PDA

View Full Version : The Best of Times, The Worst of Times....

martyo
11-06-2010, 03:42 PM
The best of times:

New best for the car (and a new record to boot):

9.62 @ 140.12 (with blower and nitrous)

10.02 @ 135.85 (blower only)

We had a great time and got to see a lot of old friends, including Chris Woods, the drivier of Big John's Big Dawg winning Impala. I have known Chris for years, been to the track with him many times and enjoyed the rivalry with him this year.

A big thanks goees to all the folks who worked hard to put on the highlight event of the year, and all the friends we got to see and chat with.

Of course, I appreciate Jeff, Brandon and Dave, as well as all of the other guys from our shop who work hard on the car and keepp a good sense of humor about it.

The worst of times:

The blower slung more belts off the car than we have in years and did collateral damage everytime we did (trans lines, crank sensor, trans brake wiring)

Unfortunately we just could not pull the stars into alignment this year and get the car to do what it needed to do -- be consistent.

We will see where we go from here.....

CBT
11-06-2010, 03:49 PM
9.62 @ 140.12 (with blower and nitrous)

Good Lawd that's movin'! :beer:
You said you had fun, that's what it's all about. I don't have the nicest or fastest Marauder, but going to Marauder meets is good enough for me, it's about the cars and the people. Well, and some beer thrown in. :D
Did anyone take any pics for us non-attenders to slobber over?

martyo
11-06-2010, 04:16 PM
id anyone take any pics for us non-attenders to slobber over?

Hack did but they have a 4 million mile drive to get home!!!

Bradley G
11-06-2010, 04:57 PM
Good job to your crew Martin and thanks for your support!

Pops
11-06-2010, 05:12 PM
We are in Nashville on the 4 million mile ride. Pictures on Monday. Had a great time watchong your team Marty. :) A lot of other guys who raced need to chime in on this thread. A lot of things happened and played out today. It was great to see everyone again and meet some new faces.:) Some of you Southern boys :2thumbs:are getting pretty good!

FordNut
11-06-2010, 05:17 PM
I know Dennis had a good run, went too fast and got booted for no roll bar. I assume he's on the road back home, I didn't see him after the event.

Steve had a bad day, fuel system quit before he even got it off the trailer.

John's Impala ran solidly in the 8's, so we've got our work cut out for us to take the Big Dog trophy back.

BODYMAN
11-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Slinging the belts is the pits seem to cost more money everytime you do it. On my stangs with centri blowers it seemed that once I got it right that belt would last 20,xxx but 3-4 by that time is costly! Great times marty sounds like you all had fun:D

ntd
11-06-2010, 05:32 PM
I can't wait to see all the vids and hear the battle story's. Seems the Marauders are holding there own against the Impala SS's. Sucks about Martyo's car wonder why does it keep trowing belts?

1stMerc
11-06-2010, 05:34 PM
This was indeed a great event. Even tho i did not race i am glad i made the trip. It was good seeing some old faces and meeting new ones. It was great to see the Mo's Speed shop special live and in living color and to witness tne new record times. Props go out to Marty and his crew getting the car ready for the event and repairs as needed.
DR you're going to have to break down and get that roll cage.

Cograts to all who had successful runs and hope the times met your expectations.

Thanks go to all who made this event possible and a success.

Safe trip home all.

P.s. Brian, was that your Whipple outside the tee shirt gate. Sweet....

FordNut
11-06-2010, 05:40 PM
This was indeed a great event. Even tho i did not race i am glad i made the trip.

P.s. Brian, was that your Whipple outside the tee shirt gate. Sweet....

Thanks for coming, it's worth the trip for the socializing and spectating even if you don't race.

That was it, the nastiest car on the grounds. I left Friday morning heading down there in the rain, after just cleaning it up. I was too disgusted and tired to clean it up again after the drive. At least it looks good under the hood!

1stMerc
11-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Glad you braved the rain. That was the first Whippled Marauder i've seen in all the events attended.

Hope you don't have Deja vu on the trip home.

FormulaMarauder
11-06-2010, 06:33 PM
Congrats on the new time, now update your slip in the database.

scoutrjp
11-06-2010, 06:54 PM
A big congataulation goes out to Levi, who placed runner up in the "D" class. Now this is a guy who had never run bracket racing but was just consistent all day long. Find a good place for your trophy!! Russ ran a personal best and got the trophy for the most runs of the day. TAF had his awesome car there that is just one of the nice's MM I have seen.
With the help of my personal race coach. thank you Pops, I had my personal best today, 12.178 @112.63, 60 of 1.810. I am still learning.
It was a great day with a lot of great racing and people. Hope everyone makes it home safe.:)

boatmangc
11-06-2010, 07:45 PM
Once again a great event. am happy to have been there for my 5th year. Great bunch of guys, Lots of big fast cars.
Can't wait for next year.

Bonus; I didn't break!

And I gotta update my sig. picture.

martyo
11-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Steve had a bad day, fuel system quit before he even got it off the trailer.

Wish we had known -- we would have lent him a hand.

GAMike
11-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Learning my butt:D You were layin it down:burnout: A note about Levi....... Besides being a great guy (and having a pretty cool pit crew) He actually won his class....... The lady inputting the "breakouts" into the system got his wrong, but still declared the other racer the winner, due to the need for a correction to be made prior to the run... (The breakout is shown on the bigboard as folks roll down the track, and to the racers at the starting line as you go through your burnout....) A racer is supposed to stop a race official and correct it there, then race.

I illustrate this, because in my limited (very limited) drag racing experience I have never seen this happen before, and thought it important to share so that all the racers here, add this activity to their staging punchlist.:beer: Regardless, Congrats to Levi for representing the Marauder community in Class D.

Thank you to all the sponsors for stepping up this year. From a financial support perspective I would say as others have, the Marauder community more than held up our end.

I was dissapointed that Glassman99 was not able to bring his beast to life today. That would have been a highlight for certain to see you roll Steve. Hopefully soon brother. Glad to see you at the track:bows:

Also was surprised at the light MOPAR representation this year...Did we scare em last year???:cool4:

Gary did a great job setting Mike Shultz's Mark up for the car show (trophy please) so much so, that when others thought about entering they just gave up when they saw the car:eek: Oh yea and it runs 11's too:lol:. Think Gary swiped a trophy again this year for paint as well (sick paint bud.... Lotsa clean Marauders Cwright's, TAF's, Levi's, Scoutrjp's, and Hotrauders but your paint is off the chart)

A big +2!!! to both Pops and Tom (Marauderman)...... They were doing lots of coaching. Thanks for the tips guys! (Anxious to see Paul's pictures for TOD and the Shootout too) Good to see you guys again.

Glad to meet Pat from Bossier City, LA today. Hope ya had fun today:banana2:
My racing today was impacted by losing my posi, and not being able to hook both tires at the same time on launch. So I was not where I hoped to be, but still had fun "slippin and slidin" all the way down. A big plus for me was racing Cwright as he made his maiden voyage down the 1/4. The look on his face post race, was what I recall looking in my rearview back in 2006..... Priceless:D

The reason why I like the event, is not for the bragging rights or the trophies, but for the people (Dennis W. Stacy, Bill B.(we thought we were early for breakfast hehehe) Willie & John, Russ TAF, the Southern Marauder gang) ect. Met alot of folks at this event over the years, from both the Chebby and Marauder crowd that I enjoy catching up with at the event.

I hope it continues, and hope some of the folks missing this year, make it back as they were missed for sure.

A big congataulation goes out to Levi, who placed runner up in the "D" class. Now this is a guy who had never run bracket racing but was just consistent all day long. Find a good place for your trophy!! Russ ran a personal best and got the trophy for the most runs of the day. TAF had his awesome car there that is just one of the nice's MM I have seen.
With the help of my personal race coach. thank you Pops, I had my personal best today, 12.178 @112.63, 60 of 1.810. I am still learning.
It was a great day with a lot of great racing and people. Hope everyone makes it home safe.:)

Pops
11-07-2010, 04:58 AM

You had a great day racing! 11s are just around the corner for you. I noticed that you did not post your secret Nitto Drag Radial set up sor everyone! Had them om the car backwards!!!!;)

It was a good time and we are looking forward to next year. Maybe I will have the act together for the Grand Monkey!:)

boatmangc
11-07-2010, 05:02 AM
Also was surprised at the light MOPAR representation this year...Did we scare em last year???:cool4:

Gary did a great job setting Mike Shultz's Mark up for the car show (trophy please) so much so, that when others thought about entering they just gave up when they saw the car:eek: Oh yea and it runs 11's too:lol:. Think Gary swiped a trophy again this year for paint as well (sick paint bud.... Lotsa clean Marauders Cwright's, TAF's, Levi's, Scoutrjp's, and Hotrauders but your paint is off the chart)

A big +2!!! to both Pops and Tom (Marauderman)...... They were doing lots of coaching. Thanks for the tips guys! (Anxious to see Paul's pictures for TOD and the Shootout too) Good to see you guys again.

I hope it continues, and hope some of the folks missing this year, make it back as they were missed for sure.

Yeah Mike, I thought it was funny that the only mopar mentioned at the trophy presentation was for a rental car. The guy picked the car up at 6:00 AM, bet the snot out of it all day and loaded 2 trophies in it before he left!

I knew I shouldn't have spent quite that much time on Mike Shultz's car!
Best in show! Oh well at least he gave Cory and I our props for making it shine.

As far as Levi, I spent a few hours with him last night teaching him how to use the PC on his paint. If he paid attention neither Mike or I will stand a chance in the next paint competition. It's amazing how much there is to work with on paint with less than 15K on the clock.

Unfortunately I was unaware of Pop's Drag Race 101 course or I would have enrolled. If any of you saw me run you know I can use all the advice I can get. Interesting that with more HP and more torque I was slower than last year. But then again I didn't splatter my motor all over the track!

Richard it was good to see you this year, I was apprehensive running you at the end of the day after our history last year.
Man your car is fast this year, congratulations!

Marty, it was good to meet you face to face, bummer about the belts, now you have to come back next year to redeem what should have been yours.

With what I gathered from the people I talked to last night SSHS10 finished in a break even situation financially and it sounds like a go for SSHS11!!

I'm ready, where do I sign. :burnout:

Thanks to all who were involved. Keep up the good work.

TAF, if you read this, it was great to see you again man. If you wake up one morning and your interior is gone it wasn't me. :lol:

Pops
11-07-2010, 05:09 AM
Marty, Hack has some great pictures and video for you. :D I am sure you will love the walk of despair and I can't believe this just happened one. He said no posting of that one till you gave it your blessing! :alone: He also has a lot of pictures that tell the story of the quick repair of the tranny line. Pretty cool shots!;) It was great to see you again.

SC Cheesehead
11-07-2010, 07:08 AM
Can't wait to see the pics.

Wish I could have been there, it's always great getting together with everybody.

:congrats: to Marty :2thumbs:

Marauderman
11-07-2010, 09:13 AM
Learning my butt:D You were layin it down:burnout: A note about Levi....... Besides being a great guy (and having a pretty cool pit crew) He actually won his class....... The lady inputting the "breakouts" into the system got his wrong, but still declared the other racer the winner, due to the need for a correction to be made prior to the run... (The breakout is shown on the bigboard as folks roll down the track, and to the racers at the starting line as you go through your burnout....) A racer is supposed to stop a race official and correct it there, then race.

I illustrate this, because in my limited (very limited) drag racing experience I have never seen this happen before, and thought it important to share so that all the racers here, add this activity to their staging punchlist.:beer: Regardless, Congrats to Levi for representing the Marauder community in Class D.

Thank you to all the sponsors for stepping up this year. From a financial support perspective I would say as others have, the Marauder community more than held up our end.

I was dissapointed that Glassman99 was not able to bring his beast to life today. That would have been a highlight for certain to see you roll Steve. Hopefully soon brother. Glad to see you at the track:bows:

My racing today was impacted by losing my posi, and not being able to hook both tires at the same time on launch. So I was not where I hoped to be, but still had fun "slippin and slidin" all the way down. A big plus for me was racing Cwright as he made his maiden voyage down the 1/4. The look on his face post race, was what I recall looking in my rearview back in 2006..... Priceless:D

The reason why I like the event, is not for the bragging rights or the trophies, but for the people (Dennis W. Stacy, Bill B.(we thought we were early for breakfast hehehe) Willie & John, Russ TAF, the Southern Marauder gang) ect. Met alot of folks at this event over the years, from both the Chebby and Marauder crowd that I enjoy catching up with at the event.

Once again what can I say---WOW!!

Mike you have pretty much said it all^^^^ but I want to all some more--

First off--It was GREAT seeing once again Dennis W. (Hotrauder)from Fla... He made the trip especially to see all of us first and then racing second---....and then of course his car is the ....well....just can't compare --its fantastic with all the bling and personal grooming .....truly a car for storytelling time..........

Although I wasn't racing this year, I hope to be next year with some changes to help me to the 11's...we'll see.........

The friendship is and as always whats its really all about overall.......most of us usually don't get to do much racing past T&T so the friendship is terrific.
Its no doubt that had there been those who had problems and could not compete were there, I believe the end would have been different--but things happen for a reason its said --so lets hope its for the best and we all can meet next year for more fun and friendship

And Mike --its always fun hanging with you---and all my southern friends --my first friend TAF was a pleasure to be around once again--....FordNut had some great shirts --got one too- and his car --well he needs to be back in the hunt with those others for sure--

and C wright---Great going my friend--got that Virgin off your shoulder and now the taste is better than expected--Oh Yeah........

SO much and so many going on's--you just have to be there to social to get it all

Hope more can make it next year--The MM community could use it...

napolitano
11-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Thanks to all sponsors for your support. Nice meeting people and putting faces with names. I know i may not post a lot , i work to much so i can come to events like this and have fun with guys like you. Gary showed me top secret detail tips and i smoked a lot of impala a*$ to win second for outlaw class. Stacy, mike tom and anybody else i missed nice meeting you all.

Pops
11-07-2010, 10:39 AM
Hey Hotrauder, the brownies are great! Thank Penny for Hack and myself!:)

napolitano
11-07-2010, 10:43 AM
Thanks Mike, for those that don't know my name is Levi screen name Napolitano. Yeah the old lady with glasses in the tower looking through binoculers saw my dial-in time as 12.20 instead off 12.29, the would have beat that buick slash chevy junkyard wars car, i guess i was supposed to check the board for her mistakes. Next year may i suggest the track hold a drivers meeting, a lot of people were confused and didn't know wha was going on or how bracket racing, headsup actually works, including myself. I had to call my boss, he races stock cars, to explain to me the rules. Mike my lady and buddy mikey thought you were hilarious. ,

Hotrauder
11-07-2010, 04:26 PM

Glad you liked them! Penny sends her love. See you both next time. Dennis

Marauderman
11-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Thanks to all sponsors for your support. Nice meeting people and putting faces with names. I know i may not post a lot , i work to much so i can come to events like this and have fun with guys like you. Gary showed me top secret detail tips and i smoked a lot of impala a*$ to win second for outlaw class. Stacy, mike tom and anybody else i missed nice meeting you all.

This "tom " ^^ appreciated meeting you and seeing your MM do so well--Hope you can return next year for more fun--I like your style!!

Hummm.. I didn't get any ---you did not mention anything about this ..??

Thanks Mike, for those that don't know my name is Levi screen name Napolitano. Yeah the old lady with glasses in the tower looking through binoculers saw my dial-in time as 12.20 instead off 12.29, the would have beat that buick slash chevy junkyard wars car, i guess i was supposed to check the board for her mistakes. Next year may i suggest the track hold a drivers meeting, a lot of people were confused and didn't know wha was going on or how bracket racing, headsup actually works, including myself. I had to call my boss, he races stock cars, to explain to me the rules. Mike my lady and buddy mikey thought you were hilarious. ,

You are so right about the change about your dial in numbers--enjoy the trophy and realize we( MM'ers) will make a difference next time!!

Glad you liked them! Penny sends her love. See you both next time. Dennis

Again--where were they in the parking lot when we could enjoy them--J/K-:lol:--gotta pull your string somehow!!

Marauderman
11-07-2010, 04:58 PM
Mike my lady and buddy mikey thought you were hilarious. ,

You have not seen the real Mikey!!!!!!!!even I have not based on stories I have heard-But this guy is fun and great to have around and a friend you can always count on --=like the country song --FOR SURE--!!

Mike is truly a special person - of so many aspects--he makes your presence in event at that time in space make you feel like its going to be the best fun around!--period!--there are not that many folks around like him who can make you feel you missed out on not knowing him for many years before hand----I am glad I know Mike and can enjoy him and his antics while with him--he will always have some comment on any subject--now thats fun---!

CBT
11-07-2010, 05:04 PM
You have not seen the real Mikey!!!!!!!!even I have not based on stories I have heard-But this guy is fun and great to have around and a friend you can always count on --=like the country song --FOR SURE--!!

Mike is truly a special person - of so many aspects--he makes your presence in event at that time in space make you feel like its going to be the best fun around!--period!--there are not that many folks around like him who can make you feel you missed out on not knowing him for many years before hand----I am glad I know Mike and can enjoy him and his antics while with him--he will always have some comment on any subject--now thats fun---!
Who? GAMike?

Marauderman
11-07-2010, 06:42 PM
Who? GAMike?

But of Course!!!!!!!!!!

CWright
11-07-2010, 06:52 PM
Thanks Tom and Mike! I had a great time and the cherry was popped!:D Now I know what I'll be doing over the next year for more mods. Dennis keep your eyes and ears peeled! I'll be calling on you next year for some upgrades.

All I know is yesterday was a blast. I did hate to see some marauders break down but some were rescued and able to run. Way to go Marty with your run. Dennis Reinhart had some great runs as well. It was a lot of fun with my first run EVER! Nervous excitement to say the least. Needless to say though the hook was thrown into my mouth and set. Thanks to DR, Tom, Mike, Levi, Todd, and the others for the encouragement to get out there. It was fun to run against GAMIKE. But I'll have more for you next time!:D Plus we know how turns out from a 70 roll!:P

Now to LEVI, Great Job My Friend!!! You ran great! I hated I had to leave before the end but I had to do my best to get out of the dog house:D. Thanks to you and Mike for giving me a call to let me know how you finished! We'll be talking over the next few weeks about the next mods.

It was great to see everyone and wished more of you could have come down/up/over. Already looking forward to Kentucky. It is always great to hang out with other Marauder owners. I have a few runs from Test and Tune I'll post up sometime tommorow. Pat, I still have your racing jacket and will PM you for the address to mail it back to you. Thanks for letting me use!

Tom I'm sure will have his car there next year!:D
Big THANKS to everyone for a great time!:beer:

CBT
11-07-2010, 06:58 PM
But of Course!!!!!!!!!!
He's a pretty good arm wrestler, too! :beer:

Marauderman
11-07-2010, 07:07 PM
He's a pretty good arm wrestler, too! :beer:

I quite dong that years ago--rather wrestle the "tree" nowadays--its the "bracket" thingy that just kills me--glad I have some time to play before next year----

GAMike
11-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Thank you for your kind words Tom. It is an honor to share time with you, your family and our other Marauder freinds.

When I bought my first Marauder and went to my first breakfast, I thought that I might go to one or two events a year....... Never did I think this car and the people in this fraternity would be such a big and welcome part of my life.

Thanks again for the lies Tom:bows:

Casey...... Its all those Cold Beer curls that keep me in shape:P Round is a shape right?:lol:

martyo
11-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Marty, Hack has some great pictures and video for you. :D I am sure you will love the walk of despair and I can't believe this just happened one. He said no posting of that one till you gave it your blessing! :alone: He also has a lot of pictures that tell the story of the quick repair of the tranny line. Pretty cool shots!;) It was great to see you again.

He can post any pictures he likes, he has my permission.

I would like hime to send me a disc with whatever he can, if he doesn't mind.

Pat
11-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Patricia and I got home in good shape this evening, we had a wonderful time.

Glad to meet other distinguished members of the Marauder community; MartyO, Napolitano, GAmike, TAF, Marauderman, Glassman99 and others.

Fruit Punch hasn't changed a bit since MV4.

DR's car was a beast, roll cage time.

MartyO's crew demonstrated their expertise in keeping his car repaired in time for the next run.

GAMike was indomitable.

See you good folks again I'm sure.

Regards,

Pat

boatmangc
11-08-2010, 05:51 AM
Pat,
Somehow we missed each other.
Guess you'll have to come next year.

Pops, I never saw you leave, PM me your mailing address and I'll ship your jacket to you. Thanks Buddy!

prchrman
11-08-2010, 10:04 AM
Post up after my 8th shootout. Several good things to post, Marty getting a 9.62 awesome. GAMike spinning looked like through the 1/8 mile every time killer, loved it. the Chebby truck spinning one tire all the way down the track priceless, run of the day, still laughing about it. Seeing TAF's car again, green with envy, not dish against anyone but he has my ideal MM, it is total, nothing needed. Seeing all you old farts again is what it is all about, even you jar heads. Not seeing the old hippie there was the debbie downer of the day, you let me down Paul :D. All in all an enjoyable day. Big John's impala is insane.

Blown3.8
11-08-2010, 11:24 AM
the Chebby truck spinning one tire all the way down the track priceless, run of the day, still laughing about it..

He still hasn't fixed that!?:D:burnout: Same thing last year.:lol:

Sorry we missed ya'll. Hope to see ya next year. I woulda brought the T Bird down, but would have been in the same boat as Reinhart.

GAMike
11-08-2010, 12:11 PM
We aim to please Willie. :P Good to see you and John! If the Chebby was a red one, that's my friend Nick. That truck is monster fast when it hooks!:burnout:

Post up after my 8th shootout. Several good things to post, Marty getting a 9.62 awesome. GAMike spinning looked like through the 1/8 mile every time killer, loved it. the Chebby truck spinning one tire all the way down the track priceless, run of the day, still laughing about it. Seeing TAF's car again, green with envy, not dish against anyone but he has my ideal MM, it is total, nothing needed. Seeing all you old farts again is what it is all about, even you jar heads. Not seeing the old hippie there was the debbie downer of the day, you let me down Paul :D. All in all an enjoyable day. Big John's impala is insane.

magindat
11-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Damn sorry I missed this again. Talk about stars not aligning. oh well.

Marty I have a belt suggestion for you - but I'll PM and not hijack this thread....

Congrats on the new record time!

:beer:

prchrman
11-08-2010, 01:31 PM
We aim to please Willie. :P Good to see you and John! If the Chebby was a red one, that's my friend Nick. That truck is monster fast when it hooks!:burnout:

No it was the black one, not the same as last year as it was white if I remember correctly and the guy was always looking at the crowd with a real goofy look on his face as he went by spinning. Strange both times it was chebby trucks.

Good to see ya Mike.