PDA

View Full Version : Follow-up to Factory Five visit

Krytin
09-14-2010, 03:03 PM
I had sent a letter to Dave Smith of Factory Five prior to my visit last month and he actually put it up on the web site!
Here's the link:
http://www.factoryfive.com/whatsnew/community/pkethman/story.html

There's some REALLY nice cars that they make as well.

SMOKE
09-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Nice Paul...you're a true fan to take the visit and write to them...here's hoping you join the family sooner rather than later!

J

Krytin
09-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Nice Paul...you're a true fan to take the visit and write to them...here's hoping you join the family sooner rather than later!

J

Thanks - me too!

I'm going to have to special order the coupe though as I really can't fit through the door!!

And no, that's NOT funny! :mad:

Blackened300a
09-14-2010, 03:51 PM
Thanks - me too!

I'm going to have to special order the coupe though as I really can't fit through the door!!

And no, that's NOT funny! :mad:

http://nightdreamer.i.ph/photo/d/1226-1/225629_fat_guy_in_car.jpg

Going for the convertible? :lol:

Krytin
09-14-2010, 04:31 PM
It's a good thing I like you!

I don't do long hair and a beard anymore.

You're such a Richard!!

Blackened300a
09-14-2010, 04:32 PM
It's a good thing I like you!

I don't do long hair and a beard anymore.

You're such a Richard!!

:lol: If you only knew how hard I searched for a big guy stuck in a hot rod. :D

Krytin
09-14-2010, 04:35 PM
You are good on the search function - next time don't try so hard!!! ROFLMAO

-Matt-
09-14-2010, 04:37 PM
you going for the coupe? Thats my fav IMO

Krytin
09-14-2010, 04:40 PM
you going for the coupe? Thats my fav IMO
That is my favorite.
I'm going to have to become a little more flexible because I could not fit through the door with the steering wheel in place when I tried to sit in the one in the show room!

Blackened300a
09-14-2010, 04:49 PM
That is my favorite.
I'm going to have to become a little more flexible because I could not fit through the door with the steering wheel in place when I tried to sit in the one in the show room!

Sounds like motivation!

-Matt-
09-14-2010, 04:57 PM
That is my favorite.

Removeable steering wheel? 20k doesnt seem too bad either

Krytin
09-14-2010, 07:57 PM
The wheel shouldn't be a problem but the extras/upgrades that I want will drive the cost a little over $27k plus paint/transmission/tires and the rebuild for the '68 302 motor in my garage.

I guess I'll be taking those yoga classes w/my wife like she wanted after all!!
See Paul, Married life IS good!!! LOL

MrBluGruv
09-14-2010, 08:20 PM
oh man, a deuce coupe is one of my dream cars, and that price point looks VERY competitive compared to some other kit car companies.

MM03MOK
09-14-2010, 08:22 PM
OK - how did we miss your visit to F5?? Did you post up you were going? It's only 20 minutes from us!!

Would have loved an opportunity to see the place! A good friend of ours built a beauty of a car - Roadster!! Hauls like no tomorrow!!

:D

SpartaPerformance
09-14-2010, 08:47 PM
http://nightdreamer.i.ph/photo/d/1226-1/225629_fat_guy_in_car.jpg

Going for the convertible? :lol:

I'll still be laughing at work tomorrow! :D

-Matt-
09-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Do want

http://www.factoryfive.com/coupe/photo/carl/silvercar/images/G8DS7864.jpg

Matt In Detroit
09-15-2010, 05:03 AM
I have built 2 Factory Five cars, the first one i built back in 99 when F5 was relatively new to the scene, the second one i built in 01. I sold both of them at nice profits. They sure have come a long way.
Im looking to buy the second one back soon hopefully.

Krytin
09-15-2010, 09:25 AM
OK - how did we miss your visit to F5?? Did you post up you were going? It's only 20 minutes from us!!

Would have loved an opportunity to see the place! A good friend of ours built a beauty of a car - Roadster!! Hauls like no tomorrow!!

:D

It was in this thread:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=65326

I would have liked to have seen some more people but John/jgc61sr2002
made the trip up to Wareham in my car then we met Paul and his family in RI. Then a fast run back to LI. Long Day but fun - I would do it again but I won't be able to take off on a w/e untill the end of November.
Wednesday afternoon to Friday afternoon is my w/e for now.

Krytin
09-15-2010, 09:27 AM
I'll still be laughing at work tomorrow! :D

My Pal!

At least you'll be able to smile at all of your customers - they won't know what it's about but what the heck!

MM03MOK
09-15-2010, 09:32 AM
Next time, start a new thread. You'll get more eyes and attendance. ;) Sorry we missed it.

Krytin
09-15-2010, 09:39 AM
Will do - after some yoga and stretching I want to make another try at getting into that 65 Coupe!

SpartaPerformance
09-15-2010, 05:34 PM
So when does the project begins? I'd love to turn some wrenches on that!

Krytin
09-16-2010, 05:09 AM
So when does the project begins? I'd love to turn some wrenches on that!
Not this year and probably not next.
If I'm lucky I might be ordering it the end of next year!

The only work I'll be doing in the near future is the new ends for the lower CA's and the floating grill insert.

Joe Walsh
09-16-2010, 05:20 AM
That is my favorite.

LOL...

A couple years ago after the Safford LM car show, I offered Rich Long the opportunity to slide behind the wheel of my Cobra.
He started laughing and said:
"Getting in might be a little problem, but getting out will be impossible!"

I'm 6'3" and I have to wrangle my way in and out of the car.
Also, my head sticks up half way above the windsheild!
I've learned to slouch while driving the Cobra.
They are suprisingly comfortable and ride quite well once you are "installed" in the seat.

BTW: F5 has come a long way. They make some very nice kits....:2thumbs:

CBT
09-16-2010, 05:28 AM
LOL...

You don't get paranoid thinking about flipping the car and having nothing between your noggin and the asphalt?

Krytin
09-16-2010, 05:35 AM
LOL...

A couple years ago after the Safford LM car show, I offered Rich Long the opportunity to slide behind the wheel of my Cobra.
He started laughing and said:
"Getting in might be a little problem, but getting out will be impossible!"

I'm 6'3" and I have to wrangle my way in and out of the car.
They are suprisingly comfortable and ride quite well once you are "installed" in the seat.

BTW: F5 has come a long way. They make some very nice kits....:2thumbs:

I actually got to sit in an ERA 289 FIA car at the Cruise In in RI. It felt a little more comfortable but I still couldn't see my feet in the pedal box! LOL

F5 also has a '33 ford roadster kit w/outrageous chasis/suspension that I "fit" into!

Joe Walsh
09-16-2010, 05:45 AM
You don't get paranoid thinking about flipping the car and having nothing between your noggin and the asphalt?

There is a roll bar behind the driver's head, so I would only loose half my skull before the roll bar saved the other half!
I'd be fine, I only use 9% of my brain anyway.

I actually got to sit in an ERA 289 FIA car at the Cruise In in RI. It felt a little more comfortable but I still couldn't see my feet in the pedal box! LOL

F5 also has a '33 ford roadster kit w/outrageous chasis/suspension that I "fit" into!
I hear ya!
I have special 'skinny' shoes that I wear when driving the Cobra.
The ERA has a 1.5" longer and slightly wider pedal box than an original Cobra.
I have NO idea how they raced the originals, especially big/tall racers.
Today's sneakers have wide soles for stability, but they wreak havoc when trying to shift gears and brake properly.
I really need to buy a pair of Piloti driving shoes.....http://www.piloti.com/

Krytin
09-16-2010, 06:59 AM
Yeah, I figure driving shoes are a must for any Cobra - especially w/my 13EE's!