PDA

View Full Version : Update on LeoVampire

SMOKE
12-11-2010, 06:53 PM
I had the great pleasure of shooting over an Email to LV and hearing back from him personally for the first time in months. No slight on Fran but it was GREAT to hear back from Dave.

Through much trouble and practice and hard therapy LV is coming back again. His major setback this year was a stroke plus other complications as well as the loss a couple of months ago of one of his furry children. A year of highs and lows that I'm sure would test the strength of anyone on this board but its great to see LV coming out on the other side finally.

Dave promises to pop in soon and felt I'd just share an update with others around here who have asked after him. It meant a lot to him and I can't think of a better wish for another Marauder fanatic but for Dave and all his loved ones to have a safe and prosperous 2011 and put the rougher parts of his 2010 behind him.

See you around soon Dave.

All the best,
Jonathan

LANDY
12-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Good deal, I'm glad he is getting better. Prayers sent.

boatmangc
12-11-2010, 07:40 PM
Awesome news, it will be good to hear from him!

kernie
12-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Great to hear things are improving! :)

Keep working on getting better, looking forward to seeing you post, thamks for the update.

TAKEDOWN
12-12-2010, 12:27 AM
Can't wait to hear from the guy!

bobsawyer7
12-12-2010, 05:35 AM
Great news. Glad to hear he's making progress. Let him know he's missed and hope he's back in the groove soon.
Thanks for the update

fastblackmerc
12-12-2010, 06:23 AM
Good news!
Thanks!

Bluerauder
12-12-2010, 06:29 AM
I had the great pleasure of shooting over an Email to LV and hearing back from him personally for the first time in months.

Was just thinking about this earlier in the week and was wondering how LV was doing. Thanks for the update, Jonathan. Hope to see him back on here and posting up again. Glad to see that he is making progress.

SC Cheesehead
12-12-2010, 07:00 AM
Good news for sure. Glad to hear he's coming along.

djv5150
12-12-2010, 08:10 AM
Glad to hear Dave is doing better, my family and I pray for his speedy recovery. look forward to his posting soon.:banana:

Blackened300a
12-12-2010, 08:18 AM
Glad to hear Dave is making a recovery!

Ms. Denmark
12-12-2010, 08:22 AM
Thank you for this positive update Jonathan! Like Charlie, I have been thinking about LV recently and hoped he was improving. My real hope is that he's able to join his fellow mm.net members at Carlisle in June.....or if not there then at Marauderville! :beer: Please pass along our very best wishes and tell him he is missed around here!!

PonyUP
12-12-2010, 09:52 AM
Thats great news too Hear, I'm very happy Dave is making his way back. I'll keep a positive thought

SpartaPerformance
12-12-2010, 11:21 AM
Great news!!!

Mr. Man
12-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Glad he's on the mend. I wish him well and a speedier recovery!:)

DOOM
12-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Get well soon!

CBT
12-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Well that is good news :beer:

SMOKE
12-13-2010, 04:14 PM
A couple exerpts from Dave this past weekend (now that I can copy/paste)...

"Jonathan this is Dave I should be popping in sometime soon to say hello.
Doing much better after therapy and lots of practice. Thanks and I hope you and yours had a good thanksgiving!

Still slow in something but constantly getting better"

"It's been a hard road this time for me! Take a lot to relearn and do stuff but I am getting there. Everyday working hard at it.
Driving again was the hardest to get back required a lot of work and time. But my night vision is not the greatest for driving it seems now.
Plan to pop on the site soon to say hello and thanks to all who wished the best for me and us."

Egon Spengler
12-14-2010, 06:39 AM
Thanks for the update sir!

PSG
12-20-2010, 02:09 PM
send him our best wishes, look forward hearing from him

LeoVampire
02-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Doing better just can not spend a ton of time on the internet.

Gives me a massive headache doing all the reading.

We hoped it was my eyes but no such luck they are fine.

Francisco is back to work after his hand surgery but he seems to have more problems with pain and use now after it than before the carpel tunnel surgery so trying to get a second opinion. Had to get a lawyer involved because his job did not want to take responsibility for it all and pay him while he was out of work.

Now just have to recover from his lower pay for a few months and get caught up again. Thank god for tax returns! :lol:

See you all @ Carlisle already have the room and will pre-register this month for it.

CBT
02-10-2011, 01:50 PM
Good to have you back, brother :beer:

Egon Spengler
02-10-2011, 01:56 PM
Good to have you back, brother :beer:
What he said! :beer:

Ms. Denmark
02-10-2011, 07:28 PM
It will be so nice to see you in June, Dave!! :beer:

LeoVampire
02-11-2011, 02:06 PM
I need something to do to help me get the brain in sync with the rest of my body so very much looking forward to the Spring thaw so I can start working on the Marauder again!

kernie
02-11-2011, 02:26 PM
I need something to do to help me get the brain in sync with the rest of my body so very much looking forward to the Spring thaw so I can start working on the Marauder again!
Sounds like your on the mend are your spirits are lifting, good stuff!:beer:

boatmangc
02-11-2011, 06:18 PM
Good to hear from you!

PSG
03-05-2011, 06:58 PM
good to hear your back on your feet . hope to see you out at some local shows soon, that is if the snow melts enough to get any of my cars out!

dakslim
03-06-2011, 07:55 AM
Great to hear from you...been thinking of you. My wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

LeoVampire
03-06-2011, 11:31 AM
good to hear your back on your feet . hope to see you out at some local shows soon, that is if the snow melts enough to get any of my cars out!

Still have mounds of ice and snow blocking the garage doors.
But I have a ton of work to do to her this year before she will see a show or cruise night.

Just remember to pull the fuel pump fuse and crank her over till the oil pressure gauge shows some pressure then put the fuse back in and start her up to avoid any internal scoring and or damage after sitting for so long.

I will post pics on the work as I do it though show the progress.

Went and played cards with my car guy friends last night @ one of their houses. I lost the game but it was fun getting out and doing something.