PDA

View Full Version : So what will it do in the 1/4 ?

bigcowl-imp
11-25-2010, 11:04 AM
Motor= Stock Carbed 2008 LS7 with a front mount Distributor and converted to wet sump.... Stock heads with new valves and valve springs...Has a mild 620 lift hydrolic roller cam....1050 pro systems Dominator carb...we upped the compression a little to 11.6 so i can still run pump gas. Has a aftermarket 2 peice intake manifold and headers and thats about it...No trans brake th350 and 411 gears...28x10.5x15s slicks..4 bullit mufflers.......2,710 with full tank and without driver....

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f393/bigcowl-imp/freshpaint009.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f393/bigcowl-imp/freshpaint015.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f393/bigcowl-imp/My%20stang/Finishednotch001.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f393/bigcowl-imp/My%20stang/Finishednotch002.jpg

ImpalaSlayer
11-25-2010, 11:09 AM
thats a nice notch, too bad it has a chevy engine

flat out guess, 9.67 never been very good at this

Pops
11-25-2010, 11:15 AM
:(Has a Chevy in so who cares!

guspech750
11-25-2010, 12:11 PM
:drool: LS7!!:drool: Would love to see that in my Marauder. With out the carb.

Im guesing 9.75

jflave
11-25-2010, 12:16 PM
Looks bad ass I like :)

hotford
11-26-2010, 07:31 AM
Light weight coupe I'd say 10.0 at least if not but a 427 ford in it

LOL

Pops
11-26-2010, 08:53 AM
Light weight coupe I'd say 10.0 at least if not but a 427 ford in it

LOL FE's rule!;)

MOTOWN
11-26-2010, 10:15 AM
thats a mean (sleeper) stang i say 10.00!

Jolly Roger
11-26-2010, 11:08 AM
:(Has a Chevy in so who cares!

What he ^^^^^ said.

bigcowl-imp
11-26-2010, 02:48 PM
FE's rule!;)

Oh really why is that ?? The BBF FE only had 425 hp didn`t they ???

SC Cheesehead
11-26-2010, 03:10 PM
Oh really why is that ?? The BBF FE only had 425 hp didn`t they ???

I know somebody putting out a tad more than that in his...;)

Pops
11-26-2010, 03:28 PM
Oh really why is that ?? The BBF FE only had 425 hp didn`t they ??? Chevys belong in Chevys. Trying to compare a 427 Ford to a late model anything is something you can not do. Go to the Ford FE website for some high power FEs. Come here next year and I will show you one! It still will not be as fast as your car but the 900 pound weight diff will have a lot to do with it. Plus your engine is far from stock unlike the 427 you are referring to.:)

bigcowl-imp
11-26-2010, 08:11 PM
Chevys belong in Chevys. Trying to compare a 427 Ford to a late model anything is something you can not do. Go to the Ford FE website for some high power FEs. Come here next year and I will show you one! It still will not be as fast as your car but the 900 pound weight diff will have a lot to do with it. Plus your engine is far from stock unlike the 427 you are referring to.:)

If Chevy's belong in Chevy's then why are alot of ford guys putting Chevy LS motors in old coupes, low boys, Mustangs, etc etc etc ??? You never see the Chevy guys putting in ford FE motors in there old street rods.......so i`m not sure how you can say FE rules.......My SBC LS7 motor is not built but it does have a mild hydraulic roller cam on pump gas with 4 mufflers and old school carb and distributor 9.74@139 Now lets put my motor in a 1964 Ford Thunderbolt Tribute car that weighs a 1,000 pounds more.......that means it would go about 10.70`s right ??? So why are you only going 11.639 @ 117.20 with a stroked BBF motor ?? Now lets talk about the SBC LS9 motors in the ZR1`s.......stock there going 10.70`s with the ac on and getting 28 miles to the gallon........i`m thinking the LS motor rules and your way wrong...i just don`t know how you can say old technology FE motors rule ???

BODYMAN
11-26-2010, 08:18 PM
My 91 5.0 with gt40 ported upr lwer intakes but was a tremec 3550-5spd so lost time in shifting but had serious poted twisted wedge heads similar cam duration & 3.73 gear comp 11.1.. I was doing 10.2's on AVG. Tells us what you run. Atleast he doesnt have RICE Ford or not!!

guspech750
11-26-2010, 09:43 PM
If Chevy's belong in Chevy's then why are alot of ford guys putting Chevy LS motors in old coupes, low boys, Mustangs, etc etc etc ??? You never see the Chevy guys putting in ford FE motors in there old street rods.......so i`m not sure how you can say FE rules.......My SBC LS7 motor is not built but it does have a mild hydraulic roller cam on pump gas with 4 mufflers and old school carb and distributor 9.74@139 Now lets put my motor in a 1964 Ford Thunderbolt Tribute car that weighs a 1,000 pounds more.......that means it would go about 10.70`s right ??? So why are you only going 11.639 @ 117.20 with a stroked BBF motor ?? Now lets talk about the SBC LS9 motors in the ZR1`s.......stock there going 10.70`s with the ac on and getting 28 miles to the gallon........i`m thinking the LS motor rules and your way wrong...i just don`t know how you can say old technology FE motors rule ???Sooooo True!!

:2thumbs: They do Rule!! Would love to just pull my LS2 out of my GTO or put a LS6 with a nice head and cam package in my Marauder if I was savy enough.

MrBluGruv
11-26-2010, 09:52 PM
LS motors = win.

Chevy engines in Ford bodies = not win.

It's not a question of performance, it's a question of brand loyalty essentially.

This kind of thing isn't exclusive to US cars though, you see it a lot with Honda, Toyota, and Nissan engines being exchanged in various Japanese vehicles and sometimes even non-Japanese vehicles.

To each their own really, HOWEVER coming to a Ford site then bashing Ford motors as being inferior to Chevy engines -> definitely not a good idea. :P

Pops
11-27-2010, 05:34 AM
If Chevy's belong in Chevy's then why are alot of ford guys putting Chevy LS motors in old coupes, low boys, Mustangs, etc etc etc ??? You never see the Chevy guys putting in ford FE motors in there old street rods.......so i`m not sure how you can say FE rules.......My SBC LS7 motor is not built but it does have a mild hydraulic roller cam on pump gas with 4 mufflers and old school carb and distributor 9.74@139 Now lets put my motor in a 1964 Ford Thunderbolt Tribute car that weighs a 1,000 pounds more.......that means it would go about 10.70`s right ??? So why are you only going 11.639 @ 117.20 with a stroked BBF motor ?? Now lets talk about the SBC LS9 motors in the ZR1`s.......stock there going 10.70`s with the ac on and getting 28 miles to the gallon........i`m thinking the LS motor rules and your way wrong...i just don`t know how you can say old technology FE motors rule ???

You crack me up trying to have a Ford Chevy pissing match on a Ford site! The T Bolt goes what shw is tuned for and is wau uner tired. If she goes much faster it needs more rule change money. Why don,t you try to take a car that is this old and heavy and make it fast? I know why because you have chosen to take the light and eay road. FEs rule as old technology. How many old school parts are you using? No comparison here dude.:)

SC Cheesehead
11-27-2010, 08:10 AM

And I'm thinking this is a useless thread.

How can we say old technology FE motors rule? In the words of Louis Armstong, "If you can't feel it, then I really can't 'splain it to you..."

hotford
11-27-2010, 08:26 AM
The only reason people put chevy motors in fords tells me they can't build a ford motor to begin with.:help:

I will say it looks nice and you did a good job but your car looks like its stricley for the track and not a street car.

I had a white coupe similar to yours but with a stroked windsor to 392 inches, yates heads and a sigle plane intake and dominator carb, set up for spray: with a nitrous converter and nitrous gear with a glide it went 9.07@151 on the motor.
On the spray into the7's
stock style suspension looking like yours(just a track car).
so when I see chevy's in fords I just wounder why....must be money??
thats the only reason I can think of?

Either way its the owner choice.

LANDY
11-27-2010, 10:16 AM
I have a buddy that has a homebuilt 355 Chevy with 175shot on what used to be a 4 cylinder notchback. The car is amazingly quick. But he never opens the hood for anyone.
Btw car was put together with less than 5grand. That's the only way I would do that
I know that ls engines are not that cheap so I'm this case don't look like $ was an issue.

BlownMerc
11-27-2010, 10:54 AM
Love the old Ford FE's! Comparing the LSx engines to the FE's would take a lot of similar build materials comparisons. I'd be willing to bet the mentioned 427ci/425hp motor he's speaking of would dyno just a liiiiitle more than 425hp. All of the motors back then were under-rated for insurance and classification purposes. I believe I saw a special one time with built-to-spec engines being dynoed and the 427/425 was only bettered by the 426 Hemi. I wanna say the Ford put down 640+ at the crank. Now, put THAT motor in a light-weight notchback and we'll see what it runs ;)

Good looking car, though. Very clean, just not a fan of Chevys, much less cross-breeds. But, to each his own. That's why they make chocolate and vanilla!

BODYMAN
11-27-2010, 12:22 PM
we all have our own opinions you know what they say about opinions ...... Ive seen stuff likes this for year vs- verse one way or the other. Just NO RICE!!!!

Blackened300a
11-27-2010, 01:21 PM
Ford 427 FE in a Camaro.
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/TorinoStyle2/FordFECamaro.jpg

This 67 Camaro powered by a SBF is pretty sick.
http://www.hotrodhomepage.com/hrhp_images/ford_camaro/RSX302.jpg
http://www.hotrodhomepage.com/hrhp_images/ford_camaro/RSX302_5.jpg

http://www.hotrodhomepage.com/hrhp/2005/12/24/ford-powered-camaro/

Ralph Sr.
11-27-2010, 02:57 PM
very nice mustang ! we have a 93 florida police notchback lx mustang/ ford crate racing 302/340 horses /plus headers/gt-40 intake, almost stock car /lower rear /drag tires -high 11 seconds ! thinking like my corvettec6/zo6 427 /505 horse / motor plus some small mods/some,top pure stock /vettes guys can high 10 seconds/ drag tires only.. also you are lighter /big drag tires/ and a super chevy engine ! 9.57 ! faster than you ford guys said.. guys its a chevy/motor !!!!

bigcowl-imp
11-28-2010, 12:48 PM
The only reason people put chevy motors in fords tells me they can't build a ford motor to begin with.:help:

I will say it looks nice and you did a good job but your car looks like its stricley for the track and not a street car.

I had a white coupe similar to yours but with a stroked windsor to 392 inches, yates heads and a sigle plane intake and dominator carb, set up for spray: with a nitrous converter and nitrous gear with a glide it went 9.07@151 on the motor.
On the spray into the7's
stock style suspension looking like yours(just a track car).
thats the only reason I can think of?

Either way its the owner choice.

If i have a stricley for the track car then why do i have a hydrolic roller cam and run pump gas and put 4 mufflers on it ??? i drive out to Woodward ever nice Friday and Saturday evening and drive all over..The cops on Woodward don`t care about slicks....On nice week ends i bet i put about 100-300 miles on the car.......What about you with your race car ??? You got over 2 seconds on spray ??? I have never heard that before.....good job...

bigcowl-imp
11-28-2010, 12:52 PM
Love the old Ford FE's! Comparing the LSx engines to the FE's would take a lot of similar build materials comparisons. I'd be willing to bet the mentioned 427ci/425hp motor he's speaking of would dyno just a liiiiitle more than 425hp. All of the motors back then were under-rated for insurance and classification purposes. I believe I saw a special one time with built-to-spec engines being dynoed and the 427/425 was only bettered by the 426 Hemi. I wanna say the Ford put down 640+ at the crank. Now, put THAT motor in a light-weight notchback and we'll see what it runs ;)

Good looking car, though. Very clean, just not a fan of Chevys, much less cross-breeds. But, to each his own. That's why they make chocolate and vanilla!

Your still short on the hp at the crank and my motor is darn near stock...

bigcowl-imp
11-28-2010, 01:09 PM
You crack me up trying to have a Ford Chevy pissing match on a Ford site! The T Bolt goes what shw is tuned for and is wau uner tired. If she goes much faster it needs more rule change money. Why don,t you try to take a car that is this old and heavy and make it fast? I know why because you have chosen to take the light and eay road. FEs rule as old technology. How many old school parts are you using? No comparison here dude.:)

I can`t believe i`m on a Ford forum with some guys sticking up for me...Maybe some of you other guys should also see the light .....hehe Also i`m not talking bad about the FE motors because i have always liked them....i was just saying that they don`t rule no more...

Pops
11-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Hey big cowl you are not going to get a lot of sympathy here . You keep defending your Chevy and most of don't care. How about you compare it to mt 4.6 in my Grand Marquis? Put it in a Mustang and it would whip your a$$ no problem. Plus its a smaller cubic inch motor. I will be over at Milan this year and look forward to meeting you. In the meantime FEs still rule! Us old guys love the old motors period. I will also tell you I pay very little attention to late model Chevys. Good luck with your car! :2thumbs:

MercNasty
11-28-2010, 01:49 PM
nice ride dude, i dont care if it has a ford or chevy motor, LS motors are super nice tho

bigcowl-imp
11-28-2010, 04:41 PM
very nice mustang ! we have a 93 florida police notchback lx mustang/ ford crate racing 302/340 horses /plus headers/gt-40 intake, almost stock car /lower rear /drag tires -high 11 seconds ! thinking like my corvettec6/zo6 427 /505 horse / motor plus some small mods/some,top pure stock /vettes guys can high 10 seconds/ drag tires only.. also you are lighter /big drag tires/ and a super chevy engine ! 9.57 ! faster than you ford guys said.. guys its a chevy/motor !!!!

Thank you and how do ya like the Zo6 ?

bigcowl-imp
11-28-2010, 04:42 PM
nice ride dude, i dont care if it has a ford or chevy motor, LS motors are super nice tho

Thank you.....

bigcowl-imp
11-28-2010, 05:11 PM
Hey big cowl you are not going to get a lot of sympathy here . You keep defending your Chevy and most of don't care. How about you compare it to mt 4.6 in my Grand Marquis? Put it in a Mustang and it would whip your a$$ no problem. Plus its a smaller cubic inch motor. I will be over at Milan this year and look forward to meeting you. In the meantime FEs still rule! Us old guys love the old motors period. I will also tell you I pay very little attention to late model Chevys. Good luck with your car! :2thumbs:

Sorry to see you have a biult 4.6 motor with a sc on it and only going 10;88.......you could have done that with a stockish LS7 motor like mine.....See you need to go learn about the LS motors and you will learn that they do rule... :~)

How about i bring my impala to milan in the spring and we go at it ? Your sc to my spray ??$$$.$$

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f393/bigcowl-imp/Picture022.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f393/bigcowl-imp/truckimpalahobby029.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f393/bigcowl-imp/truckimpalahobby030.jpg

MrBluGruv
11-28-2010, 05:27 PM
Sorry to see you have a biult 4.6 motor with a sc on it and only going 10;88.......you could have done that with a stockish LS7 motor like mine.....

427 vs. 281....

and you don't see the problem with this comparison....

Pops
11-28-2010, 06:31 PM
How about you bring your car to Atlanta next November and race with the big boys! If your car is as fast as you act you should have no problem beating everyone who races including me. I do not race for money. Post up some video of your Impala making some runs at the track with the clocks on!! You seem to like to brag about your Chebby but show no proof like rest of do here! You also think you can run over anything and may be in for a surprise my friend. Is your car legal for 11.49 or faster at the track?

hotford
11-28-2010, 09:08 PM
If i have a stricley for the track car then why do i have a hydrolic roller cam and run pump gas and put 4 mufflers on it ??? i drive out to Woodward ever nice Friday and Saturday evening and drive all over..The cops on Woodward don`t care about slicks....On nice week ends i bet i put about 100-300 miles on the car.......What about you with your race car ??? You got over 2 seconds on spray ??? I have never heard that before.....good job...
motor to motor and I will pop you ass every time hero!! my car still has the wiper motor and power windows in he car and bumper etc....
your gutted car doesn't .

Chevy Forms slow to night Buddy.

SC Cheesehead
11-29-2010, 05:27 AM
motor to motor and I will pop you ass every time hero!! my car still has the wiper motor and power windows in he car and bumper etc....
your gutted car doesn't .

Chevy Forms slow to night Buddy.

My thoughts exactly.

Ralph Sr.
11-29-2010, 07:43 AM
i love my zo6 corvette ! 427 cubes /505 horses/ love the torque ! have to be carefull on the street or track ! b/c no cold temps./ no wet streets / warmed up tires ,etc.. remember some corvette guys are running these pure stock ! low 11 seconds range/ same pure stock guys with drag tires only, high 10 seconds ! dont take my word can see this all on c/6 zo6 website ! how i like the my corvette zo6 ? when i drive it ,i feel like 16 years old !! i am 71, and retired ..

Ralph Sr.
11-29-2010, 07:51 AM
you know that ls7/zo6 motor, looks nice in your mustang ! when i first seen it thought, it was ford ? distributor in front ,etc. i know it upsets the real ford people ! but you did a great job !! ,at first thought it was a ford motor ..

BlownMerc
11-29-2010, 11:06 AM
Your still short on the hp at the crank and my motor is darn near stock...

Not sure what kind of horsepower you're making on that "darn near" stock motor with it's raised compression, aftermarket intake, Dominator carb, and long tube headers. I was just letting you know that if you were comparing the rated 425hp that you stated in your post, that those numbers were a little skewed. I even complimented your car, but you responded with the usual ignorance that seems to follow Chevy fans that post on a Ford forum board.

So, again, nice car but not a fan of cross-breeds.

FormulaMarauder
11-30-2010, 12:20 AM
F the haters. Dude, badass build. I dont care if its a Mopar, Bowtie, or blue oval. I've owned them all, and it always comes down to one thing, THE BUILD. I've found that MOST people who are brand specific are just mechanically retarded in regards to anything they have never worked on. It's American, and it's badass. Welcome to the freak show.
-Paul

Pops
11-30-2010, 08:20 AM
F the haters. Dude, badass build. I dont care if its a Mopar, Bowtie, or blue oval. I've owned them all, and it always comes down to one thing, THE BUILD. I've found that MOST people who are brand specific are just mechanically retarded in regards to anything they have never worked on. It's American, and it's badass. Welcome to the freak show.
-Paul

Thanks for the slam!!!!!! :)

RacerX
12-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Thank you and how do ya like the Zo6 ?
In the rear view mirror of course! ;)