PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Annual Marauder Roundup Location

Logan
12-10-2003, 06:47 AM
Where would YOU prefer the location of the 2004 Roundup to be held?

13th Annual Thunder Valley FFW Nationals
August 6-8 Bristol Dragway

July 30th-Aug 1st in Indianapolis, in conjunction with the IMOA (If they'll have us)

The results of this poll will influence the final location of the meet.

This poll will run for 30 days until January 10th.

Long Live #3
12-10-2003, 07:11 AM
Well... I don't know if I will be going. I'll try and think of some way to get there.

Hemlock
12-10-2003, 07:28 AM
IF NOT ENNIS , THEN BRISTOL . CHEERS!!

FLMARAUDER
12-10-2003, 12:37 PM
How about somewhere in Florida?
It's nice and warm, girls in shorts, lots of drag strips to choose from, an great traction

Bigdogjim
12-10-2003, 03:51 PM
Lets do it:)

Bristol in '04

:)

MERCMAN
12-11-2003, 05:09 PM
vote early and vote often!!!!!

Petrograde
12-11-2003, 06:31 PM
I doubt I'll me able to make it...:alone: ..with the new job I won't have any vacation until Jan. 05 :cry:

..unless I hit the lotto! :up:

Tom

dwasson
12-12-2003, 06:20 AM
I like Indy because it's close enough for a long weekend for all of us Detroit area guys, a large contingent.

Ross
12-12-2003, 08:19 AM
OK, gotta check with the better half and get her opinion on this, or I'll be in trouble...again. Hemlock, have you really been to 141 mph in your MM?

Dr Caleb
12-12-2003, 11:31 AM
TN, IN doesn't matter. I only get 14 days holiday. It'll take 5 to 6 days to drive to ethier event. That leaves me 2 days for a 'Holiday'.

If I have to drive for 12 days, I want the chance to turn a lap at Indy. :) :) :rock:

SergntMac
12-13-2003, 04:39 PM
We know what fun we will have at a Fun Ford Weekend, and I expect Bristol to be even better. Here's what in the planning stages for the Indy event.

Thursday, July 29...Kenny Brown Driver's school and closed course road racing at Putnam Park. www.PutnamPark.com

Because this is an expensive event to stage, it will be open to all Marauder owners, IMOA members, and Kenny's Mustang Club of Indianapolis (who hosts a yearly event there every October.)

Friday, July 30, a special event still in the planning stages, but already including a tour of the Kenny Brown production facilities on Gasoline Alley, and evening BBQ with Chef Kenny. This may get expanded to include a "dyno day" and/or an opportunity to detail your MM for the show.

Saturday 31 July, IMOA car show at the Brickyard, fun, food, trophies in all classes, and laps on the real Brickyard.

Hotel and event planning by the IMOA means a lot less sweat for us. Please peek at the IMOA site at www.mercuryclub.com for more details, and facts about the '03 event. The IMOA did a lot of neat things in '03, so did we.

It's nice to have more opportunities to meet up with friends.

greyghost
12-16-2003, 05:41 AM
I voted for Bristol but would also go to Indianapolis. Will an itenerary eventually be posted for this coming years event or will it be strictly adlib?

jrzygrl
12-16-2003, 12:29 PM
INDY for me BABY!!! About time it's something in my neck of the woods.....HOOOYYAAAA!!!! (BET YOU ALL THOUGHT I WAS DEAD! BWAHAHAHAHAHAH.......:P

MMdriver03
12-17-2003, 08:18 AM
What are the pros and cons of both locations? I would need to know a little about each.......thanks........:help :

68COUGAR
12-18-2003, 11:33 AM
Hands Down, INDY!!!!!!

68COUGAR

Billatpro
12-18-2003, 05:25 PM
I will attend without a doubt if it's INDY, it's time to move one of these events a little north and INDY is the "Meca" of automotive sports. I won't go to Bristol even if Mac offers to pay my way!

stanchfi
12-18-2003, 09:31 PM
If it's in Indy, I may be able to lend a hand!!!

dwasson
12-19-2003, 05:20 PM
I prefer Indy. It's closer to a large number of MM'ers in Detroit and Chicago too.

Smokie
12-20-2003, 06:30 PM
I already put in for my vacation for the week of Aug. 2-9 so I guess if is not Bristol I will be out of it again.

Smokie
12-20-2003, 06:37 PM
If is not Bristol (due to dates) I guess I will miss it again this year.:alone:

GordonB
12-20-2003, 10:03 PM
Logan,
How about a vote for `Don't care which place is selected'?
I'd prefer Bristol, TN/VA, but Indy will do nicely.
Suggestion: `My point is we need a 'Don't Care' category as well as the Won't be going no matter where it is'.
Thanks,
GordonB

Murader03
12-22-2003, 12:58 PM
Well, as this point in time, looks like the Indy meet is winning out. If that be the case, I won't be able to make this one either. Drats! Come on Bristol......DollyWood....

mad man
12-24-2003, 05:13 AM
I am so there either one will do . I can already see the Motorcity and Chi-town crews meeting up on I65 for the ride down there.:D

mad man
12-24-2003, 05:20 AM
:D Count me in either one :D

CRUZTAKER
12-24-2003, 07:29 AM
Well, it looks as though the midwest is calling the shots on this one. Organization of the masses proves the stronger vote. Thank god the non-traveling snowbirds didn't over vote Ennis last year, I would have hated to miss it.

Apparently Indy is it, that is unless we can petition the masses of people who were at Ennis FFW, and know the difference between the IMOA and FFW. The only racing involved in an IMOA event is the mad dash to the bathroom after lemonade hour...:(

The proximity of either location means absolutely NOTHING to me. Indy is closer, it will only take a couple hours to get there....yada yada....big deal!....

Think about the EVENT people, do you want be noticed? Do you want to make a statement? Do you want race baby!!? We made a statement at FFW, AND WE CAN DO IT AGAIN. I can't believe that with ALL those high powered supercharged MM's from the mich./ill. area, that you folks would rather park your cars with a bunch of restored and retired mercury's rather than kick some a$$ and take names later at Bristol. :confused:

Well, that's how I feel, and I know ALOT of others do as well. This is a democratic vote though, so I gotta suck it up and do what the majority wants, even though history shows....sometimes the mojority was misinformed.

INDY=Coffee, naptime, bathroom visits, naptime, bluehairs.

BRISTOL=Racing, Beer, lack of sleep, racing, tech visits, timeslips, racing, tuning heads, fame.....

TAF
12-24-2003, 08:59 AM
O.K...Since I plan (hopefully) to be residing in Nashville by the summer. It's not about proximity...(actually Indy is closer to Nashville than Bristol)...it's about what we collectively feel is the most appropriate venue for the 2nd Annual Marauderville. If it was about proximity...I wouldn't have gone last year....it was about what was appropriate for the group. Some of us drove 1,700 miles round-trip...some drove that amount each way. I think it's selfish to just think of it in terms of proximity. But...you all decide what you want to decide...and I'll be there. But...I'll tell you now...going about it alone in Indy will SUCK! Barry, you hit the nail on the head above...we belong with Fun Ford Events...not trying to do it on our own. There are too many benefits to tieing in with FFW. They treated us very well last year.

So...for those of you that are only voting via proximity...I feel you're making a wrong choice as to what's best for the group.

greyghost
12-31-2003, 04:45 AM
Since, I already voted back when there was only two choices and looking at the poll today I would have voted for either Indy or Bristolo as I am planning to come to either location.

GordonB
01-02-2004, 08:04 PM
Logan, and others,
When will a call be made on WHERE the 2004 Gathering will be held? I for one hope it will be soon so I can make vacation plans around that date (whatever it is).
GordonB

GordonB
01-02-2004, 08:06 PM
Hey folks,
Can we pick one or the other and decide SOOOOON???
GordonB

SergntMac
01-09-2004, 04:03 AM
Okay folks, 24 hours left in the poll, get your votes in, K?

merc406
01-09-2004, 06:30 AM
Somebody say nap-time?, I'am so their, Indy is close enough I may try to drive me Marauder down to make it.

cruzer
01-09-2004, 10:06 PM
How many plan to attend both besides me ? We can caravan from Indy to Bristol and have some fun on the way--of course , I don't have to take off from work !!!!!

Jerry Barnes
01-17-2004, 02:31 PM
Ladies and gentlemen,

I will attend both events if people are attending both events. I would enjoy meeting the IMOA crowd and I would love racing the wheels off our cars in Bristle. So count Trilogy Motorsports in to both venues!!!! I love it when life has this many good choices, don't you?

Sounds like a real fun summer!!

Jerry