MERCMAN
09-12-2010, 05:03 PM
10 hrs on the road but Julie and I are home!! Thanks to the whole
MV8 crew for a GREAT meet :up:

Bluerauder
09-12-2010, 05:10 PM

We arrived home at 5:30 PM (about 7 hours including a couple pit stops).

Bernie and I had a blast ..... lots of fun. Thanks to Tom, Rex, Russ, Jim and the rest of the Carolina Marauders for making it happen in such a big way.

Dennis Reinhart
09-12-2010, 05:18 PM

We are home and having a cold one:beer:

fastblackmerc
09-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Got home around 1300.

Had a great time!

Thanks to all who made the trip!

Marauderman
09-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Got Home in 45 minutes-at about 11:45 Am--=-live locally--but had to make two trips back to pick up items ---

Thank you all who came and we enjoyed you and your smiles!!!!!

CBT
09-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Home a couple hours ago, had a blast miss you all !!:beer:

CWright
09-12-2010, 05:45 PM
We got home around 3:45 this afternoon. Can't thank you guys enough for making this happen!:beer:

dakslim
09-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Got home about 1:00 PM. Had a blast at MV VIII. Enjoyed meeting y'all and miss you already.

Marauderman
09-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Home a couple hours ago, had a blast miss you all !!:beer:

Me too--now that I know what you look like-------that avatar had me fooled--!!--should we tell them---naw------------let them come to a MV to find out!--right!!

We got home around 3:45 this afternoon. Can't thank you guys enough for making this happen!:beer:

Your Welcome--SO glad we could meet and see who we are!!!!!!Your wife is and was so nice to help out and is a great car person--especially after seeing your trailer and things.....dang....man!!!!!!!

We are so glad you both enjoyed yourselves----------
Tom

Blackened300a
09-12-2010, 05:54 PM
Just got home with a blown transmission. It started whining as we entered NJ and the trek through Staten Island finished it off. It got me home but its whining really bad and not going into gears. I guess I went out with a bang for MV8!!

Had a great time, always a pleasure hanging out with you guys. See you on the next one.

babbage
09-12-2010, 06:05 PM
Just got home with a blown transmission. It started whining as we entered NJ and the trek through Staten Island finished it off. It got me home but its whining really bad and not going into gears. I guess I went out with a bang for MV8!!

Had a great time, always a pleasure hanging out with you guys. See you on the next one.

OMG! How much racing etc did you do there? did you get a timeslip?
Geesh! you've had some bad luck lately. Don't forget to change out the factory cooler, as it probably has crud in it and will perhaps ruin your new trans in short order.

dakslim
09-12-2010, 06:20 PM

Sorry to hear that man...:(. Glad you had a good time though.

frdwrnch
09-12-2010, 06:27 PM
We got in about 7:30. About 7 hr trip. Great show guys, thanks for everything.

Sorry to hear about the trans Blackened. We can rebuild it. Make it stronger, faster....

FreddieH
09-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Kelly and I made it in about 6:45. We had to go thru the same area that I got stopped twice in on wednesday and ironically rode past the same unmarked Charger, this time I set the cruise control and rode for about 80 miles at 2 mph under the speed limit. We had a blast! Looking forward to MVIX

Blackened300a
09-12-2010, 07:05 PM
OMG! How much racing etc did you do there? did you get a timeslip?
Geesh! you've had some bad luck lately. Don't forget to change out the factory cooler, as it probably has crud in it and will perhaps ruin your new trans in short order.

I didn't drag race which is a good thing. Or else I would still be out there. Its been one of those years. I think the vibration was in the converter and that's what did the trans pump in. The fluid was high when I checked it after hearing the noise. I limped it back home but it didn't sound good. I'm out of spare cash at the moment so the car shall be sitting for a while.

SC Cheesehead
09-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Sorry to hear about the tranny, Paul.

We got in around 12:30 p.m., let in the dogs and promptly took a nap.

Woke up in time to watch the Packers beat the Eagles; yep, turned out to be a GREAT weekend!! :D

Ladyhawke
09-12-2010, 07:15 PM
We finally got home around 9 pm after a short scenic tour on the Blue Ridge parkway then a 10 mile backup on I-81 North and several brake checks along the way.

As always, we had a great time!! Can't wait until the next meet.

Thanks to the Carolina crew and MM.net for an exciting MV8!!

