PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Charlotte qualifying

Vortex
10-14-2010, 08:29 PM
Was watching qualifying tonight and thinking "Now come on Bill, go low into turn 3 just like I did" and "yep, Bill Elliott is hitting the apex of the front straight just like I do" ect... Having driven on the track gives you a whole new appreciation!! :burnout:

a_d_a_m
10-14-2010, 09:29 PM
Noticed that the #43 FORD is qualified 3rd for the race.
I have been following that team since AJ Allmendinger signed on to drive for RPM. The amount of improvement this year has been nothing short of impressive.

Mr. Man
10-14-2010, 10:41 PM
Was watching qualifying tonight and thinking "Now come on Bill, go low into turn 3 just like I did" and "yep, Bill Elliott is hitting the apex of the front straight just like I do" ect... Having driven on the track gives you a whole new appreciation!! :burnout:
I followed you at Charlotte and I can say definitively the speed was up high:D

Bluerauder
10-15-2010, 06:34 AM

Elliott would not do nearly as well in qualifying if he had a co-pilot in the passenger seat constantly saying "Go Low" and "Get Away from the Wall". :rofl: I am sure the 'noise' from the right seat knocked a couple tenths off my times. ;)

SC Cheesehead
10-15-2010, 06:42 AM

Roger that!

The duck is outside front row, must have taken your advice as well, Jim... :D

http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://www.atthetrackracing.com/images/2009/misc/CE-23241091-L.jpg&sa=X&ei=rlm4TMb9OIO88gbbyYjLDg&ved=0CAQQ8wc4Cw&usg=AFQjCNGekshCCc_GY3Z9N2gmXo YkhRhmhw

Ralph Sr.
10-16-2010, 06:55 AM
jeff gordan[gm chevy] has the pole,first one in a while !!.. fords new motors seem to have the power, but blow up, a lot.!!. i am sure jack rausch will work that out..?