PDA

View Full Version : Left Coast MM's

blairsmark8
09-20-2010, 05:18 PM
If the West Coast MM club have any get togethers/meet n greet's/sns stuff?....my subscribing to this forum will get me in the loop?

Ms. Denmark
09-20-2010, 05:27 PM
Welcome to the site! There seem to be several active members in the Tracy/Sacramento area, "Black Bart" in Santa Cruz and some guys in the East Bay and down in SoCal. One of our West Coast members "Redster" actually flew out and joined us at Marauderville 8 in Charlotte, NC earlier this month. Again welcome!

dohc324ci
09-20-2010, 05:34 PM
There are some Socal members that pop n every now and again. There are a dozen Norcal regulars. We usually do a Fabs Fords Forever Run at Knotts Berry Farm in May may be next year you can join. I usually post stuff in the westcoast forum so subscribe here for the latest.

Welcome to the site!

blairsmark8
09-27-2010, 10:11 AM
Thanks for replies and Knott'sBF in May is way within range, I would go 3-400 miles for a get together.....what's 4-6 hours when you get good GPG (Grins Per Gallon)!

2,4shofast
09-27-2010, 11:32 AM
I think we should plan a regional meet in spring of 2011, maybe have a pretty good turn out? Just a thought:beer:

jus4kix03MM
09-27-2010, 12:24 PM
wow, a regional meet would be a great idea! i think anyway. they do it on east coast yearly, we should start our own yearly meet aswell. like Brian said theres a bunch of us NorCal folks in and out of here quite often. KnottsBF last year was a blast. and welcome to the site.

Redster
09-28-2010, 06:04 PM
A California meet sounds good (sorry NW guys). I just don't know if we have enough cars. If we had enough, maybe some others might be willing to make the drive.

Here is a suggestion for a low cost meet.

20-30 miles north of Bakersfield is Famoso drag strip. Just bring the MM's to a regularily scheduled event and pay the normal fee to run on the drag strip. There are plenty of hotels in Bakersfield and it is roughly in the middle of NOCAL - SOCAL. This is the way they did it at MV8, hooked on to a regular drag strip event. Famoso has a web site.

http://www.famosoraceway.com/

Now, if you think we could really get a lot of cars, then you could think about renting a drag strip and if you really, really think we could do it, there is a SCCA road-racing track at Buttonwillow west of Bakersfield near I-5 that might be available for a price.

I've been to 5 Marauderville gatherings and they are great fun. Why not a West Coast version? It would be fairly easy to piggy-back on an event at Famoso.

Cheers,

Rod

2,4shofast
09-29-2010, 08:11 AM
I would be willing to drive anywhere within a 10 hour one way trip. The Vegas meet we had a little over a year wasnt bad, hotels everywhere and a raceway in the North of town. That would be my vote if we could get some more Marauders to attend. Just an option.:beer:

gdsqdcr
09-29-2010, 08:25 AM
I would be interested, ... dates matter to the wife.

88LTDCV351
09-29-2010, 08:57 AM
The Knotts thing sounded cool. I'll have to get out for that in the future. As far as a regional meet, I'd love to put that on my calendar as well.

Redster
09-30-2010, 06:05 PM
That's a good idea. I looked at their website and they do have events that are open to street cars at the drag strip including one called Dodge Midnight Mayhem on Fridays. And Lord knows it there are plenty of motels in Vegas. Plus it is easy to attract people to LV.

The only reason I mentioned Bakersfield is that it is roughly in the middle of CAL. I live 200 miles from there.

To be realistic about this, you need a critical mass of cars to pull it off. I'm not sure there are enough cars here in the West.

Cheers,

Rod

Fourth Horseman
10-01-2010, 07:39 PM
I would be willing to drive anywhere within a 10 hour one way trip. The Vegas meet we had a little over a year wasnt bad, hotels everywhere and a raceway in the North of town. That would be my vote if we could get some more Marauders to attend. Just an option.:beer:

Agreed. Vegas is a good natural meeting point. But we can get all the way to LA in 10 hours, easy. And I have been wanting to terrorize Topanga Canyon with my Marauder for some time. :) Count me in either way.

2,4shofast
10-02-2010, 05:23 AM
Agreed. Vegas is a good natural meeting point. But we can get all the way to LA in 10 hours, easy. And I have been wanting to terrorize Topanga Canyon with my Marauder for some time. :) Count me in either way.

Im game for anywhere, I hope we can get a little more interest in this between now and spring...:beer:

dohc324ci
10-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Regional meet would be tuff but if we had enough interest Las Vegas would be an ideal location for obvious reasons. Keep chiming in maybe get a planning committee going for the varying west coast regions to drive interest.

blairsmark8
10-11-2010, 07:17 AM
I read all the comments (finnally) and to "Redster" I also think (know) most of the MM's are on the right coast....we could make a bigger day of it by including the competition that the MM's were built for....Super sports and such? Just outside of Victor ville (btween here n b'field) is "El Mirage" dry lake bed that is used for mile records like Salt Lake but those boys be real serious about safety!...but I have not checked out any "outlaw" events in that area that I am sure exist! Lastly, Vegas is it, lived there 12y until '01 and now I need a guide to get around when I visit! We have friends there that could possibly assist in a small function of sorts, I don't know if we could use the speedway to run on but I'm sure we would get a nice tour out of it? I am open to help with planning/logistics etc. just can't do any heavy lifting ;).