PDA

View Full Version : New Server..

Logan
12-12-2003, 11:13 AM
Over the next week I will be transitioning the site to a new server.

Where the site is hosted, we share 1/4 of the server with 3 other high volume sites.

I've invested just north of $3500 of my own cash to purchase a new Dell Poweredge Server with Dual processors, 2gb of ram, and about 70gb of Raid 5 SCSI storage.

http://img.dell.com/images/global/configurator/chassis/PE1750qtr.jpg

While going to dedicated equipment is an expensive leap, it's ultimately required if this site is to remain functional with the ever-growing user load...

So, for those of you who haven't contributed to the cause in a while, I just took a severe owie in the wallet for the team. Feel free to use the "Donate" button on the main page! Every little penny helps defray the bandwidth and equipment costs.

As always, contributions are always voluntary not required, if you can, and want to, I thank you graciously. If you can't or don't want to, that's absolutely fine too!

So I would expect by next wednesday or thursday the site will be screamin' fast and the load issues will be a thing of the past... At least until we start averaging 400+ users online at the same time... :)

jaywish
12-12-2003, 11:28 AM
Hey Logan,

That baby should carry you well into the future. Great idea on your part.

Maybe I'm prying but here goes.

How do you connect to the net?

T1 in your house?

Jay

CRUZTAKER
12-12-2003, 11:48 AM
Thanks Logan....I feel the need to find that button again.
Found it...I feel better now:P

Logan
12-12-2003, 05:32 PM
The server is located at Data393 Co-locations facilities in Englewood, Colorado... It's a professional Co-lo facility. I rent rack space and 100gb of bandwidth from them monthly, and we use it all baby! :)

merc406
12-12-2003, 05:38 PM
I already got my card numbers stolen from the computer and won't do that again, can you p/m me your address to contribute?

martyo
12-12-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Logan
The server is located at Data393 Co-locations facilities in Englewood, Colorado... It's a professional Co-lo facility. I rent rack space and 100gb of bandwidth from them monthly, and we use it all baby! :)

Logan: Does Curious George live in Colorado too?

cruzer
12-12-2003, 09:15 PM
Logan, will ante up at the party Sunday, Maury

Petrograde
12-13-2003, 12:03 AM
Hey Logan,...
Well,.. you couldn't ask at a worse time if ya tried... Now, don't get me wrong,.. I love this site, and the people I've met through it are first class. But, I can't help you...uh.. us right now...

However,.. after the new year,.. I will help ya offset this major purchase on our behalf! .. and please don't think we arn't grateful!

I owe you for the connections you given me here in Dallas,.. if I contributed the the amount of $ your advice has saved me,.. I could fund the new Dell server myself!!! Unfortunately,.. I'm a blue collar stiff. I will donate what I can,.. soon... Thanks for putting this site here!

Tom

Glenn
12-13-2003, 12:21 AM
Logan:

I appreciate your dedication and work. I will donate again to the web site.

Thanks for all your efforts,

Glenn

jgc61sr2002
12-13-2003, 10:20 AM
Logan - Thank you very much for your hard work and dedication to keep this fine site up and running. My check will be in the mail shortly. Thanks again.:D

CRUZTAKER
12-13-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Logan
The server is located at Data393 Co-locations facilities in Englewood, Colorado... It's a professional Co-lo facility

To ease anyone's fears....I DID NOT install this particular co-lo! :P