PDA

View Full Version : Paul Martin- yes or no

MapleLeafMerc
12-09-2003, 06:54 PM
Rule #1 of this thread is no explaining who Paul Martin is, ok?

Larry

martyo
12-09-2003, 08:28 PM
Do I get anything if my name is Martin Paul????

JET
12-09-2003, 08:58 PM
Is this some sort of Canadian thing?

bigslim
12-09-2003, 10:47 PM
Isn't that Dean's or Ricky's brother?

Bigdogjim
12-09-2003, 10:52 PM
Politics at its best:):):)

Logan
12-10-2003, 06:08 AM
Paul Martin is the next Prime Minister (That'd be President to all you yankee's) of Canada. Jean Chretien is retirin'...

Bobby Clobber
12-10-2003, 07:02 AM
No, but then again , what is the alternative calling itself this week?

" The party that tells everyone that merger is out of the question, reneges on it's word and changes it's name ,but nobody wants to lead it "PARTY

Sounds like a " PRINCE " thing?

Hemlock
12-10-2003, 07:31 AM
I THINK HIS NAME IS PAUL MARTINS (PER AUTOMOTIVE NEWS) .

Dr Caleb
12-10-2003, 08:08 AM
I think the growing idea that lawyers shouldn't be involved in politics is growing. (No offense intended Marty).

Paul Martin. Yea, there's a good one. His company, "Canadian Steamships" couldn't even be bothered to fly the Canadian flag. That should be a clue-by-four.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss..." - The Who.

Logan
12-10-2003, 08:35 AM
That would be why I left. Same old same old... Same crappy economy, same crappy governmental policies, same crappy tax rate, same crappy dollar.

I miss home, but don't miss the detrimental effect the economy/taxes/government/dollar had on my lifestyle.

Dr Caleb
12-10-2003, 08:54 AM
The dollar and economy have improved greatly, but taxes are still murder. And the govt still is many arms and many legs and not one brain in the bunch.

But I hear ya!

67435animal
12-10-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Dr Caleb
The dollar and economy have improved greatly, but taxes are still murder. And the govt still is many arms and many legs and not one brain in the bunch.

But I hear ya!

Thanks, if I had had Canadian taxes to pay along with the incredible amount of child support I had to pay until last April, I would be in the poor house.

You guys are taxed to death, esp. for fuel!!

Bob

Born and raised in TO. Have resided in Willowdale, Sudbury and Winterpeg (Canada's winter wonderland!).

MapleLeafMerc
12-10-2003, 07:19 PM
It's a good name, but not intrinsically valuable, and not unlike mine, Lawrence Paul!

Originally posted by martyo
Do I get anything if my name is Martin Paul????

MapleLeafMerc
12-10-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by JET
Is this some sort of Canadian thing?

Does a bear s**t in the woods? :up:

MapleLeafMerc
12-10-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by bigslim
Isn't that Dean's or Ricky's brother?

:lol:

MapleLeafMerc
12-10-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Bigdogjim
Politics at its best:):):)

You're right, Bigdog. In this particular case, it happens to mean more of a coronation than an election. Do your laws allow the President to retire and hand the reins to the next guy before a vote?

MapleLeafMerc
12-10-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Jean Chretien is retirin'...

Finally

MapleLeafMerc
12-10-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Bobby Clobber
No, but then again , what is the alternative calling itself this week?

" The party that tells everyone that merger is out of the question, reneges on it's word and changes it's name ,but nobody wants to lead it "PARTY

Sounds like a " PRINCE " thing?

Bobby, I'm as frustrated as you about the lack of any serious opposition party here. But to have the Alliance and PC's carry on this hissy fit forever makes no sense either.

With all due respect to any Liberal Marauder owners, no country benefits by not having an opposition party that has a reasonable chance of success each election.

MapleLeafMerc
12-10-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Hemlock
I THINK HIS NAME IS PAUL MARTINS (PER AUTOMOTIVE NEWS) .

It's just, Paul Martin.

MapleLeafMerc
12-10-2003, 08:00 PM
I think the growing idea that lawyers shouldn't be involved in politics is growing. (No offense intended Marty).

Paul Martin. Yea, there's a good one. His company, "Canadian Steamships" couldn't even be bothered to fly the Canadian flag. That should be a clue-by-four.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss..." - The Who.

Dr Caleb, I hear you!

MapleLeafMerc
12-10-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Logan
That would be why I left. Same old same old... Same crappy economy, same crappy governmental policies, same crappy tax rate, same crappy dollar.

I miss home, but don't miss the detrimental effect the economy/taxes/government/dollar had on my lifestyle.

Logan, not to be a stick in the mud, but could you ix-nay on the ap-cray when us Canucks are listening? We're up to our ecks-nay in the ap-cray here, and we can't leave!

MapleLeafMerc
12-10-2003, 08:07 PM

But I hear ya!

You are so right, Dr

MapleLeafMerc
12-10-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by 67435animal
Thanks, if I had had Canadian taxes to pay along with the incredible amount of child support I had to pay until last April, I would be in the poor house.

You guys are taxed to death, esp. for fuel!!

Bob

Born and raised in TO. Have resided in Willowdale, Sudbury and Winterpeg (Canada's winter wonderland!).

Hi Bob!

Us Canucks are overtaxed and male Canucks are seen as cash cows by the divorce industry.

Regards

Larry