PDA

View Full Version : More Kudos on MV8

Bluerauder
09-21-2010, 06:54 PM
I just wanted to say how much my wife and I appreciated the location of the Host hotel for Marauderville VIII (MV8). The Shops at University Place was an excellent choice. The lake was quite picturesque and everything was within walking or "strolling" distance.

We ate out each of the 4 nights that we were there at a different restaurant every night. This made it quite convenient just to walk to one of the many restaurants including Boardwalk Billy's and Ciro's Italian Restaurant. I think Ciro's was my favorite. The Nineties Ice Cream Parlor was quite nice, too.

Of course, our private parking lot made everything quite convenient as well.

So, thanks again to the Carolina Marauders for picking a fantastic site,

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Charlotte8.jpg

Marauderman
09-22-2010, 04:29 AM
Charlie-

Thanks once again for mentioning some of the highlights of MV8. We appreciate your comments and from so many others as well.

We like, you , knew after checking on several hotels over a six week period that this was the best place for all our activities--and the price--well--that was perfect for such a Hotel we thought too.

We ( Carolina Marauders) are besides our selves on how well everything was so enjoyed by all who attended. We only wish like so many it could have gone on a bit longer--those days went bye so fast it seemed.

Once again, thanks for your help and enjoy your memories we all had --We sure will, and also that item to hang somewhere in your Marauder Den.:up::up:

vkirkend
09-22-2010, 05:50 AM
i just wanted to echo Charlie's comments. the accomodations were excellent and I conveyed this to Mary before I left.

GREAT JOB!!!

Vortex
09-22-2010, 06:09 AM
Ill chime in and add that after driving two days to get there it was so cool to find out I had been upgraded to a pretty fancy room at a reasonable price. The hotel was excellent and well done to all the NC gang for setting it up. Also, I really liked the parking situation with our own section of the lot and the backing of the hotel to keep it that way.

Marauderman
09-22-2010, 06:55 AM
Ill chime in and add that after driving two days to get there it was so cool to find out I had been upgraded to a pretty fancy room at a reasonable price. The hotel was excellent and well done to all the NC gang for setting it up. Also, I really liked the parking situation with our own section of the lot and the backing of the hotel to keep it that way.

Let me add to your comment about the Hotel Parking and Security.

We had that as apart of the Hotel arrangement package for you all --we selected the area in the rear as it provided the best security with us marking off one of the two entrances to allow for better access control .

Our Security was on time each night and through the morning hours . I believe they had as much fun as some late nigh owls..

There was I believe one car that slipped thru , but and a few of us "eyed' him outta there. I believe Bluerauder even was prepared to announce to the driver something that would have him moving in a hurry.....:lol:

Ken
09-22-2010, 08:36 AM
+1 on Challey's Kudos! A great hotel choice...

Alonzo was pretty cool too, from the moment that I met him at 2 am Thurs, when I arrived. :beer:

CBT
09-22-2010, 08:42 AM
There was I believe one car that slipped thru ,

There were 2, Silversurfer and I reported a Lincoln that snuck in while we were all out somewhere. The hotel was all over it, guy walked out and moved it about 5 minutes later. Then there was the green Taurus or whatever that was with the roof emblem that said Marauder Parking.

GAMike
09-22-2010, 08:54 AM
I agree Ken. He went out of his way to make sure we felt welcome:banana2: The Hilton should get him a blower and some slicks for that cart tho:burnout:
Ok at least a paint job:P

Alonzo was pretty cool too:beer:

Ken
09-22-2010, 08:57 AM
There were 2, Silversurfer and I reported a Lincoln that snuck in while we were all out somewhere. The hotel was all over it, guy walked out and moved it about 5 minutes later. Then there was the green Taurus or whatever that was with the roof emblem that said Marauder Parking. I chased one out too!

"where am I supposed to park?"

in the rest of the parking lot maybe!

SC Cheesehead
09-22-2010, 09:39 AM
I agree Ken. He went out of his way to make sure we felt welcome:banana2: The Hilton should get him a blower and some slicks for that cart tho:burnout:
Ok at least a paint job:P

I heard he did a pretty mean burnout...

fastblackmerc
09-22-2010, 09:56 AM
I heard he did a pretty mean burnout...

After they got the beer in the burnout box.

fastblackmerc
09-22-2010, 09:58 AM
I know I speak for all the Carolina Marauders when I say............

It was our pleasure hosting Marauderville VIII.

It was great to meet everyone that made it

We hope y'all made some new friends!

I know we all did!

rayjay
09-22-2010, 10:02 AM
Bang up job guys! :beer:

Marauderman
09-22-2010, 10:07 AM
I know I speak for all the Carolina Marauders when I say............

It was our pleasure hosting Marauderville VIII.

It was great to finally meet everyone that made it

We hope y'all made some new friends!

I know we all did!

Yes we did there Jim....I'm like you--it was our pleasure.and as such since it is now passed....we can say we qualify as certified MV Host and thereby are also certified consultants for such an event---wouldn't ya say guys...!!

Ken
09-22-2010, 10:45 AM
I heard he did a pretty mean burnout...No pics/video = didn't happen! :burnout:

http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=U3ZmkdVywcw

Ken

SC Cheesehead
09-22-2010, 10:46 AM
Yes we did there Jim....I'm like you--it was our pleasure.and as such since it is now passed....we can say we qualify as certified MV Host and thereby are also certified consultants for such an event---wouldn't ya say guys...!!

Yeah, $500 an hour or open bar.

(HINT: The $500 per hour is a better deal...) ;) ------> http://www.bloodydecks.com/forums/images/smilies/720icon.gif

GAMike
09-22-2010, 12:14 PM
Yea ... Dopey us... Too many brain cells killed at that point to think of it in time hehehehe.

No pics/video = didn't happen! :burnout:

Ken

Marauderman
09-22-2010, 02:28 PM
Yeah, $500 an hour or open bar.

(HINT: The $500 per hour is a better deal...) ;) ------> http://www.bloodydecks.com/forums/images/smilies/720icon.gif

Hey--I just found a new beer(ale) we can use as a lever maybe--check out my thread in CM

Go2GuyFL
09-25-2010, 09:27 PM
No pics/video = didn't happen! :burnout:

Ken

All our potential witnesses had already gone to BED!!! The rest of us had our hands occupied ... two lifting the cart, one pouring beer on the tire, and the security guard pedal to the metal. What a blast.

Marauderman
09-26-2010, 10:58 AM
All our potential witnesses had already gone to BED!!! The rest of us had our hands occupied ... two lifting the cart, one pouring beer on the tire, and the security guard pedal to the metal. What a blast.

Now here's a cue to MV9 folks---have some one available for late nite lot duties with camera and video handy----prolly a designated driver would be helpful--to insure steady pics/video--:lol:

CBT
09-26-2010, 11:20 AM
Now here's a cue to MV9 folks---have some one available for late nite lot duties with camera and video handy----prolly a designated driver would be helpful--to insure steady pics/video--:lol:
Well that rules me out! :beer:

SC Cheesehead
09-26-2010, 11:34 AM

I think we should just go ahead and hire Alonzo as our annual Security Guard...

Marauderman
09-26-2010, 12:51 PM

and several --scratch that!--many--no scratch that too!--ah, most of us!!:lol:

I think we should just go ahead and hire Alonzo as our annual Security Guard...

Spot on!--That guy was right ton top of matters and considered our MMs' has his own--real cool guy!--wonder if he takes travel coupons!

GAMike
09-26-2010, 01:04 PM
Dat b da truff riaght der :P Ok... back to football:banana2: