PDA

View Full Version : St Louis Marauder get-together

BUCKWHEAT
09-26-2010, 06:21 PM
Hey, ya-all. Let's have a fall lunch/dinner to reconnect. What works for you & the the wife/SO? How about Friday dinner or Saturday lunch or dinner. October 1st or 2nd.

Also, anybody up for GIR Tuesday or Thursday night, assuming they are running? Post or PM your prefs.

Regards to all.
John

Hacklemerc
09-27-2010, 10:37 AM
This weekend is no good for me, I have National Guard Drill. What about next weekend? I am off work and have no other commitments at this point.

Hack

1stMerc
09-27-2010, 07:37 PM
Fridays are no good for me. Lot of after hours moving of people at work.
Next weekend is cool with me.

BUCKWHEAT
10-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Who can do it tomorrow night? Bring wives/kids/SO's etc.
Where is your pref?

Note heading s/b Saturday Night - sheesh, I cant type

Hacklemerc
10-01-2010, 06:59 PM
after consulting with my Boss... er Bride, it has been determined that we can go out for dinner. We would actually prefer somewhere on your side of the river. WE never get out for an evening anymore. I'll give you a buzz saturday morning or afternoon.

BUCKWHEAT
10-01-2010, 07:34 PM
after consulting with my Boss... er Bride, it has been determined that we can go out for dinner. We would actually prefer somewhere on your side of the river. WE never get out for an evening anymore. I'll give you a buzz saturday morning or afternoon.

Some thought Saturday a week would be better, on 10/9/10. Are you two good to wait a week? If not, I'll keep working on tomorrow night. jb

BUCKWHEAT
10-02-2010, 04:07 PM
OK, let's focus on 5pm so little ones don't have to stay up late and us old peole don't either. Working on a reasonably priced place along I-64 between say Clayton & Chesterfield Valley. any ideas?

eric jones
10-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Saturday (10/09/10) lunch works best for me. Can't do much night time driving due to bad LCM. It works when it wants to and I never know when that is. And saturday is my B'day, I will be hitting the big 5-0. Hope to see all Saturday during the day:)

Hacklemerc
10-06-2010, 08:26 AM
Well gentlemen, I now have to work Saturday afternoon. I get off work about 330 pm. Anything after that is good. I have to babysit a highschool football game.

1stMerc
10-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Theres a bunch of places in Clayton and Chesterfield, but parking in Clayton may be problematic if we wanted to park together for group pic.

BUCKWHEAT
10-07-2010, 08:01 PM
OK, we have a reservation at Mimi's Cafe, in Chesterfield, (or as we used to call it, The Gumbo Flats) at 5pm on Saturday, 10/9/10. Plan to be there early & park across the street from the Restaurant. Should be lots of space, & we can yak a bit around the cars before we eat & it gets dark. Bring the family.

Address is 17240 Chesterfield Airport Road. Take I-64 to the Boone's Crossing exit, go toward the shopping center then left at the light to the Restaurant on left, parking on the right.

1stMerc
10-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Got it. will be there.

BODYMAN
10-08-2010, 02:04 PM
I must be totaly out of it:confused: I didnt even know you had a thread going Buckwheat! The wife and I will be there!, no kids though! and yes the Gumbo flats I remember some good street racing out there before the corn fields became buildings!! Hope to see you all there.

Hacklemerc
10-08-2010, 05:46 PM
I should be there. I have to work a highschool football game and they are trying to force me in to work a neighborhood watch patrol. The game ends at 4pm so I may be a bit late for dinner but we plan on being there.

Hack

BODYMAN
10-10-2010, 08:15 AM
Hack, to bad they made you work last night!!! WE had a great time and we got a new STL member Ballz_80 welcome aboard (Ball_z) and he is already boosted. (Trilogy). Hey guys we need to try and plan for atleast one more get together before end of fall. Buckwheat metioned a get together at the track? Any suggestions Iam up for Gateway. Last night finally gave me a chance to show off my 04 SB

1stMerc
10-10-2010, 09:17 AM
Uh, you mean the wife's Silver Birch :D. It was great seeing everyone again, and meeting you Ballz_80, welcome to the Colective.

Sorry you couldn't make it Hack.

Hacklemerc
10-10-2010, 10:20 AM
I'll just have to take a vacation day next time. You guys know we sold Tika's DTR? Traded it in on a 2010 Fusion.

BODYMAN
10-10-2010, 10:37 AM
I'll just have to take a vacation day next time. You guys know we sold Tika's DTR? Traded it in on a 2010 Fusion.

HUH:alone: No I didnt know that Hack. any big reason why? was it getting up there in miles? or just time for something diff for her. She will enjoy that fusion though they are great cars!!

BODYMAN
10-10-2010, 11:02 AM
[QUOTE=1stMerc;966340]Uh, you mean the wife's Silver Birch :D. It was great seeing everyone again, and meeting you Ballz_80, welcome to the Colective.

Hah,Hah Well I think its is pretty funny though Waymon I put up with her for 8yrs now asking me what is it about those cars she just couldnt understand. Then after the last 2-weeks of driving it while her Taurus has been down for repairs she has become very attached to the car and is now starting to understand why I and everyone else on here is so excited about our MM's I was teasing her this am telling her I need to put it up for sale her response was well my name is on the title also and I wont sign it. She got a little testy over that, whats that tell ya.

Better than that though on my way home after leaving when you did Iam going down 64 west bound at (Winghaven) where the wife was picking up the kids from Granny's house Getting on the ramp as Iam going by is a SB MM it is the wife and the boys getting on the Interstate, Pretty wild considering she left 45 mins before us to go pick them up, and I Just happen to be going by as she is getting back on Interstate after picking them up just carzy. I told her you need to join and get a screen name. Looks like time to do another run of Team Panther decals did you get any last time? if not I'll make sure this time you do it will be a large enough run were I have some to give to Mary for say future rafels at events or something to that effect

BODYMAN
10-10-2010, 11:07 AM
Waymon, on youre car just let me know if you need a hand on that one thing I would be more then willing to help you out. When the time comes...

1stMerc
10-10-2010, 11:08 AM
Yeah, i knew you had let her DTR go. Sorry for the troubles you had with it. It wasn't required she still have the car for you ya'll to attend. :P My brother has a 2010 Fusion sport. Nice car, but it rides a little to bumpy for my taste.

Hacklemerc
10-10-2010, 12:05 PM
HUH:alone: No I didnt know that Hack. any big reason why? was it getting up there in miles? or just time for something diff for her. She will enjoy that fusion though they are great cars!!

We both loved it but it seemed like everytime we turned around something was going wrong with it. We had the valves done, then the blower went out on the AC/Heater. After all the problems we were having with it we decided it was time to let it go. Also she was driving from Belleville to Alton everyday for work and it was eating us out of house and home in gas. Got a good deal on the Fusion and let the Marauder go for what we owed. I still miss it, but the Fusion is almost DTR.

BODYMAN
10-10-2010, 01:34 PM
I hear you Hack! My 1st 03 300a was a killer for me sent to KB after purchase and for 3-yrs it damm near killed me with all of its problems a lemon is always a lemon. I was thankful the day a guy slammed it in rushhour traffic. Valves, heads was just one of the big ones of its list of many problems.