PDA

View Full Version : Pulleys Are Here!

Ross
12-17-2003, 08:46 AM
My mechanic received my pulleys. I'm going to try to break away from the office for awhile today and go have them installed. I'll report what the drive is like coming back to the office after the install.

Haggis
12-17-2003, 08:58 AM
Good luck Ross, wish I could use an excuse like that to get away from work for a while. Have Fun :D .

TAF
12-17-2003, 09:17 AM
Be sure he puts your waterpump pulley on correctly...any questions? Contact Marty :lol:

MAD-3R
12-17-2003, 09:19 AM
Watert pump, or OIL PUMP? :(

Ross
12-17-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by TAF
Be sure he puts your waterpump pulley on correctly...any questions? Contact Marty :lol:

Something tells me that I missed a good Marty story somewhere along the line...?

cyclone03
12-17-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by TAF

Who you really want to contact is me!
Right Marty?

Ross
12-17-2003, 09:28 AM
OK, all of this tells me that someone had a bad experience with a pulley that went on backwards or something. Anything I should really know before I go get these things installed? Is it obvious which one goes where? Are they marked or something? Idiot proof? Sheesh, I thought this was going to be an easy one!

RF Overlord
12-17-2003, 12:11 PM
Ross:

No worries...if you got the Steeda pulleys from Dennis, there's no way they can be installed wrong...if the water pump pulley is on backwards, it's obvious and the belt won't go back on correctly...it's an easy fix...and remember, you don't replace the alternator pulley...

What those jolly jokers are referring to was an incident a while ago with another brand of pulley...

STOP MAKING ROSS ALL NERVOUS, taf and cyclone!!!

TAF
12-17-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by RF Overlord
Ross:

No worries...if you got the Steeda pulleys from Dennis, there's no way they can be installed wrong...if the water pump pulley is on backwards, it's obvious and the belt won't go back on correctly...it's an easy fix...and remember, you don't replace the alternator pulley...

What those jolly jokers are referring to was an incident a while ago with another brand of pulley...

STOP MAKING ROSS ALL NERVOUS, taf and cyclone!!!

Uh.....ask Marty if the belt won't go back on. He drove his for a couple thousand miles and 3 times down the track in Ennis until Cyclone said..."Uh...Marty....uh do you know your waterpump pulley is backwards??!!" Then he proceeded to fix it for Marty...good guy that he is. I STILL say that's why Marty beat me by .4!!!!

RF Overlord
12-17-2003, 12:26 PM
Really?!

I didn't think it was possible to have it on backwards and still operate and not throw the belt...

I thought y'all were talkng about MAD-3R's "excellent adventure"... my bad...

Anyone have a picture of how it's SUPPOSED to be? Now you've got ME nervous...

TAF
12-17-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by RF Overlord
Anyone have a picture of how it's SUPPOSED to be? Now you've got ME nervous...

Believe me....

your's is backwards :lol::lol::lol:

jspradii
12-17-2003, 10:21 PM
You're ALL backwards!

Ross
12-18-2003, 07:48 AM
I watched them put these things in. If DR's pulleys are on backwards, I think you will notice that the belt won't line up right. Can't say about any other type pulleys.