PDA

View Full Version : SSHS10 Videos

CWright
11-07-2010, 08:12 PM
Here are 3 videos: GaMike, Dennis Reinhart, and Levi (Napolitano)

GaMike
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuPSFDhv59k

Dennis Reinhart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcxzawPP8ZA

Levi (Napolitano)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2KG_LgqYlQ

Enjoy!:beer:

FormulaMarauder
11-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Levi's burnout was painful to watch.

GAMike
11-07-2010, 08:48 PM

Thats exactly what Dennis's car (and my car does when I heat up) did.

I posted a 12.73 1/4 last year........ The run Chris video'd was my best run this year. Gotta get that posi fixed :o.

Levi's car is so clean, and so fast! I see him in the 11's soon:burnout:
Dennis's car has massive midrange! Spray is your friend:lol:

Thanks for the clip Chris.

LANDY
11-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Those are good videos. Thanks for sharing, i will make it next year forsure.
Good job Levi, im glad those slicks did the job.

FormulaMarauder
11-07-2010, 09:29 PM
I just put a Detroit locker true-trac in not too long ago. fantastic and highly recommended.

Other than that, good times guys! Way to represent!

napolitano
11-08-2010, 04:22 AM
Thanks to Landys slicks i believe i ran a conservative 12.29, Chris video capability surpassed my own, thanks buddy. I think that's the run my linelock was malfunctioning,i will have to get that fixed because heating one tire up gets me no where.

stumpy
11-08-2010, 08:09 AM

That was the line crews fault. They're supposed to watch for that and let the driver know when it happens so that he can get out of it and not do damage to the POSI.

Zack
11-08-2010, 09:14 AM
Thanks to Landys slicks i believe i ran a conservative 12.29, Chris video capability surpassed my own, thanks buddy. I think that's the run my linelock was malfunctioning,i will have to get that fixed because heating one tire up gets me no where.

Wow.
Do you know how a linelock works?

PonyUP
11-08-2010, 09:19 AM
Sounds like you guys had fun, really wish I could have made it but work has been crazy. I'll clear the schedule for next year though. :beer:

GAMike
11-08-2010, 09:34 AM
Wow.
Do you know how a linelock works?

Why do you do this Zack? If you were so concerned you could have taken more time to phrase your question appropriately. Levi has enough people in his corner, so that even if he doesn't (which I doubt), they do....

You never miss an opportunity on MM.net to try and position yourself as the end all expert even when you have not been asked for advice...... Just cause you have a fast car you think you can pontificate?

Go find some other thread to piss on.

Zack
11-08-2010, 09:35 AM
Why do you do this Zack? If you were so concerned you could have taken more time to phrase your question appropriately. Levi has enough people in his corner, so that even if he doesn't (which I doubt), they do....

You never miss an opportunity on MM.net to try and position yourself as the end all expert even when you have not been asked for advice...... Just cause you have a fast car you think you can pontificate?

Go find some other thread to piss on.

Here we go.....

I find it crazy that you can have a low 12 second car and not know how your hardware works.

martyo
11-08-2010, 10:31 AM
Here we go.....

I find it crazy that you can have a low 12 second car and not know how your hardware works.

I find it crazy that you can be an English major and so inartful with words.

Crazier still is that I like you. Sometimes.

Zack
11-08-2010, 10:39 AM
I find it crazy that you can be an English major and so inartful with words.

Crazier still is that I like you. Sometimes.

Well, by livelihood is not based on manipulating the english language to convince 12 people that what you are telling them may be a bold faced lie :eek: :D

martyo
11-08-2010, 11:10 AM
Well, by livelihood is not based on manipulating the english language to convince 12 people that what you are telling them may be a bold faced lie :eek: :D

You just proved my point!!!!!

:beer:

GAMike
11-08-2010, 11:12 AM
I find it crazy that you are assuming this. I also find it crazy that you have such keyboard diarrhea about things that you have absolutely no involvement in.

Here we go???

Mind your business and back off Zack. This is where we go...

Here we go.....

Blown3.8
11-08-2010, 11:15 AM
He(Levi) was probably saying that by holding the foot brake, it was not helping the rear tires spin freely.

Good to see some video's of what we missed.:beer:

Zack
11-08-2010, 11:18 AM
:hug2:
I find it crazy that you are assuming this. I also find it crazy that you have such keyboard diarrhea about things that you have absolutely no involvement in.

Here we go???

Mind your business and back off Zack. This is where we go...

ok you win.

Had your estrogen levels checked recently?

Zack
11-08-2010, 11:19 AM
He(Levi) was probably saying that by holding the foot brake, it was not helping the rear tires spin freely.

Good to see some video's of what we missed.:beer:

Now that makes total sense.

Still, fixing the linelock will not cure the Posi.

CWright
11-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Here we go.....

Maybe if you worded in a way that it came across as constructive criticism it might be better taken. The way I'm taking your comment it comes across as derogatory and basically being a Smart A$$. Maybe I read it the wrong way. If so please clarify yourself.

GAMike
11-08-2010, 11:58 AM
:hug2:

ok you win.

Had your estrogen levels checked recently?

I'm not the one that needs to be checked Zack....

Now that makes total sense.

Still, fixing the linelock will not cure the Posi.

I don't recall anyone asking for your input here. This is my whole point... Even if you might be right wrong whatever.... Nobody came and asked you "Zack...What am I doing wrong" "Zack teach me o Marauder wizard".

Have at least enough sense to be classy about how you share your opinion, if your gonna keep offering it unsolicited in the future.

boatmangc
11-08-2010, 12:31 PM
I'll say this.
I have spent quite a bit of time with Levi in the past few days and a lot of time on the phone. He is definitely not clueless about what goes round and round under the hood and what makes the binders work.

FormulaMarauder
11-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Zack asked a simple question, "Do you know how a linelock works?" and the forum blows up. I was thinking the same thing. I don't see how the linelock malfunctioning has anything to do with one legged burnouts.
Relax guys, it's Monday.
-Cheers.

GAMike
11-08-2010, 12:54 PM
Sorry Formula, but I have to say that you are mistaken here.

Nothing is ever simple with Zack. If anyone else asked the Q unsolicited, I would not have said a word. Zack however has a habit that he just cannot kick, and that is always trying to show his "knowledge".

If he were at the event, and met Levi, or had a history with him previously, its one thing...... But to phrase the Q the way he did, unsolicited to someone he does not know, is impolite and wrong.

End o story.

Zack asked a simple question, "Do you know how a linelock works?" and the forum blows up. I was thinking the same thing. I don't see how the linelock malfunctioning has anything to do with one legged burnouts.
Relax guys, it's Monday.
-Cheers.

Egon Spengler
11-08-2010, 12:57 PM
I have a crazy idea... MOVE ON! Get the thread back on track and discuss the great time you had at the event.

CWright
11-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Well it was DERAILED at Post 8 with what I took as a Smart A$$ remark! I have asked for clarification of what was meant (Meaning SM A$$ or not) but I guess I was right in how I took it along with few others. That is what is being addressed and too many let it continue with out saying a word.

On the other hand I had a great time! Wished more of you could have been there. Maybe next year! Maybe a few videos will post up out here.

Pops
11-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Bet Hack has more as he gets time. Its Happy Hour now!:D

-Matt-
11-08-2010, 01:46 PM
http://casualhardcore.files.wordpress .com/2009/02/dramallama.jpg

Dennis Reinhart
11-08-2010, 02:16 PM
Maybe if you worded in a way that it came across as constructive criticism it might be better taken. The way I'm taking your comment it comes across as derogatory and basically being a Smart A$$. Maybe I read it the wrong way. If so please clarify yourself.

No you read it Exactly right, and we see this every week, I am sick of it, and the owners said this would not be allowed, he told every member here he has changed when allowed to come back, and he has slowly drifted to the same old Zack. This is the second post today laced with it.

Maybe he should have drove up and shown all of us how to do it.

In before the LOCK.

martyo
11-08-2010, 02:39 PM
In before the LOCK.

Priceless.

CBT
11-08-2010, 03:29 PM
CW, cool vids :beer: Going to Louisville this time? You hit Charlotte, now the shootout, I think you got the bug!

CWright
11-08-2010, 03:35 PM
CW, cool vids :beer: Going to Louisville this time? You hit Charlotte, now the shootout, I think you got the bug!

Oh YEA! I can't wait! Just waiting for the dates to plan. I heard it is a blast in Kentucky! Going 3 for 3.:D

CBT
11-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Oh YEA! I can't wait! Just waiting for the dates to plan. I heard it is a blast in Kentucky! Going 3 for 3.:D

Nope. It's terrible. :shake: Marauders everywhere, people having a blast, it sucks!

CWright
11-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Nope. It's terrible. :shake: Marauders everywhere, people having a blast, it sucks!

Sounds like my kind of fun!:lol:

napolitano
11-08-2010, 03:47 PM
Little zack, i don't know who you are, but I know your kind,worthless, my big toe does more work in five minutes than you have your whole life. I will always be smarter than you, have more money, be more successful, bigger house, more cars than you. Your kind is what we see in a trailer park living off my taxes, off my leftovers, never having anything in life, always pitiful, an excuse for existing. I take a zack every morning when i wake up. I fell sorry for your mother, she must have had it hard, didnt she? Why don't you come to any events? You don't feel your piece of zack is worth it, do you. I don't think you are very intelligent and your colleagues are even more unimpressive. My linelock was malfunctioning, so I powerbraked it. I do not like that because it is working two forces against each other. A linelock only holds the front brakes, allowing the rear wheels to spin freely. As soon as I fix the problem I will let my fellow members know what it was. For some reason my driver rear tire brake was sticking. I know this because I tested it in the parking lot after my first run. Thanks for the video Chris, Mike if little zack is stupid enough he will come to the next event and speak to me in person, otherwise until then little zack, do not post in any thread i am involved in. If you financially can't make an event to apologize to me in person, i will give you my address to finish this conversation in person. Mm.net, i apologize for any inconvenience little zack has caused you. We ignore people like this.

PonyUP
11-08-2010, 03:47 PM
Sounds like my kind of fun!:lol:

You'll love Louisville, we absolutely have a blast. Personally I can't wait for this year as I finally have a Marauder of my own.

The Highlights are usually casey dressing up like the New Year's Baby doing a Richard Simmons workout, Just Bob dressing like Cupid, shooting everyone in the butt with his arrows, of and then there's drag night. Not dragging racing, we make all newbies to Louisville dress in Drag and perform Liza Minelli numbers :beer:

napolitano
11-08-2010, 04:00 PM
When is louisville? A meet or do they have racing also?

CWright
11-08-2010, 04:05 PM
You'll love Louisville, we absolutely have a blast. Personally I can't wait for this year as I finally have a Marauder of my own.

The Highlights are usually casey dressing up like the New Year's Baby doing a Richard Simmons workout, Just Bob dressing like Cupid, shooting everyone in the butt with his arrows, of and then there's drag night. Not dragging racing, we make all newbies to Louisville dress in Drag and perform Liza Minelli numbers :beer:

EASY NOW! :lol: Tell me about this event. Levi was asking about Racing and such. Will this be taking place in Louisville?

CBT
11-08-2010, 04:07 PM
When is louisville? A meet or do they have racing also?
Pony and guspech750 race to see who can drop thier pants the fastest, I do not know about actual Marauder races. The theme changes each year, you never know. The main co-ordinator is MM2004 (Mike) but he tends to hold the details close. Hate that guy. :D I only wish I had attended each one of them, that's how much fun I've had at the two I went to.

CBT
11-08-2010, 04:09 PM
EASY NOW! :lol: Tell me about this event. Levi was asking about Racing and such. Will this be taking place in Louisville?
MM2004 is the man with the plan. I have been blown away by the stuff he co-ordinates, great times two years in a row.

CWright
11-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Pony and guspech750 race to see who can drop thier pants the fastest, I do not know about actual Marauder races. The theme changes each year, you never know. The main co-ordinator is MM2004 (Mike) but he tends to hold the details close. Hate that guy. :D I only wish I had attended each one of them, that's how much fun I've had at the two I went to.

As long as we can get away with fellow marauder owners I know it'll be fun. Maybe the dates will pop out soon to plan for. Any sneak peaks of what is to come let us know.:D

-Matt-
11-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Little zack, i don't know who you are, but I know your kind,worthless, my big toe does more work in five minutes than you have your whole life. I will always be smarter than you, have more money, be more successful, bigger house, more cars than you. Your kind is what we see in a trailer park living off my taxes, off my leftovers, never having anything in life, always pitiful, an excuse for existing. I take a zack every morning when i wake up. I fell sorry for your mother, she must have had it hard, didnt she? Why don't you come to any events? You don't feel your piece of zack is worth it, do you. I don't think you are very intelligent and your colleagues are even more unimpressive. My linelock was malfunctioning, so I powerbraked it. I do not like that because it is working two forces against each other. A linelock only holds the front brakes, allowing the rear wheels to spin freely. As soon as I fix the problem I will let my fellow members know what it was. For some reason my driver rear tire brake was sticking. I know this because I tested it in the parking lot after my first run. Thanks for the video Chris, Mike if little zack is stupid enough he will come to the next event and speak to me in person, otherwise until then little zack, do not post in any thread i am involved in. If you financially can't make an event to apologize to me in person, i will give you my address to finish this conversation in person. Mm.net, i apologize for any inconvenience little zack has caused you. We ignore people like this.

I dont know you, but name calling, mother bashing, and general *******ness of this post is really showing your maturity.

Zack may not be the best at getting his point across, but i didnt see him slander you or and name calling in his posts...

Way to not look like a child :rolleyes:

I take a zack every morning when i wake up.

This on the other hand is very funny

napolitano
11-08-2010, 06:51 PM
No name calling, pure simple truth. I never lie. Just observe and am honest. I truly feel sorry for him.

FordNut
11-08-2010, 06:57 PM
OK, kids... settle down.
I'll make a statement about burnouts, peg-legging, destroyed posi's and be done with it.
What I've learned, from trial & error & many broken parts...

To do a good burnout, go around the water box, then back up into the water box. Make SURE both tires are in the water box. Aim the outside mirrors down so you can see the rear tires. TEXTBOOK would say to now pull forward just out of the water box then do the burnout. Doesn't really matter if you use a line-lock or use the regular brakes. TRUE LIFE don't pull out of the water box, just maybe get close to the edge of it. Then start the burnout and when the smoke really starts to roll, release the brake so the burnout is still going and the car starts to move. Then let off the gas.

Why? If you do a peg-leg burnout, the spider gears and clutches are taking a real beating so repairs are going to be much more extensive and expensive than a clutch pack replacement. If you don't get both tires into the water box, you WILL do a peg-leg. If you pull forward and one tire is wetter than the other, you WILL do a peg-peg. If you start the burnout in the water box and stop the burnout then pull forward instead of just letting off the brakes while the tires are spinning, you will pick up water when you roll out of the water box, but if the tires are hot & spinning you won't.

FormulaMarauder
11-08-2010, 07:41 PM
No name calling, pure simple truth. I never lie. Just observe and am honest. I truly feel sorry for him.

I never met you, and I never met Zack. You are out of line. I've been here a while to know that half of his one liners have quite a bit of sarcasm to them, but are informative none the less.

Over half the stuff I know about my MM are from reading his posts. You say that you know more than he does, but I very much doubt that.

Nice times, good runs. See you next year.

-Paul C.

Blown3.8
11-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Are there anymore videos? It is a video thread, correct?:) Need more videos!:beer:

And if ya wanna spin both tires all the time... get a spool.;)

napolitano
11-09-2010, 04:39 AM
Chris b, never said smarter than anyone. This isn't my first gofast car. Sacks sarcasm doesn't fly with me. Like i said i don't know him, but know his kind. Buddies are sarcastic to each other not complete strangers. I know how linelock works, peglegged burnouts, i never claim to know all, and never get in over my head. Thankyou for your input. Hopefully i will see you next year if not sooner, i enjoy mm events.

Bluerauder
11-09-2010, 04:48 AM

You held the high ground until this post. Better to have left it alone.

napolitano
11-09-2010, 04:56 AM
Truth needs to be spoken. I did just that. He needs to not badger people. He was banned once, given a second chance, he needs to be banned for good. Problem solved for many people.

GAMike
11-09-2010, 04:57 AM
Zack may not be the best at getting his point across, but i didnt see him slander you or and name calling in his posts...

Matt~ Zack gets his point across even when he has not been asked for his opinion, and everyone lets him get away with it. He doesn't slander? The first post he put up was nothing but trying to prove how "big" he is, at the expense of someone else.......That is a form of slander. He doesn't name call? Most of his posts like these are designed to in so many words call his intended target insignificant, and shine the glory back on the almighty Zack. He invades where he has not been asked to comment/invited in and everyone on mm. net lets him. I personally am sick of it regardless of what he knows as that is not in dispute.... Its how he shares it that is.......

I never met you, and I never met Zack. You are out of line. I've been here a while to know that half of his one liners have quite a bit of sarcasm to them, but are informative none the less.

Over half the stuff I know about my MM are from reading his posts. You say that you know more than he does, but I very much doubt that.

Nice times, good runs. See you next year.

-Paul C.

Paul~ I doubt you would take kindly if Zack was to step on your efforts to put the car down the 1/4. My guess is that your "command control" nature would take hold at some point. The difference again being that your threshold may be higher, as you might actually seek Zack's opinion/approval. Nobody did here...........

Just because Levi doesn't post alot please don't mistake that for a lack of knowledge. He's seen & done plenty....

Sorry that this thread got derailed into Zack Land. I am just sick of putting up with the BS:censor: he shovels, and the cheerleading that allows it to continue.

Sorry Paul & Matt. Its just the way I honsestly feel. Disclamer: I have met Zack, and I have met Levi.

And sorry to all readers...... You guys are right... Lets get back on topic. Racing Videos!:burnout::banana2:

boatmangc
11-09-2010, 06:00 AM
And sorry to all readers...... You guys are right... Lets get back on topic. Racing Videos!:burnout::banana2:

Did anyone get a video of my 2nd pass?

Zack
11-09-2010, 06:49 AM
Truth needs to be spoken. I did just that. He needs to not badger people. He was banned once, given a second chance, he needs to be banned for good. Problem solved for many people.

Hello sir.
Please name (on your own) the 'many people' that will wake up happier with me gone.
Can you not see how your original post about your linelock could be mis-construed? (answer honestly fella!)

And the name calling, from a vendor to boot (and the fact it still remains out in the open) is hard proof of the hippocracy from the administration.

I bet you wanted me to come back at them with guns a blazin' right? Hook, line and sinker?
Not today :rofl:

You 'men' should go spend a day on SVTPerformance and see how long you last.

blazen71
11-09-2010, 07:05 AM
You 'men' should go spend a day on SVTPerformance and see how long you last.

Let's start a trash talking forum

prchrman
11-09-2010, 07:13 AM
Let's start a trash talking forum

I love it, Zack being hmself and people taking up for him and calling them that defend theirselves from his comments children. Classic, same ole same ole thing, move along, nothing new.

Egon Spengler
11-09-2010, 07:27 AM
Guys... Seriously??? Two days of this? Just talk about the event and the videos and ignore ignorance! I keep coming to this thread hoping to hear stories about the event and the great times and all I see is bickering. Move on. I ignore A LOT of people's comments and I am sure PLENTY ignore mine (hehe). Just move on and speak of the event!

Great vids! Thanks for sharing. My car does the one wheel wonder every once in a while. Definitely pisses me off!

CBT
11-09-2010, 07:36 AM
Great vids! Thanks for sharing. My car does the one wheel wonder every once in a while. Definitely pisses me off!

Slide around corners like me and both of your back tires will be smokin, problem solved :beer:

CWright
11-09-2010, 07:44 AM
I wish I had a few more worthy of posting up. I didn't film too long and I regret it. If anyone else has video footage of SSHS10 please post out here.

PonyUP
11-09-2010, 07:55 AM

It usually takes place in late March or early April. Mike does an absolutely fantastic job setting this up. Mostly we do different tours (each year is different. This past year we did Whiskey Distilleries and the Caverns) and it's really cool seeing 35-50 Marauders all in a line traveling from one destination to the next. But the funnest part of the meet for me is hanging at the Hotel afterwards, doing a little drinking and playing LCR. We have a blast and it's one of the events I look most foward to. Would love to see my southern Brethren come up this year, you guys would love it.

Oh and to get back on topic, love the videos. It looks like a good day was had by all. It really is quite exhilerating watching 4000lbs sedan haul ass down the 1/4 :beer:

Egon Spengler
11-09-2010, 08:17 AM
Slide around corners like me and both of your back tires will be smokin, problem solved :beer:
I am nervous to kick it sideways now because it will sometimes it will go from one wheel wonder to both tires spinning and the last couple times I did it, I almost lost it because it was kicking in and out. My rear end is a sloppy mess;)

CBT
11-09-2010, 08:22 AM
It usually takes place in late March or early April. Mike does an absolutely fantastic job setting this up. Mostly we do different tours (each year is different. This past year we did Whiskey Distilleries and the Caverns) and it's really cool seeing 35-50 Marauders all in a line traveling from one destination to the next. But the funnest part of the meet for me is hanging at the Hotel afterwards, doing a little drinking and playing LCR. We have a blast and it's one of the events I look most foward to. Would love to see my southern Brethren come up this year, you guys would love it.

Oh and to get back on topic, love the videos. It looks like a good day was had by all. It really is quite exhilerating watching 4000lbs sedan haul ass down the 1/4 :beer:
Is it just me or do the Impalas seems bigger, yet launch straighter/louder/faster? Or is it just because the fastest ones are the ones in the vids?

Pops
11-09-2010, 08:23 AM
More torque and open headers Casey!

SILVERSURFER03
11-09-2010, 08:31 AM

without putting pressure on mike i can't wait to see how we top LAST YEAR hahaha..... cbt dang dude you daman

CBT
11-09-2010, 08:32 AM
without putting pressure on mike i can't wait to see how we top LAST YEAR hahaha..... cbt dang dude you daman
Hi, sailor! :beer:

FormulaMarauder
11-09-2010, 09:24 AM
My rear end is a sloppy mess;)

Maybe CBT can give ya some pointers. :P

Egon Spengler
11-09-2010, 09:46 AM
Maybe CBT can give ya some pointers. :P
I gave him the bait, but he didn't take it...

jflave
11-09-2010, 10:18 AM
More videos please :)

PonyUP
11-09-2010, 04:42 PM

Yes, topping last year will definitely be tough, but if Casey disappears from the site for awhile again, we are going to know something is up. Give us a heads up (yes CBT she said that) Mike,that we can spend Thursday and Friday preparing.

And Joe, if you tell a stripper I'm lonely again, I'm taking your wallet to the VIP. Jerkweed :lol:

Motorhead350
11-09-2010, 05:54 PM

You are the biggest fool on the board. You not only talk down on someone you don't know, but have also passed off yourself as a snob. How dare you judge. Zack is the total opposite of worthless. If you want worthless you need to check yourself. He's very intelligent, even outside of cars. LOOK AT HIS HOUSE. You won't be invited over there though, at least not right now. Don't pass yourself off as the good guy, because you ain't.

Believe it or not Zack is one of the most caring people I have ever met. I am glad to know him even outside of the Marauder aspect. I doubt you have been to his house or seen his cars. All he has ever done here is help people and if someone is completely wrong on something he has his own way of correcting them, even if it's not in kind words... he still has good intention. If Zack hasn't changed, good. I like him the way he is, no one need to tell him how to live or type.

I know I am not the only one that has found the kindness in him. We have all acquired knowledge from him that we use today. If we make a mistake he'll help, if we do it twice we are helped with an insult. If we do not take his advice and suffer from it (like I did) he'll have his own way of saying "I told you so" but guess what? He's still got your back unless you really did something to make him mad.

All he did was try to correct someone on wrong troubleshooting. He get's bashed and banned. What a slap in the face to him and the way management handles the site. It's always go after the second person and not the victim. Whoever has the most flags get's to call the shots and stays on board. A lot of you guys really made yourselves look bad too. If things were handled in a proper manner all would have been fine when Zack said fine you win, but no. You guys had t continue on and he get's banned even after he decides he doesn't need drama.

Real mature. I cannot believe this is coming from me, the most immature on the board.

Motorhead350
11-09-2010, 05:55 PM
I like fast cars.

CBT
11-09-2010, 05:57 PM
More torque and open headers Casey!

After watching all the vids for about the 10th time, I think those large by huge cowl hoods just make it look like the Impalas dwarf the Marauders. Either way, cool stuff, thanks to the people who went and raced and the filmographers for posting :beer:

Dennis Reinhart
11-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Dom please let this go, this is not what this thread is about, it drifted way off topic, this thread is about the shoot out, the fun we had and its about our love for this car and the camaraderie we are struggling to preserve. And if you care for this site I would edit the post, I admit when I am wrong and I try to learn from my mistakes, I have spoke in the heated moment many times and have been chastised for it, but as I said we all try and do the best we can.

Motorhead350
11-09-2010, 06:09 PM
I already said I like fast cars. I have moved on.

I just don't like seeing anyone I care about being bashed.

Carry on. :burnout:

MarauderTJA
11-09-2010, 06:17 PM
Couldn't make it. Read these posts and BS stuff. What I want to know is how everyone did with there personal bests.

Pops (John), Marty, Dennis, Steve and other fast guys:confused:. What happened?

FriendlySS
11-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Levi were you the guy I kept bumping into all day at the event. I spoke with you for a bit in the staging lanes midday?

GAMike
11-09-2010, 07:02 PM
Couldn't make it. Read these posts and BS stuff. What I want to know is how everyone did with there personal bests.

Pops (John), Marty, Dennis, Steve and other fast guys:confused:. What happened?

Lets see Tom.......

~Marty (Thread up somewhere) New personal best 9.6@ 140mph I think

~Dennis was running low 11's before he got booted off the track

~Steve's situation was the most dissapointing of the day. Never got it cranked due to fuel issues. Never backed it off the trailer.

~Mike Shultz's MarkVIII made it into the 11's, and consistent low 12's

~Levi and Rich were consistent low 12's

~Russ from NC ran his fastest 1/4's in the mid 13's NA

All in all a great day, good weather, and good friends! Best news of all I hear we are a go for SSHS11, so no excuses next year Tom:D:burnout::beer:

PonyUP
11-09-2010, 07:04 PM
Lets see Tom.......

~Marty (Thread up somewhere) New personal best 9.6@ 140mph I think

~Dennis was running low 11's before he got booted off the track

~Steve's situation was the most dissapointing of the day. Never got it cranked due to fuel issues. Never backed it off the trailer.

~Mike Shultz's MarkVIII made it into the 11's, and consistent low 12's

~Levi and Rich were consistent low 12's

~Russ from NC ran his fastest 1/4's in the mid 13's NA

All in all a great day, good weather, and good friends! Best news of all I hear we are a go for SSHS11, so no excuses next year Tom:D:burnout::beer:

Count me in for 2011, sounds like I missed out. As much as I love my job, getting bogged down over the weekend and missing this kinda sucked.

That Mark VIII looks sweet though, I also liked those. Lincoln really made a nice ride.

:beer:

Motorhead350
11-09-2010, 07:06 PM
I wanna get back to racing!

PonyUP
11-09-2010, 07:07 PM
I wanna get back to racing!

Who are you kidding, you were racing strollers when you were born. I know the Marauder is on the sidelines for awhile, but I also know how you drive :lol:

Motorhead350
11-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Who are you kidding, you were racing strollers when you were born. I know the Marauder is on the sidelines for awhile, but I also know how you drive :lol:

Even when I was flat broke I was skateboarding around the city. I always need a set of wheels. :)

Pops
11-10-2010, 06:43 AM
Tom I broke the Tranny the week before the race. I did make a 10.88 @129.77 run first!:D

FordNut
11-10-2010, 07:30 AM
Y'all know the Impala guys took the top trophies in ALL of the competition classes this year (some may have been in rentals instead of Impalas, but still...). A little bit of smack talking on the Impala forums, but I guess they deserve it. Some Marauder heavy hitters broke the week or couple of weeks prior to the event, some even broke at the track, but several others skipped out by choice and didn't even show up. We need representation next year in a big way!

FormulaMarauder
11-10-2010, 09:54 AM
Cany you paste up a link? I'm too lazy to look up impala forums (I'm sure there are a few). i don't want to troll, but I'd like to read what they are saying, and offer them congratulations.

Motorhead350
11-10-2010, 11:52 AM
I'll shoot for next year and I'll drive. How many will be able to say they did that? 700 miles and run 12s. :cool:

Pops
11-10-2010, 11:56 AM
I'll shoot for next year and I'll drive. How many will be able to say they did that? 700 miles and run 12s. :cool:

Way more than you think Dom.

CWright
11-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Come on down. We'll give em all something to talk about next year with a Marauder beating! :D

napolitano
11-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Yeah, are you the one with the widened rims?
Levi were you the guy I kept bumping into all day at the event. I spoke with you for a bit in the staging lanes midday?

FriendlySS
11-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Yeah, are you the one with the widened rims?

Nah. I came up in the staging lanes commenting on your tinted windshield then we BS'd for a bit. I actually broke out against you in the bracket race and you didn't even say "Thanks". :beer:

I had a Dark Cherry Impala wearing a black Raider skully

http://www.horsepowerjunkies.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=79&pictureid=1959

napolitano
11-11-2010, 05:12 PM
Oh i see. Lol. Yeah ended up taking second. Next year they should have a drivers meeting to explain some stuff. It got got a bit confusing at times. Guy at staging kept changing which lanes to be in. Where can i post up my old impala parts for sale?

FriendlySS
11-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Oh i see. Lol. Yeah ended up taking second. Next year they should have a drivers meeting to explain some stuff. It got got a bit confusing at times. Guy at staging kept changing which lanes to be in. Where can i post up my old impala parts for sale?

www.impalassforum.com

PM me a list of what you got if you wouldn't mind. Congrats on runner up.

prchrman
11-12-2010, 05:25 AM
So there may be a 11. Had heard no more SSHS's. It was a SS smack down in some ways and the lack of participation of MMs had something to do with it. But we had lots of 12 second MMs and in my book that is super fast. Big John's SS is a different strata as to me it is a track only car. I think we should have a true street class with full interiors, street legal tires and such as the Big Dog since I first came in 03 has shot way past most people's pocketbook potential. I had a great time but several MMs opted out which I do not understand (other than broke and broke) as I thought competition and events like this one weighed heavy on why you modded your car in the first place. The General vs FOMOCO vs the Pentagram is what is all about and this is the premo show case for luxo barges to shoot it out. What did Dennis get booted for? He had a great run from what I saw.

FriendlySS
11-12-2010, 05:48 AM
So there may be a 11. Had heard no more SSHS's. It was a SS smack down in some ways and the lack of participation of MMs had something to do with it. But we had lots of 12 second MMs and in my book that is super fast. Big John's SS is a different strata as to me it is a track only car. I think we should have a true street class with full interiors, street legal tires and such as the Big Dog since I first came in 03 has shot way past most people's pocketbook potential. I had a great time but several MMs opted out which I do not understand (other than broke and broke) as I thought competition and events like this one weighed heavy on why you modded your car in the first place. The General vs FOMOCO vs the Pentagram is what is all about and this is the premo show case for luxo barges to shoot it out. What did Dennis get booted for? He had a great run from what I saw.

There's been many discussions about running a "street legal" Big Dog in the past and the discussion usually ends up in a argument. Just getting to the "4000lb with driver" rule has been changed in the past.:argue: I guess the ol' addage is true. The person with the most money usually wins. That's why I pull for the underdog.

I've driven 7 hours in years past to and from Atlanta with my 11 second car but I need to admit I had it towed this year which made the event much less stressful.:beer:

GAMike
11-12-2010, 05:49 AM
Willie~ Dennis got booted for not having a roll cage in his vehicle... NHRA says if you go as fast as Dennis does, the car must be caged. His car has midrange for days!

prchrman
11-12-2010, 07:07 AM
Street legal class would be the best class in my book as bracket racing is OK but not my cup of tea. At Thunder Valley in Bristol they used to have this bracket and all cars had to make this 30 min trip on the highway around the country side around the drag strip before racing, not sure the logistics of that but it was a very telling exercise in that many did not make the cut and the ones that did were of a truth a street legal car. The above 12 second division this year was pretty close I think but for me I think a full interior, street legal tires, no tubbing, etc etc would be a fun division for what a street rod that weighs 4000 lbs should be. Most of the guys on here want a fast street car and still drive theirs on the road so a division that reflects that sentiment would produce more participants IMNSHO.

Pops
11-12-2010, 07:13 AM
That is known as True Street. Most of the time they do a 30 mile ride and then come back and make 3 runs. They have to do an average on the three runs. If you are racing the 12 second class you need to be the closest to 12 second flat. Interesting class!

prchrman
11-12-2010, 07:20 AM
That is known as True Street. Most of the time they do a 30 mile ride and then come back and make 3 runs. They have to do an average on the three runs. If you are racing the 12 second class you need to be the closest to 12 second flat. Interesting class!

I would love to see it and just to be in the 30 min ride convoy would be a hoot.

Pops
11-12-2010, 07:25 AM
Police escort most of the time!

prchrman
11-12-2010, 08:10 AM
Police escort most of the time!

Necessary evil I suppose ;).