PDA

View Full Version : Lidios tune - 3 years later

freakstatus
09-24-2010, 02:14 PM
I've had my Lidio tune in for the last 3 years now so I've gotten a little de-sensitized to it through the years as the Marauder is the only car I drive.

My dad recently purchased an 03 Mustang GT convertible and wanted me to pick it up for him as he was working.

I got a ride to the sellers house which is about an hours drive away. The Mustang was pristine. Not a scratch on it in gunmetal grey. The engine bay was spotless. The only mods were Magnaflow exhaust and it was lowered 1 inch. Other than that it was stock. We got the paperwork done and I was looking forward to driving this bad boy home especially after hearing my dad rave about his test drive.

Started it up and heard the roar of the engine and exhaust. So far so good. That was pretty much the end of it. The first thing I noticed was how heavy the car felt. It felt as though the engine was struggling to pull the car. I tried to chirp the tires...not even close. Tried to gun it from a stop light...seemed slow. Floored it a couple of times on the highway and was unimpressed as there was no real "break away" speed.

When I got back to my parents house I parked the stang and climbed into my waiting Marauder. As I hit the gas pedal the car jumped forward and literally shocked me....Wow. What a difference. The Marauder felt light and the shifts were crisp and that "pull away" "pedal to the metal" feeling was back.

I know the Marauder is not a Stang but the two cars both being 2003 models I guess I expected more out of it.

In the end all I can say is.....Thanks again Lidio for the great tune 3 years later. All I had to do was drive a stock 03 Mustang GT to appreciate it again.:D

Taemian
09-24-2010, 08:24 PM
Hope your dad got good $$ for the old boat, it was in great shape. I guess you guys are going to start mod wars now?

Get him the Lidio tune for the Mustang!:D

And bring him out to Mission!!!!:banana2:

freakstatus
09-24-2010, 08:58 PM
Get him the Lidio tune for the Mustang!:D

I looked for it on Lidios site. They only have a performance package with cams, pulleys, and tune. I didn't see a stand alone tune.

RacerX
10-29-2010, 09:43 AM
??? You can't really compare them. Maybe an 03/04 Mach 1, but, not a GT w/2v heads, 260HP stock...

tbone
10-29-2010, 10:16 AM
I looked for it on Lidios site. They only have a performance package with cams, pulleys, and tune. I didn't see a stand alone tune.

You buy the tuner with the tunes on it. Just call Lidio.

SmokdMercRauder
10-29-2010, 10:29 AM
??? You can't really compare them. Maybe an 03/04 Mach 1, but, not a GT w/2v heads, 260HP stock... yea the 03 gt isn't much of a comparison, plus its a convertible they're pretty heavy...I tell you though the Marauder sure does wake up, once its got a tune or tuned....good stuff glad your happy...Tell pops its time to modd that thing....:beer:

JBeezy
01-06-2011, 07:38 AM
Gears are one of the 1st things he should do.

JBeezy
01-12-2011, 08:29 PM
While were on the subject of Lidio tunes, what type of gas mileage are people getting around the city and hwy? Just wondering if there is such a tune that will increase hwy mileage?

Taemian
01-12-2011, 09:45 PM
While were on the subject of Lidio tunes, what type of gas mileage are people getting around the city and hwy? Just wondering if there is such a tune that will increase hwy mileage?

Yup, called the "55mph MAX SPEED" tune.

JBeezy
01-13-2011, 05:46 AM
Lol!!! Ok. It is what it is.... Gas mileage will just have to suffer.

fastblackmerc
01-13-2011, 07:08 AM
Lol!!! Ok. It is what it is.... Gas mileage will just have to suffer.

You might get better gas mileage since the tranny shifting schedule is changed.

SC Cheesehead
01-13-2011, 08:38 AM
You might get better gas mileage since the tranny shifting schedule is changed.

+1

Wouldn't expect the tune to change your gas mileage much, but your drving habits sure will... ;) ------> :burn:

JBeezy
01-13-2011, 10:05 AM
+1

Wouldn't expect the tune to change your gas mileage much, but your drving habits sure will... ;) ------> :burn:

I agree 100%.

03sport007
01-15-2011, 09:33 PM
My mpg went from about 20 combined to 14 after I got a tune. Definantly changed my driving habits and I still can't get the smile of my face.

JBeezy
01-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Seems my gas mileage decreased on the interstate but I really can't b sure. Drove about 100 miles and loss at least 1/4 tank. All interstate