PDA

View Full Version : Rare Marauder option?

White Knuckles
09-18-2010, 02:35 PM
I had my '65 Mercury Park Lane Marauder out to the Southern Marauder's Monthly Breakfast @ the Cracker Barrel. It was great getting it out. It's a project in progress and I was online looking for some parts this afternoon when I came across this video. Quite an unusual option that never made it to production.

PWWYkxQCFfQ

LOWBUCKMM
09-18-2010, 03:00 PM
that is very interesting. i wonder y they were never made.

Krytin
09-18-2010, 04:24 PM
I want it!

Blk Mamba
09-18-2010, 04:32 PM
I remember when Ford first experimented with that, it was PM that did the write-up, as I remember.

Rockettman
09-18-2010, 06:06 PM
Wow that's funny!!
I like how they say: "promises to be the least technical person..." A woman!
And at 1:40 mins., "...parking is so easy..."; look in the back round at the car. They are running the film backwards!
Awesome!!!

SMOKE
09-18-2010, 08:10 PM
look in the back round at the car. They are running the film backwards!
Awesome!!!

Nice catch! That is hilarious.....to think of how absurd that would be to try to drop in an ad or teaser nowadays :)

Donny Carlson
09-18-2010, 09:20 PM
Let's replace one big wheel with two smaller wheels! Brilliant!

Carpal Tunnel? What's that?

White Knuckles
09-19-2010, 06:10 AM
that is very interesting. i wonder y they were never made.

The woman really was an expert :lol:
She shot the project down because she wouldn't be able to put her makeup on with both hand tied up on those pesky little wheels. :burn:

White Knuckles
09-19-2010, 06:14 AM
Let's replace one big wheel with two smaller wheels! Brilliant!

Very forward thinking------just imagine integrating a key pad into the two wheels for texting:lol:

Doohicky
09-19-2010, 09:19 AM
People have a hard enough time driving with one steering wheel..
On another note:
There was this old faded yellow sedan parked down the street with a DVM temp tag in the rear window. It was probably there for over a year. The dryer igniter went out in July and the local plumbing and heating repair store was around the corner. I figured I'd walk over there and while coming back I noticed it was a Mercury. Then I noticed in had the fast back roof. Wow...that surprised me...then I noticed the Maruder emblem at the bottom of the blind spot...Wow...been there for so long and I never even noticed it was a Maruder Park Lane. I noticed a couple guys working on it end of August with the hood up. I walked over there, Mexican and didn't speek English very well, but I looked at it. Interior looked leather, blue possibly, and looked loaded. I grabbed my VIN decoder book and checked it out. 65 390 4bbl. and seemed to be loaded. A day later it was gone..sold it. I had copied the Marauder DVD for them.

rayjay
09-19-2010, 09:58 AM

Holy Carpal Tunnel Syndrone Batman! can you imagine the litigation that would have resulted... :shake: