PDA

View Full Version : SCT hand held tuners

Dennis Reinhart
12-09-2003, 01:48 PM
I have five of the standard hand held programmers. In stock I will give a very fair price on these call for a quote, I also have four sway bars left to ship to a good home on sale 200.00 each.

The great news is within four weeks, I will have the ability to sell and adjust a custom hand held tuner for our cars, Chris from SCT tuning called me today and said they will be ready for release with in four weeks.

RCSignals
12-10-2003, 03:15 AM
Dennis, are these the new Superchips Custom Tuning handhelds with your programming, or the standard Superchips Max Microtuners?

Dennis Reinhart
12-10-2003, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by RCSignals
Dennis, are these the new Superchips Custom Tuning handhelds with your programming, or the standard Superchips Max Microtuners?

These are standard SCT programers there will be no special custom programers for the time being. I bought these for those that don't want to chip the car and do not have then time so send me the EEC to flash.

bryanknie
12-10-2003, 06:48 AM
FYI, I have one, for those of us who have a daily driver with no time to go see Dennis and want a few more hp and better shifting/drivability, they work well.

Just remove the fuel pump fuse, plug it in, follow instructions and in 10 minutes you will be set. Even with your shirt and tie on you wont get dirty.

If you chose, with the same amount of effort, 10 minutes, you can be back to stock settings.

Buy one!

Bryan

Dennis Reinhart
12-10-2003, 07:15 AM
Just got off the phone with Chris at SCT within 4 weeks I will have the abilaty to selll and support custom hand held tuners, this is GREAT news, so again with in 4 weeks I will have a custom hand held tuner I will be able to adust and make changes to. Any one interested I will take advance orders, call for details.

RCSignals
12-10-2003, 05:13 PM
Great news for those who want a custom tune without a chip or removing the EEC to ship.

These tuners I assume will be reflashable for updates or re-tunes.

Dennis, did he say they will have any other features such as code reading, etc?

Dennis Reinhart
12-10-2003, 05:21 PM
I will check on the code reading capabilaty but yes they can be updated

Petrograde
01-18-2004, 02:16 PM
I will check on the code reading capabilaty but yes they can be updated

Any word on this? I got the SCMT from you in December,.. I'd be interested in the reflash.

Tom

Dennis Reinhart
01-18-2004, 02:27 PM
The tuner you have will not be up gradeable they are working on a tuner that can be changed and upgraded I will check on this

Dennis Reinhart
01-18-2004, 03:45 PM
It will be available after the 22nd of this month suggested retail is 425.00 and this will work on the 2004 cars, I will post all the particulars later on.

SergntMac
01-18-2004, 04:28 PM
This is gret news for many here, Dennis, thank you!

Agent M79
01-18-2004, 05:05 PM
Dennis,

I have custom programming from the Dynotune late last year in Atlanta. It is not a chip, but directly to the EEC.

Will the programmer store that special programming for me? I am interested in doing that in case of accidental overwrite by the dealer. And I might want to mess around with a couple of other things in the mean time.

Dennis Reinhart
01-18-2004, 06:11 PM
Normally the SCT programer stores the cars stock EEC Read in your case the EEC is flashed and not stock. but it will store that, then you have the option of uploading a modified program this would be your choice, so yes in essence you can store a flashed EEC in the tuner, I can also read and store this but I would have to have the EEC, and I could put the file on a floppy or CD

03SILVERSTREAK
01-18-2004, 07:12 PM
:beer: :up: :rock: :bounce: :beer: :bows: is very much in order. Thank you Dennis...