PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about getting this unit

ctrlraven
11-23-2010, 02:17 PM
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/In-Dash/DVD-Receivers/AVH-P3200BT

Pops, what are your thoughts on the unit? If I got one, would I be able to retain steering wheel controls with an addition module add on with the P3200BT. I don't need navigation but I want bluetooth and dvd playback features. I would probably lose the subwoofer function also right?

Thanks.

fastblackmerc
11-23-2010, 02:21 PM
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/In-Dash/DVD-Receivers/AVH-P3200BT

Pops, what are your thoughts on the unit? If I got one, would I be able to retain steering wheel controls with an addition module add on with the P3200BT. I don't need navigation but I want bluetooth and dvd playback features. I would probably lose the subwoofer function also right?

Thanks.

You can get a unit to interface with the steering wheel controls. You will lose the subwoofer function. Good reason to upgrade your sub. I replaced my stock sub with a Basslink.

martyo
11-23-2010, 03:23 PM
I got that unit for my birthday and I love it. I have it in my F450 and it sounds killer. Personally, I did not bother with the Nav add on, but the iPod cable is a must (for me anyway).

I have the 910BT in my Marauder (which John hooked me up with) and I love it too.

martyo
11-23-2010, 03:25 PM
You can get a unit to interface with the steering wheel controls.

This unit will also work with a hand held Pioneer remote (unlike the 910BT).

ctrlraven
11-23-2010, 04:25 PM
I got that unit for my birthday and I love it. I have it in my F450 and it sounds killer. Personally, I did not bother with the Nav add on, but the iPod cable is a must (for me anyway).

I have the 910BT in my Marauder (which John hooked me up with) and I love it too.
I just don't want to give up my factory sub even though I have an aftermarket sub and box hooked to the factory amp. It's just enough fill in bass to match my MB quart components up front.

Ktorres1
11-23-2010, 05:13 PM
How much is that basslink?

fastblackmerc
11-23-2010, 05:59 PM
How much is that basslink?

There are a bunch on eBay. I have the Basslink, there is also a Basslink II.

Pops
11-23-2010, 07:04 PM
You can keep the facctory sub but will need to buy a small amp to run it. Other than that you have it correct.