PDA

View Full Version : The Ol' Marauder Still Has it in Her!

martyo
11-01-2010, 06:14 AM
As you all know, next weekend is the annual Fat Car Shoot Out when we roll out the fat girl and let her sing.

Well two weeks ago we spun her up on the dyno and bad things happened. Very bad things.

A secondary timing chain broke and some valves met some pistons in an up close and personal way.

Well after two weeks of the boys trashing on the car and melting my credit card, we had a freshened block, three new pistons, 5 new valves, solid lifters (a new upgrade), a full rebuild on the F1R, a new Magna Fuel pump (the one in teh car took a dump), and some larger injectors.

Yesterday (after working until about 3:00 a.m.), we went to the track to make a few test passes before the big event next weekend.

Straight off the trailer she ran a 9.71 @139.5 which we backed up with a 9.77 @ 138.xx.

We only made the two passes.

Next week we will have the nitrous on and she should roll out the F out!

If anybody has any doubt on what the boys at the shop are capable of, they need to come watch us next weekend.

CBT
11-01-2010, 06:16 AM
As you all know, next weekend is the annual Fat Car Shoot Out when we roll out the fat girl and let her sing.

Well two weeks ago we spun her up on the dyno and bad things happened. Very bad things.

A secondary timing chain broke and some valves met some pistons in an up close and personal way.

Well after two weeks of the boys trashing on the car and melting my credit card, we had a freshened block, three new pistons, 5 new valves, solid lifters (a new upgrade), a full rebuild on the F1R, a new Magna Fuel pump (the one in teh car took a dump), and some larger injectors.

Yesterday (after working until about 3:00 a.m.), we went to the track to make a few test passes before the big event next weekend.

Straight off the trailer she ran a 9.71 @139.5 which we backed up with a 9.77 @ 138.xx.

We only made the two passes.

Next week we will have the nitrous on and she should roll out the F out!

If anybody has any doubt on what the boys at the shop are capable of, they need to come watch us next weekend.

Almost made me spit out my coffee, but it did make my eyes water trying not to, lol. I vowed to keep track this year since I had to ask who won last year. Best of luck, man :beer:

Zack
11-01-2010, 06:18 AM
Congrats, its nice having unlimited funds.

Can I be you

Pops
11-01-2010, 06:22 AM

Can I be you

If you can be him Zack can I be your kid so you can pay my bills!:D

White Knuckles
11-01-2010, 06:31 AM
Congrats............I know its been alot of OT and Cash...........I'm sure the Fat Girl will sing this weekend :D

Bluerauder
11-01-2010, 06:35 AM

Fantastic !! Looking forward to a great showing at SSHS10 this year. Go for it Marty. :2thumbs: Good luck down in Commerce. We'll be watching from here.

mlschultz
11-01-2010, 06:37 AM
Congratulations to you Marty, and your Team! Best of luck this weekend! :)

martyo
11-01-2010, 06:59 AM

Yep. That is all it took.

And the best part about it is that I didn't have to work for any of the funds.

Can I be you

Nope.

martyo
11-01-2010, 07:00 AM
If you can be him Zack can I be your kid so you can pay my bills!:D

Please do not encourage Zack to breed.

merc
11-01-2010, 07:05 AM
That's amazing considering the size of the motor. Nice very Nice:)

martyo
11-01-2010, 07:08 AM
That's amazing considering the size of the motor. Nice very Nice:)

We learned something that would have benefited you.

Stiff sidewall slicks and front runners.

she had much better manners this weekend and was much less violent going down the track.

merc
11-01-2010, 07:26 AM
We learned something that would have benefited you.

she had much better manners this weekend and was much less violent going down the track.

Ok, I am all ears.

http://fcn.agronomy.psu.edu/images/roth0729image3.jpg

CBT
11-01-2010, 07:44 AM
That's corny :lol:

Ok, I am all ears.

martyo
11-01-2010, 07:51 AM
Ok, I am all ears.

It is the only way to go when these cars get out.

What a difference.

jflave
11-01-2010, 07:53 AM
Way to go Marty, great team, tear it up next weekend.

RR|Suki
11-01-2010, 08:32 AM
Hate you Marty :P

PS I want to be you when I grow up

FordNut
11-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Way to go! And when you take home the trophy again can we call that recent comment you made just idle chatter?

martyo
11-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Way to go! And when you take home the trophy again can we call that recent comment you made just idle chatter?

Honestly Jeff and I spoke about this at length yesterday -- we had 6 hours of time in the truck to talk without distractions (something I miss and a first since we opended the shop).

I think we may dial the car back some and I may get back behind the wheel again for some passes at the MCE track day at Reynolds later this month, but after this year's Fat Car Shootout, we are unlikely to campaign this car any more other than perhaps for me to get some seat time again (I have not driven down the track in a few years for health reasons). We are ready to move on to something that is easier (and cheaper) to go fast. Despite the remarks of others I don't exZackly have unlimited funds. :burnout:

DEFYANT
11-01-2010, 05:21 PM
Good stuff Marty. Wish I could be there to witness history! Thanks

martyo
11-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Good stuff Marty. Wish I could be there to witness history! Thanks

Me too! I can not remember the last time I saw you Charlie.

DOOM
11-01-2010, 05:29 PM
Best of luck to you.

Shoot for the 8's!!! :burn: