PDA

View Full Version : Afr?

ctrlraven
10-20-2010, 01:37 PM
Is there anyway to get an AFR reading from the Scangauge unit for our car?

I've tried both Xgauge add-ons and nothing comes up. When I had it hooked up to my 05 Grand Prix a long time ago it would read AFR. Just curious to see how much richer I am running since doing my exhaust. I've seen a decline in my total mileage per tank in the past 3 weeks. I'm getting a dyno done this up coming weekend so I'll really find out then.

fastblackmerc
10-20-2010, 01:47 PM
Is there anyway to get an AFR reading from the Scangauge unit for our car?

I've tried both Xgauge add-ons and nothing comes up. When I had it hooked up to my 05 Grand Prix a long time ago it would read AFR. Just curious to see how much richer I am running since doing my exhaust. I've seen a decline in my total mileage per tank in the past 3 weeks. I'm getting a dyno done this up coming weekend so I'll really find out then.

From the Scangauge website:

Click Here for XGauge commands
NOTE: Not all commands are available on all vehicles.

Upgrade Your older ScanGaugeII

CLICK HERE FOR THE UPGRADE FORM

The current software versions with XGauge are 3.14 and 3.15 you can check this from the home screen and pressing MORE>MORE>MORE>VERSION

Version 3.14 was the release of the XGauge update, however the special functions did not work on Toyota Prius, version 3.15 was the release compatible with the Prius

The XGauge Feature will only work on ScanGaugeII, not the original ScanGauge

Free Upgrade if your ScanGauge was purchased on or after July 20th, 2007

The cost to upgrade if yours was purchased before July 20th is $25 (USD) per ScanGauge

There will be a new manual included with every upgrade

Return shipping to you will be provided by US Post Office and this cost is included in the $25

Please only send the ScanGaugeII unit in, do not send the cable or original packaging.

Current turnaround time is about 1 week, this does not include shipping time.

For upgrades you need to:

1. Print out the form
2. Enter all information (only put CC info if needed)
3. Mail the form, and the ScanGaugeII unit to: 2222 S. Dobson Rd. Ste 801, Mesa, AZ 85202

http://www.scangauge.com/support/upgrade.shtml

RR|Suki
10-20-2010, 01:47 PM
Our cars don't have wideband O2 sensors, so no can't be done.

Zack
10-20-2010, 01:52 PM
What Suki Said

ctrlraven
10-20-2010, 02:28 PM
Already have Version 3.15.

Thanks Suki.

Billy
10-12-2011, 07:53 AM
Our cars don't have wideband O2 sensors, so no can't be done.
Each of the four narrowband o2 sensors does report air/fuel information to the PCM. That's how your car manages its air/fuel ratio. You can retrieve that information from an OBD-II device. We used something like that last time my car was on the dyno.
Wideband o2 sensors probably wouldn't work with a scangauge anyway, because they're separate devices that don't report to the OBD-II system.

Captain Dynball
10-12-2011, 09:08 AM
Each of the four narrowband o2 sensors does report air/fuel information to the PCM. That's how your car manages its air/fuel ratio. You can retrieve that information from an OBD-II device. We used something like that last time my car was on the dyno.
Wideband o2 sensors probably wouldn't work with a scangauge anyway, because they're separate devices that don't report to the OBD-II system.

Right on the money! :banana:

MM2004
10-12-2011, 09:12 AM
Ummm...

Check the dates.

Old Thread Alert!

Mike.