PDA

View Full Version : Wanted To Buy Engine

Motorhead350
10-17-2010, 03:16 PM
Looking for engine. Might have found, but not locked in. Let me know what you have.

Thanks guys and girls.

-Matt-
10-17-2010, 03:30 PM
Just sell you F%&^*ing car already... youve done enough damage

justbob
10-17-2010, 03:42 PM
So what exactly happened? I heard you had a bad tensioner, followed by another bad tensioner and then you mentioned something about you and spark plugs??? Is it drivable?

Motorhead350
10-17-2010, 04:16 PM
Just sell you F%&^*ing car already... youve done enough damage

You aren't helping me with your attitude and I don't regret a thing. It breaks, you fix it and drive it some more. Do you haver something to sell me or not?

Bob, the car still runs. Makes a ticking noise and from the description I have given to a few sources a piston is shot. One spark plug had zero gap again and the other had the gap thing pushed to the side... bad news again.

Spectragod
10-17-2010, 04:26 PM
I have a low mile 4.6, 31k on it, but it's a sohc.

Motorhead350
10-17-2010, 04:30 PM
I have a low mile 4.6, 31k on it, but it's a sohc.

PM me the details. Not sure I want it though. What's it from?

yjmud
10-17-2010, 05:03 PM
go and get an aluminator

yjmud
10-17-2010, 05:15 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-04-Mustang-Cobra-engine-transmission-DOHC-32V-T-56-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem27 b590020dQQitemZ170549838349QQp tZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fParts Q5fAccessories

FordNut
10-17-2010, 05:27 PM
For now, put in a new set of plugs and see if the stumble/miss/noise goes away, and take it easy on it until you get another engine.

Get a Cobra engine or short block.

MarauderTJA
10-17-2010, 05:30 PM
PM me the details. Not sure I want it though. What's it from?

Do not buy a single over head cam motor.

J-MAN
10-17-2010, 06:42 PM
Rats, had an engine and trans for sale just last month, gone now. Too bad.

DOOM
10-17-2010, 06:48 PM
Get a Cobra engine or short block.

:agree: What he ^^^^^^ said!

Then no more worries.

Mr. Man
10-17-2010, 07:50 PM
Get the biggest crate motor you can stuff into the engine bay.( I think Dodge makes a 572cu.in) Then put a blower on it. Then call Doomie out:D.
Sorry to hear about your car. Heard the news whilst in the sticks of Pa at the C.A.M. meet. Like you said you break it ,you fix it and drive on:up:

guspech750
10-17-2010, 08:01 PM
http://www.racingjunk.com/category/1274/Blocks/post/2005464/FORD-RACING-4.6-MUSTANG-COBRA-GT-ENGINE-BLOCK.html

RR|Suki
10-17-2010, 08:04 PM
http://www.racingjunk.com/category/1274/Blocks/post/2005464/FORD-RACING-4.6-MUSTANG-COBRA-GT-ENGINE-BLOCK.html

that's a block man, no internals

dmjarosz
10-17-2010, 08:06 PM
Sorry to hear about your engine, I dead the day it happens to me.

I know for sure that GM makes a 572 cu in.
http://www.gmhorsepower.com/ZZ572-720R-Deluxe.php

My favorite spec is the 4.560" bore.

I was at a boat show this summer and this guy had a 32' with dual twin supercharged 572's in it. Each was making well into the quadruple digit horsepower numbers. Sounds like a perfect setup for the 'Rauder.

Bradley G
10-17-2010, 08:07 PM
What's wrong with a forged rotating assembly & any necessary machine work?

dohc324ci
10-17-2010, 08:14 PM
I say cobra reman...cheap and boost friendly:)

look for one on svtperformance.com maybe find yourself a nice used SB.

Joe Walsh
10-17-2010, 08:21 PM
I have my OEM shortblock in the basement...but I couldn't sell it to you knowing the abuse you would heap on it.

I suggest that you 'Go Green' and buy a new Toyota Prius.

That way when you frag its' internal combustion engine, you can still get home on the electric motor and battery.

Zack
10-17-2010, 08:26 PM
LOL you guys are suggesting options that cost over 1000 dollars.

This car is gonna be parked for a long long time.

Joe Walsh
10-17-2010, 08:28 PM

I have a complete 4.6 SOHC on craigslist for $300.00
It runs great!
(with the 4R70W transmission and torque converter for $550.00)

dohc324ci
10-17-2010, 09:46 PM

You must know more than what was posted:confused:

I know how long mine sat and I am paying.....WT*:mad2: Part of this hobby you gotta pay to play....:bigcry:

Rocknthehawk
10-18-2010, 09:25 AM
You must know more than what was posted:confused:

I know how long mine sat and I am paying.....WT*:mad2: Part of this hobby you gotta pay to play....:bigcry:

If you've seen Dom's posts, you'd know he wont spend money to do anything right.

i figured this was another "i think i need but don't know but i'm kind of looking for" thread.

anyways,

a used engine will be about $2000 from a salvage yard.

Egon Spengler
10-18-2010, 09:51 AM
I'd say boy who cried wolf, but he is just a boy who cries...

Motorhead350
10-18-2010, 03:33 PM
I have my OEM shortblock in the basement...but I couldn't sell it to you knowing the abuse you would heap on it.

You know what I asked what you were selling, not what you won't sell. You just won't sell to me because you know I would enjoy it. You complain when your value goes down because of an accident on your lowmilage Marauder. Should have drove it more eh? Maybe it would have been more fun to you to drive the value down than have it hit. Too bad you saw your car as an investment rather than transporation.

Zack, I have the funds to cover the suggestions, but those funds are for emergencys only. This is no emergency, just a search as to what's out there.

If you've seen Dom's posts, you'd know he wont spend money to do anything right.

i figured this was another "i think i need but don't know but i'm kind of looking for" thread.

anyways,

a used engine will be about $2000 from a salvage yard.

Guess what chicken hair? I do spend the money to get things done right. You have yet again made a post that is no use to me and only to make me mad. You are immature and need to grow up. If you have nothing important to say than please leave.

I'd say boy who cried wolf, but he is just a boy who cries...

Really? You are back to this again? Yeah I cry. I cry about a lot, but never about the car. I have never said "why me?" on here or at anytime. I knew exactly what I was getting myself into and don't regreat anything. I'm not crying. So quit with your B.S. postings and bogus attitude. Of course being that I got mad at you I will be banned now.

I didn't ask for a lecture, don't need one either. I have chosen to change my life around for the better in the past few years. I decided to persue happiness instead of higher income... that I had a few years ago. Zack is right, the car would sit for a while, but this would be from a decision, NOT because I can't do it. If I wanna do it I wanna do it right. I would love more power, but more power cost money. I'm not going to spend thousands to have an 11 second street car... at least not right now.

The plan is to just turn the car back to N/A for the sake of transporation. I'll keep the blower, but bolt it back on and tune it later. Maybe as soon as spring, but who knows. This car has taken up more time than I'd like. It hasn't been bad, but I think my time is better spend going after my dreams than spending time in a garage. I'm actually glad this happened. I won't have to worry so much anymore and won't be driving anything that get's 16mpg on a good day any longer.

If there is a god it was a sign that it was time for a rest with the power. Having a stock junkyard engine would be fine just for the sake of getting around. I'm driving my K5 around right now, but the tranny is on edge and the speedo isn't hooked up.

Maybe I'll just say screw it all and fix it myself over winter. That'll shut a lotta you guys up and plus I'll learn something. I think I just blew a valve anyway.

jstevens
10-18-2010, 03:40 PM
Don't worry. Some of these guys can be real a## holes. They know who they are. Maybe they can't remember when they were your age.

Yeah, this hobby cost a lot and whatever you choose to do is your business. Can't we all play nice in the sandbox.

ImpalaSlayer
10-18-2010, 03:44 PM
Dom if you need a set of low mile heads i have a set for sale.

Motorhead350
10-18-2010, 03:50 PM
Dom if you need a set of low mile heads i have a set for sale.

I might have just blown a valve. Thanks Dave, I might need something or maybe I can change the valve. Either way it sounds like this will be a learning experience. I don't know what I am getting into.

ImpalaSlayer
10-18-2010, 03:53 PM
np just let me know

Joe Walsh
10-18-2010, 04:00 PM
You know what I asked what you were selling, not what you won't sell. You just won't sell to me because you know I would enjoy it. You complain when your value goes down because of an accident on your lowmilage Marauder. Should have drove it more eh? Maybe it would have been more fun to you to drive the value down than have it hit. Too bad you saw your car as an investment rather than transporation.

:blah:....:blah:.....:blah:... .yeah, yeah....whatever Dom!
The only thing that I should have done differently was not stop at a traffic light in front of some young MORON in a big Chevy truck who didn't know the difference between the gas pedal and the brake pedal.
I guess that I should strive to have a beat-to-piss high mileage rolling crapbox Marauder......:rolleyes:

Don't worry. Some of these guys can be real a## holes. They know who they are. Maybe they can't remember when they were your age. Can't we all play nice in the sandbox.

I can remember when I was Dom's age...
I also remember trying to learn as much as I could about my cars so that I could maintain and repair them on my own.
I also remember that I wasn't such helpless whiner.

TFB
10-18-2010, 04:04 PM
You may want to try to rent a engine bore scope so you can inspect the pistons, cylinder walls and valves prior to tear down... If the piston(s) and or cylinder wall is damaged(I'd say likely), then it's total rebuild time or just install another engine...

Paul T. Casey
10-18-2010, 04:09 PM
Guess what chicken hair? I do spend the money to get things done right. You have yet again made a post that is no use to me and only to make me mad. You are immature and need to grow up. If you have nothing important to say than please leave.

I think you missed his point on this one, the salvage yard engine may be the right fit for you in your current situation. Usually, they come with a warranty, which you probably won't get from anyone here. Not that the folks here are bad or anything, but the salvage yard will do it because of the volume of their sales allow it.

Zack
10-18-2010, 04:18 PM
LOL you did not 'Blow a Valve'
There are pieces of your piston missing.

Motorhead350
10-18-2010, 04:27 PM
I also remember trying to learn as much as I could about my cars so that I could maintain and repair them on my own.[/B]
I also remember that I wasn't such helpless whiner.

Good for you. What were you driving BTW? Anything running 12 seconds that you used everyday of the year? Or was it a bit more simple.... something without forced induction. That happens no matter what to a car like mine. So it's not like a did something wrong and a car like this is never supposed to break. You know that so don't ridicule me. I'm dumb, but not dumb enough to believe that it would have lasted longer.

I maintain it myself with help every now and then... and it's usually to create something homemade to keep it running.

I'm glad I don't know what it's like to be a helpless whiner too. At least we have that in common.

Joe Walsh
10-18-2010, 05:25 PM
Good for you. What were you driving BTW? Anything running 12 seconds that you used everyday of the year? Or was it a bit more simple.... something without forced induction. That happens no matter what to a car like mine. So it's not like a did something wrong and a car like this is never supposed to break. You know that so don't ridicule me. I'm dumb, but not dumb enough to believe that it would have lasted longer.

I maintain it myself with help every now and then... and it's usually to create something homemade to keep it running.

I'm glad I don't know what it's like to be a helpless whiner too. At least we have that in common.

- Pulled the wasted engine, had it rebuilt, modded it and drove the heck out of a daily driver 289 V8 '65 Mustang GT fastback.

- Tinkered, modded, fixed and maintained a daily driver '79 2.3L Turbo Mustang.

- Modded and drove the heck out of, then pulled the engine and put on ported heads, a cam, new manifold & carb, clutch, chrome goodies then drove the heck out of my daily driver 5.0 '85 Mustang GT.

- Modded and drove the heck out of, then pulled the engine and had a forged 5.0 DOHC built for my Marauder.

I did a LOT of reading, including the Helms Shop Manuals, and talked to every 'car guy' I knew to figure out how to do a lot of the stuff.
Educated guesses and trial & error were also part of the learning curve.

I didn't have the incredibly easy and bountiful resource of the Internet back then, plus computers and fuel injection make things much easier to mod and tune.

Motorhead350
10-18-2010, 05:42 PM
See Joe, you had to ask around. Even if times were different you did it back then. This is the way I do it. So there is nothing for you to complain about.

Joe Walsh
10-18-2010, 05:47 PM
I did a LOT of reading, including the Helms Shop Manuals, and talked to every 'car guy' I knew to figure out how to do a lot of the stuff.
Educated guesses and trial & error were also part of the learning curve.

I didn't have the incredibly easy and bountiful resource of the Internet back then, plus computers and fuel injection make things much easier to mod and tune.

See Joe, you had to ask around. Even if times were different you did it back then. This is the way I do it. So there is nothing for you to complain about.

You've neglected my first and most important step to learning the how-tos of car mechanics.

yjmud
10-18-2010, 08:19 PM
[QUOTE=Motorhead350;969986]Good for you. What were you driving BTW? Anything running 12 seconds that you used everyday of the year? Or was it a bit more simple.... something without forced induction. That happens no matter what to a car like mine. So it's not like a did something wrong and a car like this is never supposed to break. You know that so don't ridicule me. I'm dumb, but not dumb enough to believe that it would have lasted longer.

brad and bob seem to have 12 sec daily drivers they don't seem to have problems

Rocknthehawk
10-19-2010, 09:28 AM
I think you missed his point on this one, the salvage yard engine may be the right fit for you in your current situation. Usually, they come with a warranty, which you probably won't get from anyone here. Not that the folks here are bad or anything, but the salvage yard will do it because of the volume of their sales allow it.

Thanks Paul, Dom clearly missed the point. If he really WANTED or NEEDED an engine, he'd open up a phone book or do a google search for salvage yards in the area. Make some calls and find a used motor.

Instead he'll make some stupid comments about me being immature. Jackass, I gave you a rough idea of price. If you're willing to spend the money, go buy a motor, with a warranty. Instead, you'll tell everyone you don't know what you're doing, ask for info, and do nothing with it.

here you go doofus, i used my lunch break to show you how easy it is to find information:

2004 Marauder Engine, 92,000 miles, 22 Miles from Chicago:
80 Auto Parts Co., Inc. USA-IN(Gary) 1-866-480-7278
$2100

Here's 3 more, with info, stock numbers, and within driving distance (229 miles) from Chicago:

Engine
Mercury Marauder4.6 AOD 04/04 RWD 0H00005 $2000 Dix Automotive Recyclers (http://www.dixautorecyclers.com/) USA-MI(Lincoln-Park) 1-800-851-4350

Engine
Mercury Marauder4.6 AOD RWD 0I00021 $1850 Dix Automotive Recyclers (http://www.dixautorecyclers.com/) USA-MI(Lincoln-Park) 1-800-851-4350

Engine
Mercury Marauder4.6 AOD 09/03 RWD 0H00034 $1650 Dix Automotive Recyclers (http://www.dixautorecyclers.com/) USA-MI(Lincoln-Park) 1-800-851-4350 229

jstevens
10-19-2010, 09:45 AM
Damn, engines are expensive. Plus after you figure in the labor to install.
I would do it but I have no garage and no mechanical expertise.

Motorhead350
10-19-2010, 10:30 AM
I already looked those up Hawk. Just wanted to see what was "here".

I appreciate the help though.