she told dispatch the car description and registration plate. They probably came by to see the car. Stop getting your panties in a bunch.

WHO's getting their panties in a bunch?:confused:

Rocknthehawk
09-10-2010, 06:21 PM
lulz at the 19 year old getting upset over a PO's comments..
more lulz at driving an "employee" home.
more lulz at vehicle history in sig.

cool story bro

SHERIFF
09-13-2010, 05:16 AM

It's everywhere. A national epidemic! I have never seen anything like it in my life.

I'm not sure I would call it "sad". It's more along the lines of downright sickening.

rayjay
09-13-2010, 01:01 PM
Uhm, you had until sundown the next day to get that headlamp working and have it inspected by a LEO, equipment repaired slip completed for the TSLED UTT to be dismissed. Did you get it done? HIDs that were not OEM are illegal in the 1st place. All LEOs in NYS that are NYS radar/lidar certified are professional speed estimators, with court recognition. I'm quite sure TPD has radar, probably not in every car. As far as the comment, some people are asshats, period...

MMarauder03
09-13-2010, 01:59 PM
Uhm, you had until sundown the next day to get that headlamp working and have it inspected by a LEO, equipment repaired slip completed for the TSLED UTT to be dismissed. Did you get it done? HIDs that were not OEM are illegal in the 1st place. All LEOs in NYS that are NYS radar/lidar certified are professional speed estimators, with court recognition. I'm quite sure TPD has radar, probably not in every car. As far as the comment, some people are asshats, period...

Couldn't find the bulbs and had to pull a double the next day, I got it checked out the day after when I bought new bulbs and they dismissed it still.

CBT
09-13-2010, 03:59 PM
You took the high road, good for you. I don't know that I could have. Stopping me for a moving violation or equipment issue is fine if I deserve it, but insulting my car on top of it? Man that's just rude. NO ONE should be allowed to insult a Marauder unless it is by another Marauder owner, face to face, at a gathering, where's it's all in good fun lol.

knine
09-14-2010, 05:15 AM
This past spring, after I told a State Trooper I was an off duty officer, so if he "saw a weapon, don't be alarmed", he drew down on me. Later he asked if I had any warrants. Hmmm, nice way to treat a fellow LEO, I wonder how he treats the general public?

rayjay
09-14-2010, 06:20 AM
This past spring, after I told a State Trooper I was an off duty officer, so if he "saw a weapon, don't be alarmed", he drew down on me. Later he asked if I had any warrants. Hmmm, nice way to treat a fellow LEO, I wonder how he treats the general public?

Some never figure out that their stool stinks too and then wonder why back up takes sooo long to arrive... :rolleyes:

Motorhead350
09-14-2010, 06:45 AM
If that happened to me I probably would have been in trouble for once. Sorry to hear all of this.

PonyUP
09-14-2010, 06:49 AM
If that happened to me I probably would have been in trouble for once. Sorry to hear all of this.

For once??? Who are you Kidding? You get in troubling making a run to the video store :lol: