PDA

View Full Version : Northwest Marauder Owners?

Jeronimojc
09-14-2010, 10:16 PM
Any Marauder owners in the Oregon/Washington area? I know there aren't many of us up here but it would still be great to connect at PIR one of these days. :burnout:

If nothing else, we can correspond and share experiences and info on local shops for our awesome cars. If you are in the NW please post and say hi. Ofcourse, don't feel excluded if you are not from the OR/WA area.

I just realized I am the new guy here and perhaps you all know each other. I've seen posts from Big Black Beast, Hadamustang, and 2,4shofast (Utah).

teamrope
09-14-2010, 10:20 PM
There are a few of us up here, but we're not as active as we once were.

Jeronimojc
09-14-2010, 10:22 PM
There are a few of us up here, but we're not as active as we once were.

Teamrope, you are quick on the trigger. Thanks for posting up. Let's see who else is there...

Nice ride!

BruteForce
09-15-2010, 04:59 PM
Name the time and place. :banana2:

Jeronimojc
09-15-2010, 08:48 PM

Great, that makes three of us! Let's see if we get a few others to post.

03sport007
09-15-2010, 09:06 PM
Great Idea!!!

TWEGGS
09-15-2010, 10:45 PM
If I'm in town or home that would be GREAT! I'm gone until Mid Oct. I hope this works?
Cheers, Terry

Jeronimojc
09-16-2010, 07:47 AM
Great to hear from all of you guys! I am hoping we get a few others to join before we make plans.

If I'm in town or home that would be GREAT! I'm gone until Mid Oct. I hope this works?
Cheers, Terry

Ideally, we'll pick a date/time that most of us can make. I was sort of hoping we could visit PIR on a Friday or Saturday night for the drag races. But I wasn't sure if all of you guys are into this. If that doesn't work, then we can just meet at a central location. Feel free to make any suggestion.

Hadamustang1
09-16-2010, 10:15 AM
I'm still lurking around here as well..

Jeronimojc
09-16-2010, 06:38 PM
Hadamustan, so glad you stopped by. You were one of the first ones to welcome me to this community.

Should we start talking about where/when to meet? As I stated before, PIR (Portland International Raceway) seemed like a good place to me but want to know what you guys think. I am not familiar with other tracks/speedways and wasn't sure if that's what you guys want to do. PIR Drags end on Oct 23rd. If we hold our meeting on that day we can accomodate Tweggs' schedule (I think).

Here's a link to PIR.
http://www.portlandraceway.com/

Big Black Beast
09-16-2010, 09:41 PM
I might be interested, depending on what, where, and when.

teamrope
09-17-2010, 09:00 AM
Teamrope, you are quick on the trigger. Thanks for posting up. Let's see who else is there...

Nice ride!

Thanks.

Scott, good to see you're still around. :)

FF1077
09-17-2010, 05:25 PM
My Marauder is coming in the mail, so if its here in time I would love to go.

Jeronimojc
09-17-2010, 05:35 PM

Do tell, where is it comming from? He's not going to back out of this one right? Is it a black MM? Spoiler? Sunroof? ...

DirtyDog
09-17-2010, 09:34 PM
I'm in.

Blue03
09-18-2010, 08:42 AM
Yep still alive, kicking, dreaming of boost and lerking about once and a while as well. I'd try to make a meet if I can. Good to see all the replies! Cheers! :D

BruteForce
09-18-2010, 12:13 PM
Scott, good to see you're still around. :)

Been here most every day. Just don't have much to say. :coolman:

Jeronimojc
09-18-2010, 07:10 PM
Hey guys, it's great to see our numbers creeping up a bit. I propose we meet on

October 23rd at Portland International Raceway (http://www.portlandraceway.com/).

We can meet late afternoon and those who want to drag race can hang out until later when the drag races start. Meeting on this date should accomodate a couple of our members who have commented on their availabilty.

Also, Taemian from BC shared this link with me of a meet they had in WA in 2007. It looks like some of you got together back then. Great pictures!!!
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40442. Any Marauder brother from BC is more than welcome to join us.

Taemian
09-20-2010, 08:01 AM
Hey guys, it's great to see our numbers creeping up a bit. I propose we meet on

October 23rd at Portland International Raceway (http://www.portlandraceway.com/).

We can meet late afternoon and those who want to drag race can hang out until later when the drag races start. Meeting on this date should accomodate a couple of our members who have commented on their availabilty.

Also, Taemian from BC shared this link with me of a meet they had in WA in 2007. It looks like some of you got together back then. Great pictures!!!
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40442. Any Marauder brother from BC is more than welcome to join us.

I'll talk to the folks up here. We do the same thing at Mission Raceway with our Friday Night Street Legals.

teamrope
09-21-2010, 11:01 PM
Been here most every day. Just don't have much to say. :coolman:

Same here.

Don't know if I'll race, but I'll try to make the meet.

EMAS
09-22-2010, 11:33 PM
Well I highly doubt I can make it there, then, though I'd love to.

If any greater Seattle area guys would like to do a get together, around here, I'm up for it, I'm in Maple Valley.

Jeronimojc
09-24-2010, 02:46 PM
I'll talk to the folks up here. We do the same thing at Mission Raceway with our Friday Night Street Legals.

Alright! See if you can work your magic. If not, maybe we'll head up your way one of these days.

Well I highly doubt I can make it there, then, though I'd love to.

If any greater Seattle area guys would like to do a get together, around here, I'm up for it, I'm in Maple Valley.

Maple Valley isn't that far... It would be great if you can make it work. In either case, I am glad you posted. It's great meeting others in the area.

EMAS
09-24-2010, 10:48 PM
Alright! See if you can work your magic. If not, maybe we'll head up your way one of these days.

Maple Valley isn't that far... It would be great if you can make it work. In either case, I am glad you posted. It's great meeting others in the area.

Unfortunately I can't take Fridays off or even leave early as the boss man coaches wrestling and someone has to stay around and be in charge. By the time I get home, clean up and get the MM I wouldn't be leaving until 7. Now the Panther is the best vehicle in the world for shortening up distances and I'm itching to take a road trip in my new toy, but it's just not in the cards this time around.

Jeronimojc
09-25-2010, 07:07 PM
Unfortunately I can't take Fridays off or even leave early as the boss man coaches wrestling and someone has to stay around and be in charge. By the time I get home, clean up and get the MM I wouldn't be leaving until 7. Now the Panther is the best vehicle in the world for shortening up distances and I'm itching to take a road trip in my new toy, but it's just not in the cards this time around.

EMAS, I didn't know about your new toy. Congratulations and welcome to the site! Now you really should come down. October 23rd is a Saturday :D.

I bought my bone stock MM less than two months ago. I know of two other guys in the Portland area that bought a MM less than 2 months ago. One of these is a stock MM and the other one is a supercharged MM. No pressure but would love to see you there. Perfect excuse for a nice drive in your new toy.

FF1077
09-26-2010, 12:43 AM
Jeronimojc do you run around East Vancouver? Thats where I live.
I have seen two MM in Vancouver. One Blue, one Black. I saw the Blue parked downtown off Main Street once and I have seen the black one twice by Mill Plain and Hearthwood Boulevard.

Jeronimojc
09-26-2010, 08:48 AM
Jeronimojc do you run around East Vancouver? Thats where I live.
I have seen two MM in Vancouver. One Blue, one Black. I saw the Blue parked downtown off Main Street once and I have seen the black one twice by Mill Plain and Hearthwood Boulevard.

Yes, I live in East Vancouver (Fisher's Landing area). My MM is black with tinted windows. I go on Mill Plain on occasion. Based on your observations and Big Black Beat's observations, there are at least three black MMs in Vancouver (counting mine).

It is also possible you saw Big Black Beast's MM. He has a black MM with a spoiler. He knows about a few MMs in the Vancouver area. He's also seen some MMs in Portland, a black MM, a DTR, and a silver one.

Hopefully we'll get to meet these Owners.

Do any of you know if it the local Ford Dealers would be willing to contact any MM owners in their data bases to let them know about our meet?

Jeronimojc
10-03-2010, 09:34 PM

If I recall correctly, your MM was showing up today (Oct 2nd), right? :banana2:.
What's the status? I can't wait to see it. You'll be at the meet right? I imagine you've been dying to put your hands on it and take it for a spin.

I'll post more suggestions for the meet (food, time, exact location, etc.) later.

FF1077
10-07-2010, 04:46 PM
It arrived!
Tomorrow I will have had it for a week. I gotta say the car is WAY better than Mike made it out to be. I am really, really happy with it.
It came out of the shipping process relatively unscathed. There is a spot on the front bumper where they rubbed paint with a white car, good news is that the license plate bracket will cover it. It had no front plate and no front bracket in Florida, but here in Washington I have to have one. I was a bit worried about it passing emissions, but it did. I think the entire process was under two minutes from start to finish. Fastest I have ever been through emissions.

The amount of power is taking a little bit getting used to. Going from a Ranger to a Trilogy Marauder is a huge difference. My little 4x4 Ranger took a bit of gas to get it moving. Not so with the Marauder. I just have to use nice and easy acceleration.
The sound of the exhaust is incredible! I’ve been driving around with the windows down just so I can enjoy it.

I am going to try and make it on the 23rd I’ll know better when the date gets close.
No racing for me, that I know for sure.

John

Jeronimojc
10-07-2010, 06:57 PM
It arrived!
Tomorrow I will have had it for a week. I gotta say the car is WAY better than Mike made it out to be. I am really, really happy with it.
It came out of the shipping process relatively unscathed. There is a spot on the front bumper where they rubbed paint with a white car, good news is that the license plate bracket will cover it. It had no front plate and no front bracket in Florida, but here in Washington I have to have one. I was a bit worried about it passing emissions, but it did. I think the entire process was under two minutes from start to finish. Fastest I have ever been through emissions.

The amount of power is taking a little bit getting used to. Going from a Ranger to a Trilogy Marauder is a huge difference. My little 4x4 Ranger took a bit of gas to get it moving. Not so with the Marauder. I just have to use nice and easy acceleration.
The sound of the exhaust is incredible! I’ve been driving around with the windows down just so I can enjoy it.

I am going to try and make it on the 23rd I’ll know better when the date gets close.
No racing for me, that I know for sure.

John

Awesome news! :banana2: Glad everything went well. Hope to see you at the meet.

Jeronimojc
10-18-2010, 08:07 PM
Hey guys! Many of you said maybe to meeting this comming Saturday (Oct 23rd). Can you post again and give us a more definite yes or no?

We can meet at 5PM at one of the restaurants in the area. If there is interest, whoever wants can head to the track for drag racing safter taking a bite and hanging out. I'll want to test my new tune for sure. Some of the restaurants in the area are Beaches (http://beaches.simplehelix.com/) (Restaurant and Bar - waterfront), Who Song and Larry's (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=Who%20Song%20%26%20Larry's%2 0Mexican%2C%20Vancouver%2C%20W A&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl#) (Mexican -waterfront), BJ's (http://www.bjsrestaurants.com/) (Restaurant and Brewery - Jantzen Beach). There are a few others. I would suggest BJ's.

Jeronimojc
10-18-2010, 08:23 PM
Today, I took my buddy to pick up his heavily modified Cobra from Blue Oval (here in Vancouver, WA). The Cobra will be tuned in about 2 weeks. It's expected to get over 600HP!

Anyhow, the guy at the shop saw my MM and told me that just last week he had done some upgrades to another black MM. He said he installed U/D Pulleys and CAI. Apparently the car already had some exhaust mods. I think he said he got about 275HP on the dyno. Are any of you folks getting ready for our meet with some timely upgrades?

EMAS
10-18-2010, 11:57 PM
Sorry but I can't make it this time.

Aonghus
10-19-2010, 12:10 AM
I cant make it, but if any of you find yourselves in Snohomish County, let me know.

03sport007
10-19-2010, 10:09 PM
Can't make either.

teamrope
10-19-2010, 11:10 PM
I won't be able to make it either. :(

Jeronimojc
10-20-2010, 12:23 PM
Well, then it'll be just me meeting with myself and I. Unless someone else wants to meet I'll head directly to the drag races on Sat.

We'll have to make arrangements to meet some other time.

FF1077
10-21-2010, 01:18 PM
Hello.
Sad to say but I wont be coming either. I was really looking forward to it too. I think that maybe with the winter rapidly coming we are all trying to squeeze in as much as possible before the weather turns, thats what's stopping me.

Does anyone know if there are any car clubs having car shows in the future? I know I plan to show my car along with my brother in-law. He has a 57 Chevy he takes to shows (and wins), and its always nice to know someone there.

Never to soon to plan for the Hillsboro Ford show!!!

Jeronimojc don't give up. I started a club for Merkurs here in the NW years ago and it took a few tries to get a meet together. Since there were people up North also we were finally able to make it happen by meeting in Centralia. We all got together and had lunch while we BS'd about our cars. I think we did it in November/December. Maybe that's something we could do? There was talk about meeting at a mall with a restaurant closer to the Holidays and letting the ladies shop while the guys talked cars too.
When the weather was better we would meet up and take a long drive to some place and BBQ. Once was Mount ST Helens. That was a fun drive.

I took the MM to the Ford dealership last Saturday to get a new battery. It was the same one from the factory the original owner told me. So I figured I needed to do it now rather than before the cold hit.

Well it was funny to watch the mechanic install the battery. The mechanic popped the hood and just stared for a second. Then he called over another mechanic and then another and another. Pretty soon all the mechanics were 51just staring at my engine. When he was done he said they were all shocked to see the headers, and the supercharger, and the Killer Chiller, and all the other goodies. Everyone was impressed. That felt good, to get a compliment from a bunch of mechanics.

So I will say, is there a weekend in November that will work for anyone and where could we meet?
John

Jeronimojc
10-21-2010, 07:36 PM
Hello.
Sad to say but I wont be coming either. I was really looking forward to it too. I think that maybe with the winter rapidly coming we are all trying to squeeze in as much as possible before the weather turns, thats what's stopping me.

Does anyone know if there are any car clubs having car shows in the future? I know I plan to show my car along with my brother in-law. He has a 57 Chevy he takes to shows (and wins), and its always nice to know someone there.

Never to soon to plan for the Hillsboro Ford show!!!

Jeronimojc don't give up. I started a club for Merkurs here in the NW years ago and it took a few tries to get a meet together. Since there were people up North also we were finally able to make it happen by meeting in Centralia. We all got together and had lunch while we BS'd about our cars. I think we did it in November/December. Maybe that's something we could do? There was talk about meeting at a mall with a restaurant closer to the Holidays and letting the ladies shop while the guys talked cars too.
When the weather was better we would meet up and take a long drive to some place and BBQ. Once was Mount ST Helens. That was a fun drive.

I took the MM to the Ford dealership last Saturday to get a new battery. It was the same one from the factory the original owner told me. So I figured I needed to do it now rather than before the cold hit.

Well it was funny to watch the mechanic install the battery. The mechanic popped the hood and just stared for a second. Then he called over another mechanic and then another and another. Pretty soon all the mechanics were 51just staring at my engine. When he was done he said they were all shocked to see the headers, and the supercharger, and the Killer Chiller, and all the other goodies. Everyone was impressed. That felt good, to get a compliment from a bunch of mechanics.

So I will say, is there a weekend in November that will work for anyone and where could we meet?
John

Thanks for the encouragement. Yeah, I'd be staring at your engine too.

FF1077
10-25-2010, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the encouragement. Yeah, I'd be staring at your engine too.

I look forward to the opportunity to show the car to people who dont ask "whats a Marauder?".
Friends and coworkers hear I bought a new car and start asking me about it and I always end up having to say it looks almost like a police car or taxi if they dont know what a Crown Victoria or Grand Marquis is. Sad. :shake:

Jeronimojc
10-25-2010, 08:14 PM
Hello.

You may want to start a new thread askign about this. Good luck!

Ryans PI
10-28-2010, 11:24 PM
WOW, where F has everyone been??? I figured everyone just left. Nice to see thr group re-unite once again.

Hadamustang1
10-29-2010, 06:37 AM
Im up for a meet up.. Still got the car. But more of my energy goes in to my motorcycle habit.

EMAS
10-30-2010, 12:00 AM
Im up for a meet up.. Still got the car. But more of my energy goes in to my motorcycle habit.

Yeah we should do a get together in the Seattle area I'm out in Maple Valley and I've seen a few other posters in the Sea area.

cougit25
12-11-2010, 01:29 AM
Hello guys. I'm new to performance cars and was wondering if any of you could suggest speed shops in our area who do good and honest work on our cars?

By lurking on this site, I think I need 4:10 gears and a tune to start....Thanks!

Taemian
12-11-2010, 08:05 AM
Hello guys. I'm new to performance cars and was wondering if any of you could suggest speed shops in our area who do good and honest work on our cars?

By lurking on this site, I think I need 4:10 gears and a tune to start....Thanks!

Welcome aboard! (Nice car, btw);)

The tune you can buy from an online vendor, most folks go with Lidio's tune from Alernative Automotive, others go with Reinhart, and a few have done the Superchips thing. Unless you're supercharged, no need to go Sniper or any other deep programming method.

I'm near Vancouver, BC so I can't list any good shops, but try the Evergreen State subsection of this board, all the Seattle guys are there. Hope this helps.

EMAS
12-11-2010, 11:33 AM
For the gears Randy's Ring & Pinion. Most people know them as a mail order retailer but they also do installation in their Everett facility.

Anthony84
01-29-2014, 02:14 PM
Been starting threads in the Emerald City Marauders header for my PDX/Vancouver/Seattle people...so if anyone here is still active; chime in under that header!

Mebot
08-21-2015, 04:01 PM
Bump for an old thread. Any old-timey guys still lurking here?

if so, head down to Vegas for Marauderville XIII Sept 16-20, 2015. Or stay in the area and meet us at Ponies in the Park on Sept 27, 2015 down in Lacey, WA

Thanks!

DirtyDog
08-21-2015, 06:37 PM
Still alive and well in Seattle. :burn:

1Marauder
08-21-2015, 08:01 PM
Not stay in the area and meet....

GO TO VEGAS! We may never get another west coast Marauderville.... Especially if people won't drive only 8-14 hours.

Hell it is VEGAS. I snore like a crazy chainsaw mf'r.... But offer my second bed to anyone who needs a place to stay, in order to attend.

Vegas Vegas Vegas!!!!

PM me.

PS I may spring for a suite the first night so everyone can come to the suite to meet and party!!!!

Mebot
08-22-2015, 08:09 AM
Still alive and well in Seattle. :burn:
Hey DirtyDog heard you met Logizyme and HeavyMetalMerc last Sunday. Sorry I missed you guys but hopefully we can schedule another quick meet up

Can't stop the signal...

Taemian
08-22-2015, 02:53 PM
Martyo is remote tuning my MM as we speak, datalogging to follow. 2DMax and FreakStatus still around as well, we all came down for the first and last Seattle/Vancouver meet

Anthony84
08-23-2015, 08:28 AM
So who's all going to Ponies in the Park?

Sent from my mobile device made by a fruity company.

Logizyme
08-26-2015, 01:35 PM
It was awesome to stumble across your car on the streets Dirty Dog, even better to get a peek under that hood - amazing.

Everybody has to go to Ponies in the Park!

Also check out the Emerald City section for more info on a convoy to Marauderville! I hope to see others from the Northwest make it.

1Marauder
09-09-2015, 10:34 PM
MarauderVille XIII.

IT MAY NEVER BE CLOSER!

Anthony84
09-10-2015, 09:42 AM
MarauderVille XIII.

IT MAY NEVER BE CLOSER!

I know...it pains me; but I'll be there in spirit. Way too many things didn't line up unfortunately

1Marauder
09-11-2015, 10:34 PM
I have a FREE Bunk! Doesn't get better than that!

Logizyme
09-11-2015, 11:12 PM
I've got a free passenger seat - ride with me and bunk with 1Marauder

Anthony84
09-13-2015, 09:26 PM
You guys are the best; the thought alone means more than y'all will know. Maybe if I get fired tomorrow that'll be a sign. Lmao.

Sent from my mobile device made by a fruity company.