CWright
09-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Kelly and I made it in about 6:45. We had to go thru the same area that I got stopped twice in on wednesday and ironically rode past the same unmarked Charger, this time I set the cruise control and rode for about 80 miles at 2 mph under the speed limit. We had a blast! Looking forward to MVIX

You guys were awesome! Kim will definately be coming back with me to future events. She's already asking when Kentucky meet is? Glad all the ladies were able to meet! +1 on MV9.

fastblackmerc
09-12-2010, 07:16 PM

Sorry 'bout your tranny.

Glad to meet you & your girlfriend!

Ladyhawke
09-12-2010, 07:16 PM

Sorry to hear about the tranny Paul but glad you guys made it home okay. Good luck with getting it taken care of.

fastblackmerc
09-12-2010, 07:18 PM

Glad you guys made it home OK. :banana2:

Had a blast at dinner last night.

Gotta get together next time I'm in Hotlanta.

fastblackmerc
09-12-2010, 07:20 PM

Was great meeting you!

Had a great time at dinner last night.

Glad you had a safe trip home.

Ladyhawke
09-12-2010, 07:20 PM
You guys were awesome! Kim will definately be coming back with me to future events. She's already asking when Kentucky meet is? Glad all the ladies were able to meet! +1 on MV9.

The Kentucky meet should be around the end of March/begin of April time frame. Hope to see you there.

Ms. Denmark
09-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Not home yet but checking in. We enjoyed cruising with LadyHawke/Haggis and Fordfrk/Hammerdown Connie for a scenic side trip on the way home. Just pulled into Maugansville, MD and are spending the night here then home tomorrow. Thanks again to all the MV8 attendees. It was great to see our old friends and meet so many new ones! The Carolina Marauders did a fantastic job "Thank you all!!!"

Ladyhawke
09-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Not home yet but checking in. We enjoyed cruising with LadyHawke/Haggis and Fordfrk/Hammerdown Connie for a scenic side trip on the way home. Just pulled into Maugansville, MD and are spending the night here then home tomorrow. Thanks again to all the MV8 attendees. It was great to see our old friends and meet so many new ones! The Carolina Marauders did a fantastic job "Thank you all!!!"

Did you guys take the alternative route to miss the 10 mile backup?

Ms. Denmark
09-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Did you guys take the alternative route to miss the 10 mile backup?YES!! Thanks to you guys we missed out on all that fun. LOL!:bows: Glad to hear you made it home safe and sound. When we parted ways, Connie ...I mean Hammerdown was driving. They should be home themselves about now.

1stMerc
09-12-2010, 09:27 PM
12 hours and 10 mins and i'm home. Whew, it was a rough thru Illinois, the last fifty miles was killer. Got down to i was the only one doing the speed limit, or least trying to.

It was all worth it, had a great time and it was awesome seeing everyone again, and meeting others.

Thanks to the Carolina Marauders for hosting, and all others who helped to make this a totallly fantasmagorical event.

Paul, sorry to hear about your tranny, but glad another panther got it's owner and loved one home, safe and sound.

Good luck with the repairs.

See everyone in KY.

Bigdogjim
09-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Hey everone!! Arrive at about 11PM Thanks to Bluerarauder I miss 5 miles of traffic on I-95 near Fredicksburg, Va. I took 301 north and meet up with Silversurfer for a few miles :) Nice looking dog in the back seat by the way:up:

The Carolina Marauders did such a great job!!

A special thanks to 03mmmonore (Russ P.) for getting me a cooling fan replacemant so quick & installing it it record time like a NASCAR pit crew of ONE! :up: :bow:

Thanks to all the members that offered me advice and help with the fan problem which started Thursday night, I still did the laps at 100+ at the track with the bad fan:)

It was a great time and as always so good to meet new members and chat with "old" friends:bows::bows:

1stMerc
09-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Glad you made it home big brothers.

SC Cheesehead
09-13-2010, 04:36 AM
YES!! Thanks to you guys we missed out on all that fun. LOL!:bows: Glad to hear you made it home safe and sound. When we parted ways, Connie ...I mean Hammerdown was driving. They should be home themselves about now.

Yeah, Danica Patrick's got nothing on her... :drive: ------> :D

03mmmonroe
09-13-2010, 06:55 AM
I was glad to help out. I was also glad that we talked about your concern in time to make the repairs before you had to be on the road. If you could not tell I enjoy working on autos and helping others. Glad you are home safe. Had a great time with all and looking forward to the next marauderville.

Russ

Brian H
09-13-2010, 08:43 AM
Got in Sun. @ 4pm. we promptly layed dn. for naps. Had a GREAT!!!! time and can't wait for Louisville for more fun!!

Ms. Denmark
09-13-2010, 10:36 AM
Just rolled in and unpacked. Eric and I had a wonderful time...lots of great memories to enjoy! We want to thank all those who worked so hard to make this happen. Of course we loved seeing Rex and Terry again. Nice to put faces to some names we've enjoyed interacting with on line but didn't really know; FastBlackMerc, Dakslim, MarauderMan and so many more. Thanks to all of you!!

Vortex
09-13-2010, 10:57 AM
After two days on the road finally made it home in one piece, man, that was a drive! Had a great time at MMVIII and thanks again to those who did all the heavy lifting, it was a job well done!

rayjay
09-13-2010, 11:11 AM
I arrived home at 10:19 last night, not bad, about 12 1/2 hrs. Numerous stops to walk so my back would calm down. Gel seat cushion really helped out, as did 12 hrs of sleep. :D The Carolina guys did a great job! Fantastic seeing everyone again, but I don't know if I'm meant to travel solo :( It just didn't feel right.

GAMike
09-13-2010, 11:44 AM
Looking at this thread I realize there were a ton of people I did not get to meet..... My apologies, as I wanted to meet and speak with alot of you who have posted here. Not enough hours in a day or cans of beer in the parking lot (take yer pick:o)

Oh well, maybe next time. Hopefully we at least shared a quick joke/comment about the festivities @ LMS or the drags:beer:

james79stang
09-13-2010, 04:17 PM
got in today @ 3:30 safe and sound Thank ALL for the great memories!!!!!!!:beer: :banana2:

Marauderman
09-13-2010, 04:43 PM
The Carolina Marauders did such a great job!!

A special thanks to 03mmmonore (Russ P.) for getting me a cooling fan replacemant so quick & installing it it record time like a NASCAR pit crew of ONE! :up: :bow:

Thanks to all the members that offered me advice and help with the fan problem which started Thursday night, I still did the laps at 100+ at the track with the bad fan:)

It was a great time and as always so good to meet new members and chat with "old" friends:bows::bows:

I am glad I could help with discussing the same problem that Russ helped out fix'in as he did for you below..........amazing ..........but

I was glad to help out. I was also glad that we talked about your concern in time to make the repairs before you had to be on the road.

Russ

.....cause as I said in person to you......he and I both had practice with mine --twice_-Ouch!--so for his third time --he has got it down pat!

Great to know it's fixed......

Mr. Man
09-13-2010, 04:49 PM
Like Ms.D said we had a great time and I'm glad many of you got to meet me and enjoy my wonderfulness.:P;):D

Already thinking about MV9.

CBT
09-13-2010, 05:04 PM
Like Ms.D said we had a great time and I'm glad many of you got to meet me and enjoy my wonderfulness.:P;):D

Already thinking about MV9.

LOL !! Yeeeeaaaahhhhh.....:beer:

Redster
09-13-2010, 05:26 PM
Arrived home today at 1445. Had a great trip and it was good to see everybody and we appreciated the Southern hospitality.

Go2GuyFL
09-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Pulled into the driveway shortly after 10:30 PM tonight. Left Charlotte around 2:30 PM. Averaged 22 MPG and kept cruise control set to 73 MPH for most of the way with a dinner stop at Hooters of East Columbia.

BTW, the Chrysler 300 that whizzed by me at about 90 MPH got pulled over about an hour later by a South Carolina State Trooper driving a Crown Vic. Ford beats Chevy (GM)!!!

Motorhead350
09-13-2010, 10:47 PM
Just got back after a stop in Ohio to check on the GFs dad. I am glad to be home. Weather was great.

Now to dig up my Sex Pistols LP and let one loose.

Marauderman
09-14-2010, 03:56 AM
Just got back after a stop in Ohio to check on the GFs dad. I am glad to be home. Weather was great.

Now to dig up my Sex Pistols LP and let one loose.

BTW--I got a Pic of "MV 8" in "yellow " from the 9th floor--had to turn the pic upside down to "see" your art work----When I find my cables I'll post it. up..........

MM03MOK
09-14-2010, 07:46 PM
Arrived home tonight after a two hour delay catching our plane in Charlotte today. Spent some time with family before coming home.

I had a blast and look forward to seeing pictures and reliving such a great event! Thanks so much to the Carolina Marauders for planning a wonderful time and showing us all great Southern Hospitality!!

Ken
09-16-2010, 11:41 AM

Had a great time, always a pleasure hanging out with you guys. See you on the next one.Gamota! (was wondering how I'd get to use that word?)

Got in at 9PM Sunday night, finally got a chance to post up.

The Carolina Marauders did a great job on MV8; had a blast.. Would've enjoyed a few more days... never enough time.