PDA

View Full Version : CV/MM vs. Impala event back on, Dec. 13th at Cecil County

stumpy
12-08-2003, 11:38 AM
Come get your fastest timeslip and possibly a trophy at the Cronw Vic vs. Impala meet at Cecil County dragway in Rising Sun MD. 21911. The air is always excellent and there's always a tailwind. It's one of the fastest tracks around and there will be lots of big beautiful 4drs battling it out.

There will be bracket racing and a special quick 8 race for those that qualify. In the quick 8 race only the CVs and MMs are allowed one power adder to compensate for the displacement advantage of the Impalas.

The gates open at 8:00am so be early to get in as many trials as possible. The trials and qualifying runs will go up until 12:00pm when the eliminations begin.

This should be a fun event with a lot of very fast times. Trophies will be awarded for the bracket, quick 8 and the fastest bolt on car. Hope to see you there!

You gonna make it this weekend Jet? If so lets meet up early and do breakfast. If more want to meet up we can caravan down together.

Murader03
12-08-2003, 12:47 PM
Well, it's too bad we had the bad weather last weekend. I won't be in state this weekend. I'll be at a family gathering in Central Ohio. Hope you have a good turn out as the weather looks to be great for running!

stumpy
12-10-2003, 09:27 AM
Cecil County decided to close early this year, probably snow related. Anyway, rather than cancel we are going to move to Atco, NJ. for this event. It's a great track and will probably allow us to get in more runs. In addition the cost is significantly less, $15!

Here is a link to Atco Raceway (http://www.atcorace.com/index2.shtml) and a link to Accuweather (http://wwwa.accuweather.com/adcbin/public/local_index.asp?zipcode=08004&partner=accuweather) for zip code 08004. Hope to see you there.

BillyGman
12-14-2003, 02:52 PM
checkout all the posts in the thread about this same subject in the Community forum of this board. MartyO, Fat bastid, and myself were at the ATco track racing against the ImpalaSS guys, and we all had a great time. Too bad more of us weren't there. Marty and I also ran our best times ever. Our cars are closely matched at the drag strip now, and anything can happen in future outings between the two of us........I liked racing there better than racing at E-town. My car hooked up better during the launch over there.

gobbletwo
12-21-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by BillyGman
checkout all the posts in the thread about this same subject in the Community forum of this board. MartyO, Fat bastid, and myself were at the ATco track racing against the ImpalaSS guys, and we all had a great time. Too bad more of us weren't there. Marty and I also ran our best times ever. Our cars are closely matched at the drag strip now, and anything can happen in future outings between the two of us........I liked racing there better than racing at E-town. My car hooked up better during the launch over there.

Sweet..:beer: :beer: